Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Construct - Nanite Manipulator Berserker Frame

Volt_Cruelerz

Some people were expecting Saryn to be a bit of a TCV/nanite manipulator, but instead, she's more of a bio-poison frame.  When it turned out that she wasn't, I started thinking what I would like to see.  The idea got stuck on the back burner, but I recently got to thinking about it again.  As such, I present the following.

=CONSTRUCT=

-Stats-

Sex: Male

Health: 150 -> 500 (yes, these are non-standard level-up values)

Armor: 30

Shields: 100 ->200

Shield Regen: 22

Energy: 100 -> 200

Speed: 1.0

-Abilities-

Drain [25 energy]: increases melee damage by 20% and returns 20/30/40/50% of damage dealt with melee as health for 5/6/7/8 seconds.  Multi-hit weapons such as dual weapons and heavy weapons only hit once per swing.

Bane [50 energy]: Construct sends out a cloud of nanites, cutting enemy armor by 10/15/20/25% for 5/6/7/8 seconds for enemies within 8/12/16/20 meters and increasing Construct's melee rate by 20/25/30/35%.

Assimilate [75 energy]: grants 10/20/30/40 armor plus 1/2/3/4 additional points of armor for every point of health damage (unaffected by self-damage) calculated after all sources of damage reduction (armor, resistances, abilities, etc).  Bonus expires 7 seconds after frame ceases taking damage (unaffected by Continuity).  As an example for clarification, at max level, if you received 2 damage to health, Assimilate would give 40+4*2=48 armor.

Deconstruct [100 energy]: Construct disassembles himself into a large swarm of nanites that converges on a target up to 20 meters away and does 500 AI damage to the target.  For the brief moments in which Construct is the swarm, he is invincible.  Construct reassembles.  If the target dies, it will spawn three smaller swarms which select the three nearest enemies (if there are two or one available targets, they will simply go to them again instead; if no targets are available, no swarm is spawned) at a range of up to 5/6/7/8 meters and fly towards them, placing a status on them that will cause that unit upon death to create two swarms of its own.  Each of the smaller swarms deals 100/150/200/250 AI damage.  An enemy may not be afflicted by more than three swarms.  Maximum dealt to a single unit then is 1250.

As such, the frame would be somewhat of a caster/berserker frame, excelling with mods such as Rage and Melee Channel, and by charging into the enemy line, would be able to debuff them with Bane, assisting allies.  Also, note that Deconstruct has a very limited range, compensating for its immense potential to annihilate tightly packed enemies.  Assimilate's duration is such that it cannot last more than one wave of defense, though during that time, Construct becomes progressively harder and harder to kill, making him a good asset to have on defense missions alongside crowd-control frames such as Frost.  Drain simply complements his berserker nature and allows him to stay in the thick of things as Assimilate charges.

I believe this frame would fit a unique niche in the game that has not yet been filled, would be good for solo play, functions well in a team, and would be generally fun to play.  Obviously numbers can be nit-picked, and I'm open to suggestions on numeric tweaks.

Old versions of ideas can be found below.

Bane [50 energy]: Construct sends out a cloud of nanites, cutting enemy armor by 10/15/20/25% for 5/6/7/8 seconds for enemies within 8/12/16/20 meters

Deconstruct [100 energy]: Construct disassembles himself to deal 500 armor-ignoring damage to enemies within 2/4/6/8 meters (not increased by Stretch).  Enemies killed by it damage nearby enemies for 100+20/40/60/80% of the dead enemy's health before the ability was cast in AI damage to enemies within a 1/2/3/4 meter radius.  Those enemies in turn can damage others should they die just as they were damaged.  No further spreading occurs after this step, however.  Maximum damage then is 1500 AI damage.  Deconstruct also ends the effects of Drain, Bane, and Assimilate on casting.

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

Some people were expecting Saryn to be a bit of a TCV/nanite manipulator, but instead, she's more of a bio-poison frame.  When it turned out that she wasn't, I started thinking what I would like to see.  The idea got stuck on the back burner, but I recently got to thinking about it again.  As such, I present the following.

