Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atlas - A Radical Change To Warframe

Hipolipolopigus

This is an idea that I've had floating in my head for a few months. I believe this may open discussion on more unique frames, since ideas using the current just-change-the-element-or-role design are beginning to stagnate. Now then, onto Atlas;

Atlas introduces a radical change to Warframe. He has unique control and equipment schemes, as well as an ability set which allow him to fully utilize his four arms.

Equipment Scheme

For each weapon archetype, Atlas has two slots; one upper set and one lower set, which allow him to equip twice as many weapons as any other frame.

For the default loadout, this means a total of two Bratons, two Latos (Four for akimbo) and two Skanas (Four for dual). As an extreme comparison, this means two Gorgons, two Despairs and four Kogake.

Each set behaves individually, but will still pull ammo from their respective pools. This means that Atlas will run out of ammo twice as fast as other frames.

Control Scheme

Atlas does not usually care for aiming - The "aim" binding is instead used to fire the lower set, while the "fire" binding is used to fire the upper set.

When carrying an item (Mobile defense, sabotage, etc), Atlas' lower set will be changed to secondary as it does for single-set frames.

For melee, swings will alternate between sets, following the pattern of upper-right, upper-left, lower-right, lower-left for dual weapons, upper, lower for single- and two-handed weapons. This means no special swings for weapons like the Orthos (Unless you want the animators to have their brains run out of their noses trying to figure out how to make it work).

Melee charge attacks work a little Differently for Atlas. Regular charge attacks will turn him into a whirlwind of unbridled power, using both sets to deal damage for 3 seconds (2 damage ticks per second). Charge attacks for thrown melee weapons will have the a similar whirlwind effect, but will behave as they would for single-set frames by bouncing around and ragdolling enemies. Atlas has a consistent melee charge time of 0.6s, and his melee is affected by mods on both melee sets.

Polarities

• 4x =

• 1x -
  • 1x V
  • Aura -

Abilities

• Mark - Marking an enemy will lock one of Atlas’ ranged weapon sets onto that enemy, as long as he can see them (Hemisphere in front of Atlas). When fired, the locked weapon will fire separately from the crosshair. Marking an enemy again will remove the mark. Maximum marks are 1/2/3/4, but are restricted by how many weapons Atlas has equipped.
  • Hawkeye - Greatly increases accuracy for a short time.
  • Aether - Adds a short stun to rifle attacks for a short time.
  • Relinquish - Unlocks Atlas’ inner power. For a short time, he consumes no ammo, while rifle attacks have increased penetration and random elemental damage modifications applied.

Notes

• Atlas was designed to make some of the less-useful mods more useful. With the release of the Ammo Mutation mods, I felt the time was right to finally put these ideas down. It also makes a nice 100th post :3
  • Atlas is a medium frame, similar in stats to Excalibur.
  • I believe his alternate helmet should reduce armour, health and shields for increased ammo pools (5% of each stat for 15% ammo).

Edited by Hipolipolopigus

Request: Can we give him 6 arms? 

Other than that your idea is really cool (except for Hawkeye because accuracy really doesn't mean squat in Warframe)

Six arms would mean three sets, which would be somewhat difficult to control :P

Yeah, but every frame has at least one kinda-suckish-but-very-situational ability :3

With that said, a multi-armed Warframe that doubles up firepower would be very easy to scream OP on, even if it's really not the heaviest unit on a player arsenal and all that *shrugs*

Oh, of course :P That's why he's is designed so that he'll run out of ammo twice as fast and why he wholly lacks AOE (Melee charge notwithstanding).

MechWarrior go home, you are drunk.

With that said, a multi-armed Warframe that doubles up firepower would be very easy to scream OP on, even if it's really not the heaviest unit on a player arsenal and all that *shrugs*

I'm not drunk... :(

But, think about it: This Atlas has 2 sets of weapons. Wouldn't that just be the same as the Quad-Large Laser AS7-RS?

This Atlas needs LRM60s for an ability.

I'm not drunk... :(

But, think about it: This Atlas has 2 sets of weapons. Wouldn't that just be the same as the Quad-Large Laser AS7-RS?

This Atlas needs LRM60s for an ability.

If anything, you'd be closer to the Rifleman or Stalker, going by the weapon mounts in comparison to 'limbs'. Atlas is more of a Rhino with guns out the chest :P

If anything, you'd be closer to the Rifleman or Stalker, going by the weapon mounts in comparison to 'limbs'. Atlas is more of a Rhino with guns out the chest :P

Oh, right.

What about our 7PPC+Gauss Battlemaster overlords?

Unique and I like it. My only critique: this is obviously an offensive Warframe, the Aura slot should be V (we all love Energy Siphon, but let's be reasonable).

I was actually considering a D for longevity, since there are only two V auras.

Thinking about it, we don't get aura alerts like we once did. Must make a post on that.

-1 on this!

Anything named Atlas must have a portal gun to even be considered. 

Just saying :P : Overall a interesting concept - though - but I must also say 'probably not' ideal for warframe due to the sheer fact that weapons are 99% of the damage base, abilities aren't at present, unless your Ember. I just don't see it even remotely being able to be balanced though with alot of work I'm sure it could be done alot like the Berserker in Borderlands 2. Still - though - overall an interesting concept. 

At the end of the day though, no, not unless he has a portal gun :P

DetailedLookAtlasP-Body2.jpg

Edited by Azraill

I was actually considering a D for longevity, since there are only two V auras.

Thinking about it, we don't get aura alerts like we once did. Must make a post on that.

If this frame is dual wielding rifles, the aura had better be rifle amp.

Pfft.

.Pfft..

/place portal above it's head, place portal below it's feet, watch it tumble at rapid pace and slam into the ceiling or floor and 800 miles an hour. Either the ship explodes, or it does. :P 

That is if I don't break the glass on the ship, shoot a portal at a nearby planet, and THEN shoot a portal under it's feet.. and close the portal back up GG! :P 

.Pfft..

/place portal above it's head, place portal below it's feet, watch it tumble at rapid pace and slam into the ceiling or floor and 800 miles an hour. Either the ship explodes, or it does. :P 

That is if I don't break the glass on the ship, shoot a portal at a nearby planet, and THEN shoot a portal under it's feet.. and close the portal back up GG! :P 

If said MechWarrior was good enough, an Alpha Strike with an AC/20, SRM6, LRM20 and 4 Medium Lasers will screw you over from beyond 500 meters.

Or, a single LRM20 volley from 1KM away while hiding behind a bunch of cover.

Edited by Rengakun

If said MechWarrior was good enough, an Alpha Strike with an AC/20, SRM6, LRM20 and 4 Medium Lasers will screw you over from beyond 500 meters.

Or, a single LRM20 volley from 1KM away while hiding behind a bunch of cover.

Not going to be volleying much of anything in narrow corridors my friend!

At any rate, /portal far off in any direction /portal at feet = Miss! Try again O: 

Portal defeats all Sir. Portal, defeats all. Besides, all else fails.. there is always.. 

a7e088abef0321bf0ac2c48421576ad6.jpg

Survives, anything and everything :|

It's Atlas's ult, of course. Companion Cube Shield.