Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Power Effecient Loki Loadout *no Flow Required*

Hayden11121

Question

So, as of now, I have these current mods, and this is with a double forma'd (Due to the auras giving energy, you should be acceptable with only energy siphon, or another mod, giving you the required energy) Loki, it is acceptable to change these around, but I wanted a build that would NOT require flow to be efficient.

LOL YOU NOOB Y U NO FLOW?

Well, Flow apparently seems to be hard to get. It was one of the first mods I ever found. I'm sure I am lucky, but hell, that's the game of Warframe. Either way, I noticed when I maxed it out I had 450 energy, and I could never spend it that much. And when I did, I was completely dry. So making my skills last longer and be more power efficient is better then making my energy pool larger. So, the main reason is other players do not have Flow, especially Loki users, as they may be new/ semi new.

Polarities:

Four Skills

Two - Slots *Optional*

One V Slot.

One *Backwards* V Slot

The Normal Aura Slot For Energy Siphon.

Loadout:

Redirection @ Rank 6 (280% Shield Capacity) *Level could be lower but shields are low, just remember!*

Rush @ Rank 4 (25% Sprint Speed) *Optional*

Switch Teleport @ Rank 2  *Preferred for the more creative players*

Invisibility @ Rank 3

Streamline @ Rank 4 (25% Power Effeciency)

Continuity @ Rank 4 (25% Power Duration)

Decoy @ Rank 3  *Optional*

Energy Siphon @ Max Rank (.6+ power regen rate)

Constitution @ Max Rank (+40% Speed for Getting up, 28% Power Duration)

Optional But Helpful : Essence Helmet *Big Forehead*

What does this mean?

For the price of an approximately 20+ second Invisibility *Far Superior Ratio to Ash's* you pay around 50 - 25% = 37 Energy.

That is an INSANE amount of Invisbility and I can actually Solo Vey Hek in one spell, and Jackal in 2.

With charge attacks at 200% base damage while invisble and 150% crits your 200 swing Orthos mixed with 150% Bonus Charge damage can do 500 damage, which while invisible turns to 1,000 damage, and crits make that into 2500.

A 2500 CRIT ON AN ORTHOS, AND YOU CAN SPAM THESE INDEFINATELY.

Also, due to Constitution, Streamline, Continiuty, and Essence Helmet you can effectively get a 20+ second invisibility for 30 energy, and with only one other player using energy siphon at max rank you gain more then 30 in that duration, meaning you can effectively stay invisible for the entire game. 

Well Hayden, I don't want one of those "Optional Mods"

Well, the mods do NOT require you have them.

Rush: Rush makes it easier to catch up to your targets, because while invisible they will aim for your allies, and run right by you. How dare they not stop and let you him them! Well this evens that out.

Decoy: While this is useful, it is more of a team support, and can die very quickly and not even take all incoming fire. If you want to revive a player, you could use this decoy, or pop an invisbility and pop that green smoke over your ally out of nowhere. If you're a team player, you can use Decoy. If you want to save yourself, use Invisbility.

Switch Teleport: While I said Rush is nice so you can catch up to players, it isn't needed. The situational yet cheaper alternative is Switch Teleport. Are you on Kappa and about 10 enemies are at the top of the stairs? Do you want to swing them all to death? Well, you could run up there, or Switch Teleport. *Note* While this is great in that situation, running towards enemies that are running away will be met with a stalemate and a waisted charge attack unless you have rush to give an extra boost to catch up. PS: To feel like a ninja while about to fall over a pit, switch teleport with your ally. They will fall in, and go back to where they suddenly were, and you will be there too. They go "WTF" And you just laugh.

Switch Teleport *For the Team Player*: When you see an ally downed, you can switch teleport him (For some reason I always seem to be in a better spot then they were) then pop invisbility, go over to him, and give him the heal he needs. The same thing goes for a hurt ally. If he is knocked down and being focus fired, switch him, give him a break. He can even have the position you required. Hey, it's a Coop game, as long as you thought you were doing good, you aren't trolling.

Redirection: While at max level I have almost 500 shields, I find myself losing them a lot. About the time it takes to cost invisibility I can lose a good 200 shields, from inopportune times of losing invisibility. *Such as swinging on a heavy who then knocks me down* So it is recommended to use this, and not Fast Deflection, because Fast Deflection is useless. Your shields will recharge while Invis. So, find a nice balance, but If you are going to use this slot at all, make it Redirection.

