Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Custom Warframes!

Tarudizer

Hello! I have split my EXTREMELY big wall of text (https://forums.warfr...ons/#entry74846) into smaller sections, and in this part I'd like to raise a few points and add some fan-made warframe suggestions!
Fan-made WARFRAMES

I really enjoy writing ideas for games (as a future gaming designer, this is a good thing!) and obviously, I have done just that for Warframe as well! In this I have come up with the idea of "skill mods", similar to how Diablo 3 runes affect how a skill works.

CYCLOPS
A very high damage warframe with strong single target and area of effect abilities.
1) Laser
Cyclops fires a beam of intense energy from his eye, dealing heavy damage to enemies in a line.
- Upgrading this skill increases the push force and distance traveled.
(Cyclops initially starts the beam directly in front of him on the ground and then quickly moves up. Ignores armor and deals fire damage.)
MOD : Short Sighted - The laser now explodes, dealing more damage to enemies directly in front of you.
MOD : Tunnel Vision - Constantly fire a weaker beam of fire to damage anyone in front of you for a short duration.
MOD : Focus - Shoots the laser in a straight line for as long as you press the button.
MOD : Third Eye - Fire beams from your arms as well, creating a wider beam that hits more people.
MOD : Eye Roll - Quickly spin while firing the laser, hitting everyone in a 360 degree around you for reduced damage.
2) Missile
Fire a missile that travels forward, exploding when it collides with a solid object or enemy and dealing damage in the area.
- Upgrading this skill increases the damage done.
MOD : Little Friend - Fire a small, but really quick missile into an enemy, dealing heavy damage to it.
MOD : Homing Missiles - Releases an array of small missiles that homes in on nearby enemies.
MOD : Poison Gas - The rocket now releases a poison gas that deals damage over time in a larger area.
3) Disintegrate
Cyclops disintegrates his weapons, and uses empowered lasers coming from his hands instead for the duration. Shots fired and attacks made while active ignores armor and deals bonus lightning and fire damage.
- Upgrading this skill increases the area of effect and damage of the skill.
(Cyclops is slightly hovering while skill is active, and uses laser versions coming from his hands when he attacks in melee, or shoots plasma balls.)
MOD : Glass Cannon - Cyclops takes 20% more damage, but deals 50% more damage while active.
4) Explosion
Spend some of your shield to detonate an explosion that deals heavy damage to nearby enemies.
- Upgrading this skill increases the area of effect and damage of the skill.
MOD : Selfdestruct - Spend all of your remaining shield to increase the damage of the explosion.
MOD : Martyr - Take damage to your health instead, but also regenerates the shield of all teammates.
MOD : Charge - Charge the ability to deal damage based on the amount of time you spend charging it up. No longer spends any of your shield. Damage is at 50% if cast right away, and 200% if charged up for more than 4 seconds.

FREIA
An offensive support, suitable for players who like to support teammates while in the tick of battle. I have very few Mod ideas currently for Freia, but feel free to suggest some!
1) Stranglethorn
Thorny roots bursts from the ground, grasping the enemy and disabling it's movement while dealing damage over time.
- Upgrading this skill increases the damage over time.
MOD : Thorn Bush - Spread to several targets near the first one, but deals less damage.
2) Oak Shield
Cover yourself or a friendly target in layers of wood, each one protects the target for a small amount of damage, which then heals the target when broken by damage.
- Upgrading this skill increases the amount of layers by 1 and the health each layer heals when breaking.
(Starts out with 3 layers.)
3) Lifegiving Tree
Plant a seed on the ground that takes in nourishment when enemies die. The seed will slowly grow into a small tree, but with quickly wither if no enemies are dying, or after a set duration. The tree heals teammates based on its size.
- Upgrading this skill increases the healing of the tree.
MOD : Growth - No longer requires the nourishment of dead enemies to grow, but heals for less.
MOD : Revival - Revives an enemy instantly when they are downed at the cost of the trees life,
4) Nature's Wrath
Vicious man-eating plants sprout from the ground that targets nearby enemies and swallows them whole.
- Upgrading this skill increases the area of effect.

