Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idles Animations!

[DE]gefu

Hey everyone, (this Geoff for anyone unaware)

Firstly thanks for all the feedback, I've been following it very closely. I totally appreciate the mixed feelings with these changes and admittedly think I may have gone about it wrong waiting too long to force changes on people's characters.

So! Moving forward its probably best to make idles a customization choice in the arsenal. What we are thinking is each warframe will share a default idle (the old animation and the one Excalibur currently uses) then provide 2 custom stances for each warframe; a tall one and one that's more compressed maybe theming them as "noble" and "agile"....still trying to work that out.

The idle anims help with the role playing aspect to these characters and providing more choice rather than pushing a personality onto them will serve much better. I'm *hoping* we can have this ready to roll out in the next week, should be able to.....and yes we will for sure take in the feedback and adjust the current idles in game also :)

Thanks for the support

Neato. Sounds good, thanks.

Also, nice a-vor-tar! :D

Edit: I'm curious, regarding these new idles and the addition of some unique "personalities," does this mean each frame is eventually going to get its own entire animation set (sprinting, jumping, knockdown recovery, etc.)?

Edited by Meenmu

That is brilliant, definitely a step in the right direction. More customisation options!

If I may ask, would it be possible to add even more alternate animations later on? Like for walking/running or maybe even melee fighting styles, purely visual. You could even monetise it. Saints Row 2 style :D

A win-win situation, definitely the best option. I like the idea you suggested; having a 'tall' or 'noble' stance, and having a 'compressed' or 'agile' stance to choose from. This would be great, adding more depth and customization to a Frame, this will really help people personalize their Frames.

Thank you Geoff, and everyone else at DE, for continuing to listen to us.

Thank God Geoff!!! That's a good decision!

The only new stance that is well done is that of Saryn. The rest are awful!

Mostly because the polygon mesh is stretched in impossible locations. Many limbs look contorted.

Worst is Volt's neck. It looks like twice broken. Nobody can have such a neck and still be alive.

Suggestion for general stances:

Relaxed (the original one), Cautious, Agressive, Meditative

Please don't mess too much with Nova now that you've straightened her up, I very much like her new posture (while holding primary). The dojo idle you can do whatever you want with, but please don't revert her back to the slouchy posture again!

Thanks!