Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

{Warframe And Weapon Idea} Lupo And The Hunter's Needle

AnonMD

The first I'm going to talk about is the Hunter's Needle(Name undecided).

The Needle would be a long range melee weapon, much like a spear, but only a foot to two feet in length. When pointed in a certain direction, the Needle rapidly extends, piercing through all but the strongest of walls. All attacks from this weapon have a slight armor piercing quality to them, and instead of doing additional damage, they have a chance of piercing through light cover. However, the AP capabilities of regular attacks pale in comparison to charge attacks. Charge attacks from this weapon have increased range and better AP effect than normal attacks.

EDIT: The Needle would work better as a Primary or secondary weapon, as this would allow for more precise aim, and a slight charge time to balance out the AP effect.

Now, onto the Warframe.

The Lupo summons Tenno-crafted Hunters to aid him/her in combat, quickly evening the odds with all but the largest groups of enemies. Lupo's powers not only consume energy, but add in a mechanic known as 'Hunter Charges'(Max 15). These charges augment the basic abilities of all powers of this frame other than the first ability.

The first ability is 'Pack Call'. It commands one of Lupo's Hunters to attack the currently targeted enemy, or target the closest nearby enemy, dealing high damage. At the first rank, it generates 2 charges, and increases by 1 per rank. Max 4 ranks.

The second ability is 'Howl'. It damages all enemies in a short radius, dealing low-to-moderate amounts of damage. The radius and damage of this ability increases with every Hunter Charge consumed, up to a maximum of 5.

The third ability is 'Ferality'. This ability releases the most base nature of any Tenno wearing this Frame. Lupo's attack and base speed increase, armor is increased, and melee damage is increased. However, melee becomes the only weapon that can be used. This ability's duration and stat increases increase with every charge consumed, up to a maximum of 10 charges.

The Lupo's final and ultimate ability is 'Begin the Hunt'. This ability consumes all Hunter Charges, and spawns in a hunter for each charge consumed. Each hunter has base health and shields of 1/5th of the Lupo's, which is modified in small increments per each charge consumed. Whenever any team-member is near a hunter, their run and melee attack speed is increased. This ability ends whenever 2/5s of the hunters are killed, or after 60(?) seconds.

As you can see, I have not stated any definite numbers for damage or power costs for for the above. This is due to the fact that since I am not a dev, I have absolutely no idea how to effectively make it to were this frame is on equal terms with the rest. Feel free to post criticisms/complaints.

Edited by AnonMD

Could you describe what you had in mind for the Hunters better? I also don't understand what you mean by "slight armor piercing"

The Hunters would be something like robotic wolves, and I meant that the weapon can pierce light cover, but not deal AP damage to enemies.

The Hunters idea seems interesting, but would take some serious balancing. The spear, I'm on the fence about. On the one hand, interesting melee weapon. On the other hand, melee weapons already outnumber primaries and side arms nearly 2/1.

The Hunters idea seems interesting, but would take some serious balancing. The spear, I'm on the fence about. On the one hand, interesting melee weapon. On the other hand, melee weapons already outnumber primaries and side arms nearly 2/1.

Yeah, the hunters need balancing, and for the Spear, it would actually work better as a sidearm. This way, your aim would be much more accurate, and a slight charge-up time could be trown in to balance things out.

Personally, I like the idea of a penetrative jousting type weapon, but it's really not needed too much. After all, melee already penetrates any cover it hits. It's possible to hit enemies behind closed doors, through thin railings, ect. with a basic Skana.

• 3 weeks later...

lol that is true we need more ranged weapons for now we have a nice collection of close combat killers we need some more ranged weapons to balance out the list