Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About "omg Nova Won't Let Me Kill Things Nerf Pls" Threads

SonicSonedit

"Warframe/Gun X is over(or under)-powered! (Why did you nerf? Why did you boost?)

We are rolling out balance changes very quickly. We love the feedback (good and bad) and take it very seriously. Our goal is to avoid having a single dominant weapon, build, mod configuration..." - FAQ

So like in WOW and other games everyone loves the AOE classes for making life easier.

Then Warframe comes along and it's hate hate hate on anything that makes runs faster or easier. So the Dev's slow the pace and people complain, they increase the pace and more complaints pour in. I think at this point they should shut the design council, ignore all player feedback like other developers learned to do and simply go where the money takes them.

When I'm playing my Nova , i like to ask the range (like from where i should kill)i dislike staying at pod unless i m on my frost prime or vauban(if i wanted to camp theire COD....)

But if i'm playing my nova , and also leveling up weapon, i will be near to pod ,and also watch clearly the guy who go in spawn zone for killing here two

thing which can happen : 1/ i ask "nicely" to the guy that we want XP to and to come near to pod 2/warn him he wont have kill soon 3/ to late spam

M prime till the exit round is here and leave ,usually the guy who do that understand that what he did was wrong but its a bit late since i have already choose to be annoying instead of playing nice

Of course this is in defence mission

Have you even read the majority of anti nova threads? Its not about the kills or the XP, its about sitting there literally doing nothing because everything is dead because the nova on your team with the second fastest sprint speed in the game is running around MP, AMD, the entire wave.

Even if it was about XP, you only get XP if it dies within a certain radius of the player. So the guy defending the pod gets nothing because the range on MP is so large.

Finally, someone understands. 

You should give up though. You can't reason with these people as they think all nerfs are bad. They don't understand that achieving balance is a buffing AND nerfing process. 

I'm not denying that some frames need buffs but constantly buffing only keeps your fans happy in the short term. Power creep will slowly destroy your game over the long term.

But whatever, I'll abuse Nova until DE decides to do something about it. I don't really want to ruin the game for others but some things need to be brought to light. If I have to go in games and spam MP all the time for DE to take a look at the issue, so be it.

A simple "Power in use" restriction on Nova's MP would solve most of the problems people have with Nova. 

Edited by Yinkuji

A simple "Power in use" restriction on Nova's MP would solve most of the problems people have with Nova. 

Well lets see my Excalibur does the same thing as Nova except the range is slightly less and no delay on the carnage.

Should we kick Excalibur down because it's got utilities that in ways put both Mag and Nova to shame?

Next lets look at Saryn and Ember boy oh boy they can clear a room fast and WOF is the Ultimate Ultimate.

I played every frame but Ash and Frost so i'm well versed on how they all operate. For me it does not matter what frame I play because if it has an AOE the mobs will hit the floor regardless. You think Nova is bad I can clear rooms just the same with Mag, Ember, Saryn, Excalibur and even Rhino. So basically to appease the minority they can either gimp energy across the board (nobody seems to want this) and everyone suffers. That or they need to tone down the AOE of every class (fair is fair and balanced right?) or they can simply ignore the tools. Keep in mind it wont be long before the same people are complaining about Necro just as they did with Rhino and Vauban before Nova came along.

IMHO if your reflexes suck or you choose a class without an AOE to farm defense missions that's no reason to nerf Nova. And remember what happened when they ripped Rhino's heart out. Post like this made the Dev's feel they needed to scratch the Rhino itch hard and yet in the end it really benefited no one but the Grineer. So if your goal is to bring the Tenno to greater extinction and make the game more of a grind then just continue making posts like this. Eventually the nerf's will kill this game and the only ones left will be to busy pissing in the wind to actually play.

My two cents on the nerf threads.... There might be some truth to what people say about the nova needing a nerf...  I'm sure as hell if we swapped Nova with rhino and it was the rhino that just came out people would be shouting from the rooftops about is or stomp needing a nerf so bad. 

Eventually the nerf's will kill this game and the only ones left will be to busy &!$$ing in the wind to actually play.

Oh look, another "If you don't do what I want, the game will die" statement. I laugh whenever people say things like this.

