Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alert Desktop Gadget

Spirit_of_Night

The new site is located here: http://warframe.deathwishgame.co.uk

NEW version: 2.1.6

Transition to the RSS feed system provided by DE

Simple to install, easy to use.

Features:

- Compact desktop gadget for Windows (screenshots coming soon on the website)

- Easy to use interface

- Pick and choose alert sounds (or none at all) for ? alerts

- - Loop sounds

- Filter for only alerts you want see!

- - Alarm when your filter matches!

- Tabs for the different alert types (alert/outbreak/invasion)

- Overflowing alerts (outbreaks, seriously way too many) will now scroll!

- PS4 alerts selection - you can now choose to see PS4 alerts through the settings menu.

Upcoming features:

- Automatic update!

- Custom sounds

- Transparent background

- Custom background

- Custom fonts, colours, sizes

- Separate filters/alarms for alerts/invasions/outbreaks

The new version is available for download. Sorry for the long hiatus, as the website explains, I have not been well.

All the old features are back in. I will be implimenting separate filters/alarms for the different catagories in the near future.

old thread here:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/47576-never-miss-an-alert-again/

Edited by Spirit_of_Night

Perhaps you could make the box smaller? There is a lot of empty grey space below the noted alert.

Edit. Btw, I love this gadget, really cool. Sounds aren't working though, just had an alert popup and no sound came up

Edited by Zareek

In order to have sounds, you need to open the settings menu (spanner icon in top right) and select the sound you want it to play.

The box is that size because it's exactly sized to hold 3 alerts simultaneously.

It's set to have Ship Pager. But nothing happens when a new alert pops up.

And I meant, if you could reduce it to 1 alert, then if more than 1 pops up, the window changes size so it can hold 2? If you know what I mean

Edit: Okay the alert sound worked, the Ship pager didnt. Though Im not sure that is because the new alert that just came up, when I switched to alert sound, was a reward alert.

Edited by Zareek

Whenever I go to options, the only option is to choose a sound. Okay, fair enough, that's about all I need, I choose my sound and I press 'Ok'. It then closes the options menu and re-maxes. However, when I go to options again, it doesn't appear to have saved my selection, and instead starts on 'No Sound'. Just wondering if it should be doing that, or if it should be saving it. Gonna have to wait for a '?' alert to pop up to see if it plays, but figured I'd point this little bit out while I was thinking about it.

Whenever I go to options, the only option is to choose a sound. Okay, fair enough, that's about all I need, I choose my sound and I press 'Ok'. It then closes the options menu and re-maxes. However, when I go to options again, it doesn't appear to have saved my selection, and instead starts on 'No Sound'. Just wondering if it should be doing that, or if it should be saving it. Gonna have to wait for a '?' alert to pop up to see if it plays, but figured I'd point this little bit out while I was thinking about it.

It should only play for a ?, and thanks for letting me know about the revert on opening settings, good to know that's not working as intended.

So, the sound apparently plays whenever any alert pops up, not just question mark ones.

Is there any way to get an option for it to only play for question mark ones? Other than that, it seems to work fine.

It does seem to be playing when a ? disappears on my computer, but not for anything other than a ? alert.

Can you confirm that it's playing the sound for every alert, not just ? ones?

Can anyone else duplicate this error?

I have a few problems. First, it's only show active alerts, not show expried like before (is this intended?). Second, i can't set sound for it. Whenever i set sound, hit ok button, click configure again to make sure and it still show as no sound(it really don't have any sound).

Very plain in the options department. A few suggestions:

- Volume control

- Option to add custom sound

- Option to make sound ring more than once (Maybe keep beeping until I click the window)

- Option to have sound only play when a blueprint or aura alert appears.