LANDSLIDE
A defensive powerhouse capable of taking lots of punishment. Supposed to be a tank, similar to Rhino and Frost, I don't have that many mods for this guy either.
1) Stone Spear
Throw a thick spear of stone that impales an enemy.
MOD : Spikes - The spear shatter, turning into smaller spears that hit several enemies, but for less damage.
2) Rock Solid
Form a heavy layer of rock around you with a seperate healthbar that protects you from damage but reduces movement speed untill broken.
- Upgrading this skill increases the health of the shield.
MOD : Break - The health of the shield is reduced, but when the shield is broken by damage it deals damage to surrounding enemies.
3) Stone Wall
Greates a wall of solid stone in front of Landslide, blocking everyone and everything to move past it.
- Upgrading this skill increases the duration of the wall.
4) Earthquake
A powerful earthquake shakes the ground violently, continuesly staggering and knocking down enemies while dealing damage over time.
- Upgrading this skill increases the duration and damage.
(Only affects ground units.)
MOD : Fissure - Deals more damage, but no longer knocks down enemies.

NIGHTMARE
A terrifying Warframe perfectly suited to destroy heavy armored enemies.
1) Void
Shadows grasp the target, disabling movement while dealing damage over time.
- Upgrading this skill increases the damage over time.
(An enemy killed by Void is slowly sucked inside the shadow on the floor, leaving nothing behind. Except loot, of course.)
MOD : Shunned by the Light - Does less damage in bright areas and more damage in darker areas.
MOD : Consume - Hold the button to drain the health of an enemy over time.
2) Shadow Power
Envelop yourself in shadows, granting your attacks bonus armor penetration.
- Upgrading this skill increases the duration of the skill and armor penetration bonus.
3) Enfeeble
Reduces the damage done by nearby enemies, and increases the damage done by you for each enemy.
- Upgrading this skill increases the duration of the skill and percentage bonus.
MOD - Siphon - Drains some health and shield, while reducing the original effect by half.
4) Black Hole
You turn into a black hole, attempting to suck in nearby enemies while dealing damage. Deals more damage the closer enemies are to you.
- Upgrading this skill increases the damage and area of effect and strength of the pull.
MOD - World by Darkness - Decreases the damage and strength of the pull, but instantly kills enemies who get too close.

TEMPEST
Uses the cutting power of vicious winds to slice up his enemies and toss them around like plushie toys. Wind spells are physical and deal bonus damage to low armor.
1) Air Slash
A small torrent of wind cuts a single enemy apart, dealing heavy damage.
1) Gust
Launch enemies flying, dealing minor initial damage and additional damage as they crash into objects.
- Upgrading this skill increases the push force and distance traveled.
(Only knocks down heavy's. Useful to knock down enemies into pits, fire, Landslide's wall, etc)
MOD : Wind Shear - Reduces the knockback distance, but increases the initial damage.
3) Swift as the Wind
Tempest moves with the speed of wind, running much faster for a short duration. While running, bullets fired at you have a chance to bounce off and hit nearby enemies.
- Upgrading this skill increases the duration and likelyhood of bullets to be thrown at an enemy.
MOD : Wind Blade - Your melee attacks with cutting weapons deal bonus damage and have longer range while active.
4) Hurricane
A powerful torrent of wind picks up and sends enemies flying helplessly around the room. The enemies also take damage from the cutting wind and when they are thrown into objects.
- Upgrading this skill increases the damage and area of effect.
MOD : Twister - The wind follows you, but has a shorter area of effect.

If you want to destroy your poor eyes, check out my other posts about gameplay, UI, warframes, weapons and even custom weapons!