=CONSTRUCT=

-Stats-

Sex: Male

Health: 150 -> 500

Armor: 30

Shields: 100 ->200

Shield Regen: 22

Energy: 100 -> 200

Speed: 1.0

-Abilities-

Drain [25 energy]: increases melee damage by 20% and returns 20/30/40/50% of damage dealt with melee as health for 5/6/7/8 seconds

Bane [50 energy]: Construct sends out a cloud of nanites, cutting enemy armor by 10/15/20/25% for 5/6/7/8 seconds for enemies within 8/12/16/20 meters

Assimilate [75 energy]: grants 10/20/30/40 armor plus 1/2/3/4 additional points of armor for every point of health damage (unaffected by self-damage) calculated after all sources of damage reduction (armor, resistances, abilities, etc).  Bonus expires 7 seconds after frame ceases taking damage (unaffected by Continuity).

Deconstruct [100 energy]: Construct disassembles himself to deal 500 armor-ignoring damage to enemies within 2/4/6/8 meters (not increased by Stretch).  Enemies killed by it damage nearby enemies for 100+20/40/60/80% of the dead enemy's health before the ability was cast in AI damage to enemies within a 1/2/3/4 meter radius.  Those enemies in turn can damage others should they die just as they were damaged.  No further spreading occurs after this step, however.  Maximum damage then is 1500 AI damage.  Deconstruct also ends the effects of Drain, Bane, and Assimilate on casting.

As such, the frame would be somewhat of a caster/berserker frame, excelling with mods such as Rage and Melee Channel, and by charging into the enemy line, would be able to debuff them with Bane, assisting allies.  Also, note that Deconstruct has a very limited range, compensating for its immense potential to annihilate tightly packed enemies.  Assimilate's duration is such that it cannot last more than one wave of defense, though during that time, Construct becomes progressively harder and harder to kill, making him a good asset to have on defense missions alongside crowd-control frames such as Frost.  Drain simply complements his berserker nature and allows him to stay in the thick of things as Assimilate charges.

I believe this frame would fit a unique niche in the game that has not yet been filled, would be good for solo play, functions well in a team, and would be generally fun to play.  Obviously numbers can be nit-picked, and I'm open to suggestions on numeric tweaks.

So deconstruct is a caster normal AOE number 4 ulti? Like all frames having the exact same ranged AOE, it kills alot of enemies but this one spreads like fire?

It is nice but the fact of how berskers are actually very fast, very deadly and very wild. There are actually alot of ways to generate the 4th skill and probably extend the 2rd one too.

I do however like the drain skill and assimilate skill the drain skill would pretty much get players to go into the heat of battle to be pretty much invulnerable and probably it would work hand in hand with assimilate. However outside this fact, the assimilate skill itself is quite over powering and say 44 armor per strike which would make him get up to (499 x 44 =21000+ of armor whereby even at 300 - 400 armor most if not all damage = 1, but i love overpowering and i love these skills, they should be on the berserker!)

The problem i would see for bane is that most players would rather use the other skills too. Assimilate + drain is a fine example, while deconstruct is again a press 4 to win bigger button. However the second skill have little no noticeable effect to battle, yes it may increase damage and what not, however there could be other ways to stimulate the desire to use the skill given that we must account players who would not super charge their frame.

Thus by having this most players would include one 1 to 2 skills that they feel is up to snuff for reliable use. The idea is that most anyone would go in with is 1 3 and 4. So i suggest you should re-work on skill 2. Skill one is just right i have to say, however is it just 20% or this can be increased ? (the damage of melee).

Also for skill 4, if you can make it instead of a range AOE insta-kill skill, probably there could be alot of unique ways to do it. For a frame i plan to suggest in the future (not the nightmare frame if you have read) the Blank frame, it would have an ulti called the Effect colour. This would throw random effects (say freezing enemies and slowing their movement, to having them get burn DOT or poison DOT, to even cutting shields in half or stun them. This would be the ulti and it also affects bosses. It isn't insta kill but as a caster it is generally full support)

Bersker is essence is not a caster as most casters in general are support. Bersekers are sort of the front lining commandos in comparison, they know all the tricks for combat and are very hard to kill as they are determined to kill even more and for each kill, their bloodlust and strength never dwindles, it keeps going on and on. That is my idea of a berserker, so i would think the Ulti would affect the berserker rather than be an AOE insta-kill type action. Something like how 1 and 3 work in sync for any possibility that carrying both would make the Berserker a more amazing ally.

