Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A New Warframe Idea, Just Throwing Things Out There

Gripheon

A New Warframe Idea

It would be pretty amazing for a designed warfame that uses rollers as abilities aswell as other utilities, kinda hinting at the idea that the rollers that the grineer uses are based around tenno design due to the grineer nature for capturing tenno and their technology.

Name: Galleon

They see me rollin', they hatin'

Appearance: A base tenno armor but with grineer like plating on top

Stats: (Unmodded)     Sprint speed 1.1      Armor: 75        Base Shields: 100           Base Health: 150            Energy: 150

Rough draft of abilities:

1. Summons 1/1/2/3(max 12) rollers to harass enemies, and drawing aggro(increases with rank). Rollers do small staggering damage, and have small amount of health(both increases with rank). Any damage they soak without dying will be added damage to the next target they hit (They will not gain any health back from performing this). Affected by Continuity (duration of rollers), Focus (Increases damage and health of rollers)

This ability is good for distracting enemies, for easy picking or quick retreat. ~ 25 energy

2.  Fortress: Creates circle cover, at hight of 1 meter, blocks enemy movement and projects by your armor energy color. enemies cannot fire through and are pushed back during cast.

Affected by Continuity (duration) and strech (size of circle)

This ability offers some breathing room, espessially against infested. This is basically infested versoin of snow globe. ~ 50 energy

3. Summon Latchers: Summons 3/3/5/7 latchers, that will act like greneer's ones, causing moderate damage and knockdown. Also they seek any ally with 50% or less health, and sacriface themselves for 20/20/35/50% health.

Affected by Focus (damage/health regen) and strech (size of explosions)

Good crowd controller ability, and for healing others. Every latcher should seek their own target, if possible. ~ 50 energy

4. Bladeball: A much larger roller in its most advanced form. A sleek tenno designed sphere with chainblades acting like wips in a rotating lawnmower like manner following targets and gibbing anything in sight with armor ignoring whip blades. Draws most aggro. Dies in a Shrapnel explosion. Lasts 10/14/17/20

Affected by Focus (damage/health), strech (Radius of blades), and Continuity (duration),

Idealised as a lawnmower for brutally maiming crowds of grineer, corpus, and infected. ~ 100 energy

Props to Pyromite for changes :)

I had fun thinking this out and i hope that DE will take into cosideration of my idea about this new warframe in bringing a most hated enemy on the battlefield into one of the most useful tools a tenno could ask for (Thank you for reading this far lol).

Any suggestions are appreciated to at least keep this thread rolling with ideas.

Edited by xXZEROCSXx

I might have put this thread in the wrong place idk. this great controversy with the antimatter frame doing non antimatter related abilities got me thinking for this frame possibly at a later date to tie in better with the game.

with hopefully less conflict...

Edited by xXZEROCSXx

just throwing ideas out... its still a beta. im just hoping that this new "anitmatter" warframe dosent get butchered to hell. lol

btw if you think its bad thats fine, it dosnt bother me. :)

How does it seem bad to you though? Is it giving too much trust into the AI?

Edited by xXZEROCSXx

Ok, so first ability is op, imagine 12 rollers on you, second ability depends on if you used the first one and its just kinda weird, third ability is actually cool, but the fourth is the worst, it depends on if you used the first one and it sounds op as well, 12 rollers explode with a "massive splash damage" is kinda big

well it dosnt have to be 12 it could be 2 or something scrap the second ability aswell as the ult.. hmm i kinda built this around having the first ability easy to cast to base the other abilities around. im thinking having about 2 rollers makes sense though.

So having abilities that rely on other abilities is a no go?

personally im tring to figure out a class type that has not been touched on already.

Edited by xXZEROCSXx

This won't work. No other warframe's abilities get extra features when on maxed rank. Also, 2nd and 4th abilities are too dependent on 1st, to summon all 12 rollers, you need 180 energy, then you use ult, 100 energy. You killed 10-15 enemies for 280 energy.

Too situnational. Too depent on 1st ability. There is no "oh %#@¤" -ability. No chance in PvP.

But, with lot of work, could become good support frame.

I had fun thinking this out and i hope that DE will take into cosideration of my idea about this new warframe in bringing a most hated enemy on the battlefield into one of the most useful tools a tenno could ask for (Thank you for reading this far lol).

