Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spirit Of The Prime: Weapon Passives

ForumSmurf

TLDR: I have long sought to tackle the problem of weapon diversity. However all efforts have been futile barring buffing and nerfing all weapons to equalize the DPS playing field. I realized the irony of this method because essentally what happens is that every weapon is merely a cosmetic skin of eachother providing similar dps/dp-bullet. As a designer i run into catch-22. As gamer's we want diversity, but also as gamers we only want the best item.

I'm under immense conviction that giving weapons unique passives would solve this problem and and at the same instance open up so much more possibility. This system will also gives mastery rank a purpose. My design philosophy is that the more possibility you forge, the more opportunity for strategy to appear. Skip down to weapon passives if you do not wish to read.The passive will be called "Spirit of the Prime". Once a weapon reaches lvl 30, after an additional 400 kills a weapon's spirit will ascend into prime-hood and join it's legendary brothers. If the weapon is potato-ed  it will only need 200 kills. Additionally you only unlock 10% the passive's power each mastery rank and the full passive at mastery rank 10.

Original art by me for the Login event. Could also be new login for a "Spirit of the Prime" update.

20772vt.jpg

Reasons

So i was thinking long and hard today about what weapon i should equip and the age old question kept popping up in my mind, which pistol will net me more dps and a decent ammo efficiency so i don't run dry prematurely......pun intended. The revelation that swiftly came was a simple one. This clearly sucks; let's design a system that will allow for even more diversity. 

The weapon system that warframe implore's is leaps and bounds already better than most mmo's. Since every weapon is at the very least viable, you're not pidgeon holed into one particular weapon that is the highest level. So why not expand on this concept of variety and abundance even further? 

The current problem right now is that once you start running high lvl missions & nightmare modes, dps is paramount or else you simply can't kill anything. For those of you running tier 3 void defense mission's right now you probably know what i'm talking about. I can barely finish that with 8 ammo packs while clinging to the strap of my boots.

So what logically and naturally happens is that about 20% of the weapons are deemed viable and the rest are simply not viable due to severely putting oneself at a dps/dpb (damage per bullet) disadvantage and possibly risking loosing that tier 3 void defense mission.

I had a few good ideas such as balancing the ammo pool of each gun. But i realized this was just an intricate play on numbers and doesn't really open up any possibilities. At that point its all about dps you might as well just buff the dps of a terrible gun. I wanted a solution that would change the way we thought about weapon combinations. 

The best idea i came up with, to expand the realm of possibly, was to simply give every weapon a purpose. This way when you select a weapon you are actually selecting a purpose rather than contemplating whether if this weapon has more dps than that weapon or ect. Inversely this will alleviate the urgency to pump out new and stronger weapons. Rather a new weapon is merely different.

Methods

To keep my idea's interesting i'll explain each weapon passive design choice and why it works with that weapon. Also I'm starting with pistols because i love pistols. It is my fullest intention to give every single weapon in its weapon class, a unique passive to prevent it from competing with other weapons on a purely dps scale. 

The process i took was a simple one. Guns that are deemed the lowest tier of quality such as single lato's/single furis'/single boltos it's quite evident no matter what buff's you give you can never buff it significantly enough to equal the likes of kunai/despair/acrid. So i decided to give these weapons a way to compete on a non dps plane.

Secondly the strongest pistols currently deemed the highest tier of quality, instead of buffing their dps I found a way to give them additional situational dps. For example first shot of magazine of kunai gains +70% is situational dps. It sounds alot but truely on a boss it will only increase dps by 7%. Reloading for each shot will merely give ammo efficiency. Where this passive shines is when you are clearing rooms and from the time you kill a target to the time you pick a new target, if you reload, you will highly be rewarded. 

Additionally weapons that are middle tier. Decent but not quite top tier such as Kraken and Lex. I have chossen to give them more powerful passives than top tier weapons to equalize and balance them. It's mathmatically clear the Kraken is not on par with the kunai so i gave the Kraken a 50% increase in dps which i think will equalize the two. 

Lastly i try to avoid straight forward situations at all costs. These situations include......"i need lots and lots of movement speed, lets equip 3 weapons with passives that give movement speed so i can run like +200% faster". This situation will never happen. I intend to give the majority of the weapons very unique passives that really let it shine under specific combat situations that furthar enhance the dps of that particular playstyle.

Sniper<-----DONE

Paris: Each shot causes a 15 meter shockwave that deals 5% of base affected by mods aoe around user.

The Paris is akin to a mighty lionest. Her arrows are lethal just as her roar is piercing.

At mastery rank 10 is 50%.

This passive has clear benefits. The perfect passive for an infested mission. If a mob is close enough, they will take the base damage of the gun + the aoe damage for a total of 150%. 

Paris Prime: 25 meter radius, all allies benefit from 2% more attack speed on primary weapon. In addition, the paris prime gains 2% more attack speed per prime primary weapon you own that also has its spirit unlocked, self included.

Incarnate from the most legedary and anchient of marksmen, stand in the presence of the Paris Prime and reap the benefits from observing her flawless form and technique.

At mastery rank 10 is 20 % and and additional 20%.

The paris prime has 50% more base damage than the paris so i think its in a great spot in terms of power. Instead of giving it more damage i deciding to give it an attack speed aura for primary weapons. The user itself benefits from double the stats for a whopping 60% faster draw rate. 

Dread: Every 5 seconds Dread paints one random target in a 25 meter aoe for 5 seconds. This target will be bright red and receive +8% from dread and 2% damage from all other sources. The additional 2% damage works for all ally sources. Dread can paint the same target unlimited times as long as there are no other targets in range else Dread will switch between them.

Sinister and Dredful is the Dread. A phantom with a mind of its own....you are actually its weapon.

At mastery rank 10 is 80% and 20%  

This passive doesn't add as much dps as the vulkar's passive because it only paints a target randomly every 7 seconds, but works for other sources of damage so is great in combination of your whole kit and for team bossing.

Snipetron: If first shot does not kill target. Consecutive shots deal + 6%. Does not stack and resets on new target.

They say persistence is a form desperation. But in combat, there is no facility for glory. The Snipetron is relentless in his persuit.

At mastery rank 10 is 60%.

The perfect passive for the sniper lover. I had always felt sniping weapons lacked impressive wow factor that a 50 caliber sniper should have. One would counter argue that oh my sniper does 5k per shot, but i'm using my gut and experiences in t3 void defence and that 5k still doesn't quite kill a lvl 110 anchient that "impressively". I think this will give snipetron extra punch and hide that extra power through only activating on second shot so that means only super tanky mobs. Since snipetron only has 4 ammo and reloads really long this will not be overpowered compared to other primaries.

Snipetron Vandal: If target is 20 meters or furthar away from user, snipetron vandal will deal 4% extra damage. Additionally if a target is closer than 20 meters, the bullet would pass straight through them. Puncture only works up until 20 meters.