Edited by Jacate

So deconstruct is a caster normal AOE number 4 ulti? Like all frames having the exact same ranged AOE, it kills alot of enemies but this one spreads like fire?

It is nice but the fact of how berskers are actually very fast, very deadly and very wild. There are actually alot of ways to generate the 4th skill and probably extend the 2rd one too.

I do however like the drain skill and assimilate skill the drain skill would pretty much get players to go into the heat of battle to be pretty much invulnerable and probably it would work hand in hand with assimilate. However outside this fact, the assimilate skill itself is quite over powering and say 44 armor per strike which would make him get up to (499 x 44 =21000+ of armor whereby even at 300 - 400 armor most if not all damage = 1, but i love overpowering and i love these skills, they should be on the berserker!)

The problem i would see for bane is that most players would rather use the other skills too. Assimilate + drain is a fine example, while deconstruct is again a press 4 to win bigger button. However the second skill have little no noticeable effect to battle, yes it may increase damage and what not, however there could be other ways to stimulate the desire to use the skill given that we must account players who would not super charge their frame.

Thus by having this most players would include one 1 to 2 skills that they feel is up to snuff for reliable use. The idea is that most anyone would go in with is 1 3 and 4. So i suggest you should re-work on skill 2. Skill one is just right i have to say, however is it just 20% or this can be increased ? (the damage of melee).

Also for skill 4, if you can make it instead of a range AOE insta-kill skill, probably there could be alot of unique ways to do it. For a frame i plan to suggest in the future (not the nightmare frame if you have read) the Blank frame, it would have an ulti called the Effect colour. This would throw random effects (say freezing enemies and slowing their movement, to having them get burn DOT or poison DOT, to even cutting shields in half or stun them. This would be the ulti and it also affects bosses. It isn't insta kill but as a caster it is generally full support)

Bersker is essence is not a caster as most casters in general are support. Bersekers are sort of the front lining commandos in comparison, they know all the tricks for combat and are very hard to kill as they are determined to kill even more and for each kill, their bloodlust and strength never dwindles, it keeps going on and on. That is my idea of a berserker, so i would think the Ulti would affect the berserker rather than be an AOE insta-kill type action. Something like how 1 and 3 work in sync for any possibility that carrying both would make the Berserker a more amazing ally.

I'll look into modifying 2 and 4.  You misunderstand Assimilate though.  It isn't at max level 44 per attack.  It's 40+numAttacks*4.

If his base health is 150, his health at Rank 30 will be 450.

If his base shields are 100, his shields at Rank 30 will be 300.

If his base power is 100, his power at Rank 30 will be 150.

Unless you're planning to give this guy different stat gains as he ranks, his values are a little off. But I suggest you don't do that.

Drain seems appropriate, asserting his role as a melee-beserker frame.

Bane is an interesting fusion of offensive-support and self-targeted melee-buff, seems to fit him fine and works well enough in solo.

The concept of your Assimilate is cool and all, and probably isn't very overpowered since it's increasing damage-resistance and not immunity to stagger and knockdown.

Deconstruct sounds like a unique twist on Bladestorm, if it comes with invulnerability frames, this ability could see some real use.

If his base health is 150, his health at Rank 30 will be 450.

If his base shields are 100, his shields at Rank 30 will be 300.

If his base power is 100, his power at Rank 30 will be 150.

Unless you're planning to give this guy different stat gains as he ranks, his values are a little off. But I suggest you don't do that.

Drain seems appropriate, asserting his role as a melee-beserker frame.

Bane is an interesting fusion of offensive-support and self-targeted melee-buff, seems to fit him fine and works well enough in solo.

The concept of your Assimilate is cool and all, and probably isn't very overpowered since it's increasing damage-resistance and not immunity to stagger and knockdown.

Deconstruct sounds like a unique twist on Bladestorm, if it comes with invulnerability frames, this ability could see some real use.

I was planning on different stat gains per level.  I assume it's just division by the engine, so I didn't really see it as a problem during level-ups.

While he's the swarm, he is untargetable, I should have mentioned that.  Thank you.

