Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Want To Be Able To Access Your Foundry, Get Daily Login Rewards And Do Other Game-Related Stuff From Your Phone?

Ezard

Pretty much what the title says - if you want to be able to access your foundry, get daily login rewards and do other game-related stuff, all from your phone via an app, then up-vote this topic, and comment showing your support

DE are obviously focusing on making the game as awesome as possible, and as such aren't really prioritising their Android app (which is fine, because the game needs the most work)

However, there are several community developers, including myself, who have already made several programs, apps and websites that allow players to get notified of alerts, provide info about the game, or provide a means to calculate the damage done by weapons when mods are equipped. I don't just speak for myself when I say that most, if not all of us community devs would be more than happy to integrate features like accessing your foundry into our software - and best of all, it's not even like we charge money for our software

So in conclusion, to show your support for this cause, please upvote this topic, and comment with additional features that would like to be included, and I'll add them here

If many people join this cause, then the devs will have to pay attention (or they could just delete this topic, but the first option is preferable :D)

Okay people seem to be against getting login rewards, so I'll add it to the "Possibly Unwanted" list below

Other Suggested Features

Full access to mod collection

Access to dojo research/construction

Access to the market

Contact list (including being able to see who's online, and being able to chat with them)

Clan chat

"Dojo room complete" notification

You can't collect your daily login reward - instead, you avoid losing your login streak (but you don't get the reward)

Instead of letting players claim their login rewards from an app, instead they would be able to see what their login reward for today would be IF AND ONLY IF they actually login to the game

Since Kubrow management is going to be similar to tamagotchi, a way to look after them from the app would probably come in useful

Possibly Unwanted Features

Daily Login Rewards

UPDATE

So it was mentioned on Devstream 51 that this is now in the works for Warframe Nexus, but I'd like to outline some points as to why I believe it should be made available for community developers too:

1. Warframe Nexus past has been...not great. Although I admire DE for thinking of making an official companion app, it never seemed to work as they intended it to (lack of filters in v1, spammed user with notifications in v2, codex not working in v2, mass image downloading (~1300 images) in v2, etc). Although I believe that their intentions were always true, a lot of players are now kinda wary of downloading Nexus

2. Competition - more people developing similar things means that there will be increased competition between the developers, which encourages them all to make better products, which is always better for the users

And some obvious reasons why DE may still be cautious about letting community devs use their API:

1. Security - although I personally would never use the API for anything malicious, there may be some people who might troll with it (Such as building 100,000 weapons to use up all of the user's credits/resources, or something else similarly stupid)

2. Control - everyone loves it, especially companies. 'nuff said

Edited by Ezard

I guess it was already "almost" announced on a livestream about Nexus app. They said it wasn't called just the "alert app" but they can also expand into more than simple alert warnings. So I would say it is just a matter of time till it gets released.

I guess it was already "almost" announced on a livestream about Nexus app. They said it wasn't called just the "alert app" but they can also expand into more than simple alert warnings. So I would say it is just a matter of time till it gets released.

Yes, but like I said, they are focusing on the game, not the app

If DE give the community developers the ability to access data on the Warframe servers, then we can get there faster, and maybe even better

Steve asked us to give him ideas on stuff they could add to the App, but there are other things that they definitely want to do with it, such as friend and clan management and he even talked about foundry management as well, such as claiming our items, I think.

I suggested a Tamagotchi-like mini-game for our Sentinels, but I don't think he liked the idea... :<

Edited by FatalX7

Not to be rude, but I do not want that.

I would prefer to play the game.  The only feature I want out of the app on the phone is to be able to see an alert and hopefully one day they allow me to save the alert and log in when I get the chance later to play that alert.  They can limit it to 1 per day/week or something.

Also I think they removed ceramic dagger from the lineup :(

Edited by Nickeltoe

Not to be rude, but I do not want that.

I would prefer to play the game.  The only feature I want out of the app on the phone is to be able to see an alert and hopefully one day they allow me to save the alert and log in when I get the chance later to play that alert.  They can limit it to 1 per day/week or something.

Also I think they removed ceramic dagger from the lineup :(

Okay, then let other people have it who can't put their computers in their pockets and plug them in wherever they want.

Steve asked us to give him ideas on stuff they could add to the App, but there are other things that they definitely want to do with it, such as friend and clan management and he even talked about foundry management as well, such as claiming our items, I think.

I suggested a Tamagotchi-like mini-game for our Sentinels, but I don't think he liked the idea... :<

Aww i miss my Tamagotchi/Digimon now

and yes to foundry and no to daily rewards.

Edited by Oz270

and don't forget about us being able to check the alert missions and their rewards from the app... that's the most important thing

There are currently 3 Android apps that do this, 1 of which is the official app and 1 of which is my version

Why even bother playing? Daily logging reward is so exploitable. Why the hell should you be rewarded for being lazy and not logging in. Nexus should be the least prioritized item on their list, it is not game breaking nor it is needed atm. so...NO

Oh yes. Because logging into the game on your computer is so much harder than logging in on your mobile device. Those mobile device users are so lazy!

Sentinel Deployment Minigame. Details in another thread (TBA Soon, Valve Time).

Basically I queue up my Wyrm to go on an away mission with my best friends' Shade, and Dethcube, along with an unreleased healing Sentinel. They spend the next day or so flying to a planet in order to complete a unique mission, and return with freebies. If Wyrm falls, I pay to repair him and wait a day until he's all fixed up. I can send each of my Sentinels on different missions of varying lengths, each mission requires a different specialty, and each Sentinel can level up to fill a specific niche. Solo play with a bunch of your own Sentinels is possible, but sending them all on different missions yields more rewards faster, so hook up with your friends.

There are currently 3 Android apps that do this, 1 of which is the official app and 1 of which is my version

And the third is mine.

I have been seeing requests for a Widget for the alert apps so you can see the active alert directly from the home screen, So I am adding one Soon.

And the third is mine.

I have been seeing requests for a Widget for the alert apps so you can see the active alert directly from the home screen, So I am adding one Soon.

Yep I saw yours, it's pretty nice :-)

And yep, widgets are on my agenda too

Edited by Ezard

Up!

YES for the daily login reward (I might stay away from home several days).

YES for the access to Foundry, so I can see what I'm developing and retire already crafted items.

And I would implement the total access to my mods collection, so I could "take care" of them whenever I want and wherever I am.

I like the idea and I hope for it to be released soon. Since other players doesnt always play and play and play because some of us are still studying so i think this app would be very help full. Mostly for the part in getting the log in reward and being able to open the foundry would be very cool too

So I SUPPORT APP THIS AND I HOPE FOR IT TO COME THROUGH