Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan Resource Scaling Is Broken For Small Clans. (Please Read And Comment De!)

Eclucid

Resource costs NEED to increase with the number of members in a clan, as they are the SOURCE of resources. More members = more resources, hence, scaling. As it stands, resource costs are scaled with the size of our dojo, since a hall is necessary for capacity purposes (imagine our surprise when we inadvertently tripled our resource costs).

This has to be an oversight. Our resource costs shouldn't be decided by our decision to have a dojo large enough to accommodate current and future room expansions, it should be decided by how many people are expected to be contributing.

As it stands, this oversight has essentially screwed small clans, who are in a bind.

Now, small clans like mine have a couple of crappy options:

1.  We hear word from devs that resource cost scaling will be unlinked from the ownership of a great hall, and then continuing to build at triple price till patch, or waiting for the patch until we can spend our resources.

2.  We hear word that there will be the addition of a room that gives capacity without raising resource costs. Same choice, but we won't get to have the badass looking great-halls.

3.  We hear word that this is working as intended and we are stuck with a permanent triple resource increase if we want to have cool clan content unlike clans with more members (f*** that, gg dojo).

This is the second patch in which small clans have gotten marginalized. Me and my small clan of 7 friends were all stoked for U8, and then upon release we were dismayed to find the costs impossible for us.  Sure, we received 'hope' in the form of a 7 week wait to begin construction of our dojo, but since U8 we've dwindled to 4 people.

And now, we've just learned we have to wait for a patch because we (small clans) were overlooked, again?

Every single person in my guild is trusted with Warlord-level dojo authority, no one's leading and no one's done anything without the agreement of others.  We made the build and dojo blueprint decisions as a group, and I feel as if I speak for most of us by sharing the following sentiment:

I regret undertaking this effort. I thought it would be fun to design a dojo with my friends, discuss which of the new clan weapons we should build and try first (before they were all posted online and discussed to death a month ago) and grind out resources as a group of friends with a shared goal. 

Feels crappy, I don't want to wait for another patch to be able to build our dojo YET again, as a result of being obviously marginalized in the last 2 major updates/months. I doubt I'll play till the fix, not sure how many of my friends will stick around till then.

Edit: Added TL; DR for the wall.

TL; DR: Capacity is gained by building a great hall. Once you build a great hall, your resource costs are tripled along with the maximum clan members, as you are now in the next tier. F**k all that, I just want our ≤10 member clan dojo to have enough capacity available to build all of the beautiful clan content (current and future)!
Edited by Eclucid

The main problem is, shortly put, that the only rooms that increase your Dojo's capacity result in an increase in costs all over the board once built. They could deal with this by simply adding a new room that adds capacity, just like the Reactor adds energy.

It requires nothing to build dojo rooms now so im not sure what you are whining about -_-

Please read and attempt to understand the thread before posting.  

Dojo rooms are indeed cheap resource-wise, but if you knew anything about building rooms you'd know that they require capacity and energy (from reactors). Capacity is gained by building a great hall. Once you build a great hall, your resource costs triple and your limit of clan members is bumped to 30, as you are now in the next tier.

The main problem is, shortly put, that the only rooms that increase your Dojo's capacity result in an increase in costs all over the board once built. They could deal with this by simply adding a new room that adds capacity, just like the Reactor adds energy.

Yes, the former is indeed the main problem.  I suggested the same fix of adding a new room that grants capacity, but then smaller clans miss out on having the badass-looking great halls just by virtue of being small.  That'd feel great after waiting 7 weeks just to start building, again by virtue of being small.

OP is exactly right. With our small clan not as many resources as even a 15 or 20 man clan, &  with limited time to play its like giving us a game that is 75% done. Just today we were able to make a Duel room. When was this content released 7-8 weeks ago and today we touched it for the first time. This Great(er) Hall being built & raising the size & mat requirement of each new structure is blasphemy.We should not have our 5-6 person clan work 3 times harder than the rest.  DE. Read this asap and hotfix this issue. 

so without a hall you cannot get a reactor and all the labs?