A couple things I'm currently debating for Deconstruct though are whether or not he should be able to be hit by AoE's (if so, probably reduced) and perhaps make it so that if there is no nearby target for the smaller swarms that they could also look for an ally to head towards and heal some arbitrary amount.  If no allies were around, they'd degrade.

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

Berserker was also in the next-frame council vote.

your abilitys are way too strong.

Drain [25 energy]

so, gives you up to 50% damage of your melee as health? so, for only 25 energy you can turn completely invulnerable?

Assimilate [75 energy]

so, he is a 150 frame, that means with fully modded vitality he would reach 1110HP.

he would then reach over 4000 armor and that would mean he would take only around 2% damge

again nearly completely invulnerable.

the idea with debuff enemys and buff yourself is not bad, but the numbers need to be changed

Edited by LazerusKI

Drain [25 energy]

so, gives you up to 50% damage of your melee as health? so, for only 25 energy you can turn completely invulnerable?

Dependent on melee damage output. Without stagger immunity, the possibility of dying while attacking is very very real. Think Well of Life, only better.

if you take a heavy weapon like most of the players do, you can stagger them, hit multiple targets and heal yourself while they can do nothing.

especially on multi-hit weapons this effect would be very broken

Will not save you from Shockwave and Misaka MOAs

Will not save you from Ancients

Will not save you from Grineer

Berserker was also in the next-frame council vote.

Drain [25 energy]

Assimilate [75 energy]

so, he is a 150 frame, that means with fully modded vitality he would reach 1110HP.

he would then reach over 4000 armor and that would mean he would take only around 2% damge

again nearly completely invulnerable.

the idea with debuff enemys and buff yourself is not bad, but the numbers need to be changed

I'd be fine nerfing the effects of multi-hit weapons.  Perhaps only let the drain occur once per swing?

Also, something I thought about before was making Assimilate only work on bullet damage and not melee damage.  Would this perhaps be a good change then?

I'd be fine nerfing the effects of multi-hit weapons.  Perhaps only let the drain occur once per swing?

Also, something I thought about before was making Assimilate only work on bullet damage and not melee damage.  Would this perhaps be a good change then?

Multi-hit? If you're talking about fast-hitting weapons, they tend to not do much damage(fang, zorens etc)

Bullet only? Useless on Infested.

Multi-hit? If you're talking about fast-hitting weapons, they tend to not do much damage(fang, zorens etc)

Bullet only? Useless on Infested.

I meant things like Fragor which can go through multiple enemies in one swing or the Dual Zoren which IIRC can hit multiple enemies in a given swing.  The lifesteal would only apply on the first enemy hit, so that one Orthos swing doesn't kill 10 light infested and heal 2k health or something stupid like that.

The infested issue was why I dropped the idea originally. :/

Scindo, Fragor, Gram, Hate, Ethers...all multihit with incredible damage.

if the effect would trigger only like 1 time per second or with a percentual chance, ok.

for assimilate: maybe it could work to increase his armor the more enemys are near him?

every enemy could increase his armor 10/20/30 or something like that

also with the health based armor increas i can imagine great exploits with explosives or toxic weapons :)

just hurt you before you start the bossfight and heal yourself up on him, while he cant damage you^^

Edited by LazerusKI

I meant things like Fragor which can go through multiple enemies in one swing or the Dual Zoren which IIRC can hit multiple enemies in a given swing.  The lifesteal would only apply on the first enemy hit, so that one Orthos swing doesn't kill 10 light infested and heal 2k health or something stupid like that.

Oh. Fair enough then.

Scindo, Fragor, Gram, Hate, Ethers...all multihit with incredible damage.

if the effect would trigger only like 1 time per second or with a percentual chance, ok.

for assimilate: maybe it could work to increase his armor the more enemys are near him?

every enemy could increase his armor 10/20/30 or something like that

Perhaps Assimilate could instead of working with damage taken could work with enemies dying around him?  Where every dead enemy gives him, say 5% of their health as armor?

maybe, would fit for a berserker, killing makes him stronger

but this would mean that you need realy large groups of enemys to fight against, so...if the ability-timer would "refresh" after each kill it could work, but if it would be a fixed timer...then i can see no future

think something like this woul also fit for his uber.

kill = stronger, faster, harder

like a rage mode...just berserk

Edited by LazerusKI