Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag 8.3 Feedback

[DE]Rebecca

Before: Pull, Shield Polarize, Bullet Attractor, Crush.

After:

Pull: Pulls all targets (range 15,20,22,25  Damage: 25,35,40,50)

Scott's comments:

So Pull was a bit of an easy change, like Banshee Push. Pull now pulls all enemies on screen within a certain distance towards Mag. It also deals a small amount of damage. This removed the need to precisely target an enemy in the heat of combat.

Shield Polarize: Radial instead of single target. Radial damage around enemy targets that suffer shield drain. (Range(10,15,20,25), Shield(100,150,250,300))

Scott's comments:

Like Pull, this power suffered from single target focus and it was hard to cast in the heat of battle. It also wasn't worth casting on low level enemies because they died so quickly. To fix this I turned Shield Polarize into a radial power, making it much easier to use in the heat of battle.

Bullet Attractor: Now become volatile when target dies before attractor is finished, causing radial damage around dead target.(Damage 50,150,200,300)

Scott's comments:

Bullet attractor was great for Bosses terrible for regular enemies.  I think the new changes solve these issues by creating useful damage if the target it killed quickly.

Can we make bullet attractor target weak points? That would make it actually worth using on bosses.

I like the other changes. I would suggest however that for Shield Polarize if there is no enemy target, all allies get shield restoration, including the caster.

I don't Like the new Pull... Pull was really more useful for dragging your downed friends out of danger and reviving them. Now it's a situation of "You wanted to pull your friend out of danger!? Now all the danger is with YOU!"

I'd rather have this version. Frankly if you needed to use pull to safely revive a player, you need better guns or the player deserved to die.

these changes fail to address any of mag's problems (lack of defensive skills, BA cuts your teams DPS in half (or worse!), failure to scale to high level threats, etc)

and honestly, 50 damage? 300 damage? what a joke.

killing off pull's utility cases isn't worth it for the aoe :/

Can we make bullet attractor target weak points? That would make it actually worth using on bosses.

I like the other changes. I would suggest however that for Shield Polarize if there is no enemy target, all allies get shield restoration, including the caster.

This is going to sound really strange---but it actually kind of does in a roundabout way. I've learned from others, and had it tested that apparently when they say it's like increasing the hit box of an enemy, they're not kidding. To what degree I'm not sure, but I do know that if you shoot at the top of the bubble, outside of the actual body area of the enemy, it will count as a head-shot.

I've not tested to see how this affects weak-points especially, like 'If you shoot NEAR the weak-point will it hit', but I'll do so the next time I'm in-game.

I'd rather have this version. Frankly if you needed to use pull to safely revive a player, you need better guns or the player deserved to die.

I'll respect that this is an opinion, but I'll also say that, in mine, it's a terrible one.

There are various situations where a person could die and not all of them are their fault regardless of gear or experience. Being able to assist someone with ease in those situations, without putting yourself in danger, is a nice ability to have.

How about we have that be an ability you can aim with right click in order to select singular targets or have it act different when the value of another player is introduced?

I don't Like the new Pull... Pull was really more useful for dragging your downed friends out of danger and reviving them. Now it's a situation of "You wanted to pull your friend out of danger!? Now all the danger is with YOU!"

Precisely. That was my entire reason for choosing Mag again after resetting. That, and being able to Polarize on the Cryopod since it's the only way to directly heal it. I loved having a utility Frame without having to do Trinity. Wonder if they could make it have an initial target and if that initial target is a friendly, only the target is Pulled to you.

Pull is her 1, dude. If it isn't going to be a kill skill, it certainly doesn't need to get you killed by dragging the horde of enemies that killed your friend to you. Trinity, the other high-utility Frame, has a 1 that works at low level, where it's more than likely the only skill a player has equipped.

But yeah, I like the idea of increasing her utility by allowing you to drag a bunch of guys off a friendly who's low on health, but if that friend is down and you're attempting to revive them and need to drag them away, you can't do that any more without putting yourself in danger.

Edited by carbondragon

The only change I see here that will make mag inherently more viable is Pull. Pull is possibly amazing, possibly suicide now (pull those toxics).

Everything else seems completely mediocre and is at best a trash clearer for high-ish amounts of energy on medium level missions.

300 AoE dmg  for 75/50 energy, one of which only works with shielded targets. Eh... meh.

Precisely. That was my entire reason for choosing Mag again after resetting. That, and being able to Polarize on the Cryopod since it's the only way to directly heal it. I loved having a utility Frame without having to do Trinity. Wonder if they could make it have an initial target and if that initial target is a friendly, only the target is Pulled to you.