Most hated? I don't hate rollers at all. I find even leeches more distracting and annoying than rollers,.

maybe as the second ability is deployable cover or shield?

maybe the ult is a bulletstorm ability where your firerate is increased, damage increases, personal armor increases and infinate ammo, full auto fire for like 6 seconds?

Would those work?

let me fix the original thread..

Edited by xXZEROCSXx

This won't work. No other warframe's abilities get extra features when on maxed rank. Also, 2nd and 4th abilities are too dependent on 1st, to summon all 12 rollers, you need 180 energy, then you use ult, 100 energy. You killed 10-15 enemies for 280 energy.

Too situnational. Too depent on 1st ability. There is no "oh %#@¤" -ability. No chance in PvP.

But, with lot of work, could become good support frame.

Most hated? I don't hate rollers at all. I find even leeches more distracting and annoying than rollers,.

to be honest i was questionable on the idea as a whole i just threw it out there, so far people commeted liked the 3rd ability and i think the first would be better if it was cut down to 2 to 4 rollers.

i chaged the original thread to make a little more sense lol.

and less crazy..

Btw most people hate rollers, im kinda suprised you dont.

Ok, so first ability is op, imagine 12 rollers on you, second ability depends on if you used the first one and its just kinda weird, third ability is actually cool, but the fourth is the worst, it depends on if you used the first one and it sounds op as well, 12 rollers explode with a "massive splash damage" is kinda big

omg....this just seems.... really bad.....

just changed it to make more sense and less crazy...

now it seems alot better, maybe the bulletstorm can also be like turret mode? like you become a stationary turret, and blast things with even more force/damage/power. i dont know... for some reason with the re-work, you did, reminded me of firefall all of a sudden, xD

now it seems alot better, maybe the bulletstorm can also be like turret mode? like you become a stationary turret, and blast things with even more force/damage/power. i dont know... for some reason with the re-work, you did, reminded me of firefall all of a sudden, xD

I could imagine that, but usually with enimies running behind cover you wouldnt get the full effect, maybe something like reducing to a walking pace like a heavy gunner of sorts, which reminds me that they need to add a tenno SAW to the game for fucks sake.

maybe boost the armor to 150 and make this basically a heavy support gunner class you think?

Btw i can kinda see how this would remind you of firefall, lol

I sorta like this. Looks like it might look like the Grineer or be obviously made out of Grineer armor and stuffs but with a more of a Tenno twist.

Or maybe something like a base tenno armor but with grineer like plating on top to benifit the overall apperance

How about making Bulletstorm affecting whole team, making Rollerframe more support.

Those stats are weird. Normally Warframes have max health and shield either 300 or 450 and energy 150 or 225.

That would be interesting, how about having it to where the main frame gains 100% of the benifits and the closer you are to the frame the percentage of benifit for other frames surrounding it increases to the maximum amount of 100% of the frames abilities within 10 meters or so, the farther you are away from the frame the percentage gets less and less. does that work?

fixed the stats a little, gave it more of a heavy trooper vibe

Edited by xXZEROCSXx

Numbers are uberly high , the tankiest warframe is rhino with 450/300   150 armor and 150 ene ... 

a mass dmg / heal of 50 energy ? and a shield of 25 ? not to talk about a 15 energy summon ....

Unlimited ammo is somewhat unbalancing mainly cuz it makes ammo box completely useless , since with energy syphon [ and ES on rolers which made it even more imba ]  you would simple have neverending sustain ...

wtf numbers ,

Edited by Lyestk

Numbers are uberly high , the tankiest warframe is rhino with 450/300   150 armor and 150 ene ... 

a mass dmg / heal of 50 energy ? and a shield of 25 ? not to talk about a 15 energy summon ....

Unlimited ammo is somewhat unbalancing mainly cuz it makes ammo box completely useless , since with energy syphon [ and ES on rolers which made it even more imba ]  you would simple have neverending sustain ...

wtf numbers ,

definate point made, fixed and balanced the stats a little

i didnt know what protection level people would agree with so i bulS#&$ted the numbers at first, fixed infinate ammo to faster reload and fixed the energy aswell as specified the circumstances a little more for the first ability

Stats still don't make sense. How about showing base stats instead of max. Base stats tells max stats as well as how useful vitality/redirection/flow are. Base shield/health are 75/100/150, which increases 15/20/30 every 3 ranks, for max 225/300/450. Base energies are 100/150, which increases 5/7.5 every 3 ranks, for max 150/225.