N/A

At mastery rank 10 is 40% damage.

The perfect sniper weapon for a mad power caster. Snipetron vandal sports 100% faster reload and 25% more damage than the regular snipetron so i believe not giving snipetron vandal a dps boast won't hurt it that badly. This still gives it decent damage boast when it matters. 

Vulkar: Shots to weakspots will deal +9% damage.

A wraith of Grinner inception...a blood fiend. The Vulkar covenant has carved a new chaptor of grineer dominance.  

At mastery rank 10 is 90%.

Vulkar reloads excruxiatingly slow and also does no armor pierce. This passive will at the very least reward the best marksman. Mathematically i don't think this passive will make this the defacto weapon. It only puts it at 250 base which is 50 more than a lanka and and you don't see people flocking over to the lanka. In fact i just finished leveling my lanka and dumped it in favor of the snipetron.

Lanka: Each additional second of charge does +7% more base. Maximum of 3 additional seconds for a total of +21%.

An abomination to the astra spirits, the Lanka was forged with no soul. But within its inception a new protocol has manefested to the astral planes. Protocol 9..."The Machine Spirit".

At mastery rank 10 is +70% for one second max +210% for three seconds.

I did the math on this passive and virtually adds no dps. It only gives the user more play style options. He can charge before the monsters arrives or while walking around and the first monster will instantly die. This will definitely give a new flavor to how one perceives sniping. 

Secondary Weapon<-----DONE

Lato: Gives primary and secondary 2% more damage.

The Lato is a very reserved soul. But do not mistaken her passivity with compliance else you'll find yourself dead.  

At rank mastery 10 is 20%.

This gun isn't exactly a dps powerhouse. One would choose to wield this pistol to support their primary. It's more of a captain's weapon. Small convenient emergency weapon to finish of a strangler when your gorgon is out of ammo. Not really a weapon you choose to pull out often in the thick of combat.

Aklato: Gives primary and secondary 3% faster reload.

The spirit of the Aklato walk's through time itself, legend says her latos never even need to reload.

At mastery rank 10 is 30%.

My vision for the Lato series is more a support pistol class. The dual aklato is a pretty neat gun. Every stat is average from damage to attack speed to clip size. This passive would give it a neat boast to your overall loadout. 

Lato Prime: Allies 30 meter's around the user will have 2% more movement speed. In addition, the Lato Prime will gain +1% damage for every prime secondary weapon you own that also has its spirit unlocked, self included.

To be one with the Lato Prime is to be one with the wind. Tested from a millennia of combat, her presence invigorates her allies.

At mastery rank 10 is 20% and +10% damage .

The lato prime is a nice weapon. One would use this to get to the objective and extraction quickly.  

Lato Vandal: N/A

N/A

N/A

N/A

Twin Gremlin: After 9 rounds{multishot procs the counter}, target is disarmed. Once disarmed, target will recieve 4% additional damage from Twin Gremlin and 2% from all other sources including allies.

N/A

At mastery rank 10 is 40% for Twin Gremlim and 20% for all other sources. 

N/A

Kunai: On first shot of magazine. does 7% more damage.

A voiceless spirit is the Kunai. He is calculative, precise and deadly.

At mastery rank 10 is 70%.

Kunai is a silent tactical killer, it had always lacked the punch that other one shot silent weapons possess. This way you can still silently assasinate high lvl mobs in one shot for some awesome ninja action. Mathematically this would only add 7% DPS to an entire clip and reloading for each shot will not increase dps because of reload time and will only increase bullet economy. By adding very little extra dps, the kunai has a much expanded playstyle options.

Hikou: Wall running and wall climbing costs 4% less stamina. When wall running user is a nimble ninja therefore takes 4% less damage. When sliding  Haikou does  4% more damage. When walking, sprinting, or standing still, Haikou attacks 4% faster. When in the air, Haikou reloads 4% faster. User can vertical wall  climb infinite distances limited only by stamina.

The Hikou is an anchient poet. Massacre is his poetry and fittingly his finest work dubbed...... "Journey of a Thousand Bodies".

At mastery rank 10 is 40% for all values.

The Haikou is fast deadly and the ultimate amalgamation of ninja-ness. Sporting one of these makes the user an absolute badass ninja. also infinite vertical wall climb. I believe this is blanced because this this weapon will be at a severe dps/dp-bullet disadvantage so the passive it brings must be worth it all on its own.  

Despair: First shot to a target will do 5% more damage. All subsequent shots will deal normal damage

A shade drifting the abyss. It is said should one wield his power they would transcend the Orokin mandate.

At mastery rank 10 is 50%.

This makes a despair a powerhouse that perhaps can even replace a primary weapon. Turn the corner and put the blades into a group of people and watch them fall. Mathmatically increases the dps of regular room clearing play extremely high however, will benefit very little to hp spounges and boss' which i believe not make this the defacto weapon. 

Spectra: The spectra does 2% extra damage to shields. When attacking enemy shields the spectra also drains 4 shields per second from the target and gives it to the user. This drain is not affected by mods but does damage to the target and regenerates user's shields by the same amount.

N/A

At mastery rank 10 is 20% additional damage and 40 shield drain per second.

N/A

Bolto: Abilties cost 2% less. Also if an enemy has been affected by any spell before(yours or from an ally), they will recieve 4% additional damage from the bolto.

The Bolto is a kindred entity. Enlightened through a century of meditation. It is not the bullets she fires that one should fear. It is her sharp mind and tongue that will penetrate your armor.  

At mastery rank 10 is 20% and 40%.

Placed at the bottom tier of dps for pistols this will give the bolto a clear purpose. Equip this to become an ability casting powerhouse.

Akbolto: Abilities last 3% longer. After casting a spell, for 7 seconds the Akbolto gains 3% additional damage.

Twin spirits eternally link. The Akbolto is a duo entity of overhwhelming archane energy

At mastery rank 10 is 30% and 30%.

Acrid: Abilties do 3% more damage. Additionally if an enemy has been hit by the acrid, abilties will deal an additional 3% more damage to this target.

Technolyte and Tenno, a combination deemed abominable; the Acrid is the embodiment of a lost soul. Is it Tenno or is it an monster?

At mastery rank 10 is 30% and 30%.

The acrid is placed at the top tier of pistol dps. I don't think it needs more dps. I've decided to give it situational dps. This time not giving the gun itself situational dps but the gun benefits casting. I think this would put it in a good place. Because it is stronger than the bolto by miles, i'm giving it the less strategical passive. 

Kraken: If both bullets of a single burst lands, the bullets explode giving additional base 5 for a total of base 45 +45 +5.

Born from fire and agony deep within the Grineer forge planets, the Kraken is a volitile creature. Juvenile and primal, to wield the Kraken is to submit to its rage.

At mastery rank 10 is 50.

