July 4Th: Community Hot Topics.

[DE]Rebecca

INFORMATIONS! LACK OF INFORMATIONS! Everytime you guys post patch notes or ANYTHING it lacks of specific infos!!

A clear example:

Rhino's Roar: "This skill increase the damage of nearby warframe allies by 15-20-25-50%"

Ok fine, Duration at all levels? Range at all levels? Affected by? Focus? Continuity? Stretch? Affect all attacks? and skills?

LACK OF INFORMATIOOOONS!!

edit: and this goes also for weapon's stats, mod's stats, basically anything is unclear or needs to be discovered by players!!

This^ I've been thinking this since U7, it wouldnt require much work at all to either A) include the information in patch notes such as listed above. or B) Simply input that information into the game itself. This game is built around assuming every player uses the wiki, or you just kinda wing it, most of the warframe specific mods dont even affect half of the powers any given warframe has. Ex- focus, stretch, continuity. The game itself needs to impletement some sort of information catalog or UI rework to better inform the players. Or just put a big link to the wiki in the corner of the Arsenal page.

The Alert system is one of the best things this game has - a way to always give variety to gameplay and hope to those who have too little money to buy everything from platinum, meaning that even without destroying economy those that can only contribute a modest amount to the game are still able to enjoy all of it.

The mentioned Nightmare mode is something I look forward to too and the idea of superhard maps might validate the need for more than just some fancy weapons - with the outcome not always being clear sometimes it's good to stack some health/shield etc. pickups/consumables (actually even now I find them useful, especially teamheal :).

I already wrote about this (yes, it's part of a lengthy post, and yes, I'm a devout fan of the idea) - here is a link so I don't have to waste forum space: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/70201-june-26th-community-hot-topics/page-5#entry789624 - and I really think that even if not those things that I wrote but at least some improvements could be made to deepen the currently availible consumables system, and it could affect the new Nightmare mode greatly, maybe even the alerts too. I mean it could help those with less than stellar abilities to pick up the fight on a much harder map or could make truly nightmarish missions possible where even the best cannot survive without some help :) Of course that would make it necessary to find a way to replenish lost consumables during mission - finding new ones on map or making it possible to buy inventory slots for consumables too.

As for the alerts, them giving packs of random consumables (commonx3,uncommonx2,rarex1 as if it was a mod pack or something) could give even more possibilities to the reward table - maybe making a constant random mission table possible with it's own UI/panel which takes less space. Now if 3 alerts are present it actually looks a bit weird but as we know the UI improvements are coming so I'm not going to go for that right now - the wip stuff looked good.

So mainly it would be nice to make the consumables more diverse, more useful and more valuable, for example valuable enough to appear as alert rewards - and nice to know if there are any plans for that or at least to deepening the already present consumables' system. :)

____________  _ _  ____________

WotV_logo_gold_small.png

Edited by K_Shiro

i wasnt too thrilled about the frost and rhino helmet concept arts, rhinos looks like he just glued streamers to the side of his head. and frosts is just unimaginative. it looks like they just took the ring off the aurora helmet and said "well here's a new helmet for him!" it kind of makes me sad seeing as the other designs for the new helms were friggin epic

I find it funny they made an exception for the 4th of July to sell the worst seasonal color set for actual money. Funny in the sense that they sold me something I couldn't preview under the premise that costing real money meant it would be of higher quality. They no longer have this kind of trust from me, this business-consumer relationship feels increasingly antagonistic.

edit: Since they're based in Canada, perhaps it was supposed to be a (bad) joke? Well the joke's on me, I guess. And future plat purchases.

Lmfao, you bought a 1 dollar item that you didn't enjoy and got buyers remorse and blame it on them being Canadian? I got the pack, some of the colours were nice, but i'm not going to cry that I didn't like it, and say that they lost my trust over a 1 dollar purchase, lol.

Lmfao, you bought a 1 dollar item that you didn't enjoy and got buyers remorse and blame it on them being Canadian? I got the pack, some of the colours were nice, but i'm not going to cry that I didn't like it, and say that they lost my trust over a 1 dollar purchase, lol.

Except that we can't find your 1 dollar purchase anywhere... as the palette costs 75 plat which is 4.49 euro (roughly 5.8 usd). I won't say anything about him actually buying that pack as you can see how "diverse" those colors are in your own coloring palettes - they are locked but you can try them out one by one anyways so it's not like he didn't know what he is buying. And about that palette being a joke in one way or another... well...

____________  _ _  ____________

WotV_logo_gold_small.png

Edited by K_Shiro