Here's my suggestion for Rollerframe:

Galleon

Base stats: Sprint speed 1.1   Armor 75   Shield 100   Health 100   Energy 150

Abilities:

1. Summon rollers(energy cost 25)

Summons 1/1/2/3(max 12) rollers to harass enemies, and drawing aggro(increases with rank). Rollers do small staggering damage, and have small amount of health(both increases with rank).

Affected by Continuity(duration of rollers), Focus(Increases damage and health of rollers)

This ability is good for distracting enemies, for easy picking or quick retreat.

2. Fortress(energy cost 50)

Creates circle cover, at hight of 1 meter, blocks enemy movement and project.

Affected by Continuity(duration) and strech(size of circle)

This ability offers some breathing room, espessially against infested. This is basically infested versoin of snow globe.

3. Summon Latchers(energy cost of 50)

Summons 3/3/5/7 latchers, that will act like greneer's ones, causing moderate damage and knockdown. Also they seek any ally with 50% or less health, and sacriface themselves for 20/20/35/50% health.

Affected by Focus(damage/health regen) and strech(size of explosions)

Good crowd controller ability, and for healing others. Every latcher should seek their own target, if possible. I imagine this would be hard for DE to make work properly.

4. Mother of all rollers(energy cost of 100)

Summons huge roller, that will draw aggro from every enemy, have small health, exploding with moderate range and damage, shooting multiple latchers into every direction. Seeking their own targets, if possible, they will explode at the same time.

Affected by Focus(explosion damage) and strech(explosion radius)

Great ability for cleaning rooms, or damaging bosses(if there are no other enemies, all latchers will go to same enemy). Won't make 3rd ability useless, since double energy cost and no healing ability.

Rollerframe will be mixture of Ember(cc), Trinity(support) and Loki(distraction)

Stats still don't make sense. How about showing base stats instead of max. Base stats tells max stats as well as how useful vitality/redirection/flow are. Base shield/health are 75/100/150, which increases 15/20/30 every 3 ranks, for max 225/300/450. Base energies are 100/150, which increases 5/7.5 every 3 ranks, for max 150/225.

Galleon

Abilities:

Summons 1/1/2/3(max 12) rollers to harass enemies, and drawing aggro(increases with rank). Rollers do small staggering damage, and have small amount of health(both increases with rank).

Affected by Continuity(duration of rollers), Focus(Increases damage and health of rollers)

This ability is good for distracting enemies, for easy picking or quick retreat.

This ability offers some breathing room, espessially against infested. This is basically infested versoin of snow globe.

Summons 3/3/5/7 latchers, that will act like greneer's ones, causing moderate damage and knockdown. Also they seek any ally with 50% or less health, and sacriface themselves for 20/20/35/50% health.

Good crowd controller ability, and for healing others. Every latcher should seek their own target, if possible. I imagine this would be hard for DE to make work properly.

Summons huge roller, that will draw aggro from every enemy, have small health, exploding with moderate range and damage, shooting multiple latchers into every direction. Seeking their own targets, if possible, they will explode at the same time.

Great ability for cleaning rooms, or damaging bosses(if there are no other enemies, all latchers will go to same enemy). Won't make 3rd ability useless, since double energy cost and no healing ability.

Rollerframe will be mixture of Ember(cc), Trinity(support) and Loki(distraction)

since its a warframe, you should make the rollers they summon, much more unique. like the rollers are a type of droid that has like small pistol armament to it. or something...

the latcher thing.... again.... its like an exact copy of grineer lancers... there should be something unique about it. perhaps like the latcher has like a shrapnel effect?

the last one....eeeh.....

Galleon

Abilities:

fortress is a good one, ill fix the stats, i like #1 aswell, but i agree with void, im trying to think of something that would be unique to the tenno rollers....

The fourth one is kinda odd, cool idea for a big &#! roller though.

Im also trying to make this a culmination of ideas, either by directly changing to your ideas because they are written better and explain reasons, or adding a twist to them

fourth ability is still kinda up in the air though.. nevermind.. got it, made it ruthless

Edited by xXZEROCSXx

since its a warframe, you should make the rollers they summon, much more unique. like the rollers are a type of droid that has like small pistol armament to it. or something...

the latcher thing.... again.... its like an exact copy of grineer lancers... there should be something unique about it. perhaps like the latcher has like a shrapnel effect?

the last one....eeeh.....

Fixed it a bit, idk what to do with latchers to make them unique... any more ideas?