The user of a Kraken loves power and loves damage and especially loves killing mobs with the Kraken and not her primary weapon. The Kraken stands a significant dps distance behind the kunai/despair so i don't believe giving the Kraken a 50% increase in dps overpowered.

Bronco: Every attack made by the bronco gives the next melee attack +3% damage. Can stack up to a maximum of three charges for a total of +9% on next melee attack. Charges are spent after a melee attack is used. This affect works in reverse as well where three consecutive sucessful melee attacks boast the bronco's damage by +3% per charge for a maximum of three charges. Charges are also spent after the bronco has fired.

An anchient warrior, the bronco cleaves his enemies with ease. Two pieces... three pieces... four pieces... he is a master of division.

Bronco is an offensive weapon and an experienced bronco user often puts herself in extreme danger. This rewards that play style by allowing her to follow up and deal with her opponent with precise and deadly melee attacks. I find that often when i'm wielding a bronco i have little incentive to melee because the bronco provides such a nice steady stream of point blank decapitation.

Dual Bronco: Shields never stop regenerating. If user has taken damage in last 2 seconds will regenerate at 2% capacity. If user has taken damage in last 2 seconds, user reloads 4% faster.

The monolithic titan fused from the spirits of two anchient warriors is an unyielding platform. To breach the tenno ranks is to sacrifice an army.

At mastery rank 10 will regenerate at 20% capacity and reloads 40% faster when underfire.

This rewards the user of a dual bronco with absolute defensive fortitude and transforms her into an unyielding powerhouse in a defense mission. I don't believe this is overpowered because it's only strong against small arms fire but heavy concentrated fire and high level boss's such as Raptor and future boss's will still be highly lethal.

Bronco Prime: Enemies 30 meter's around the user will be slowed by 2%. Additionally the bronco prime will gain +2% reload speed for each prime secondary weapon you own that also has its spirit unlocked, self included.

Council amoungs the most anchient entities, the Bronco Prime is the fist of Tenno law. There is only one law; Kneel to the Tenno or die to the Tenno.

At mastery rank 10 is 20% and an additional +20% reload speed.

The bronco prime has 140 base damage so i don't think it's in a bad position in terms of offensive capabilties. I've decided to give it, like all the prime weapons, an aura. Because of this the dps of the bronco prime will slip slight below that of the kraken which will now have 45 + 45+45, it will still at least be ammo efficient and will bringing a very useful niche on defence missions. 

Furis: Gives Primary and secondary 3% more max ammo capacity.

A humble sprit is a clever spirit. The Furis is sure to always bring extra ammo

The furis is definitely the lowest tier of pistol. There's no buff in the world that would possibly make it a viable gun in a tier 3 defence and possibly even stronger mobs. So i believe this passive will set it completely apart and it definitely passes my balance test which is...i would definitely equip this for a certain situation. 

Afuris: Gives Primary and secondary 4% more magazine capacity.

Legend speaks of a crafty duo. What can split one into two can turn one bullet into two bullets. Even better...what bends energy spacetime can make it rain.

At mastery rank 10 is 40%.

A counterpart to the Furis. Because the gun itself is better than the furis, the Afuris for balance sakes recieve the less usful of the augmentation albiet still very nice. 

Lex: When in zoom mode, gun does 7% more damage. When in non zoom mode gun attacks 7% faster.

Like a hawk, the Lex tracks and eliminates her prey with unparralel precision. But when surrounded you will witness her true potential.

At mastery rank 10 is 70%.

The lex is mathmatically very bad compare to a despair/kunai. Lex is currently mid tier and only slightly at that. It's suppose to be an offensive pistol yet It only does about 20 more base at the cost of 3 times slower attack rate, and three times slower reload rate than the kunai. This differentiates the Lex as a sniper and gives it much needed attack speed when you aren't sniping. Since it has really low attack speed i don't believe this will make the weapon overpowered. This dps buff is straight forward 75%. I believe this will make it on par with the kunai which only recieved a situational dps buff. 

Seer: If hits a weak spot will do 6% more damage. If entire magazine has not killed at least one target, next clip will have + 6% attack speed

A raven of death, the Seer was born from greed, vengence and power. Vor may have been it's first user, but hunger is its true master.

At mastery rank 10 is 60% and 60%.

The wielder of this weapon is rewarded for being a marksman. Currently the Seer is pretty bad. DPS is pretty low because of slow attack rate, medium damage per bullet, and an excruxiatingly long reload time. This buff is 100% more dps when aiming correctly but i do not believe this will make this gun overpowered. 

Vasto: If user has not taken damage is last 2 seconds, the Vastro will deal 5% extra damage. If the clip has killed at least one unit, the Vastro will reload 5% faster.

The Vastro is a Wild Ranger and an expert duelist. In the backalleys of the Sol system there is only one survival ethic. Whomever draws first gets to see his children.

At mastery rank 10 is 50% and 50%.

The Vastro is an awsome gun with average stats across the board. I've chosen to give it a two prong passive that will help it in many situations. The first passive will benefit the user a decent but not great 50% extra damage for drawing first upon the enemy. The second passive will enhance the first passive even further and make this weapon an immensly fun weapon to clear rooms without without making it the defacto hp soak dps powerhouse. Since the reload boast only works if you killed something with the clip. 

Sicarus: Gives user 3% more max energy. Also the sicarus gains +X% damage where X is equal to {total energy/10}

A sage amongs souls, the sicarus' talents are without limits. Enlightened through an eon of combat mastery, she patiently awaits the return of the great war.

At mastery rank 10 is 200.

The benefits of this weapon are clear. Take this to increase your war frame casting potential. I believe this is pretty balanced. because 400-500 is the realistic limit for max energy and this passive will give about 40-50% damage at most and on a pretty terrible gun it wont do much. If user is not building for max energy, they still benefit from 30% more max energy. 

Viper: Primary and secondary gun attacks 3% faster.

A volitile serpent of grineer specifications....blink at your own peril

Dual Viper: Primary and secondary has 1 additional energy for mods.

An aged cobra.... a master of deception and trickery. To steal is to be a thief, but what does that make one who steals from a thief?

At mastery rank 10 is 10 points.

Rifle<-----DONE

Braton M1k: Primary and Secondary weapon gains 2% damage.

What the M1k lacks, he makes up with sheer overwhelming numbers. Most popular and abundant amongs the Tenno recruits, the Braton M1k has proven his reliability. On rare occasion should a Tenno fall, the Teeno and the M1k merge to become one.

At mastery rank 10 is 20%

I think this is the perfect and most fitting passive for the backbone of the tenno forces. 

Braton: Primary and Secondary weapons gains 3% more attackspeed.

The backbone of Tenno insurgence, the Braton is a tested and fierce combatant. He is always at the ready to provide coverfire for a Teeno deployment.

At mastery rank 10 is 30%

Im planing to only give the Braton/burston lineup support roles because they are starter and recruit tier weapons. Since Braton is stronger than the M1k, it gets the slightly weaker passive. 

