Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Windows 8 & DirectX 11

[DE]Glen

We're seeing a large number of crashes coming in from people who seem to be predominantly:

1) Running Windows 8,

2) Using a DirectX 11-compatible video-card

3) Booting in Full-screen mode

You may have seen this yourself; the crash handler calls it WAR-4740.

We've tested Windows 8 internally with DirectX 11 and have been unable to reproduce this crash ourselves; if you can help shed light on this the Lotus would be very pleased!

We've tried some multi-mon configurations but they all work fine for us.

We don't think this is a driver issue because we've matched driver with people reporting the bug.

If you can get this crash (especially you've found a way to work around it) we'd love to hear from you!

If you're running a multi-GPU configuration (SLI or Crossfire) and it works please chime in!

We assume that people are able to work around this crash because nobody seems to be complaining about it customer support. Are you just disabling DirectX 11? Are you all running Windowed instead?

Running a Windows 7 Machine with Dx11 and 64 bit mode enabled as well.

GTX 580 4gb DDR5

i7 2600k

16gb DDR3 Ram

I am seeing a couple FPS drops when fighting exploding Infested and using the Shotgun "STRUN" I usually sit around 120~370 FPS when I use any other weapon, but when I use the STRUN I get FPS drops in the 40's and 60's

Not sure why.

Running Windows 7 with DX11 along with my husband and we crash maybe 2-5 times each per mission we do. We do full screen.

I would be interested in the WAR number of the crash -- I expect it's a different issue, though, because the crash we're getting is on boot.

I would be interested in the WAR number of the crash -- I expect it's a different issue, though, because the crash we're getting is on boot.

Well I submitted a ticket and someone told me to disable DX11 in the launcher so I might try that. If I still get a crash, I will save the WAR number since before I didn't. Is there a way I can pull that information up after the fact?

Well I submitted a ticket and someone told me to disable DX11 in the launcher so I might try that. If I still get a crash, I will save the WAR number since before I didn't. Is there a way I can pull that information up after the fact?

Unfortunately not easily.

Running on Windows 8 Pro 64-bit with DirectX 11 mode enabled. No problems with launching the game. Played few games, it's working fine. But game just crashed when hordes of enemies came running my way. Framerate doesn't dropped, it's normal, around 40 I think, but it crashed, just like that. And I just arrived at the Extraction Point too (what a waste).

Seems like the engine is kinda unstable. I think this is the 2nd crash, also when tons of enemies came attacking me.