Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Warframe Idea: Plasma Themed?

PsychedelicSnake

*If this post is in the wrong section, please let me know either via a reply or a PM here on the forums.

NOTE: Expect frequent updates and/or changes if things seem to be too unoriginal or lack creativity.

There will be no TL:DR for this, since it is VERY hard to sum up an idea like this in a relevant way.

What is Plasma?

Plasma is one of the four fundamental states of matter (the others being solids, liquids, and gases). Heating a gas may ionize its molecules or atoms (reducing or increasing the number of electrons in them), thus turning it into a plasma, which contains charged particles: positive ions and negative electrons or ions. Ionization can be induced by other means, such as strong electromagnetic field applied with a laser or microwave generator, and is accompanied by the dissociation of molecular bonds, if present. Plasma can also be created by the application of an electric field on a gas.

Now on to the important stuff... Space Ninja + Plasma = Win?

We have Warframes that can directly control magnetic forces, gases in the air, electric currents, and fire itself. In addition, we have a brand new Warframe coming up that can control antimatter (and that sounds pretty badass). This is all a matter of opinion, but why not include a Warframe that can directly control plasma? If you're thick and skipped the tutorial of What is Plasma? then please go read it now so this doesn't sound like a load of nonsense.

Anywho, I believe a Plasma-based Warframe would be a cool concept (or at least that is how it may be in theory). I'll detail the possible naming and power ideas, but I won't go into any specifics. If Digital Extremes graces this post and deems my idea worthy, I'll let them and the Design Council decide on it.

Name?

Neon - Yeah, it's pretty stupid. But Neon signs are full of plasma, so go figure.

Cygni - Cygni is the largest known star, and stars are essentially gases and Plasma.

Cephi - Another large star, gas and Plasma and all that.

Debye - Number of charge carriers within the charge influence of plasma.

Aurora - This is my personal favourite. The Aurora Borealis is essentially just plasma energy that pours back into the atmosphere.

Have an idea of a name? Leave a reply detailing what it is and why!

Powers?

The key to this Warframe is differentiating itself from other energy-based Warframes. Volt has electricity, Ember as fire, Vauban has... that glowy stuff.

This Warframe's powers will be what I like to call HEAVY PLASMA. There is an official name for it, but I'm not a scientist. I forget what it is. An excellent example of how this would look would be the dueling between Voldemort and Harry Potter (bad example I know, but that is quite literally what it looks like. Powerful and it has a weight to it).

Now, to the powers.

Power 1 - Ionization - Warframe directs a concentrated bolt/stream of plasma at a single target, simulating hundreds of years of ionization, totally destroying armour and shredding and/or burning flesh. Target will melt into a boiling hot puddle, which will cause damage to any enemies unlucky or unwary enough to pass over it.

Power 2 - Corona - Warframe unleashes an expanding wave of plasma, blinding nearby foes and causing stagger.

Power 3 Fortification - Warframe casts on himself/herself. Fortifies the undercurrents in Warframe's exosuit, granting the ability to take additional damage for 5 / 10 / 15 seconds. Afterward, the power is purged and redirected to the frame's combat readiness subroutine, increasing melee damage for 5 / 10 / 15 seconds.

Power 4 - Supernova - Warframe directs multiple plasma beams at surrounding targets if crosshair is not aimed at an enemy, or a single arc of energy at a single enemy if aimed. Firing an accelerated energy current, it causes organic targets to instantly superheat and explode. While the unaimed effect has AoE, it is not quite as powerful and unforgiving as the focused shot.

Again, I purposefully left the ideas, especially the powers, without estimates as to the damage and all that, because this is merely an idea. If DE likes it, they can sort it out, I'm not going to pretend that I know what I am doing when it comes to ratios and game balance.

If you like the idea and want to give your own ideas, or utterly hate it and want to tell me why, leave a reply!

EDITS

*EDIT: Changed the RYDBERG 3rd power to be more of a precautionary power rather than a blatant trap.

*EDIT: Ionization power altered to affect more enemies.

*EDIT: Supernova power completely altered to maximize damage and looks,. Features two seperate firing modes, Aimed and

Unaimed.

*EDIT: RYDBERG 3rd power renamed to FORTIFICATION and altered entirely.

Edited by PsychedelicSnake

I do like this idea o: Would fit a plasma theme xD. Aurora + Gram + Supra + Wyrm (Since it technically is a laser/plasma rifle on him xD). Though no pistols I can think of that fire plasma need to think...

Edited by R3leaZ

I think Nova would be cool because Rhino's ult is called Rhino stomp so its basicly the same thing as Nova's ult is called SuperNova. I think that because SuperNovas occur after stars die, it should gain more damage the lower the frame's health(not shields, health). or you could have superNova damage the frame X amount of health damage because it is such a violent event that the "star" (frame) can't handle all the power at once.

Corona seems a lot like excaliburs blind, but idk how you could make it different.

Lets see if I'm interpreting this right:

Power 3 is basicly a trap that reduces the armor/shields of a group of enemies?  sounds kinda lame (no offence though, please don't take this wrongly)

that's my thoughts

Lets see if I'm interpreting this right:

Power 3 is basicly a trap that reduces the armor/shields of a group of enemies?  sounds kinda lame (no offence though, please don't take this wrongly)

Yeah. I included Power 3 because I thought it wouldn't be very original to have every single attack just be pure offensive or support. Powers 2 and 3 really include some variety. As for Power 3 itself, what it does is kind of act like a debuff. It disintigrates armour and totally negates shields (not sure by how much though). This Power would be primarily used against heavy units, bosses, or large groups of mobs that need to be dispatched quickly.

Plasma = Lightning = Volt

Power 1 - Ionization - Warframe directs a concentrated bolt/stream of plasma at a single target, simulating hundreds of years of ionization, totally destroying armour and shredding and/or burning flesh.

Volt Shock

Power 2 - Corona - Warframe unleashes an expanding wave of plasma, blinding nearby foes and causing stagger.

Volt Overload

Power 4 - Supernova - Warframe unleashes a deadly explosion of energy and plasma, engulfing a wide area and causing high damage to enemies, disintigrating armour, piercing shields, and utterly destroying health. (Basically this Warframe's KILL EVERYTHING power).

Ember - World on Fire, Saryn - Miasma

?

Nothing against Plasma, but we have Volt allready, also we get Nova (Antimatter Explosives) soon.

I really feel that his first ability should be blood boil, heating up plasma in the body o the target stunning them,after a short delay causing a large po damage, and if does enough damage to kill the enemy, the enemy will explode dealing damage in an aoe, along with staggering them :P

I prefer this to the "anti-matter" frame that is coming out.

However the theme, and thus abilities are very similar by nature, so i don't see it having a place in warframe now that the anti-matter is already coming.

Which is a huge shame because the anti-matter frame is going to be just sooo bad.

I prefer this to the "anti-matter" frame that is coming out.

However the theme, and thus abilities are very similar by nature, so i don't see it having a place in warframe now that the anti-matter is already coming.

Which is a huge shame because the anti-matter frame is going to be just sooo bad.

i thought some of its powers were cool looking but ill admit a better job could have been done on it but that's just how it goes some warframes will be really good some will be really bad guess we will just have to use it to find out for sure

• 2 weeks later...