Braton Prime: In a 25m aura. All primary weapons gain 1% more damage. Additionally the Braton Prime gains 1% additional damage per Prime primary weapon you own that also has its spirit unlocked, self included.

N/A

At mastery rank 10 is 10% and an additional 10%.

Burston: Every 10 kills made by the Burston will grant the user 4 energy. If the user has more than 100 remaining energy, the burston will deal 4% additional damage.

The Burston is a Veteran in his class. His words carry the wisdom of a thousand battles.

At mastery rank 10 is 1 kill per 4 energy and + 40% damage.

N/A

Hind: If target has not taken damage from any source including ally, the first burst from hind will deal 6% additional damage. If the target has Taken damage before the hind will only deal 3% additional damage.

N/A

At mastery rank 10 is 60% and 30%

N/A

Dera: Reloads cost 90 shields instead of ammo. Additionally Dera deals 2% extra damage if user is above 50% shield capacity.

An instrument of particular usefulness, The Dera's function derective imbues it with unique artificial arcane properties.  

At mastery rank 10 cost 9 shield and when shields are above 50%, will deal 20% more damage. 

At only 22 base damage, i think this will make the rifle it's own niche of awsome. Reloading will be free except for a small cost of 9 shields at rank 10. This would really satisfy the automatic ammo dump thirst in me

Gorgan: First bullet does +8%. Second bullet does +7%........ continues pattern until Sixth bullet and onwards does +2%. Each target has its own counter. Counter does not reset.

The Gorgan is a relentless creature. Held at the apex of Grinner might, Its ferocity is solemly matched on the battlefield.

At mastery rank 10 is 80%, 70%........20% onward.

This passive is a great way to give the Gorgan some ummph without turning it into the defacto no brainer boss weapon. Great for clearing large mob of light ot medium targets. First shot will have a base of 43. The fifth shot will have a base of 36 which will make it equal to the supra and after the fifth shot its dp-bullet will be below the Supra.  

Supra:Gains +5 magazine capacity. If the user has run out of ammo, the final magazine will deal 5% more damage.  

N/A

At mastery rank 10 is +50 additional magazine capacity and final clip will deal 50% more damage. 

N/A

Grakata:Explosive penetrator rounds detonate 1 seconds after target is hit for an additional 9%  

N/A

At mastery rank 10 is +90% 

N/A

Latron:If user does not fire for 2 seconds, the next round will deal +17%

N/A

At mastery rank 10 is +170% 

N/A

Boltor:   When target dies. Target explodes in 15 meter radius equal to 3% for every bolt that hit the target.

N/A

At mastery rank 10 is 30% per bolt

N/A

Latron Prime: In a 30 meter aura, All enemies have their armor lowered by 4% for all armor types. Additionally the Latron Prime gains 1% extra damage per Primary prime weapon you own that also has its spirit unlocked, self included.

N/A

At mastery rank 10 is 40% armor reduction and an additional 10% damage per Prime primary weapon you own that also has its spirit unlocked, self included.

N/A

Braton Vandal: N/A

N/A

N/A

N/A

Shotgun<-----DONE

First things first. I'm removing fall off damage from shotguns. Its going to be in conflict with the way my passives will be designed. Lastly its just a terrible feeling to do 1's even when a decent amount of pellets land and even though you are just barely out of the drop off ranges. The Strun will have extra damage if a target is close but this is vastly different from drop off damage because at long ranges the pellets won't be hitting for 1's but instead a decent amount.

Boar: After sucessfully Killing a target or reloading, the Boar will gain 5% damage and 4% attack speed for 3 seconds  

N/A

At mastery rank 10 is 50% damage and 40% attack speed. Duration will remain at 3 seconds

N/A

Hek: First shot to target deals an additional 2% damage. Additionally if the target has less than 8% Hp, the Hek will deal 4% additional damage.

N/A

At mastery rank 10 is 20% damage, 80% hp and 40%

N/A

Strun: If the target is closer than 20 meters, the Strun will deal 4% more damage.

N/A

At mastery rank 10 is 40%

N/A

Strun Wraith: If the target is closer than 10 meters, the Strun Wraith will deal 3% more damage.  

N/A

At mastery rank 10 is 30%

N/A

Sobek: If all the pellets land, the Sobek will deal 2% more damage. Pellets that land on weak spots will deal an additional 4% damage. The sobek will reload 1% * X faster where X is the amount of mobs in a 30 meter aoe.

N/A

At mastery rank 10 is 20% more damage on first shot to any target, 40% damage to weak spots and reloads 10% * X faster.

N/A

Special Weapons <-----DONE

Flux Rifle: Every second of concentrated fire increases damage by +2% stackable. All damage bonus's are loss if the beam is moved from the target for any reason and the counter is reset.

N/A                     

At mastery rank 10 is 20% damage.

N/A

Ignis: One second of fire on a target will put a 5% damage per second Dot for 5 second. This effect is stackable.

N/A

At mastery rank 10 is 50% damage per second DOT for 5 seconds.

N/A

Miter: Each bounce increases Miter damage by 2% stackable. Blades bounce for a guarenteed 1 second before they disappear

N/A

At mastery rank 10 is 20% damage and a quarentee bounce time of 10 seconds.

N/A

Ogris: Area is engulfed in 15 meter aoe flames for 1 second. Any unit that enters this flame will be given a DOT of 2% damage per second that lasts 1 second. The duration of the DOT on the target is inconsequential to how long or when the target leaves the flame and will always last 1 seconds after the target leaves the flames.

N/A

At mastery rank 10 is 10 seconds of flame for a 20% damage per second DOT that lasts for 10 seconds.

N/A

Torid: Toxic cloud is removed. Ogris now gets Dot aoe. Each shot embeds a parasite in the target that deals 4% damage per second that lasts for 1 seconds. Each target can only host one Parasite. If the target dies before the duration is over, the parasite will jump to a new host for the remainder of its life cycle in a 25 meter aoe.

N/A

At mastery rank 10 is 40% damage for 10 seconds.

N/A

Melee Weapon <-----Under Construction

Melee is in a very complicated position right now for several reasons. Melee does no damage. On low to mid level monsters melee seems balanced but once you start hitting lvl 100 + you'll start to notice the disparity between gun damage and melee damage. 

Secondly there's this extremely awkward system in place that really makes no sense in terms of a game design perspective called normal attacks and the charge attacks. Its out of place because theres no mechanical difference between the two. Both forms of attack can be infinitely spammed and therefore are directly competing against eachother on which is going to be the primary form of attacking. Naturally in such a situation, the highest dps wins. Additionally, i noticed alot of the charge attack animations aren't really unique (except a few of the newer weapons such as reapers and kogake) so really they provide nothing interesting to melee weapon system. They neither provide visual affects nor are even satisfying to use because of the charge up time, which most people will have to mod against.

