Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spione: Stealth Support Warframe

Konahrik

SPIONE is a stealth mastermind. He can hide in plain sight and help allies evade enemy detection. With his powers geared toward support and utility, he is a great addition to any group of tenno.

d3p8.jpg

Two alternate helmet designs- A. a more low-key hood. more detail on the back. B. skull, sensors on the front, I like it!

9y00.jpg

The way SPIONE works is similar to VAUBAN. VAUBAN uses his grenades, but SPIONE uses "Spiders". They are tossed out like VAUBAN's grenades, but Spiders home in on enemies like NYX's Psycic Bolt. Spiders can't be destroyed and enemies can't detect them.

Stats are as follows- # (# at max lvl)

Health: 75 (225)

Shield: 100 (225)

Armor: 50

Power: 150 (225)

Speed: 1.00

Abilities-

Accord: SPIONE sends out a spider. The Spider attaches itself to an enemy. SPIONE then projects a hologram around himself, becoming disguising as the enemy with an attached spider. You remain undetectable while disguised. You must sell the disguise though. Your movement is limited to walking and running as fast as your target and short jumps. If you attack directly, the hologram shuts down, but you can still send out spiders while disguised. If the enemy with your spider is killed, your disguise shuts down, so be careful.  duration(sec): 25/30/30/35 ~ 25 energy                

Continuity = increased duration

Mark: SPIONE sends out three spiders. They each attach to a seperate target and start sending out information to all warframes in your group. The Spiders show where enemies are on the mini-map, but you can now also see them and their line-of-sight through walls and obstacles. Spiders continue to send out information until their target is killed.

~ 10 energy                 no mods effect "Mark" besides Streamline (power cost)

Incapasitate: SPIONE sends out a Spider. The Spider then attaches to the enemy. Once attached, the Spider sends out an electric pulse, paralyzing enemies in a radius. Some are permanently effected and considered dead.

duration(sec): 5/7/7/9  chance of permenant effect: 10%/20%/20%/30% ~ 75 energy

Stretch = increased radius   Continuity = increased paralyze duration   Focus = higher % of permanence

Splinter Cell: SPIONE sends out three Spiders that attach to three different enemies. The Spiders dig into the enemies' brain stem and start controlling them. The controlled enemies will start silently killing enemies near them. They will seek out other enemies if none are nearby. They are under the Spider's control until death. If an other enemy sees the effected enemy kill someone, they will attack the effected enemy. All controlled enemies are reacted to seperately though, so you still have two left. ~ 100 energy

Only Streamline effects this power (power cost)

EDIT: 1) less curves on the front of the frame, added different helmet ideas.

I love making new concepts for warframes. you can look at my first one, DARWIN here- https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/70313-darwin-warframe/

Any ideas or things i might have missed you can leave below. It would help me alot.Thanks for reading!

Edited by Konahrik

Hmm. This is an interesting concept. I love the idea of spiders being the main abilities of a frame.

Also, Mark sounds awesome.

Thanks, glad you like the idea. I was going for kind of a techno spy. and yeah spiders are awesome!

Well, if he's supposed to be full stealth type, I think he should have a slightly longer cloak. Possibly even a cape, which would be so awesome. And make his curves less obvious. Even knowing it's a male I have trouble looking at him and thinking that.

Otherwise I love it. The abilities seem balanced, Splinter Cell would be hell to code. And what's that gun he's using? It looks interesting. I want it!

Edited by KF5AQX

Well, if he's supposed to be full stealth type, I think he should have a slightly longer cloak. Possibly even a cape, which would be so awesome. And make his curves less obvious. Even knowing it's a male I have trouble looking at him and thinking that.

Otherwise I love it. The abilities seem balanced, Splinter Cell would be hell to code. And what's that gun he's using? It looks interesting. I want it!

I didn't think that a full cloak would be very tenno like so i kept it simpler. I should be able to bring out the stomach a bit to fix the slightly curvy front.

Yeah splinter cell would be difficult but i love the idea of the power. The gun is just made up. Warframe doesn't have any silenced pistols :( so i just made my own.   Glad you like the idea. Thanks for input!

I think I can see where you got the visual inspiration for that frame from. Perhaps the hood should be changed slightly to make it less obvious?

I like the idea of remote-controlled enemies though.

I might make some alternate helmet art. because you're right. the hood is pushing it with the art style of this game.

But, glad you like the power idea. Everyone seems to love the "Spiders"

Maybe he would have goggles like a recon but at the end. Reasonable stats, looks badass and intresting skills.

I'll try to work some goggle-ish design into one of the helmet concepts. though... tenno don't seem to have eyes... Challenge excepted!

Glad you like the work so far as well!

If you guys haven't yet, go check out my other frame concept DARWIN. theres a link at the bottom of SPIONE's description. So glad the community is liking my work!

Edited by Konahrik

Would it be better if the player had the option to chain mark and incapacitate together?

Such as, if an unmarked enemy is targeted with incapacitate, Spione shoots a blast of paralyzing energy at it directly.

If there are marker spiders attached to enemies, they detonate in paralyzing aoe's instead.

Maybe the energy cost could be different based on whether enemies are marked or unmarked when incapacitate is triggered?

Would it be better if the player had the option to chain mark and incapacitate together?

Such as, if an unmarked enemy is targeted with incapacitate, Spione shoots a blast of paralyzing energy at it directly.

If there are marker spiders attached to enemies, they detonate in paralyzing aoe's instead.

Maybe the energy cost could be different based on whether enemies are marked or unmarked when incapacitate is triggered?

Interesting idea. That seems a bit to much like volt's first power though. and the unmarked target would be much less powerful than the aoe spider.

I think it would complicate the power a bit to much. Thanks for reading though! I always welcome input from the community.

• 2 weeks later...

You, sir, should join the devs concept designers, this is a brilliant design, as was your previous one.

P.S. be honest, the frame is Ezio inspired and the second help is splinter cell inspired

Wow, thanks man. glad that you enjoy my work. And yes both of your observations are pretty true ;P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

while i like the idea of disguising as an enemy, i feel spione is a little too focused on his spiders, though that may be the intent, it is my opinion that not every ability should involve these spiders

But its the same as vauban. all he does is have different types of grenades. Spione has "Spiders"