Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sygin: A New Warframe Suggestion (Wip)

AEtheri0n

Hey guys, here's my idea for a new warframe!
Version 0.1:
B742NMC.jpg

Version 0.2:

49CE3kp.jpg
I named her Sygin, as per the name of Loki's wife in Norse mythology.

Sygin is a frame fit for stealth operations, by means of cunning & deceit. 

Stats:

Health - 90

Shields - 100

Armor - 30

Energy - 170

Run speed - 1.3
She can be attributed the title of mime, with the following skill-set:

Persuasion (25 Energy): Sygin enchants a single target, making them fight in Sygin's stead

- Limited to normal mobs

- Enemy will follow Sygin until its health is fully depleted

- Enemy can be given waypoints/targets with the 'waypoint' button (default=G)

- Enemy does additional mod damage currently equipped by player*

- *Mod point cost: 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 - Mod effects % applied: 20 | 40 | 70 |100

Petrify (40 Energy): Sygin shows her true colors, leaving foes trembling with fear

- Sygin casts a 'bubble' of darkness, exposing enemies within range to Petrify (35 in-game meters, can be upgraded)

- Enemies will remain catatonic for the duration of the spell, unless if they are immune or "awakened*"

* Bosses can awaken his faction members by using a melee attack on them (0 damage)

- Effect wears off if enemy health decreases past 20% 

- If Petrify is cast when enemy health is already below 20%, it will result in a mental-breakdown, killing the enemy

- Base duration: 100 seconds - Can be upgraded

- Enemies inside/entering the bubble will experience reduced accuracy** (also applies to melee accuracy)

- Mod point cost: 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 - **Reduced accuracy %: 10 | 25 | 40 | 70

Mirror (60 Energy): Sygin creates a barrier reflecting all ranged damage for a short period

- Casts a protective shell for Sygin alone

- +100% melee damage received*

- Mirror is the inverse effect of Sargas Ruk's Reversal Field ability (Can be used to negate the ability's effects)

- Base duration: 30 seconds

- Splash damage is also reflected

- Getting knocked back is still possible

- Mod point cost: 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 - *Extra % melee damage received: 100 | 85 | 70 | 55

Mimic (100 Energy): Cloaks Sygin and fellow tenno in the skin of the opponents, allowing her to avoid detection and strike from within

- Re-skins the player in faction armor

- Power is applied to all tenno within range (20 in-game meters)

- Must be cast outside enemy visual range

- When cloaked, enemies are unable to detect you, unless if you bump into them (makes cloak fail)

- When cloaked, stealth kills are possible

- After executing a stealth-kill, you will take on the form of the killed enemy

- Entering open combat with a faction will only anger the enemy you are fighting, until you kill someone or use lethal weapons other than melee (i.e. surrounding Grineer/Corpus will cheer for the fight, but they don't fight to the death)

- You can yield by holding block and crouching, leaving the choice to your opponent to finish it (1% chance they execute you)

- In open combat, you will be equipped with the default melee weapon of the faction (for Infested, just claws), but dealing the same damage as with your own melee weapons

- Base duration: 300 seconds - Can't be upgraded (Very useful for full-stealth missions)

- Setting a waypoint will direct the attention of nearby enemies, allowing you to single them out

- After cloak has failed, you have an increase of 5%* in ranged damage for 5 seconds (duration can be upgraded)

- Mod point cost: 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 - *Increased % ranged damage: 5 | 7.5 | 10 | 12.5

Let me know if you have suggestions/complaints/questions. I'll gladly take them in consideration and I'll try to address them as soon as I can.

***Had to re-iterate the post, since it bugged out with <p></p> appearing everywhere..***

Edited by AEtheri0n

Hey guys, here's my idea for a new warframe!

It's still the preliminary sketch, so please let me know if you have suggestions/complaints!

B742NMC.jpg

I named her Sygin, as per the name of Loki's wife in Norse mythology.