Thirdly Unlike guns melee weapons are the most unbalanced bunch of weapons in a game i have ever seen and thus in conclusion i'm going to reframe from making melee passives until the melee system is overhauled. Or perhaps i can do what i do best and come up with a new melee system myself seeing as how our current system is becoming obsolete.

My first step is to give each melee weapon type a unique strategic benefit. Short, Long, Dual, Thrown, and Heavy

My second step is to rework all the melee weapon stats because they are broken. I use my experiences playing warframe for 400 hours and my experiences designing for games such as Dota (I archetyped about 5 original dota heroes back in the day of warcraft).

Lastly after this tremendous rework i will give each melee weapon its own unique and awsome passive. Let us begin. 

What we shouldn't do is calcualte the dps of every melee weapon then buff and nerf accordingly. I never believe in this method because then all the weapons are worthless skins. There has to be trade offs, there has to be things each weapon can accomplish. The delicate balance where have one weapon really helps you in situations you find most difficult or annoying and between not having it doesn't hinder you to teh point of frustration and claiming that weapon is too dam good theres nothing else i can use.

I am removing charged attacks (i have explained this in the above spoiler), this doesn't mean charging is removed completely. Several weapons will retain a charge mechanism as their passive. This might include the thrown weapons. Charging cna do other things besides just an increase attack. Perhaps a melee weapon can charge for 7 seconds and heal you for 20%.

All Heavy weapons will have a base of 200.

All Long weapons will have a base of 175. 

All dual weapons will have a base of 150. 

All Thrown weapons will have a base of 125. 

Lastly all Short weapons will have a base of 100.

All current weapons will keep their current attack speeds. This is for several reasons. Weapons have varyin martial art methods some are swift some are blunt and strong. Immediatly this will put some weapons ahead and some weapons behind however these differences are nessesary to preserve the integrity of the feel of the weapon. Second reason is there has to be differences for there to be variety and to offset this artificial imbalance the passive design will cater to each weapon style and take into concideration the attack speeds of that weapon.

Heavy:<-----DONE

Fragor: Charge attacks are removed and all melee attacks are AOE depending on length/size/animation of weapon. Charging with the Fragor now regenerates ally shields in a 20 meter AOE at the rate of 7 shields per second for a maximum of 7 seconds. There is a 7 second cooldown once the channeling is complete. Channeling can be broken at any time and shields will stop regenerating and the cooldown will start immediatly. After use the user will gain a buff equal to the double the duration in which they channeled the Fragor that will grant them 7% increased melee damage.

N/A

At mastery rank 10 is 70 sheilds per second and gain a buff of 70% damage increase after channel.

Attack Damage: 200

Attack Speed: 1 atks/second

N/A

Gram: Charge attacks are removed and all melee attacks are AOE depending on length/size/animation of weapon. The Gram will gain 2% additional damage per enemy target that is within 15 meters Aoe. Additionally every kill from any source will grant the user an additional 1% bonus to the Gram for 10 seconds stackable. Each kill has its own stack timer and run out individually.

N/A

At mastery rank 10 is 20% damage per target and 10% damage per kill

Attack Speed: 1.25 atks/second

N/A

Hate: Charge attacks are removed and all melee attacks are AOE depending on length/size/animation of weapon. Every 5 seconds the Hate marks a random target in a 20 meter AOE for 5 seconds. This target takes an additional 5% damage from the Hate. Attacking this target with the Hate will grant the user 10 Hp. Attacking this target with any other source will regenerate the user 5 HP. Life steal can happen only once per target.

N/A

At mastery rank 10 is 50% damage per target and lifesteals 100 HP per painted target if hit by Hate and 50HP if hit by other source.

N/A

Orthos: Charge attacks are removed and all melee attacks are AOE depending on length/size/animation of weapon. Each attack increases the range/reach of the blade by 2% and the damage by 1%. Stackable 4 times after 4 attacks. This increased bonus does not run out until 4 seconds of not attacking with the Orthos.

N/A

At mastery rank 10 is 20% damage and 20% reach per stack.

N/A

Orthos Prime: Charge attacks are removed and all melee attacks are AOE depending on length/size/animation of weapon. The orthos prime grants allies in a 25 meter AOE  a 2% bonus to melee attack speed. Additionally the Orthos Prime gains 2% extra damage and 1% attack speed per melee prime weapon you own that also has its spirit unlocked, self included.

seconds infinite stack.

N/A

At mastery rank 10 is 20% attackspeed aura and 20% damage plus 10% attack speed per Prime melee.

Attack Speed: 1.3 atks/second

N/A

Reaper Prime:  Charge attacks are removed and all melee attacks are AOE depending on length/size/animation of weapon. The reaper Prime grants allies in a 20 Meter AOE 2% reduced damage from ranged attacks. Additionally each kill by anyone on the squad from any source grants the Reaper prime at random either 1% additional attack speed, 1% additional damage, or 1% additional attack range. This buff is stackable and each individual stack has a duration of 12. Kills made by the Reaper Prime itself will gain twice the stack duration of 24 seconds.

N/A

At mastery rank 10 is +20% damage reduction and 10% random stat between damage/attackspeed/range per kill on squad.  

Attack Speed: 1.17 atks/second

N/A

Scindo:  Charge attacks are removed and all melee attacks are AOE depending on length/size/animation of weapon. Charging on the Scindo is now single target and is a downward strike. Charges for a short dration, 1 second, and will deal + 22% damage. After performing this attack the reaper prime creates a 30HP shield around the user that lasts indefinitely until it is broken. If this attack kills a target the shield will grant 45HP instead. This awsome attack has a cooldown of 11 seconds.

N/A

At mastery rank 10 is +220% damage and 300 HP shield or 450 HP if attack kills a unit.  

N/A

Thrown:<-----DONE

Glaive:  Charge attacks are removed and all melee attacks are AOE depending on length/size/animation of weapon. Charging on the Glaive is now a short charge of 0.5 seconds. The first target it hits will deal an additional +24% damage. The Glaive's bounces are homing and will seek out targets in a short range of 10 meters of the last target it struck. If there are no targets within 10 meters to hit it will bounce twice randomly then return to the user. It will seek out a maximum of 1 target where each additional target will take 10% less damage than the last target. If The glaive hits no targets before it hits the first object it will bounce twice randomly before it returns to the user.

N/A

At mastery rank 10 is +240% damage and seek a maximuim of 10 targets.

Attack Damage: 125

N/A

Kestrel:  Charge attacks are removed and all melee attacks are AOE depending on length/size/animation of weapon. Charging on the Kestrel is now a short charge of 0.5 seconds. The first target it hits will deal an additional +27% damage. Additionally the Kestrel ragdolls the target and will return to the user immediatly without bouncing. If the Kestrel hits an object instead of a target it will bounce once randomly before turning to the user..