HOW DO I LOKI?

You kill S#&$ buddy. You kill, quickly. You aren't a press 4 frame. You work for your kills, you are a true ninja. The emphasis is not on your gun, or your armor. It's on your speed and your damage with your trusty melee weapon.

Things you will need to note while playing Loki *Some Obvious, Others Not So Much*

You need to find a balance. With your "Possibly" newfound duration of Invisbility, you will find yourself too reliant of it at first and take yourself out of a nice position at the worst time. Get a feel for your invis. You should be able to back up, and within 2-3 seconds, your invis should cut out. That is how you know the balance.

Your Switch Teleport will be used. ALOT. Stray Charger on Cryopod? Save the day. Ally downed by a bunch of chargers? Go Invis, Switch With him, and chop them like they did to him. Need a better position, or want to cause some havoc? Switch yourself with a grunt and start the mayhem that is Loki.

You are fast. Really fast. Don't go too ahead of your team. But at the same time don't think your speed can save you, because nobody is fast enough to dodge a bullet. Unless it's a corpus bullet. I outrun those all the time. But MOAs are still fast.

Do you want to teleport? Not Switch Teleport? Easy. Find a target that is currently dead, and doing a death animation, such as the charger flailing about while on fire. Switch Teleport it, it will either stay there or switch with you. But it's dead, so what does it matter? Also if you are in a spot where you should not be, or vice versa, then the ability can either be a pull or a teleport.

Switch Teleport, Invisibility, and Decoy can all be used in the air.

Can't get a good target, can't get a break from the stunlocks on the ground?

Run up to that wall, then run up the wall *Faster frames go up walls higher* and aim at the area you want to land that decoy, or Switch Teleport with whatever you want. Or cast invisibility. Just know the air is not your enemy, but your friend.

People will need your help. Keep an eye out. Some players do not have Redirection at all. Why this is their fault, it doesn't mean leave them to their fate. If a heavy is sinking half of their ammo reserve into your friend, take your time of relentlessly grunt killing and jump attack / finish off that heavy.

Switch Teleporting also keeps your momentum. If you are sliding and cast this, you will keep sliding. Just remember you always aim where the enemy/ ally was, and vice versa, so this is a good way to line up a headshot with a heavy that's focused on you *Damn their aimbots!* while getting it away from others.

I hope this helps out you Loki players, I would love to see more of you around. Of course, should you use this build, I hope I wouldn't see you long before you go invisible (;

Good luck, and this build is great for solo farming. Vey Hek, Jackal, Golem, Nef Anyo, Stalker, And many more have fallen victim to my invisibility.

EDIT: Changed Focus for Continuity. Also added another use of Switch Teleport, although it may be considered a bug, it is still nice.

EDIT: Special Addition For Special Elite Players.

It's called Proki, and it stands for Pro Prova Loki.

Take

Vitality

Steel Fiber

Quick Thinking

Rage

Equilibrium *Optional*

Radial Disarm

Stretch *Optional*

Retribution

What does this do?

Well, what it does is this

iH9upu2.jpg

Take your tanking Loki into a game, use Radial Disarm, and stand still and laugh as you are stuck currently in god mode, with Rage giving energy and Retribution dealing damage, while Quick Thinking uses said energy to give you mana back. If you want to tank better then Rhino, this is a fun and effective way how to. Outside of solo, this still helps for reviving players without invisibility, turning every Corpus and Grineer game into an Infested match, and really taking a load off that these high powered guns do.

Have fun!

Edited by Hayden11121

I might interest you to know that I have nearly 200 in mission hours, leveled almost all the frames, but still no Flow. I have never been in a situation where I thought, if only I had a Flow.

Back to topic, nice guide. I just recently leveled a Loki and it was a ton of fun.

While I use my own infinite invis Loki build, I'm curious; why Focus? Does this, instead of Continuity, increase invis time, or am I missing something, or..?

It will increase the Decoy's health, and increase Invisbility time. Although, the mods are interchangeable. But I think Decoy dies too quick, so I use Focus.

I might interest you to know that I have nearly 200 in mission hours, leveled almost all the frames, but still no Flow. I have never been in a situation where I thought, if only I had a Flow.

Back to topic, nice guide. I just recently leveled a Loki and it was a ton of fun.

