Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, I Guess New Players Are Screwed Huh?

Lagoon7

The Snipetron Vandal and Primed Chamber event was a pretty cool idea, and pretty fun too. Snipetron Vandal is really nice and was pretty easy to earn during the event, but isn't overpowered (there is a sniper with 2x its base dmg in the dojo weapons) so making it exclusive isn't too big of a deal, still would have preferred a skin to prevent community backlash.

Disclaimer: The following is said under the assumption that Primed Chamber is exclusive. However i have seen quite a few people who have claimed that they talked with someone from DE and that DE has said it is exclusive. However if this proves to be false, disregard the following. (it seems likely though, from the existence of Charged Chamber).

Though it is too bad that Primed Chamber was only given to the top 100 during the event, but at least us people that didn't have spare time to burn during the event can get it lat-...

Wait, what? People are saying that DE has said that Primed Chamber is exclusive? Not only that, but it is incredibly powerful and vastly superior in every single way to the version we can get called Charged Chamber and both versions can be stacked?

For reference Primed Chamber at max level is 100% bonus damage @ 7 energy cost, whereas Charged Chamber is 40% bonus damage @ 9 energy cost.

So not only is this a kick in the teeth to anyone not in the top100 (especially those that put in a massive amount of work to reach the top100 but fell short)... What the hell are new players supposed to do? They can never get this exclusive mod, no matter how much effort they put in, no how much they may come to love the game, no matter how much money they spend... they can never ever have the highest DPS with any weapon.

They can never have Primed Chamber, they can never do the highest damage, they are gimped from the outset because they didn't take part in this event and come within the top 100.

Really DE?

Oh god its Frost Prime Event all over again... (the shooting themselves in the foot part).

WHY DO YOU INSIST ON MAKING THINGS INTEGRAL TO THE GAMEPLAY OF YOUR GAME EXCLUSIVE?

People would be happy with exclusive skins! Things that have no effect on gameplay, but shows off the results of your hard work!

Exclusive rewards to events are good things! But making those exclusive rewards really integral things to your game is incredibly silly.

So to anyone who likes warframe: If you want to be the very best that no-one ever was, i hope you placed in the top100 during the aforementioned event, or your never gonna be the best, sorry.

If you started loving warframe after the event? Already boned.

Edited by Lagoon7

We made a pretty big stink about this (Primed Chamber, see here), Community Mods have taken the issue to Rebecca, DE knows and will move forward with what we've said in mind. (Rebecca already noted almost right after the informer event that DE will consider tiered rewards in the future.)

With regards to the Vandal (which I don't suspect you have a problem with), that's a different case entirely.

Edited by Lumireaver

Ah, we did not say the Primed Chamber mod is Exclusive to the Drone weekend event, it was just the first time it was introduced. Sorry for the confusion there! I imagine it will appear again in future events.

Looking forward to it.  I like me some sniper rifles.

Ah, we did not say the Primed Chamber mod is Exclusive to the Drone weekend event, it was just the first time it was introduced. Sorry for the confusion there! I imagine it will appear again in future events.

Hopefully obtainable in some form other than being in the "Top X". Something that gives such a huge gameplay advantage should never require a 30h straight gaming marathon to obtain.

Hopefully obtainable in some form other than being in the "Top X". Something that gives such a huge gameplay advantage should never require a 30h straight gaming marathon to obtain.

Dude I killed thousands of those balloons and subsisted on energy drinks and cereal thinking I should take advantage of my lack of things to do.

Serious bummer when I discovered there were over a hundred people who were better than me at not being productive.

Just don't make it the top 100 again. Because that severely limits the number of people who can get it. Not just because of the fact that only 100 out of over 10,000 people will be getting it, but because when people log in they're already out of the running. I imagine if you did another "top 100" It'd just be the same 100 people getting it because those same people would be the ones with, once again, the time to burn.

EDIT: apparently people are saying two million people played that weekend? That makes it even bloody worse.

Edited by DAWGUNITALPHA

Dude I killed thousands of those balloons and subsisted on energy drinks and cereal thinking I should take advantage of my lack of things to do.

Serious bummer when I discovered there were over a hundred people who were better than me at not being productive.