N/A

At mastery rank 10 is +270% damage.

N/A

Long:<-----Working on it

Amphis:  

N/A

Attack Damage: 175

N/A

Kestrel:  

N/A

At mastery rank 10 is +270% damage.

N/A

Dual:<-----Working on it

Short:<-----Working on it

Sentinel & Sentinel weapons<-----DONE

I'm going to represent everyone in warframe when i say SENTINELS are awsome and need to be given lots and lots and lots an lots of love. More features, more selection, more sentinels, more abilties, more more MORE and MMOORREE. I don't care what game you play pets are in style and DE needs to capitalize on this. Less weapon reinforments and more sentinel reinforments.

Wyrm: All enemies in 20 meter radius is slowed by 1%

N/A

At mastery rank 10 is 10%

In a 15 meter radius stuns enemies for 3 seconds on a 30 second cooldown.

Small floating catapillar that specializes in crow control. Armed with a fast burst lazergun. 

Shade: If target is not facing the player. Player will deal 1% additional damage from all sources.

N/A

Cloacks user when being attacked. Has a 15 second cooldown

Small floating brain like creature specializes in stealth. Armed with a burst pistol.

Deth Cube: Targets in a 20 meter radius have 1% reduced armor on all types

N/A

If an enemy is within range blasts target for high amounts of damage. Has a 20 second cooldown

Floating cube of destruction that specializes in single target killing. Armed with a mini-gun

Manta Needle: In a 20 meter radius, all enemies have their damage reduced by 1%

N/A

If user is attacked Manta Needle silences and disarms all attackers 15 meter aoe. All ranged enemies will rush to melee the user while melee enemies will be unaffected. Has a 15 second cooldown.

Floating manta-ray bot specializes in Debuffs useful for controlling the battlefield.  Armed with a Scatter neddle spread bolt gun that pins enemies to walls much like a bolt weapon.

Zorb Zapper Enemies in a 20 meter radius looses 1% shield.

N/A

Zorp Zapper does a medium damage chain lightning attack to any enemy close by. Has a cooldown of 4 seconds.

Floating matrix ball of contained energy that specializes in killing multiple targets at close range with electricity. Armed with a lighting rod.

Arma: In a 20 meter aoe ammo pickup values are increased by 1%

N/A

Fires a barrage of missles that deala small aoe. Has a 15 second cooldown

Floating goliath that specializes in taking out multiple targets. Sports a short ranged shot gun and on a cooldown can fire a barrage of mini rockets that are highly lethal to a small area of light infantry.

MrPewPew: User gains 1% hp

N/A

For 4 seconds MrPewPew's beam becomes overcharged become bright red and dealing triple damage. Ability has a 20 second cooldown.

A floating pyramid palace like structure that specializes in short ranged combat. Sports an energy beam like the flux rifle.

AkBot User gains 1% Shields

N/A

Creates a medium bubble with medium health value around the sentinel and user that absorbs incoming damage. has a 25 second cooldown. Disappears when destroyed.

Anti personal defence bot. Specializes in protecting the user. Has an array of systems such as energy shield on cooldown. Sports a high impact, high accuracy rail gun

Zeta Mind: in a 20 meter aoe all  melee enemies deal 1% less damage.

N/A

Sends out a homing glaive that owns people. Has a 30 second cooldown

Specializes in being awsome. Sports a shuriken launcher. On cooldown shoots medium glaives that bounce around.

Weapon and Helmet Skins redesign<-----Working in it

N/A

Warframes spellcast/energy system/passive redesign<-----Working in it

I'll joyfully proclaim and remind DE that i love this game and especially the warframe spells. But mechanically the system is highly flawed and not streamlined well. 

First the elephant in the room; Most spells suck compare the the ultimate. Second, the energy system isn't rewarding because most regular spells cost 1/4th of the the ultimate and do nowhere near the damage of 1/4rth an ultimate. Thirdly ultimates lack mechanical variety. Last of all, most spells are not balanced especially when they offer very little utility; some do a few grand aoe some do 800.

So now that i've identified all the problems let us begin rectifying them using a little bit of game design philosophy. Most first spells that have no utility and are not ultimates, are objectively  mechanically crap. The reason is deeply routed in the gameplay streamline. There are enemies and we need to kill them. The tools in our arsenal are Guns, swords, and spells. So immediatly when a player encounters a mob, the first thing she has to establish is, what is she going to use to kill this mob with? If it is alone, a massive aoe utimate that cost all her energy is definitly strategically out of the question. If there is only one or a few, the player determines if the mob is close or is it far. If it is far, melee is immediately rulled out. So now we get to the heart of the problem, why waste 25 energy and cast animation time when a fully modded gun, would kill this lone filthy grineer in one shot. The answer is never. 

So now we understand that any spell that is not a massive aoe ultimate is mechnically obsolete. We now have two courses of action, to meticulously buff and nerf spells until it does enough damage or the entire system has to fundamentally be redesigned without changing the spells to achieve the end goal which we have not set yet. This end goal is to make each and every spell a pleasuraable and enjoying experience to cast.

To be continue....working on weapon passives for the moment, i have great things for this section.

Edited by ForumSmurf

but the flip side of giving every weapon a purpose is that you take away the ability to do solo missions. a rifle that stuns but doesn't kill wont work when you get tired of playing with other people and lone wolf it.

now I know this I kinda an overreaction, but we have to remember that the Devs have done a pretty good job as I is, and they can add mods to help with your idea later on. It would be nice if every weapon had a exclusive mod that granted it a bonus of some kind though.

Edited by Liverslices

but the flip side of giving every weapon a purpose is that you take away the ability to do solo missions. a rifle that stuns but doesn't kill wont work when you get tired of playing with other people and lone wolf it.

now I know this I kinda an overreaction, but we have to remember that the Devs have done a pretty good job as I is, and they can add mods to help with your idea later on. It would be nice if every weapon had a exclusive mod that granted it a bonus of some kind though.

rest assured, 95% of the weapons actually have a DPS enhancing passive. I just introduce a concept called "situational DPS" where the mechanic doesn't give more dps in all situations such as bossing, or hp soak killers, but its own unique moment to outshine other weapons. The weapons with non dps support oriented passives are actually just the really REALLY bad weapons such as starter gear, bolto, single furis, ect.

Additionally, i view your entire load-out as a single offensive entity where every component add's its own benefits. I would question your strategical prowness if you took 3 weapons that did absolutely no damage. 

Also after playing this game for about 400 hours, i would never give a rifle a stun affect because said passive is totally useless. Its usless because more damage makes the mission faster and speed/agility is what warframe is all about. I'm designing these from a war-frame player perspective. Stuff like stuns are meh, unique ways to deal more damage are what people really want.

Lastly the passive is unlocked through mastery rank and the full passive is only unlocked at mastery rank 10. This means that low master rank players don't need to worry about this system while mastery rank 10 players already own most of the weapons so why would they use weak guns like the bolto or single furis. 