Cause.... that's pretty much the reason to get this stuff, right?

Some one do the math and see if some one without a building any halls can get all the labs going.

BTW, yes, i was caught in that trap and im now building the first hall and im going to get my prices up cause i forgot what was mentioned in the thread about this.

so without a hall you cannot get a reactor and all the labs?

Cause.... that's pretty much the reason to get this stuff, right?

Some one do the math and see if some one without a building any halls can get all the labs going.

BTW, yes, i was caught in that trap and im now building the first hall and im going to get my prices up cause i forgot what was mentioned in the thread about this.

You can get all the labs going no problem. However, I get the feeling OP doesn't want to build just that, but a custom dojo.

I understand the Devs wanting larger clans to build Halls to force them to spend more resources in the long run, but when smaller clans feel like they need to build halls in order to gain enough capacity to build larger dojos (with possibly future expansion) it gets a bit stupid.

I'm pretty sure our clan Dojo (10 people) has enough capacity to build every research room, enough reactors for everything, two elevators (research+power areas) enough hallways for all this and then we can build either a duelling area or a free-running room but not both without building a clan hall.

I don't see why DE can't implement a capacity increasing room (like the current Hall) without increasing clan size.

I should mention that our goal is to stay in the 10 person clan bracket because we strongly believe that this will be the most competitive bracket in the game.

Edited by Hania

You can get all the labs going no problem. However, I get the feeling OP doesn't want to build just that, but a custom dojo.

One thing is a "custom dojo."  Another thing is at least one of every room.  As it stands, you can build one of everything, but as soon as DE releases another room, small dojos won't have enough capacity to build it.  Oh, did I mention the "new and awesome decorations?"  Hope you don't mind tripling your small clan's resource costs in order to get capacity to build them!

Do you see where I'm going with this? If DE releases a room, I shouldn't be denied having it in my dojo just because I'm in a small clan.

Oh, did I mention the "new and awesome decorations?"  Hope you don't mind tripling your small clan's resource costs in order to get capacity to build them!

I agree with all the rest, but... am I wrong, or does every room have its own separate pool of 15 capacity for decorations?

EDIT: I'm a solo Warlord building my dojo. Just put up a Cross Connector and two reactors, leaving me with 80 capacity. Then I put a Koi Pond, and my capacity is still at 80.

P.S. the Koi Pond is lovely.

Edited by Guest

Ugh... My clan has a great hall... the 2 floored one building and it's going to screw us over with resources!!! You can't cancel it once it's building can you? We are a clan with 9 people but only 3 real active players...

Ugh... My clan has a great hall... the 2 floored one building and it's going to screw us over with resources!!! You can't cancel it once it's building can you? We are a clan with 9 people but only 3 real active players...

As long as it hasn't been finished, you should be able to cancel it; resources spent should be refunded.

Simple don't build Greater hall, Grand, or Grandest. I haven't tested it out yet, but can't you just keep building Great halls to expand capacity without increasing the cost pass the Shadow level?

Incorrect.  Building the great hall will permanently triple your resource costs.  

Incorrect.  Building the great hall will permanently triple your resource costs.  

Should read better.

My last part states pass the Shadow level, not the Ghost level.

Triple a low number is still a low number and for what you get (200 capacity+) for everything costing 3 times more, it's give and take.

Edit: Your TL:DR has been answered, with 200 capacity you can build everything current with some left over for the future content. Again the capacity system was in place before and still is place after U9, however you are now paying quite a bit less in resources to build everything.

Edited by FateZero

I agree with all the rest, but... am I wrong, or does every room have its own separate pool of 15 capacity for decorations?

I'm looking at my dojo and I think you're right on this. because building rooms is it's own capacity (mine is 75 atm) but then the room shows 15.

I deleted both my extra halls and it fixed nothing. My clan is screwed, and im pissed. 50 hours, and no response to my support ticket. This is outrageous. We come back to the game to build a dojo, and now cant because no one bothered to put a warning on the clan halls day 1! FIX IT@!@##!