Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aggressive Emblem.

Ediconum

4sp5ezul.jpg

The Rising sun flag is now Japan's naval force's flag.

But this flag has Seriously offensive means at North-East Asia.

Because, the flag means Militarism, Imperialism, Forced Colonial Dominance.

Many citizens of North-East Asia suffered under this flag with Japan's brutality.

If you don't understand this mean, I'll explain this short.

"The Rising sun flag is considered Hakenkreuz in North-East Asia."

Please, Reconsider it.

It is a Japanese national symbol and a well known image in western fanboyism. As a history major I am well aware that Imperial Japan was quite militaristic and none too friendly to its neighbors, or America for that matter, but it is still a symbol of national pride for many people and holds a much greater meaning that simple military oppression. If you are that offended over a simple image it is time to get with the times. 

Edited by inthephonebox

It is a Japanese national symbol and a well known image in western fanboyism. As a history major I am well aware that Imperial Japan was quite militaristic and none too friendly to its neighbors, or America for that matter, but it is still a symbol of national pride for many people and holds a much greater meaning that simple military oppression. If you are that offended over a simple image it is time to get with the times.

Almost the exact same thing could be said about a person whose clan emblem is a Swastika, yet DE wouldn't let that slide half a centimeter. Why is it so different with this? Because it isn't a Swastika, but instead some other offensive symbol? Edited by fishworshipper

And how do you know that is the "The Rising sun flag"??

it might be a red dot In the center of Speed lines.

some snipit of a animated show.

an energy attack in some animated show.

maybe a seen from TRON.

Me thinks yee see what you want to see, and have deemed it an issue.

Interpretation be a Cruel mistress.

last thing that should happen is Censorship based on personal interpretation of art or an image.

after all I could say that.

"did you know that the color RED is considered an aggressive color that can causes people to feel emotions like anger?  maybe all Clans should Please, Reconsider it."

might silly don't you think?

food for thought I guess.

Edited by OniDarkClown

Almost the exact same thing could be said about a person whose clan emblem is a Swastika, yet DE wouldn't let that slide half a centimeter. Why is it so different with this? Because it isn't a Swastika, but instead some other offensive symbol?

The Swastika is only offensive if you want it to be as it was not created by the nazis and is a good luck symbol to some

The swastika is a symbol of higher self, it is used in many religions including Hindu Buddhism and maybe Muslim (correct me if I'm wrong)

The swastika symbol had good meaning and intentions... people say the swastika is evil because the nazi used it, they don't realize what the swastika really represents. The Japanese rising sun had good intentions and meanings too just like the swastika... but its true meaning is now mis-understood.

Edited by SwigglySwiggly

Almost the exact same thing could be said about a person whose clan emblem is a Swastika, yet DE wouldn't let that slide half a centimeter. Why is it so different with this? Because it isn't a Swastika, but instead some other offensive symbol?

to be fair, the nazi swastika is not in use by any country today while the japanese rising sun is still in use by japans navy. so if nothing else we can take it on the grounds that there is a nation that supports their military. its no different than us americans putting our flag on everything the way we do.

The Swastika is only offensive if you want it to be as it was not created by the nazis and is a good luck symbol to some

its sad that people who dont know the origin of symbols are always the first to come out and say "thats offensive".

ill defer back to my original statement... i dont want to live on this planet anymore.

Edited by alchemistjkt

4sp5ezul.jpg

The Rising sun flag is now Japan's naval force's flag.

But this flag has Seriously offensive means at North-East Asia.

Because, the flag means Militarism, Imperialism, Forced Colonial Dominance.

Many citizens of North-East Asia suffered under this flag with Japan's brutality.

If you don't understand this mean, I'll explain this short.

"The Rising sun flag is considered Hakenkreuz in North-East Asia."

Please, Reconsider it.

You can pay them to change it then ;p

The swastika is a symbol of higher self, it is used in many religions including Hindu Buddhism and maybe Muslim (correct me if I'm wrong)

The swastika symbol had good meaning and intentions... people say the swastika is evil because the nazi used it, they don't realize what the swastika really represents. The Japanese rising sun had good intentions and meanings too just like the swastika... but its true meaning is now mis-understood.

I know what a Swastika is.

And the fact that it's hurtful and insulting to some yet good to others only makes it more valid as an example.

His point is that Germany is ashamed of its history, where Japan is not. Ask the modern Japanese, and they could not tell you about the Rape of Nanking. Ask the modern German, and they could tell you about the Nazi atrocities. The Japanese government is trying to make the world forget about what happened, where Germany is keeping their citizens aware of what happened, so that it does not happen again. The Japanese government is not ashamed. That is the difference.

His point is that Germany is ashamed of its history, where Japan is not. Ask the modern Japanese, and they could not tell you about the Rape of Nanking. Ask the modern German, and they could tell you about the Nazi atrocities. The Japanese government is trying to make the world forget about what happened, where Germany is keeping their citizens aware of what happened, so that it does not happen again. The Japanese government is not ashamed. That is the difference.

And his point is relevant to the discussion how?

What would a Kuwaiti say to seeing the Iraqi flag?

What would a Indonesian say to seeing the French flag?

What would a Pole say to seeing the Russian flag?

What would a Japanese say to seeing the Chinese flag?

What would a person with a morally or ideologically opposing say to seeing a symbol of their current and/or past opponents?

Symbols aren't actions or words. They are signs, rally points, identification. Banning a symbol does not staunch ideology. Everytime one symbol is forbidden, another one can be made up. Everytime one element of identification is prohibited, another one takes its place. POWs running their fingers through their hair instead of a salute. Neonazis in Germany wearing clothes of Thor Steinar rather than Swastika armbands. Resistance fighters whistling a certain tune.

it is not about the symbols, it is about the ideology. And as long as those people don't come and occupy your country and murder you, let them have that symbol. They have every right to be wrong and misled aslong as they don't harm others.

What would a Kuwaiti say to seeing the Iraqi flag?

What would a Indonesian say to seeing the French flag?

What would a Pole say to seeing the Russian flag?

What would a Japanese say to seeing the Chinese flag?

What would a person with a morally or ideologically opposing say to seeing a symbol of their current and/or past opponents?

Symbols aren't actions or words. They are signs, rally points, identification. Banning a symbol does not staunch ideology. Everytime one symbol is forbidden, another one can be made up. Everytime one element of identification is prohibited, another one takes its place. POWs running their fingers through their hair instead of a salute. Neonazis in Germany wearing clothes of Thor Steinar rather than Swastika armbands. Resistance fighters whistling a certain tune.

it is not about the symbols, it is about the ideology. And as long as those people don't come and occupy your country and murder you, let them have that symbol. They have every right to be wrong and misled aslong as they don't harm others.

So then it is allowed to have a Swastika-like symbol? I myself think that this symbol looks awesome. It's a shame it is "banned" from humanity. Hope someday everyone forgets about this and we could use that as a symbol again, rather than a sign of fear and disgrace.

So then it is allowed to have a Swastika-like symbol? I myself think that this symbol looks awesome. It's a shame it is "banned" from humanity. Hope someday everyone forgets about this and we could use that as a symbol again, rather than a sign of fear and disgrace.

I am not DE, nor am I the one judging the emblems. A black swastika on a white circle on a red square is not allowed, no never ever, not at all. Personally, I would suggest that DE rules out all religious, political and sexual images and let that cover nationalities as much as ideologies.