June 20Th: Community Hot Topics

[DE]Rebecca

June 20: Community Hot Topics

Sorry for the delay between Hot Topics this month, E3 was a busy time! Now, back to business!

1.    Lore! War!

We have received many many ideas, requests, and questions about the lore of Warframe. Our latest Livestream (I feel like I’ll be referring to that a lot in this Hot Topic!) revealed some pieces of information about progress on lore. Namely, how it will be revealed in bundles, how the new and terrifying Captain Vor (as seen in the E3 trailer) will be arriving, and what this means for the Tenno. We will have steady lore drops. A look at this upgraded Captain Vor can be seen here: http://youtu.be/sMu7YfW9b_0?t=17m27s

2.    Dojo Resources and Scaling When?

This was the first question we had for the team in our last Livestream. In short: The code base is there for the clan tiers (from Shadow to Moon), the testing must be carried out, and we must tweak the existing economy before implementation. When asked for a time, “withoutmaking a promise, it’s on a few weeks kind of schedule”.

3.    More customization options?

Season 2 of alternate helmets are near completion, we revealed several on the Livestream, please see the question and visuals here: http://youtu.be/sMu7YfW9b_0?t=32m58s

I believe there are screenshots of this as well in the forums, I will attempt to upload our in house versions in this thread today.
Geoff also mentioned the hopeful inclusion of scarf like attachments for customization to the Frames.

4.    Warframes being fixed, balanced, etc?

Reviewing all the Warframes is a big priority. We’ve received tons of feedback, and Scott is currently in the process of reviewing (in order) Mag, Volt, Rhino, and Ember. This is his current timeline, but does not mean none of the other frames are being looked at. They all are, we’re just letting everyone know the order of review! We want every frame to be balanced and equal.

5.    Melee attack feasibility?

Users pointing out that the Charge Attack is the only feasible Melee option. We hope to have the scalability of melee, mods, and the system reviewed for Update 9.

6.    WEEEKEND EVENT!

We are having a Artifact Defense Event this weekend! More information will come soon.

7.    Drops, RNG, Alerts.

This is a continuation from last week. Steve said a lot in the stream about this, in short, he said:
•    Alert System has a lot added to the table as game grows. Statistically makes sense, but users setting goals for items in this system will be frustrated due to large rare pool.
•    RNG as a whole will add tables to enemy types. Objective focused goals will be more feasible with drops as drops will be enemy specific.
•    Alerts will feature better even distribution.
Please see here for a detailed talk on what the problem, is with Alerts and how it needs to be changed. : http://youtu.be/sMu7YfW9b_0?t=29m58s.

8.    “Solar Landmark Clutter”

A new system is coming to better facilitate the contributions of our Grandmasters.

9.    Trading?

This is something we’ve discussed for a time, but implementation has been slow due to ensuring it does not create harmful exploits. Our approach and implementation of this will be in small phases. Discussion of the Clan Vault is still on the table here, along with other ideas on a Squad based level. 

For reference, here is the June 4 Hot Topics: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/58975-june-4th-community-hot-topics/

Cool, I really want that ash helmet, but love all the designs.

BTW I am also totally loving infested mobile defense.

Bosses?

I agree! The helmets were awesome!

Would very much like to see the "cloth" in game. It needs to have "pretty colors" :)

Also second that question on bosses, they need a buff ;)

Greetings DERebecca!

Ced32ric mentioned there was some dev activity on the Cells thread (below).

Is there any official comment (or at least recognition :P ) on these two Metagame mechanics threads which address tons of issues that players are asking about (lore, challenge, difficulty, less grind-y feeling play, less RNG, more risk/reward play):

Cells - This is Warframe's Endgame (with 100 upvotes! EDIT: now 120,130,140,150 upvotes!)

and

Harmony - The Skill-Based Complement to Mastery (new! with 30,40 upvotes and counting)

Inquiring players want to know!

Edited by notionphil

This was the first question we had for the team in our last Livestream. In short: The code base is there for the clan tiers (from Shadow to Moon), the testing must be carried out, and we must tweak the existing economy before implementation. When asked for a time, “withoutmaking a promise, it’s on a few weeks kind of schedule”.

Yep. My question. Awesome. Looking forward to it.

By the way.

It's pronounced as a mix of your two guesses. Greh Jee Oh. Still a valiant effort.

Looking forward to the alternate helmets too.

Had a laugh at the livestream when the Mag helmet (Beats by Dre) showed up.

Season 2 of alternate helmets are near completion, we revealed several on the Livestream, please see the question and visuals here: http://youtu.be/sMu7YfW9b_0?t=32m58s

I believe there are screenshots of this as well in the forums, I will attempt to upload our in house versions in this thread today.

Geoff also mentioned the hopeful inclusion of scarf like attachments for customization to the Frames.

What is the future of Season 1 helmets? Will they stay in RNG pool or will be moved as plat-only purchase? And what about S2 - plat only, or BP  alert drops?

Great!

Solar landmarks: It took more than 2 months to locate mine, with two other friends having gone through multiple times and never seeing it.

Customization - Looking forward to new helmets, and I know my clanmates are as well!

Dojo scaling - Well, I was hoping for something sooner, but we'll just keep on chugging here.

Impatient for the Dojo updates, but excited for it! Also looking forward to the updates to the older frames, loved everything on the livestream! Thanks DE!

