Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Network Connection Problem

stormdead

Hey!!!... (I don't know if this is the right place to put this but... if not, move it please n.n)

Since I play Warframe I can't play with my friends in the same LAN... so... I try to fix it and I can!!! XD

The problem is that every time a account try to connect into the game, all of them make it thru the same ports... so...

The solution (That's my way XD) is... In every PC, enter in the game and change the port to different sets... Ex:

PC 1:

3960 & 3961

PC 2:

4950 & 4951

PC 3:

4952 & 4953

Then enter in the Router config page and set the "Port Forwarding" to every machine to the correct ports set... Ex:

PC 1:

IP: 192.168.0.1              Portforward to    3960 & 3961

PC 2: 

IP: 192.168.0.2              Portforward to    4950 & 4951

PC 3: 

IP: 192.168.0.3              Portforward to    4952 & 4953

I don't really know if this is a REAL solution but... I search everywhere in the internet to this info and doesn't appear :P...

So, I hope this work for everyone of you with this problem n.n

(Sorry for my english... I'm from Argentine :P)

Cheers!!!!

This is pretty much what I had to do on my end as well, except I use the packet filtering firewall in Freebsd and initially had problems because I forgot to add "static-port" flag to my nat rules. The problem was that tcp port forwards were always working fine but the udp port forwards were wonky even with the correct rdr (port redirect) rules which was only rectified when I added static-port.

In case anyone was wondering this is what worked for me in my pf.conf:

Before:

nat on $ext_if from $internal_net to any -> ($ext_if)

After:

nat on $ext_if from $internal_net to any -> ($ext_if) static-port

and for the rdr rules (two rules for the two players on lan):

first player:

rdr pass on $ext_if proto udp from any to $ext_if port 3960:3962 -> 192.168.0.60 port 3960:3962

second player:

rdr pass on $ext_if proto udp from any to $ext_if port 4950:4951 -> 192.168.0.70 port 4950:4951

...and so on for any additional players.... The reason I gave a port range of 3960-3962 was because I was lazy to do an extra line (not sure how come that is the only port they seperated by 1). Additionally it would be nice if they let us also choose our own custom ports/ranges, I had to juggle something else that was currently residing on those ports.

One thing to note is that I am also double natted and I have no problems with my setup (all things nominal :D).

Additional info:

Ports currently available for use with the game are

4950-4999

You cannot assign selective ports from those ranges, they must be back to back i.e. 4950&4851 (with exception of the first two, 3960&3962) but you can check through the game options.

I think if you have upnp enabled you shouldn't have problems with dhcp, but in case things don't work out then it may be necessary to use a fixed address and port forwards to those static ip addresses. I do have a range I reserve for dhcp on my network so it should work for you in case you do it that way.