Edited by ForumSmurf

very well thoughout suggestions.

problem 1 - these passives to each weapon are at first reall miniscule and pointless, and then at Mastery 10 become OP as F***.

it also tells players the only thing to do in the game now is to make weapons abc and then grind Mastery. 

ehhhh.

if every Mastery rank slightly improved the passives, it would feel a lot better than just one lumpsum massive boost. 

jesus christ man, that boltor passive would be more powerful than MPrime for high level enemies. if it takes me 100rds to kill an enemy, when it explodes....

_394930_blast300.jpg

Sicarus should have a different passive. more energy? idgi. based on the definition of Sicarius(presumingly it's derivative) it should have a sort of accuracy bonus or accuracy recovery bonus, something that is about being an assassin, hitman, etc. 

i'm not sure i understand the bonus from Twin Vipers. it doesn't really fit the theme of the guns. most of these are sort've like an aura from each weapon that affects your other gear, radiating some of their primary traits to other weapons.

for a Viper, that is ROF. dual Vipers, seems like just more ROF. Vipers (and single) are surprisingly accurate for an automatic pistol, that can be another trait for Vipers.

all in all, sounds great. personally i think all passives should be something that is or is similar to the primary feature of each weapon. the star feature that is what makes it different. 

@OP

You seem to have put a lot of thought and effort into this, which I respect.  However, your idea wouldn't solve the problem of weapon balancing.  If fact, it would make it a lot worse. 

Think about it this way: at the moment, optimal builds only need to use one weapon.  But by giving each weapon a passive, you'll be creating new optimal builds which will require an exact combination of 3 weapons (primary, secondary, and melee).  So instead of using weapon combinations which they enjoy, players will just use ones which give the greatest benefits. 

Your idea also doesn't solve the inherent DPS problems of a lot of weapons.  If you give the Bolto that amazing passive with up to 30% ability cost reduction, a lot of people will equip it.  But they still won't ever use it (once it's maxed out).  And now you've ensured that ability-centered warframes will only ever use a Bolto.  They aren't equipping the Bolto because they find it fun to use, or a good weapon.  And that completely invalidates its purpose as a weapon. 

Passive abilities aren't the way to go about this.  The only thing that will solve weapon balance is to make each weapon as fun as possible to use, and give the less valuable ones a niche where they can shine.  Look at the Torid: in most cases, it's a terrible weapon.  It is easy to poison yourself, it doesn't deal damage quickly, it doesn't have many shots in its magazine, and it takes forever to reload.  But if you use it with certain classes (such as Vauban) or on certain maps (such as Infested Defense), it absolutely shines. 

Your post is 99% percent correct. :D this problem is quite the challenge and i can't profess to having the perfect solution. However, There is a reason the bolto's passive only yields 30%. This is a concept i like to call "Power For-go-able". 30% is a nice amount but not ground breaking. If you forgo the bolto in favor of other pistols, You aren't loosing much. 30% in place of some other awesome effect is a physiologically tolerable sacrifice. Once power forgone breaches the 40-50% threshhold, its nolonger power you can ignore. after about 60-70% power is at stake, this power is mandatory to compete. I run this test by forcing my mind to put itself in the exact situation and see what i would choose. When im leaning torwards both sides i reach what i call a conceptual balance rather than a DPS/DP_bullet balance. Its a subjective method being masked as an objective system and unfortunately the only measurement i've got.

30% is low enough to not make forgoing it hinder spell casting too much but its also high enough for a player who puts very little value on a secondary weapon and mainly shoots with his primary, a way to enhance something he cares about for a decent chunk. 

If you need evidence think about the new mods that give 30% damage to specific faction. Its high enough to matter because it gives a 30% boast to power multiplicative on top of the total damage output, but most of us ignore it at the moment simply because 30% is at the peak of ignorable status in favor of personal tastes. I quite like magazine capacity instead.

Additionally the bolto's passive is "bias-ly objectively" (if this is even possible to exist) competing against a really good line up; I can eyeball at least 7-8 pistol passives that give it a run for its money.

Lastly to address a quote from your post "They aren't equipping the Bolto because they find it fun to use" people's enjoyment in a weapon is inherent in its ability to improve your performance. If said passive system is in place, these passives will become an integral part of the weapon and the weapon will be percieved as an entire package. To elaborate on this subject, what is the difference between a braton and a Prime braton beside stats. Virtually nothing, and yet a braton prime is objectivly 10000x more desirable simply because its stronger. Looks and feel play a high role in weapon satisfaction but performance and stats are half the equation. I can enjoy a weapon purely for its strategical benefit. Luckily only very few weapons will have this type of passive and only are applied on the weakest of weapons to ensure the weapons usfulness and require power forgone and power sacrifice to utilize these interesting bonus'.

Your feedback has given me another tremendous epiphany in design i thank-you. Im going to make slight adjustments to passives that only give buffs to other weapons.

Edited by ForumSmurf

However, There is a reason the bolto's passive only yields 30%. This is a concept i like to call "Power For-go-able". 30% is a nice amount but not ground breaking. If you forgo the bolto in favor of other pistols, You aren't loosing much.

I disagree.  A 30% boost to power efficiency is equivalent to a maxed out Streamline mod (which is considered mandatory in most ability-heavy builds).  When combining the two, players would get +60% energy efficiency.  That means a Saryn would be able to cast Miasma for 40 energy.  That's game-breakingly powerful. 

Lastly to address a quote from your post "They aren't equipping the Bolto because they find it fun to use" people's enjoyment in a weapon is inherent in its ability to improve your performance. If said passive system is in place, these passives will become an integral part of the weapon and the weapon will be percieved as an entire package.

That's the major problem: these passives would be just as hard to balance as the guns themselves, and if they weren't balanced properly than it would yet again limit the diversity of viable weapons.  It would be easier and more effective to just buff the more useless guns (in a direct manner, through stats) than it would be to add an extra layer of buffs which could potentially making OP weapons even stronger. 

To elaborate on this subject, what is the difference between a braton and a Prime braton beside stats. Virtually nothing, and yet a braton prime is objectivly 10000x more desirable simply because its stronger. Looks and feel play a high role in weapon satisfaction but performance and stats are half the equation.

There are actually a lot of differences between the Braton and the Braton Prime.  They have different aesthetics and sounds.  While it is true that the Prime version is more desirable, it would be more desirable even if it wasn't functionally better.  It's the same reason the regular Snipetron was highly sought after when it went off the market: people want what is hard to get.  It became a status symbol.  By virtue of being hard to get, the Braton Prime is highly sought after, even though it's still a better lackluster weapon at the moment (due to a lack of innate armor piercing). 