They are not that nice. I could have about 400+ energy, but I would be waisting more energy. At 50 energy, I would be waisting more energy, even if I had the energy to do so. And, what if a disruptor takes all that 400+ energy out in one swing? At least I have leftover orbs on the ground because I max out quickly without Flow. But with it? Nope, you're done.

I really like this guide for being a Loki, gonna use it once I get a Loki.

I wonder how this build will fare with a Shade Sentinel attached to it?

You may have noticed I don't have a sentinel in that game of Kappa.

Because with Loki's Invisibility you do not cloak your Sentinel, so as soon as I get close to heavy gunners, for example, they punch the ground trying to knock down the sentinel, and instead knock me down.

And, it gets annoying flying over my head.

It's a pretty nice guide, but I do have to point out that streamline doesn't reduce the cost of skills by % of their cost, it makes your energy worth more. So each point of energy you have spends as 1.3 (max rank). So the cost at rank 4 (25% efficiency 1.25 energy per point) will actually make the cost 40. Not 37.  In the same sense, a 100 energy cost skill with a max rank (+30%)streamline will cost ~76 to cast, not 70.

aside from that I'm sure the guide will be helpful to some, good work

I'm just finicky

Edited by TickTockMan

It's seriously bothersome that Loki's Invisibility doesn't cloak the sentinel. If Ash's smokescreen can hide sentinel, then why not Loki's ability? This is probably the only reason that I use similar build as this but with Ash instead of Loki.

Heck, during smokescreen, Dethcube can stil activate his vaporize ability when we're both cloaked and within melee range. It's great contribution to dps as well as additional crowd control.

Edited by YTakuyaY

I updated the guide, I can now stay Invisible for ever with the build I put. I suggest you remove Redirection for Constitution if you can't make the choice. Or Rush even, because this is so important. With 2 energy siphons *Yourself being one* you can stay invisible the entire game. Enjoy folks, and please comment/ add something new!

Edited by Hayden11121

I use decoy rank 1 on higher level missions (non defense), the decoy is dead LONG before it expires, and AFAIK ranking it only increases the duration

I like using a sentinel because when you use raidal disarm enemies will run right up to you while stealthed but wont attack. The grineer heavies being the only disadvantage I can think of, might as well keep the sent while its alive.

Switch Teleport at rank 2 is a good tip, save yourself a point. Sometimes I use reach (defense missions where I disarm) and theres no diff at all between R2 and 3 with Reach equipped.

I would recommed maxxing Streamline and Continuity over Redirection, that efficiency becomes more and more important if you intend to use other abilities as well.

Does dropping mobs over botomless pits with ST still kill them? I know putting ancients up on crates isnt as effective anymore :(

Oh, and someone commented on Streamline - it used to increase your energy's efficiency (literally), and now it just states that while actually reducing ability costs by that %age. Slightly more powerful than before and easier to calculate.

It's a pretty nice guide, but I do have to point out that streamline doesn't reduce the cost of skills by % of their cost, it makes your energy worth more. So each point of energy you have spends as 1.3 (max rank). So the cost at rank 4 (25% efficiency 1.25 energy per point) will actually make the cost 40. Not 37.  In the same sense, a 100 energy cost skill with a max rank (+30%)streamline will cost ~76 to cast, not 70.

aside from that I'm sure the guide will be helpful to some, good work

I'm just finicky

They "fixed" this a couple of patches ago. It used to work like you described, but now works in a more straightforward way of making your skills cost X% less.

It will increase the Decoy's health, and increase Invisbility time. Although, the mods are interchangeable. But I think Decoy dies too quick, so I use Focus.

According to the Wiki, Focus doesn't affect Decoy's health at all. Even if it did, 30% isn't a whole lot, as the Decoy is quite squishy nevertheless. I personally don't think it's worth the points that it takes up, especially considering that it will, at absolute best, improve only a single skill by a rather mediocre amount.

Welp.

Just so you know, Hayden, Switch Teleport doesn't have you facing your target. I used to think it did, too, but I realized it didn't yesterday.

You face the direction your target was facing. It's easy to think that you face them as they're usually aiming for you and your head (just goes to show how much the AI cheats with aimbots. >_>)

Welp.

Just so you know, Hayden, Switch Teleport doesn't have you facing your target. I used to think it did, too, but I realized it didn't yesterday.

You face the direction your target was facing. It's easy to think that you face them as they're usually aiming for you and your head (just goes to show how much the AI cheats with aimbots. >_>)

Thanks for that post, I will update as necessary!