Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wild West Warframe; Wessen (Now With Finished Concept Art!)

GIMO

Big THANK YOU to Panzer_the_Tank for the art work :)

1236347_584924208213195_2081681560_n.jpg  WyvAPjB.jpg
Wessen

Health: 100
Shield: 100
Energy: 150
Armor: 40
Sprint Speed: 1.15

Aura Polarity: -
Polarities: = x4
-
V

I wanted to theme this frame more around crowd control and support to coincide with the idea of riding with your posse in the west and fighting off larger crowds, forming a feeling of comradery. That explains the mod polarities, being oriented more towards energy focused mods. Also, the Old West wasn't big on wearing heavy armor or anything but they were able to take a fair beating, explaining his lower end armor but average health/shields.

Abilities

1. Lasso: Send a large energy ring to pull together and temporarily confine all enemies caught in the ring. Upgrading will increase the size of the ring, time of constriction, and allows for stronger enemies to be constricted longer.

Cost: 25 Energy
Mod Cost: 2/3/4/5
Duration: 15/20/25/30 seconds
AoE: 10/15/20/25 meters
- Affected by duration mods, Stretch, and Focus.
- Does not affect bosses

2. Stake a Claim: Projects a low, curved barricade 180 degree radius for the player to duck behind. Players can shoot through the inside of the shield, enemies can't walk through it, and the barricade has a chance to cause enemy bullets to ricochet back towards the enemy causing a fraction of the damage to them. Upgrading increases duration and damage on ricochet.

Cost: 50 energy
Mod Cost: 4/5/6
Duration: 20/30/40 seconds
- Affected by duration mods and Focus, not by Stretch.

3. Posse-up: A percentage of ammo for currently equipped weapon, energy, and health pickups are shared amongst the team. Upgrading will increase the percentage shared and duration of casting.

Cost: 75 Energy
Mod Cost: 6/7/8/9
Duration: 10/15/20 seconds
Percentage Shared: 10/20/40%
- Affected by duration mods, not by Focus or Stretch.

4. Gunslinger's Reflex: Useable if the player reaches lower than 20% health. Within a certain radius of casting, increases fire rate and reload speed of all payers. Slows down enemies and enemy projectiles in order to dodge incoming fire. Enemy projectiles are highlighted. Leveling up increases duration and casting radius.

Cost: 125 energy
Mod Cost: 10/11/12
Duration: 10/15/20 seconds
Fire Rate Increase: 5/10/15%
Reload Increase: 10/15/20%
Enemy Slowdown: 10/20/30%
AoE: 20/30/40 meters
- Affects bosses.
- NOT Affected by mods (It would be too over the top otherwise).

Edited by GIMO

To be honest, I really like this idea you have. Better than most I encounter. (Not hating on those)

3. Gunslinger has the same ability of Banshee. I don't mind if it stays but if it needs changing then could add Ricochet that could make target have bullets bouncing off each other causing small explosion damage or elemental.

I'm not so sure DE would dig a cowboy frame, but I really like the first two abilities. The first is solid CC, and the second is a nice bit of variation for shield mechanics. It might not be favored over, say, Frost's Snow Globe, though, which is a bit troubling in my mind.

Gunslinger seems to conflict with Banshee's Sonar and Posse-up seems like it could be replaced with something that gives a more dependable bang for your buck.

To be honest, I really like this idea you have. Better than most I encounter. (Not hating on those)

3. Gunslinger has the same ability of Banshee. I don't mind if it stays but if it needs changing then could add Ricochet that could make target have bullets bouncing off each other causing small explosion damage or elemental.

Thanks, and I really know next to nothing about Banshee to be honest, my bad.  I'll have to rethink that ability.

I'm not so sure DE would dig a cowboy frame, but I really like the first two abilities. The first is solid CC, and the second is a nice bit of variation for shield mechanics. It might not be favored over, say, Frost's Snow Globe, though, which is a bit troubling in my mind.

Gunslinger seems to conflict with Banshee's Sonar and Posse-up seems like it could be replaced with something that gives a more dependable bang for your buck.

Again, i knew next to nothing about Banshee so I didn't know that it would overlap, I'll rework that one.  And I wanted Wessen to be more support oriented than have another room clearer ability. 