There are also a lot of people who don't think Prime weapons should be better than their normal counterparts.  Why?  Because it creates redundancy and limits variety.  If there's no reason to use the normal Braton, then the time and money spent creating it has been a complete waste. 

EDIT: I have no idea why part of your quoted text turned black, but I don't know how to fix it.  Sorry. 

Edited by Ganpot

Your feedback has prompted me to revise a few of my methods. I have revised the bolto,akbolto, and acrid passives. 20% is now the new forgoable threshhold. 30% is now assigned as the desirable threshholded. 40% is assigned the very enticing threshold. and 50%+ is assigned mandatory. 

Also its not fair when you say:

"I disagree.  A 30% boost to power efficiency is equivalent to a maxed out Streamline mod (which is considered mandatory in most ability-heavy builds).  When combining the two, players would get +60% energy efficiency.  That means a Saryn would be able to cast Miasma for 40 energy.  That's game-breakingly powerful. "

because the 30% from streamline is already given to everyone. The additional efficiency is the difference so its no 60% more efficient on top  of someone without a bolto. Its 30% more because they will also have streamline as well.

I agree that aesthetics is very important but just to keep things unbias id like to counter the quote

"it would be more desirable even if it wasn't functionally better."

with the reaper prime. The reaper prime is pretty dam sweet looking but tested true...noone wants it because there is better...the Hate

lastly you say noone would equip anything else. You must remember to get the full passive you must be mastery rank 10. Therefore you would have maxxed at least 60 weapons and have taken at least 400 hours of gameplay so diversity won't be an issue.

Edited by ForumSmurf

The additional efficiency is the difference so its no 60% more efficient on top  of someone without a bolto. Its 30% more because they will also have streamline as well.

I suppose that was slightly unfair.  My point was that it would create a combination which could very easily unbalance the game.  There's also the fact that the Essence Loki Helment gives an extra 15% energy efficiency.  So if you kept your buff at 30%, it would be possible for Loki to get a total energy efficiency rating of 75%.  Stacked with Energy Siphon, that's probably an infinite amount of energy. 

Even at an extra 20% bonus, I don't see warframes such as Ember, Nova, Saryn, Volt, or Vauban using anything else.  Powers (especially defensive ones) are far more useful at endgame than bullets. 

I agree that aesthetics is very important but just to keep things unbias id like to counter the quote

"it would be more desirable even if it wasn't functionally better."

with the reaper prime. The reaper prime is pretty dam sweet looking but tested true...noone wants it because there is better...the Hate

On the contrary, a lot of people have the Reaper Prime.  It's just that no one uses it.  That's the curse of being a status symbol: you're sought after, but if you are ever acquired then you're put into a display case and never used again. 

lastly you say noone would equip anything else. You must remember to get the full passive you must be mastery rank 10. Therefore you would have maxxed at least 60 weapons and have taken at least 400 hours of gameplay so diversity won't be an issue.

I had actually misread that part the first time.  I thought you meant that the weapon had to be re-leveled to 30, then was good to go (I have no idea where I got that impression).  That alleviates some of the problems, but only for the short and medium term.  Eventually, a large number of players are going to reach high mastery levels.  And when that happens, most of the weapons will never be used again. 

Not to mention that most of the people who enjoy power-gaming (and are therefore most likely to stick to the most theoretically beneficial weapons) are already in the master level 6+ range.  Most of the new players don't know any better (or don't go on missions high enough level for it to matter), so they'll use whatever weapon they fancy. 

I don't know what game you're talking about, but I want to play. I absolutely love your teal text in-game descriptions. Amazing.

Incredibly creative. Also very unbalanced but the spirit of the post is great.

However. I would love to see weapons have utility/cosmetic abilities - not stat bonuses. You mentioned some of these such as ability to disarm.

But + dmg, + reload, + stat just lets us min/max further into optimal builds. We have enough of that already, which is why the current problem exists. More stat bonuses would simply make it worse. Everyone would just use the pri+sec with the largest dps boost.

Ah, this thread is back (not in a bad way).

Now that you've updated the passives, I think I can see it being implemented.

But I must note that the Mastery Rank based system really, really restricts the passives from reaching full potential unless a player is completely and fully devoted to the game and has spent over 300 hours on it.

The main concern I have is that it seems like it'd be really complicated to implement and balance. That said this is an issue I think needs to be tackled, a lot of weapons have kinda become obsolete with new stuff constantly coming out. It's nice to see people coming up with cool ideas, it could be like a sort of mini-aura that affects other weapons instead of other squad members. I especially like the fluff text describing the weapons' attitudes.

This is a big project, great job though. I love posts exuding with thought, and it seems your ideas all have been well thought out, this post should shush most innate critics.

-Btw it's Hikou, not Haikou

Edited by Jamescell

This is a big project, great job though. I love posts exuding with thought, and it seems your ideas all have been well thought out, this post should shush most innate critics.

-Btw it's Hikou, not Haikou

Lawl holy S#&$ your right. Its not haiku well this is awkward.....the passage implied the throwing star was a Japanese poem.

Well gee, I didn't read  the details, the concept seems nice, perhaps it can even be added into something like...having a special "Aura" slot in the weapon at R30, and every one of these special mods have 0 Cost (IE: Unlike the Aura system, they get no capacity bonus)...

Well however way it'll go, I only have one gripe...the name. D:

"Primed Weapons", in the lore, are supposedly the "Originals" of the "Tenno" weapons. Paris, Hikou, Despair, Glaive, Lato, Skana, Ton/tron series (La, Bra, Burst), Orthos, Fang, just to name a few, are all Tenno weapons. (We can somewhat expect all of them to have a "Primed" version in due time.)..So the "Primed" state, for the sake of what little lore we have, shouldn't be used to name this concept...

Maybe something like...a "Mastered" status? A bonus on actually getting a weapon to R30 (effectively "Mastering" the weapon?)...But I guess it's just all name. -goes back to +1 op-

Well gee, I didn't read  the details, the concept seems nice, perhaps it can even be added into something like...having a special "Aura" slot in the weapon at R30, and every one of these special mods have 0 Cost (IE: Unlike the Aura system, they get no capacity bonus)...

Well however way it'll go, I only have one gripe...the name. D:

"Primed Weapons", in the lore, are supposedly the "Originals" of the "Tenno" weapons. Paris, Hikou, Despair, Glaive, Lato, Skana, Ton/tron series (La, Bra, Burst), Orthos, Fang, just to name a few, are all Tenno weapons. (We can somewhat expect all of them to have a "Primed" version in due time.)..So the "Primed" state, for the sake of what little lore we have, shouldn't be used to name this concept...

Maybe something like...a "Mastered" status? A bonus on actually getting a weapon to R30 (effectively "Mastering" the weapon?)...But I guess it's just all name. -goes back to +1 op-

I was actually going for that direction, but i guess it is slightly ambiguous. The weapons embody the "Spirit" of the prime. I never meant for them to be actual prime weapons.