She can be attributed the title of mime, with the following skill-set:

1: [Not yet determined]

2: [Not yet determined]

3: Mirror: (50 Energy) Sygin creates a barrier reflecting all ranged damage for a short period. (+100% melee damage received)

4: Mimic: (100 Energy) Cloaks Sygin in the skin of the opponents, allowing her to avoid detection and strike from within.

That's what I've come up with so far...

Let me know what you guys think and I'll try to update somewhere this week again!

juding by the half white and half black mask should i assume this warframe has to do with ying and yang good and evil light and darkness

good! looks like mixed saryn and frost. ability 2 - fear - enemies in medium aoe starting to panic - cant shoot/tryin to kill themselves. 1st - mind control - possibly you can controll enemy like yourself.

Hmm, 2 might work with the right conditions to make it different from Nyx's ability. 1 is absolutely something I had meant to add, but forgot in the process. However, it does seem to make 4 obsolete, so I'll have to figure that out first..

juding by the half white and half black mask should i assume this warframe has to do with ying and yang good and evil light and dark

I think you are jumping to a rather wild conclusion to be honest. First off it's a sketch so it's obviously going in black and white. Second, the proposed name is that of a Norse god whixh is far from yin/yang. And lastly nowhere in the OP does it mention anything of the sort.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Edited by Asanogawa

I think you are jumping to a rather wild conclusion to be honest. First off it's a sketch so it's obviously going in black and white. Second, the proposed name is that of a Norse god whixh is far from yin/yang. And lastly nowhere in the OP does it mention anything of the sort.

Maybe I'm wrong.

you do realize he used the words judging and assume right?

Maybe I'm wrong.

Nah, the idea behind the black/white mask was derived from the depiction of a harlequin/jester mask (courtesy of Loki being a prankster)

1:st seems to be exactly like mind control. How is it different?

2:nd is a bit too much "magic" and perhaps not a frame-function (also, copy of Nyx's chaos?)

3:rd seems fine but how does it work?

* buble like snow globe + reflecting damage?

* barrier like electric shield + reflecting damage?

* a "personal shield" like iron skin but reflecting ranged damage?

* as above but for the whole team?

* as above but "aura"?

4:th will she be able to kill enemies while mimicing enemies resulting in

* that enemies won't retalliate at all?

* just the one you are/have engaged?

* enemies seeing you attack others will engage?

1:st seems to be exactly like mind control. How is it different?

2:nd is a bit too much "magic" and perhaps not a frame-function (also, copy of Nyx's chaos?)

3:rd seems fine but how does it work?

* buble like snow globe + reflecting damage?

* barrier like electric shield + reflecting damage?

* a "personal shield" like iron skin but reflecting ranged damage?

* as above but for the whole team?

* as above but "aura"?

4:th will she be able to kill enemies while mimicing enemies resulting in

* that enemies won't retalliate at all?

* just the one you are/have engaged?

* enemies seeing you attack others will engage?

I have tried to address your issues, are the changes satisfactory?

I have tried to address your issues, are the changes satisfactory?

Explains more, but timewise some of the skills seem extremly long. 300s! 5 min. That's a whole map in some cases.

I can't balance your frame but I can see it will get nerfed :P

Explains more, but timewise some of the skills seem extremly long. 300s! 5 min. That's a whole map in some cases.

I can't balance your frame but I can see it will get nerfed :P

Yeah, the idea is for you to be able to complete a mission without anyone even noticing you've been there (possible implementation in the future with stealth-focused missions)

Don't you think that is a "win-button" skill?

I don't, actually.. The way I see it, the skill enables you to walk past enemy lines undetected, up to the main objective. You CAN be detected, by something as simple as a wrong move into an unsuspecting enemy's path. You can also break your cover if you get spotted killing someone, so it's actually not much different from the usual stealth options, only you're given the freedom to roam among the enemies without having to kill every single one of them to avoid detection.

• 8 months later...