I wasn't suggesting a room cleaner, just something a bit more useful. I don't really know how the mechanics would go exactly, but it may not be worth having around if people can simply run around the room and collect the items themselves.

Trust me, I'm there with you on not wanting a nuke. The frames I tend to use most don't even utilize nukes (Loki being my absolute most used).

My reasoning for Posse-up is sometimes supplies run low on Defense missions and there may not be enough time for your Frost or Vauban to go out and grab energy.  So while the rest of the team fights off the mobs, Wessen collects supplies for the team.  It doesn't interfere with the fight, and fits well into a team where a consistant use of abilites is neccessary.

Posse up sounds really nice good ability, very thoughtful as well. But yes banshee copy needs to be changed ( i know you know that).

Also I'm not sure how Lasso would work. How about make it so he swings around himself and all enemies that are hit by the lasso are pulled together? Sort of like a sweep and tie.

Also this is just a request, can you make stake a claim as a fence like barricade. So like in maybe xini you can use it to block off an entrance to the cryopod it would be large enough to block a door. of course it will be short enough to jump over but enemies cant.

Edited by NBlitZ

Posse up sounds really nice good ability, very thoughtful as well. But yes banshee copy needs to be changed ( i know you know that).

Also I'm not sure how Lasso would work. How about make it so he swings around himself and all enemies that are hit by the lasso are pulled together? Sort of like a sweep and tie.

Also this is just a request, can you make stake a claim as a fence like barricade. So like in maybe xini you can use it to block off an entrance to the cryopod it would be large enough to block a door. of course it will be short enough to jump over but enemies cant.

Request accpeted :P and I'm having a hard time thinking of a replacement for Gunslinger.  Suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...

Gunslinger's Stand/Resolve/Reflex (whatever you want to name it): Use this to replace Gunslinger (name change to avoid confusion with the current Gunslinger Mod)I would have it do a few things:

Increase the attack speed of all your weapons (including charge speed) by 20/40/60/100%, Increases movement speed by 20/30/40/50%, and, in turn, decreases the attack speeds and movement speeds of enemies by half these amounts for 5/7/8/10 seconds in a 20/30/40/50m radius. Lastly, the ability will cast an area of reaction "bubble" around you equal to a 2/4/6/8 meter radius that slows all enemy projectiles by 20,30,40, and 50%. This will make a little more sense given his decrease in armor and allow him to be a great dps Warframe and a true old western theme to it.

The radius seems kinda... large and weird. But that is about the distance you would clearly see an opponent and react to gunfire. This combos well with Lasso and with many other great Warframe abilities that gather, group, or crowd control enemies. Naturally, Power Range and Power Durration would boost these numbers greatly and match your Polarities.

Keep in mind, I would make this his most expensive ability. Maybe 125 or even 150 (as you got a large amount of energy in the first place).

Don't know... just a weird suggestion that you might like. Go Clint Eastwood on these guys!

Edited by Ape3po

Thanks for bringing this old thread back to life xD  and maybe replace the movement speed increase with reload speed, i dont want to overlap at all with Volt's Speed, nor do i want too much going on with one ability.  I do really like the suggestion though

Edited by GIMO

Yeah dude that would work. Only thing I don't like about the reload speed, is that on some weapons this would be kinda lame. BUT I can totally see it going nuts. You wouldn't end up using anything fast with an "ult" like this.

Shotguns, slow and heavy automatics, etc. Basically, anything with Heavy Damage and low reload speed. I just like the movement speed cause when you are running around and shooting like in a wild west gunfight, the movement speed allows him to get to position faster, dodge bullets easier with the reaction bubble, and makes more sense thinking about the adrenaline rush from a gun fight.

Lastly, there is a mod on reload speed. There is NOT a mod on base movement speed. Only sprint speed (Rush). So this will make him slightly more unique in this aspect. Volt seems close, but Volt's will buff everyone. I just want this to buff you.

On the other hand, reload speed works with his theme.

Pick a name for it? lol. One of those three I thought would work.