Full Post including UI and Map/missions (Warning: Massive!) : https://forums.warfr...ons/#entry74846
Gameplay : https://forums.warfr...ack/#entry75959
Warframes : https://forums.warfr...ack/#entry75961
Weapons and Custom Weapons : https://forums.warfr...custom-weapons/
Custom Warframes : https://forums.warfr...mes/#entry75973

Edited by Tarudizer

I like those ideas. Landslide, Tempest, Frost, and Volt. Sounds like a Elemental hellzone, but Don't you think Hurricane on Tempests seems a tad bit much? It follows you and throws things around? Sounds too much thats like if they gave Volt an offensive lightning barrier that stays around him everywhere he goes and blows up anyone that comes close in a Godly fashion. Which be very epic, but I find it too much. What if the hurricane is a one time deal? as in you use it in one spot and it stays there for a very short period of time throwing things about and stopping enemies from following you and eventully goes away. It would make Tempest alot less Godly.

I love the idea of Nightmare and Tempest, gotta agree with Arlayn on the Hurricane skill though, seemed a bit over the top.

Not too sure about the treehugger and rock warframe either. How would Freia grow roots and stuff from a ship's hull? And what good is stone against scifi weaponry? "sticks and stones" if you will. :P

I love the idea of Nightmare and Tempest, gotta agree with Arlayn on the Hurricane skill though, seemed a bit over the top.

Not too sure about the treehugger and rock warframe either. How would Freia grow roots and stuff from a ship's hull? And what good is stone against scifi weaponry? "sticks and stones" if you will. :P

Yeah they ARE kind of pushing it, for sure. I knew that while writing stuff down, really, buuuut it would also be cool, in my opinion! If in the future you can shoot fire from your hands, then why not, right

Yeah they ARE kind of pushing it, for sure. I knew that while writing stuff down, really, buuuut it would also be cool, in my opinion! If in the future you can shoot fire from your hands, then why not, right

Or rather when {not "if", stay positive!} we get planetary levels or bio-domes and such, that'd be the perfect environment. I just can't quite figure how would it fit in with the lore. Could Technocyte Virus funk up people that much? ;o

Theres no way a Tenno would ever think of using the tchnocyte virus. They seem like the honorable type as if deep in tradition. Protectors in a way to prevent mass deaths or extinctions. Due to the fact they only awaken during great wars. Its still a tad bit much to have a wind shield following you around. Now that I think about Rock abilites and Tree abilites might not work so good in the middle of space on a ship. The lighting being shot out of a hand is explainable but random trees and boulders... to a degree I can see it happening in the mining asteroids but thats it outside of that it would be impossable.

Theres no way a Tenno would ever think of using the tchnocyte virus. They seem like the honorable type as if deep in tradition.

All tenno are infected with the technocyte virus already, that's how we get our "powers". It's even worse in Dark Sector :/ virus everywhere with funky mutated pseudo-tenno types around.

The powers with the virus makes me think of Prototype... though PT has transforming powers wich is cool. but nothing as awesome as the Tenno have :P playing Dark Sector myself. though im finding it difficult due to the glaive puzzels. (Seriously puzzels needing the hard to use after touch in an action game o.o its fine if you werent stuck with a timer on a sinking ship :D )

Dark Sector myself. though im finding it difficult due to the glaive puzzels. (Seriously puzzels needing the hard to use after touch in an action game o.o its fine if you werent stuck with a timer on a sinking ship :D )

Off-topic: I stopped playing Dark Sector pretty quickly when I figured that all firearms blow in your face because of the self-destruction thingy on them and that I had to go through the game using my dodgy powers lol. "No thank you, I'd rather play Warframe".

• 4 months later...

Ironically, I'm just writing up an Earth-based frame myself that I've been considering for a while- 3/4 of the powers are pretty much exactly the same as the ones you described for Landslide- total coincidence.

I do like the ideas you have for a lot of them- both the basic powers and the mods.  Tree of Life, especially, is kinda awesome.