Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

will there be pvp?

zakarul22

If theres enough demand and money to be had i dont see why not, but their current F2P model would make it pay to win soooo i dont see PVP being that good in the games current state

well yea not right now, maybe in the future. I cant be the only person that would find a pvp mode of this game amazing and extremely entertaining. Balancing pvp can be done by making it a separate entity than its pve side, idk but i do hope that in the future a pvp mode is implemented or at least looked into by the developers

Yeah if the game was to have PvP realeased in its current state, the Devs could do something along the lines of everyone in the match starting with base weapons, and having weapons placed stratigically on the map. They could be picked up and used, but dropped upon death, sort of how the MP in Halo works.

well yea not right now, maybe in the future. I cant be the only person that would find a pvp mode of this game amazing and extremely entertaining. Balancing pvp can be done by making it a separate entity than its pve side, idk but i do hope that in the future a pvp mode is implemented or at least looked into by the developers

Everyone tech has access to everything. Simply just take out Mods in pvp. There plenty of balance.

I think pvp is an almost obvious addition. Surely a fair ways down the line, but they have such a good variation of skills already and I can hardly imagine why they wouldn't give us even a simple excuse to test them out on eachother. Maybe a Tenno training room or sparring mode.

Keep it in mind for later DE!

I was just wondering I have played this game and it's simply amazing and I was wondering if a PvP will be available and if there is gonna be like a clan territory thing maybe doing several mission to rack up points and if you surpass the points of your enemies then that territory is yours. It's just an idea it doesn't have to be like that.

I can see Warframe potentially having a very repetitive end game. The same went for Dark Souls, which increased by hundreds of times the replay value when tgey added in additional PvP elements. I don't see why PvP can't be put in, especially for max level players.

Edited by NoirProxy

Can't comment on future PvP plans but have a few Qs for you guys:

-Almost all F2P is PvP. Do you guys worry that adding PvP would take away the uniqueness of Warframe (PvE!)?

-Would you want PvP sooner than expansion of new locations, enemies, coop mechanics and bosses?

-Are you concerned that Premium vs. Foundry Warframes would create the impression that competition is "unfair"?

-Would you smack talk me in the forums if you knew you could duel me in my pimped Prime Warframe?

1) personally i think it would, but at the same time might also brethe new life into it

2) id rather an expansion before pvp, The main draw for me has been the take on PVE and should be made the games stong point/priority imo.

3) Frames can all be ground for, as long as there isnt premiun exclusive frames, it shouldnt be a problem. even WOW wich ive heard is praised for balance sells gear in there shops. The "Pro" system on the therhand, seems a bit unfair. maybe a PVP disables the pro bonuses?

4)NO WAY STEVE, youd be the pvp boss mode.

1: Not at all. PvP would allow players to test their skills against one another when they want to take a break from the levels.

2: If we are only get that one ship location then hellz yeah we need an expansion over PvP. Going back to what I said about end game though. I can't see players constantly playing the same levels over and over again especially when the boss characters drop the same blue prints. The final game is going to need at least 25 - 50 unique weapons for each category for players to keep playing and having something to work for. This goes with the demand for Platinum. There just isn't enough content yet to allow the economy to grow.

3: From what I can tell all the Waframes have their own advantages and disadvantages. The thing is though that the core killing is still down to gunplay. Abilities won't really matter unless you have people taking advantage of Mag's pull and stun/ meleeing other players constantly.

4: I await to put your Prime's head on my mantle piece ;-)

I'm not sure how PVP would work for this game. The warframes have been balanced exclusively for PVE, so many of the abilities would be worthless or overpowered in PVP. Excaliburs slash dash for example would instakill just about anybody in its path I think. Team based would work better than deathmatch of course, but it's still iffy. Theres also the fact you'd have to ignore the backstory of the Tenno vs. basically everone else, or maybe you could just say some of them are traitors.

1. The only reason I play F2P is for the PvP

2. If the expansion is going to be another space ship themed levels then I rather have PvP. Dont get me wrong though if its on the planets itself and its visually amazing then maybe.

3. Nope anyone that plays the game will know that all warframes are equally balanced

4. Hell yeah Bring it on :)

Also heres an idea for the clan/territory that Aodan came up with : Like the solar system, Global Agenda had a similar system.

You would have a solar system to fight over. Probably 3-4 times bigger, teams/alliances would have teams of 5 secure area's and defend. There would be a resource counter in which you used those resources to research or build different items to help win games.

In Warframe, they could use a similar system with the Solar systems. Have 3 (1 US, 1Oceanic, 1 EU) and allow players to compete to "own" the whole system. If they end up owning the all system, they would get a prize and that "season" would end.

To make it so people could MAINTAIN area's, much like the Alert system, allow teams to put up two Ships (much like regular PvE missions) customized by the players who own the area (consuming resources) that other teams must beat/kill in order to assault the node (5v5 match)

Say each node gives 10 resources every 30 minutes. It costs 50 resources to build 1 ship (2 ship max per node)

Certain nodes (far end where ppl woud ussually start at) give 15 instead of 10.

Clan and Alliance Limits - Clans 20 members, Alliance 60 members.

Amount of nodes per map ( 4 teams avg x 20 nodes per team) = 60 nodes per map. This isn't too small nor too big as if someone wants to really take over a whole system, they really need to organize a strong alliance.

Also another thing is resource bidding. If two-four teams want to attack the same node, they must now bid for that node with resources. Thus keeping the more organized groups from simply taking over the whole system quickly (they must now spend resources else where to advance their goals)

Edited by XtremePyroSonic

Although I agree with you, you sound like you are stating a fact - yet I dont see th Staff marker below your name. Are you from digital extremes or another internet guy?

No im not, and i know i cant be fully certain, but ive been following this game since when the original ideas came out (i was pretty young then) and ive read every simgle topic and post and mever have i seen anything towards pvp. Its not that i dont like it, i would love the idea. But i just think there will be none.

I am an internet guy infact, just not an important one :)

Edited by Redmaniak

Theres also the fact you'd have to ignore the backstory of the Tenno vs. basically everone else, or maybe you could just say some of them are traitors.

Not exactly as before Patch 5 you needed to level up your ALIAS rank through doing a white holo room combat trial. Who says that the Tenno don't spar with one another between missions to stay at their peak?

This was proven incredibly effective as a game design in Unreal Tournament where the 'Unreal' games showed that UT in its lore were based off military respawners that were then used in blood sport arenas that allowed its combatants to still be alive once the respawner ran out of available clones.

So the idea of them entering that holo room kind of like how they did in the Matrix is incredibly possible in a PvP format. Also the Alpha trailer shows Excalibur meditating before the Grineer surround him. This means that the Tenno are some what spiritual and could possibly use telepathy to communicate with each other and possibly even allow themselves to go to a form of imaginary world and communicate that way when seperated over long distances. The possibilities of introducing PvP are endless thanks to the things already introduced in the game.

i love warframe because it's pve.

if going to add pvp and effect on pve development i would be sad.

warframe game feel like lost planet + monster hunter + me3 and i like it that way.

may be we can have a casual pvp to test player skill like other said but to balance it to competitive level

would be really hard

or you can just leave it unbalance like dark soul may be a funny idea too

Edited by Fourth

I have an idea for the pvp... everyone gets to choose a warframe, e.g. Excalibur, Rhino or Mag... the current frames you have on pve and the items aquired during the pve gameplay will NOT affect the pvp frames because you choose the frame and weaps... items will always be there, e.g. 3 Health Restores + 3 Shield Restores... pvp frames/weapons do NOT gain any rank progress...

Edited by SigLonewolf