I just made an idea for a warframe recently and happened to see this as well. I like it. He would become a good burst assassin for sure. Plus we are the Wardens of this solar system so this just makes sense. Tenno: Josie Wales

I think the enemy slow down is enough in terms of changing speeds, and yeah I'd prefer to use the reload speed in order to keep up with the gunslinger theme.  And i did pick a name :P

Edited by GIMO

Wessen, clever name. but I don't think Smith & Wessen would be very happy about it...

Nice catch xD and I've never been good at names, I'm sure someone can come up with a much better one

Nice catch xD and I've never been good at names, I'm sure someone can come up with a much better one

Smith lol

I slept on it and think you are right. The reload would be pretty beast. Especially on slow reloading weapons like shotguns and such. Good Hek using ability.

For a Frame name... damn... Ummmmm... well I always kind of see Tenno as real people who turned into something more (except Rhino). Look up some people or famous names for the era and pick one.

If it was up to me, I'd just throw Mal in there (from Firefly) because I'm unoriginal and like the Vasto.

Gotta say, love the bumps :P and The abilities are all reworked and have been fleshed out a lot more in terms of stats, I just haven't added it to the thread yet.  And hopefully (HOPEFULLYYYY >.<) there will be a concept art drawn up for (insert name here) :P

Edited by GIMO

So i just asked the question to my wife on what this name should be... but my brother interrupted with Corral... i actually thought it was pretty neat.

Corral

Sheriff

Kid

Angel Eyes

Butch

Deadwood

Sundance

Ranger

Revolver

Six Shot

Cassidy

Juarez

Some of these you might know, others you probably would have to dig lol. I prefer Deadwood, Revolver, Juarez, and Corral.

I think Gunslinger's Reflex might be too over powered if it applies to the entire team. Concentrate on making him a single target assassin.

Lastly, an ability suggestion could be Duel or High Noon, or something to that nature. Make it one of the first good Passive abilities on a Warframe. I was thinking something that makes his damage output higher based on how many enemies are on the map tile (the LESS enemies are left, the more dmg he deals... like a Duel). I can get into numbers later, but I'll have to hash em out and figure out how to word it properly lol.

I'm liking this idea. My own Warframe concept kinda fell off the map :( but whatever lol. I hashed a lot of numbers into it. Maybe it will help you figure out your own numbers for this idea?

I think his name should be something along the lines of Outlaw, or maybe outlaw in a different language (they've done that before).

Think about it: All Tenno are essentially outlaws, fighting against the main ruling force (the Grineer) and the laws it has created.

So i just asked the question to my wife on what this name should be... but my brother interrupted with Corral... i actually thought it was pretty neat.

Corral

Sheriff

Kid

Angel Eyes

Butch

Deadwood

Sundance

Ranger

Revolver

Six Shot

Cassidy

Juarez

Some of these you might know, others you probably would have to dig lol. I prefer Deadwood, Revolver, Juarez, and Corral.

I think Gunslinger's Reflex might be too over powered if it applies to the entire team. Concentrate on making him a single target assassin.

I'll keep digging around for names, but I'll keep these in mind. 

And like I said, I reworked the abilities so there'll be a bigger cost to using Reflex than most other Ult's. 

I think his name should be something along the lines of Outlaw, or maybe outlaw in a different language (they've done that before).

Think about it: All Tenno are essentially outlaws, fighting against the main ruling force (the Grineer) and the laws it has created.

I'll keep that in mind :D

desperado_by_seckate-d63d7pq.png

That looks cool!  But I keep thinking the hat sticks out too much in this game.  I have a friend working on some concept art of it now, so hopefully i can add soon :D

A nice thought, great idea.

I really like the originality of the abilities and with the desert tile sets, camos and of course the vasto and (i believe they confirmed in last livestream) the upcoming akvasto, this has pretty solid ground.

People can argue about the elephant in the room with the frame being a 'cowboy' and not a ninja, but really? People have been perfectly fine with their chain gun-wielding Rhinos, so I see no real ground there.

I'd happily Promote this idea - give the community something a bit different than another sci-fi magic frame.

I'll be happy to provide feedback after a more in depth look.

Nice work :)

First off, thank you xD next

People can argue about the elephant in the room with the frame being a 'cowboy' and not a ninja, but really? People have been perfectly fine with their chain gun-wielding Rhinos, so I see no real ground there.

Vauban the French strategist would like a word with them.