Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Introducing: The Cat Frame [W/ Skill Details/gifs]

perempt

2s1oo5w.png

However silly and ridiculous this thread is, THIS image is badass as F*CK and deserves massive props. I'd legitimately be interested in playing whatever that frame becomes.

signed seriously great work on that image.

Zylo the Wolfbane

I agree, jokes aside I would definitely play as as this frame.

• 2 weeks later...

It's an interesting idea, and I rather like the basic idea of Fury Swipes and... Kitty Committee? But...

1) Her 1st ability flat-out doesn't affect infested? No other frame has a power so limiting... I know the oft-repeated complaints about Volt being lackluster against non-corpus, but he's not completely useless and I actually like him. This is, at least for me, enough of a reason to be seriously skeptical of the frame in and of itself. And against the enemies this DOES affect, it's insanely powerful. No counterattacks for a full 13 seconds at max level, while bringing them into clusters in range of melee weapons like Hate and Fragor?

2) Her 2nd ability is channeled? How exactly does THAT work? I've designed "channeled" abilities on some of my frames, but in all of those cases it was more a buff or debuff maintained by occasionally recasting it to add slightly to the duration. That setup doesn't work nearly as well with a direct damage ability. Are you suggesting I hold the 2 key for the whole duration I want Fury Swipes active? But that occupies one of the fingers I use to move! I can't hold the button AND move around, not the same way I can take a second to tap a key with whichever finger isn't currently occupied with my movement. Combined with it's area of effect, armor ignoring damage (what exactly does that mean? there is no true armor ignore. Physics impact? Armor Piercing? Serrated Blade?), and rather rapid rate of fire, thats some rather serious damage for a second ability, particularly of the costs you've lined out.

3) So Rhino Skin with even more ignored damage, AND helps protect your team-mates, too? Seems a little bit overpowered.

4) This is in essence a super-charged Shadows of the Dead. And the clones... get all the bonuses of your melee weapon? Do you realize how easy it would be to exploit this fact with a potatoed melee weapon such as Hate? Guaranteed stagger on ancients, massive charge damage, swings that hit multiple targets... Plus, since you seem to have built her like a tank, there is no reason not to have Redirection and Vitality on her, making these clones quite durable while they cause their mayhem. One of these clones would be formidable. But four? I'm thinking of a commonly used four-letter word in video game slang; it starts with the letter R, and is one I'm normally completely uncomfortable even hinting at but is the only appropriate descriptor for this ability.

EDIT: I realize that a lot of people are treating this as a joking suggestion, but I really wasn't sure how Peremptor meant it. I know that the people who directed me here sure as heck didn't think it was a joke. I personally found your descriptions, combined with the gifs, quite cute and funny, Peremptor.

Edited by Siubijeni

first, thank you for the feedback :)

energy costs and ability power/ damage/ duration can alll be balanced out later.

i merely provided a concept, BEFORE, nekro came out i might add. i couldnt have known that they would have a skill like shadows of the dead lol..

It's an interesting idea, and I rather like the basic idea of Fury Swipes and... Kitty Committee? But...

1) Her 1st ability flat-out doesn't affect infested? No other frame has a power so limiting... I know the oft-repeated complaints about Volt being lackluster against non-corpus, but he's not completely useless and I actually like him. This is, at least for me, enough of a reason to be seriously skeptical of the frame in and of itself. And against the enemies this DOES affect, it's insanely powerful. No counterattacks for a full 13 seconds at max level, while bringing them into clusters in range of melee weapons like Hate and Fragor?

You could say it is insanely powerful, but also limiting?  IMO it IS powerful but it only affects people in line of sight... and doesnt affect infested. how many things do you often kill with nyx ult? probably 5 at max since it is affected by line of sight. this ability is simply bastille with line of sight which synergize with kitty committee, ill get to that later. Her 2nd ability is for taking care of infested. Also how many level 1 skills do you actually see that are useful. I think there are too many that are not useful, so naturally you think this is op.

2) Her 2nd ability is channeled? How exactly does THAT work? I've designed "channeled" abilities on some of my frames, but in all of those cases it was more a buff or debuff maintained by occasionally recasting it to add slightly to the duration. That setup doesn't work nearly as well with a direct damage ability. Are you suggesting I hold the 2 key for the whole duration I want Fury Swipes active? But that occupies one of the fingers I use to move! I can't hold the button AND move around, not the same way I can take a second to tap a key with whichever finger isn't currently occupied with my movement. Combined with it's area of effect, armor ignoring damage (what exactly does that mean? there is no true armor ignore. Physics impact? Armor Piercing? Serrated Blade?), and rather rapid rate of fire, thats some rather serious damage for a second ability, particularly of the costs you've lined out.

These variables are all up to the devs to decide. its the same damage tick rate of ember's fire shield / ult. change it to a toggle if you want lol.

3) So Rhino Skin with even more ignored damage, AND helps protect your team-mates, too? Seems a little bit overpowered.

Doesnt seem overpowered to me. you pretty much have mag's bullet attractor so the shield wont last that long. and level 100+ enemies? dont think this will be anywhere as overpowered as say... nyx chaos..

4) This is in essence a super-charged Shadows of the Dead. And the clones... get all the bonuses of your melee weapon? Do you realize how easy it would be to exploit this fact with a potatoed melee weapon such as Hate? Guaranteed stagger on ancients, massive charge damage, swings that hit multiple targets... Plus, since you seem to have built her like a tank, there is no reason not to have Redirection and Vitality on her, making these clones quite durable while they cause their mayhem. One of these clones would be formidable. But four? I'm thinking of a commonly used four-letter word in video game slang; it starts with the letter R, and is one I'm normally completely uncomfortable even hinting at but is the only appropriate descriptor for this ability.

alright at first it seems quite overpowered with doing 100% melee dmg. HOWEVER. you have to realize that it spawns with only 30% of your shields and health. ( which seem rather low ) So even if they decide to make the frame as tanky as rhino with like 1000 shields 800 health. take 30% of that and what do u get? not much. 4 of them will basically be another one of you. SURE you can build it to perma stun mobs.. but that requires at least SOME strategy right? unlike other ults where you press 1 button and everything dies/become cc'ed, vaubaun, saryn, nova? again. these values are not set in stone lol. you would have to charm grineer/corpus first before you use this or else your clones will melt faster than icecream on a stove.

EDIT: I realize that a lot of people are treating this as a joking suggestion, but I really wasn't sure how Peremptor meant it. I know that the people who directed me here sure as heck didn't think it was a joke. I personally found your descriptions, combined with the gifs, quite cute and funny, Peremptor.

In conclusion i made this frame with lvl 50+ in mind. every frame kills level 20s 30s 40s without problem when maxed out anyways.

I wanted the frame to have just a little more thinking involved than others. I made the first skill completely useless against infested, because i realized that the other skills would be insanely strong against infested.

against grineer, you would have to use your fur armor wisely, it most likely will not last long if you are overwhelmed.

and the ult? i really don't think it would be overpowered at all, in fact rather weak if you look at it. the clones can only melee/ use the skills at 30% effectiveness. assuming most people average out at 300-600 hp/shield that is not a lot of survival compared to shadow of the dead. might have to increase the values a bit. Again, there's a little thinking involved, you would have to charm grineer/corpus first before you use this or else your clones will melt faster than icecream on a stove.

I wanted the skills to actually synergize with each other instead of just "why would i use my 1 skill if my ult kills everything else."