Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Control Module Etc. Vs Orokin Cell

Callback

I'm curious about the choice of which rare resources to increase.

Control module:

37 needed for clan tech

14 needed for warframes (15 incl. frost prime, minus starting frame)

3 needed for sentinels

1 needed for weapon

repeatable use in blue potato

Total: 55+

Gallium:

6 needed for weapon skins

38 needed for weapons

repeatable in blue potato

Total: 44+

Neural Sensor:

14 needed for warframes

3 needed for weapons

repeatable in yellow potato and forma

Total: 17++

Against

Orokin Cell:

50 needed for prime weapons

14 needed for warframes

27 needed for helmets

10 needed for weapons

repeatable in both potatoes and forma

Total: 101+++

And for good measure,

Neurodes:

54 needed for helmets

34 needed for weapons

repeatable in forma and yellow potato

Total: 88++

So, WHY, again, were these 3 rares chosen for increased droprate over the others?

Orokin cells may be a drop from all bosses, but the drop rate feels around 10% or less. If it were increased to 50% and/or increased as the others were per pickup, it would be fine to give new players what they need without too much effort, and allow older players losing out on the retro-boost from all their boss kills to still farm Ruk and Kril reliably.

Another option to help older players with unbalanced quantities would be to put in a resource exchange when you open Vor's Market.  It would give players the ability to trade quantities of different materials, with Vor himself taking a sizeable cut, of course.  2 morphics for 1 cell, 1 module for 750 ferrite, or 2000 nanos for 1 neurode.  You get the idea.

Edited by Callback

resource exchange, alert themed resource missions, void t3 drops rare resources would all help fix the unbalance.. orokin cells should be dropped in the void anyway for obvious reasons. Control modules since they are needed for research weapons should become the most common rare resource with morphic being a close second. Let's hope they make some changes.

Thanks for putting that together, Callback. Good info.

resource exchange, alert themed resource missions, void t3 drops rare resources would all help fix the unbalance.. orokin cells should be dropped in the void anyway for obvious reasons. Control modules since they are needed for research weapons should become the most common rare resource with morphic being a close second. Let's hope they make some changes.

Agreed.

I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth myself. Control Mods were one of the most annoying part to farm for since it use to only drop in a single stage. I'm kinda glad about the change on it's front.

I do agree that Orokin Cells need a boost in drop capacity and/or chance though. Farming Sargus Ruk is the easiest way to get them right now, but even that's annoying and long winded for just 1 a pop.

Edited by ToeSama

I never actually needed to go ahead and *farm* Orokin Cells. I've never built a Prime weapon either, so I guess that could change. Neurodes... well, everyone does Xini, and chances are, if you do Xini for fun and profit, you're gonna get some neurodes.

Control Mods, Gallium and Neurals, on the other hand, were always a *@##$ to farm.