Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion, Craftable Consumables

Lumireaver

Goals:

• Give players something to do with all of those unspent nanospores.
  • Give the inventory some more use. (The current event did this in a new an interesting way. A+, DE)
  • Cool new features.

Implementation: Add BPs to the market, each crafting yields several (5? 10?) consumables. The consumables and crafting costs could vary, but I'm thinking simple items like "30s melee buff," or whatever. Example items and buffs to follow shortly.

Notes: Generally speaking, we don't want to step on Warframe abilities/powers. Purchasable consumables being like Warframe abilities/powers would be crazy. Semi-expensive, less easily renewable consumables producing effects similar too, but not as potent as Warframe abilities/powers might be a-okay. (I feel like things along these lines too a bit of testing before a clear balance verdict can be determined.)

Examples: (Will gladly amend your suggestions to this post.)

Kou Cell - Small percentage-based buff to weaponry

Sei Cell - Small percentage-based buff to abilities

DEfense Cell - Considerable static-buff to armor

Compact Repair Unit - Restores objective health slightly

Shield Overclock Unit - Temporary percentage-based recharge speed buff, stacks with Fast Deflection

Potential crafting components for the cells: Nanospores and an Orokin Cell

Potential crafting components for the units: Salvage and Gallium

Consumable BPs could be added straight to the market, or introduced as clan tech. (Never can have too much clan tech...) In my opinion, the coolest course of action would be to bring the standard consumables to the market, and introduce group/radial consumables as clan tech. (The regular health kit could be brought in line with these new ones, w/crafting and all that, or left alone. Ammo ought be left alone though. Don't think people want to craft bullets...)

I personally want to use the inventory more, I've always carried those team heals .-. but they are utterly pointless, even more so now with Rejuvination being much more usable. Perhaps we could see more of these's cells that can interact with each race individually? Like "Iron stance" Cell to improve probablity of not being knocked down. 

Edited by KitsuAccalia

Quite fortunately, crafting consumes credits by way of BP buying, and craft initiation.

Also creates a potential plat sink for high rollers who need to rush their dose of buff juice.

sorry, I meant PURE credit sinks, mats are already used in, well, everything obviously, some use for my credits that doesn't require resources would be nice (and I like your ideas tbh)

This brings up an alternate thought - I'd like to be able to craft some mats from other mats. I used to do Venera for fun and relaxation, I have HUGE quantities of alloy plate, polymer bundles, and circuits. I'd like to be able to smelt alloy plate down for ferrite, Or maybe huge quantities of circuits and salvage into control mods perhaps? Would give me something do with my 10-13 thousand of polymer, circuits, and alloy plate.

sorry, I meant PURE credit sinks, mats are already used in, well, everything obviously, some use for my credits that doesn't require resources would be nice (and I like your ideas tbh)

Fair enough, but as more and more mods are added, we'll always have a use for our credits. (Not saying the credit problem isn't real, but it's not that bad...) If the clan tech versions of these consumables have BPs that cost 15k, they'll drain your pockets pretty quickly.

Fair enough, but as more and more mods are added, we'll always have a use for our credits. (Not saying the credit problem isn't real, but it's not that bad...) If the clan tech versions of these consumables have BPs that cost 15k, they'll drain your pockets pretty quickly.N

But they'll drain your mats more, which we don't need. We dn't need to wait 12hours for a consumable to be ready, and we don't need to use rare mats on them. More useful consumabes would be great, especially if they are credits only.

But they'll drain your mats more, which we don't need. We dn't need to wait 12hours for a consumable to be ready, and we don't need to use rare mats on them. More useful consumabes would be great, especially if they are credits only.

If you don't have a billion nanospores, you will soon. As far as waiting twelve hours, the idea would be to keep your stock of consumables somewhere in the neighborhood of not-empty. As far as using rare materials on them... I'd imagine that's a good thing. It's easy to develop a surplus once you're done crafting what you're after.

If you don't have a billion nanospores, you will soon. As far as waiting twelve hours, the idea would be to keep your stock of consumables somewhere in the neighborhood of not-empty. As far as using rare materials on them... I'd imagine that's a good thing. It's easy to develop a surplus once you're done crafting what you're after.