Pull is her 1, dude. If it isn't going to be a kill skill, it certainly doesn't need to get you killed by dragging the horde of enemies that killed your friend to you. Trinity, the other high-utility Frame, has a 1 that works at low level, where it's more than likely the only skill a player has equipped.

Eh well...If it still has the range cap you can take advantage of that to do the reverse of what we've been doing. Rather than pull our team mates away we can pull the enemy away. It'll take some adjusting, and it'll be quite a change---but it's viable, yeah?

Even though I do want my single pull---I think I can adjust if I use my head a little. I'd rather not turn down something that could turn out to be interestingly helpful later. Like in defense missions...when your cryopod is surrounded by Ancients. That's when pull becomes an amazing skill if it works like this, yeah?

Edit : By the way...what I mean by 'range cap' is the amount pull actually does depending on how far away you are from the enemy. If you're at the right length away from the enemy they won't come right to your feet---so if you're smart you can control how much 'pull' you get.

Edited by Hauteclere

I won't have time to test these for a bit. However, here's what I'm going to say about these on the theory level.

Pull: Pulls all targets (range 15,20,22,25  Damage: 25,35,40,50)

Define targets? If I use this am I pulling all enemies and all allies too? I used to love using this to pull allies around that were either afk, bugged, or downed. However, usefulness of this new skill even if it's just enemies, is fairly limited. I could find amusing uses for it like on defense, pulling an entrie wave off the stage or into obscure areas they can't get out of. The damage is quite a joke though, not really sure why it does any damage if it's so low.

Shield Polarize: Radial instead of single target. Radial damage around enemy targets that suffer shield drain. (Range(10,15,20,25), Shield(100,150,250,300))

Seems like a decent change. Might actually put this on my bar now. In fact I'm pretty sure I will.

Bullet Attractor: Now become volatile when target dies before attractor is finished, causing radial damage around dead target.(Damage 50,150,200,300)

Terrible. Adds are always cleared out before you fight the boss unless you can kill the boss in a few shots. The real problem with this skill is that it didn't allow you to hit the weakpoint of the target making it detrimental to use. You can argue that some bosses do not have weakpoints, but I'm going to throw Sonar from a Banshee at you. I heavily suggest you take another pass at this Scott.

This is going to sound really strange---but it actually kind of does in a roundabout way. I've learned from others, and had it tested that apparently when they say it's like increasing the hit box of an enemy, they're not kidding. To what degree I'm not sure, but I do know that if you shoot at the top of the bubble, outside of the actual body area of the enemy, it will count as a head-shot.

I've not tested to see how this affects weak-points especially, like 'If you shoot NEAR the weak-point will it hit', but I'll do so the next time I'm in-game.

Why should I have to use this roundabout method? Can't we just straight up have all damage go to the weakspot? That would make me actually use it sometimes. Otherwise I don't need it - my aim is more than good enough to make it not worth the energy to use this skill.

Terrible. Adds are always cleared out before you fight the boss unless you can kill the boss in a few shots. The real problem with this skill is that it didn't allow you to hit the weakpoint of the target making it detrimental to use. You can argue that some bosses do not have weakpoints, but I'm going to throw Sonar from a Banshee at you. I heavily suggest you take another pass at this Scott.

This is false. Bullet Attraction does not hinder aimed shots. You can still hit weak-points if you aim normally. Damage does not automatically move to the center of the target like people have suggested. The only thing it may not do is directly target 'sophisticatedly placed' weak points without aiming at them normally. I've yet to test this though--course I'm pretty sure it doesn't even though it does the headshot thing now that I'm thinking more about how it works...

Anyway...

Me and my clan have gone out shooting Ancients in the foot, to test this.

Edit for Notso: You don't have to, but it pays to know how things work, right?  

I do agree that it is roundabout---and frankly people wouldn't know this stuff without paying attention to it specifically.

Maybe it should hit weak points directly. I wasn't speaking against the suggestion so much as stating information that might at the very lease prove it's a viable idea. Not to mention it's better to know what we already have so we can know how to improve it.

Edited by Hauteclere

well mag is still a joke, while rhino becomes an unstoppable beast again and volt looks like it might be cool now.

2/3 better than normal i guess

pls go back  and actually look at mag this will still leave it as the most useless by far

Edited by dragonslayer667