Also I really hope we see a separate slot for artifacts/auras, I would hate to have to lose an already precious mod slot for one.

Glad E3 was such a success!  It's good to have you all back.

1) Lore

Not a big deal for me, I play for the simple pleasure of the smooth gameplay.  But it will make the game more interesting, and I'm looking forward to reading, learning, and wondering about it.

2) Clan Dojos

This has become a major issue, it seems.  I know our (small) clan has pretty much been just sitting tight, waiting for the 'other shoe to fall' regarding the upcoming changes to building our Dojo.  Without knowing what we'll need, there's really not much reason to farm until we learn more.  And given the fact that PUG play has seemingly evaporated -lately about half the PUG rounds I play, I end up playing by myself- just playing for the fun of it with a pick-up group seems to have taken quite a hit.  Seems to me it would be in the game's best interests to find a way to encourage PUG play again. 

In my mind, a great deal of the "blame" (if that's how you want to characterize it) can be traced back to 'Have To Join A Clan / Don't-Have-To-But-Really-Should Build a Dojo'.  Until this issue gets settled, the fact that we've been led into joining a clan but then left in limbo about how to proceed in the "creation' of the Dojo -the main reason we joined a clan in the first place- means at least for me, I really don't have a great deal of motivation to play the game (other than it's FUN TO PLAY!!)  So I'm disappointed that after having waited a couple of weeks already, it will be another couple of weeks until we begin to see some progress.  E3's timing in this case was unfortunate, but necessary.

3) More Customization

I like this.  I don't know how much of a programming headache it would be, but it would be nice to see things like clan-specific tats, Event-Champion on-armor badges, Dangly Bits (I LOVE that!!) that reflect Mastery level, a tat or badge the reflects a player's account-wide total kills, and similar "dig-me" stuff.  Some way to let a user's stable of WFs reflect the user's in-game achievements.  I've had the pleasure of playing this game for a while now, and it would be nice to have ways to show that.  I really liked the look of many of the new helms, although I'm not sure about the "hair" on that first one's ponytail.  Not digging that as much as the others.  But I definitely prefer the somewhat 'sleeker' look of these new helmets.

4) Balance passes

A good thing, can't really say more until we see the results.

5) Melee

Again, not my issue.  As always, I'll be interested to see what happens.

6) Weekend Events

Always a winner in my book.  It will give me a reason to do more than just drop in while I'm waiting for the new Dojo rules to be birthed.  I likee.

7) Alerts, RNG, etc.

. . .

Tough to rationally discuss this anymore without the thread being taken over by trolls, haters and the "I'm Right!!" crowd, so I'll just say that we should all be alert, because the country needs more lerts.

8) Solar Landmarks

Obviously they're a mess.  But you guys & gals are clever, and I'm looking forward to your new approach.  Till then, a back-burner issue for me.

9) Trading

An issue that I'm interested in, and will follow your progress with great curiosity.  But the last time I heard it discussed, it was within the context of trading within a clan, so again, being part of a small clan makes this something we really won't be able to do a great deal of anyway.  So this isn't something I'll be able to take a great deal of advantage of in the long run.  But still, a potentially interesting new wrinkle....

Edited by PanUmbrian

5.    Melee attack feasibility?

Users pointing out that the Charge Attack is the only feasible Melee option. We hope to have the scalability of melee, mods, and the system reviewed for Update 9.

My only problem with charge attacks - the same problem that makes me think "Oh crap!" upon seeing 'high charge damage' in the wiki description - is that there is only ONE animation for it, which gets really old really quick if it takes more than 3 or 4 of them to take down a particular enemy. Add a couple more to each weapon type to make charge combos and I reckon that's half the battle won straight away, the other half of course being the viability of normal attacks beyond just stun-locking in preparation for a charged hit.

Edited by Nova2000

Enjoyed the livestream a lot. Have a few questions regarding two of the items in particular:

2. Any idea how this will work for clans with rooms already built and such? Will the price reductions be retroactive for smaller clans that have managed to scrape together a hallway and reactor etc., or should we be waiting to complete builds until the cost reductions go in (my clan has managed a few rooms, but we've now hit a wall since we've expended all the resources we had amassed up until now in the game)?

3. Any plans/possibility for making the alt helmets simply cosmetic, or even being able to simply apply the effects without the cosmetics?

There are several of the helmets I really like the look of, but hate the effect, and vice versa (like the Saryn effect, don't like looking like my head is a clove of garlic though ;) ). It would be nice, if at all possible, if we could choose to apply the appearance and effect combination we like best rather than the effects being linked to the appearance.

Lets try asking scientists about whether the powers picked for antimatter frame are actually related to antimatter...

Indeed because if they were, then every single one of them would just be an "Oh S#&$, I JUST DESTROYED EVERYTHING!!!" button.

But then again, ask them about that and they'll likely also write the whole game off, given the concept, so it's probably just as well.

Nevertheless I see where you're coming from; I get annoyed - and start imagining Albert Einstein chewing his beard off in frustration - every time I hear the term "Lightspeed" in Star Wars.

1. Mire-Bugged hit boxes, make poison more like acrid because 4 damage per attack untouched by mods is bad.

2. Helmets on Primes- Look awkward because they lack gold trim

3. Thunderbolt- Such a bad mod right now. Make more like it was initially.

4. Melee Channel- Please factor it in for thrown weapons