Exactly my point :L

I disagree with the assertion that this mod is integral to gameplay. If this were a competitive PvP game, I would understand, but it isn't. If somebody worked their butt off to get something that is better than what I have, I'm ok with that. Would I like a chance at it too? Sure! But if not, I'll survive.

I disagree with the assertion that this mod is integral to gameplay. If this were a competitive PvP game, I would understand, but it isn't. If somebody worked their butt off to get something that is better than what I have, I'm ok with that. Would I like a chance at it too? Sure! But if not, I'll survive.

Nobody said it was integral to gameplay...

EDIT: Baka Notso

Edited by Notso

From the original post:

WHY DO YOU INSIST ON MAKING THINGS INTEGRAL TO THE GAMEPLAY OF YOUR GAME EXCLUSIVE?

I stand corrected. In fairness I'm sh!t-tired, it's gone midnight and I was up at 6.30 this morning xD

Define "worked their butt off"

Sitting in front of a computer for hours and hours, contributing nothing into society or their family?

Instead of spending time with their loved ones they are tapping and clicking away in front of a screen?

That definitely improves the situation. If it's going to be a reoccurring reward then it's a lot better.

Just hopefully not a "Top X" challenge next time. Having some of these are good because your more hardcore fans with severe amounts of time to burn like them. But having it be more attainable next time for those who don't have 48hours to memorizing spawn points and chug energy drinks with no sleep. (top 100 was an incredibly small range is what i'm getting at)

They can never have Primed Chamber, they can never do the highest damage

Lets look at the Sniper Vandal, and give it 6 rounds to be fair.

With primed chamber, someone will do 250 + (125*5) = 875 per clip.

With any elemental card at 50%, someone will do (125*6) + (62.5*6) = 750 + 375 = 1125 per clip

Lets list the mods we currently want to use in snipers

Serration, Split Chamber, Reload Spd, AP, Fire, Frost, Electricity, Blaze

Oops. What about Grineer/Corpus/Infested damage? Oh well they do more, so just replace electricity with one of those.

So to summarize: Primed Chamber is not necessary. It actually sucks when you look at the math.

Define "worked their butt off"

Sitting in front of a computer for hours and hours, contributing nothing into society or their family?

Instead of spending time with their loved ones they are tapping and clicking away in front of a screen?

First person to give ThePieBoy a hug should get a Primed Chamber.

With any elemental card at 50%, someone will do (125*6) + (62.5*6) = 750 + 375 = 1125 per clip

Oops. What about Grineer/Corpus/Infested damage? Oh well they do more, so just replace electricity with one of those.

So to summarize: Primed Chamber is not necessary. It actually sucks when you look at the math.

For sniper rifles. But it's basically a second Serration for bows.

It is NOT intergral too anything. It's not even that good, and no i'm not a top 100%, i'm just capable of doing the math. There are very few situations it would be worth equipping, and in those situations the damage gained is negiliable. Unless a event comes in that requires you to deal the highest damage poissble in a single shot it will never be a "Intergral part of gameplay".

Now, don't get me wrong, i don't like that the charged chamer we got is so bad compared to the primed chamber mod, and if it is exclusive i feel that should have been stated as so rather than finding out randomly later on, but it bothers me that you are stating it is some-how required to have the mod.

It isn't. You just want it and feel cheated. That's fine but don't try to convince people that if they don't have it they will some-how be at a major disadvantage. Most of the time they'd be at a disadvantage for using it

EDIT:- IT DOESN'T WORK ON BOWS IT'S FOR SNIPERS..

Edited by NeverNever

That depends on how it stacks. The description says "+100% BONUS DAMAGE ON FIRST SHOT IN CLIP".

Now if "bonus damage" is only your base damage, its pretty bad. If it's including Serration and Split Chamber, then its pretty good. If it's a straight up 2x dmg multiplier to everything your first shot of the clip does (including Serration, Split Chamber, all the banes and elementals), then its freakishly good. Especially on weapons with a low max clip size such as snipers (fancy that).

Also wouldn't it effect every shot on the bows? (if they can even equip it, i have a hunch its disabled)

EDIT: Apparently bows aren't under the sniper classification. Strikes me as odd, but w/e.

Edited by Lagoon7