Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vor The Magnificent

Snowgist

Hi everyone! This is my little attempt in writing inspired by our beloved captain Vor :) I’ve watched the last trailer and suddenly realized, that Vor must have his own story, we know almost nothing about him, but he does have something interesting in his past. May be he was the best of the marines when he was young, why not? And those charismatic feet he has – how did he receive them? :) So I had a couple ideas about all of it and decided to write a short story, just a sketch, something like a panegyric to our hero ;) He’s too nice not to have some skeletons in his closet, I guess.

Also I beg your pardon previously – English is not my native language so I suspect my text to be full of mistakes – excuse me for them.  

Vor The Magnificent

“He was raised as one of the First Magnificent Generation – the outcome generation of army and science elite, a pure hope of all Grineer Empire. His achievements were incredible even in the Academy, he had reputation of the most talented apprentice since he was just a young marine. He had to be one of the best despite of his own nature  that always pushed him to break the rules and do everything his own way – but the Fate had another path for him.

Pluto, Mars, Mercury and Saturn are just the points on the Solar System map – but not for him. He was able to tell about every inch of those planets, because he had spent all his life  researching them in a vast hope of saving the Grineer race from inevitable ruination. Thousands minds were on this subject; no one succeeded. No one – including him. It hurt his ambitions hard and he decided to be the perfect among the best.

Years were flowing trough the river of Time. There appeared another Grineer – during the Collapse extension. They were weaker and more ambitious – and he felt the menace from their greed. They spread over the system, hunting for the ancient wisdom, which was out of their reach. One of them was Lech Kril – a young marine, whose vicious mind was the threat for all Vor’s carrier. There were plenty of them – young and grasping, but all of them were nothing but miserable attempt to delay the Fate.

When Vor was young the menace of that which would be named ‘Tenno’ was just a whisper among the members of Royal Council. But Vor felt – this is his chance to prove his abilities and lead the Grineer to an unfading glory. That’s why he broke one day the prohibition of Council and moved toward Mercury.

He returned with a lot of scars and without his right eye, but that time he told no one about what happened near the ancient ruins on the surface of Mercury - except those to whom he couldn’t lie. Next day after return he was brought to face the Twin Queens.

‘Your bravery is incredible’, he was told. ‘You will be rewarded for it. Prepare for the Sacred Pain’.

He was gifted with the Iron Feet and continued his studies.

Somehow Council became aware of the incredible things hidden on Mercury. One by one the politicians and military elite started there own investigations. The Empire called it ‘The Great Plan’.

More and more ruins were found by the Grinner. Many secrets were revealed on the other planets. Among them were plenty of strange but untouched armor suits hidden in the cryopods. They were ‘Warframes’ – a source of unique elements and powers from the ancient Orokin era, that could extremely strengthen its finder. That was the beginning of Frame Rush – every high-ranked Grineer started his own search for the might of Warframes. The Empire was already weakened, but now there was a menace of civil war.

Many odd things brought Vor from his voyages – and the Key was among them. The Key was the Vor’s favorite one, his talisman. He found that it could fill him with great power and give him a lot of abilities he had never heard about before. Also it could open the Void. Each time Vor visited the Void he was trembling with agitation. Each time the Void took a tough price for visiting it.  Each time could have been the last one.

Then there was a Strike.

An unknown force started to attack Grinner fortresses and bases all over the Solar System. One by one many of them were ruined or damaged critically, that spoiled the work and research. Moreover, an old Grinner opponent – Corpus – became aware of the Great Plan. Ships crawling with workers and robots spread all over the system.

The unknown force turned out to be Tenno, who started to wake in their tombs. Many ages ago Tenno was a horrifying force that delivered elimination of all Orokin race. No one knows who they are and what do they want. During the ages they slept in their lost forbidden tombs. Grineer didn’t know for a long time what forces woke the warframes, but their intelligence pointed on the mark on the surface of some suits. It was a flower from ancient Earth named ‘lotus’. This flower was also found in some parts of the Solar Systems. It was the mark of a great conspiracy against the Empire. Every Grineer was told to kill everybody with this mark. Grineer intelligence supposed there was a conspiracy group lead by unknown woman named Lotus as well. Many gifted Grineer did their best to find her, but nobody succeeded. The Lotus became a new headache for the old sick Empire.

Anyway, there is one evidence - Tenno have an old but matchless weaponry – Warframes – and this is the key for the Grinner domination. That was the decision Vor accepted after his research. Use this weapon – or die inglorious.

He led his own squad in the last expedition on Pluto – there was a tomb with the Warframe. Another opportunity to the best Grinner! It was crucial to be there on time – or the beast Lotus will steal the prize before. Sooner or later, Lotus will pay for all she had done.

But Lotus was faster.

She did everything well except one little mistake. She underestimated old captain Vor.

And now it’s time for his Revenge”

-- from “Vor The Magnificent: The Official Biography” by Geronimo Vulcar, Grineer Temple of Legacy