Well, yeah, everyone has a stock of nano spores, but it doesn't validate the 12hr build time, unless you can queue multiple, and they don't use rare mats (which are in high demand mostly). I mean, judging weapons by how much they require recently: all of the stalker weapons are 5 morphics to 10 morphics, primes require 10 orokin cells, the most recent reinforcement guns cost 4-5 neurodes. It's easy to burn through a surplus with costs like that.

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

Well, yeah, everyone has a stock of nano spores, but it doesn't validate the 12hr build time, unless you can queue multiple, and they don't use rare mats (which are in high demand mostly). I mean, judging weapons by how much they require recently: all of the stalker weapons are 5 morphics to 10 morphics, primes require 10 orokin cells, the most recent reinforcement guns cost 4-5 neurodes. It's easy to burn through a surplus with costs like that.

How would you feel about 6h build times then? I'd be cool with 12, but I do feel that a concession could be made considering we do want people to actually use these consumables. I probably wouldn't because I'm a hoarder anyhow. (+1 For either queuing builds, or Nexus Foundry management... Definitely )

Also, question. Do you think that new weapons might be so exorbitantly priced (relatively speaking) because of the surplus of materials people have?  A slow drain on rare materials might justify cheaper craft prices for weapons across the board. (Just a theory.)

How would you feel about 6h build times then? I'd be cool with 12, but I do feel that a concession could be made considering we do want people to actually use these consumables. I probably wouldn't because I'm a hoarder anyhow. (+1 For either queuing builds, or Nexus Foundry management... Definitely )

Also, question. Do you think that new weapons might be so exorbitantly priced (relatively speaking) because of the surplus of materials people have?  A slow drain on rare materials might justify cheaper craft prices for weapons across the board. (Just a theory.)

Eh... Build times of 3hrs might be ok, but it's mats I don't like. New players then have to spend resources on either a new weapon OR consumables.

As for the new prices, I think it's to try and encourage more sales of weapons because they can't figure out to price things correctly (they suck at it, honestly, 140 plat for a dual skana? Femme Fatale pack was like 20% or something?)

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

Eh... Build times of 3hrs might be ok, but it's mats I don't like. New players then have to spend resources on either a new weapon OR consumables.

As for the new prices, I think it's to try and encourage more sales of weapons because they can't figure out to price things correctly (they suck at it, honestly, 140 plat for a dual skana? Femme Fatale pack was like 20% or something?)

When I posted this originally, I would have thought 3h build times to be too ridiculously short, however when considering game flow, a single (long-ish) session could begin with queuing up your next round of consumables for use while you use up the last one. So it might not be a bad thing at all...

Hm, what if the solo consumables only cost common resources, but the clan-tech ones add rare materials? (But otherwise shared the same blueprint.) In this way, adding a single Orokin Cell/Gallium multiplies the practical effectiveness by four. (Since a group buff can affect up to four players.) This sounds like a fair trade.

When I posted this originally, I would have thought 3h build times to be too ridiculously short, however when considering game flow, a single (long-ish) session could begin with queuing up your next round of consumables for use while you use up the last one. So it might not be a bad thing at all...

Hm, what if the solo consumables only cost common resources, but the clan-tech ones add rare materials? (But otherwise shared the same blueprint.) In this way, adding a single Orokin Cell/Gallium multiplies the practical effectiveness by four. (Since a group buff can affect up to four players.) This sounds like a fair trade.

Eh, what could be worth a rare mat though AND only have one use without invalidating skills? I think, again, it should be credits only, even if you have to buy the BP, then "craft" it with just credits for a build time.

Eh, what could be worth a rare mat though AND only have one use without invalidating skills? I think, again, it should be credits only, even if you have to buy the BP, then "craft" it with just credits for a build time.

It'd be five or ten uses, depending on how many consumables the BP uses, and as difficulty scales up, the incentive for a coordinated group of players to use (or stack?) these things for a quick damage boost increases.

If each crafting yields ten consumables, you're more than likely to pop another rare material out before you run out of group buffs from your first batch.

• 1 month later...