Edited by Kahruvel

I don't think buffing other frames to Nova/Vauban level will make game much easier.

I don't find it easy when level 120 Fusion MOA burns my tanky frost with 1k shields and 600hp in like 2 seconds. I don't find it easy when I forgot to put a globe for a second and my party was wiped instantly by Greneer Bombard. Yes, mid or low-lvl content may become "too easy". How to fix it? Add and adjust skills scaling. Right now the only ones who have scales are Nova and Banshee, since they basically scale weapon damage and thus viable even vs 150+ lvl enemies.

The problem caused by absence of skill scaling is right here: some ults are too strong early game and almost useless (hello Volt) lategame.

How can this be fixed? By adding more levels to skills/focus for example - we have weapons scaling with serration - I have 400 hours of gameplay and still didn't maxed out serration and redirection (I maxed about 70% of other mods thou).

So, it comes down to:

- reduce ults base damage (especially on 1 and 2 level)

- increase focus levels

This will also make more skills viable. For example I never use Frost Wave on my Frost, but if it will have good scaling - why not?

Edited by SonicSonedit

I don't think buffing other frames to Nova/Vauban level will make game much easier.

I don't find it easy when level 120 Fusion MOA burns my tanky frost with 1k shields and 600hp in like 2 seconds. I don't find it easy when I was busy sniping enemies with my Lanka and forgot to put a globe and my party was wiped instantly by Greneer Bombard. Yes, mid or low-lvl content may become "too easy". How to fix it? Add and adjust skills scaling. Right now the only ones who have skales are Nova and Banshee, since they basically scale weapon damage and thus viable even vs 150+ lvl enemies.

The problem caused by absence of skill scaling is right here: some ults are too strong early game and almost useless (hello Volt) lategame.

How can this be fixed? By adding more levels to skills/focus for example - we have weapons scaling with serration - I have 400 hours of gameplay and still didn't maxed out serration and redirection (I maxed a70% of other mods thou).

So, it comes down to:

- reduce ults base damage (especially on 1 and 2 level)

- increase focus levels

With will also make more skills viable. For example I never use Frost Wave on my frost, but if it will have good scaling - why not?

It will make it easer because sometime in the near future 120+ will be the new standard for enemy's.

Thus making a new standard for warframes like nova will help.

I dunno about the title but it feels like OP is trying to cause a flamewar. This game is in beta and a lot of stuff is subject to change/balance. Currently Nova is OP. Every Warframe that has been released walked the path of the power creep and that went against DE's statement that they want to have no single Warframe/Mod build/Weapon that is superior.

Mods are walking the path of the power creep now.

Weapons are walking the path of the power creep.

Warframes are walking the path of the power creep since Saryn...

Mods are walking the path of the power creep now.

Weapons are walking the path of the power creep.

Warframes are walking the path of the power creep since Saryn...

In case you didn't notice MOAs that burn down Frosts with 1k shields and 600hp in 2 seconds, enemies are walking the path of power creep too.

I level gear a lot and forma a lot.  Nova does screw herself on the affinity gains except if I forma her again, which is not needed as she can put any combination of mods on.

BTW nova with power mods is a huge waste.  Focus and Energy Syphon is all you need for her powers to work good, adding in the others is just a waste of space, put on vitality, redirection and the new 120/120 shield/health mod, stamina mods and rush and boom you got all purpose meleer, weapon damager and power users.

People who stack all the increase power of number 4 cards on her really only get an extra kill or 2 per M Prime, that is what makes Nova great.  You do not need Stretch, Steamline, Flow or whatever else power card.

PROHINT: when Nova kills a ton of enemies with Molecular Prime, Nova gets 70% of exp for warframe and 10%/10%/10% for weapons, while you get 25%/25%/25%/25% exp for warframe/main weapon/sidearm/melee, disregard how enemy was killed, so actually the only one at exp disadvantage is Nova herself.

I'd suggest you change that part as it could spread some confusion.

The way exp work is like this:

Killing an enemy with a weapon, will give that weapon 50% of exp and 50% of exp will go to your warframe.

Killing with your warframe powers, will get your frame 100% of exp from that enemy.

If a team member kills an enemy, you'll get 25% exp for your warframe, 25% for primary, 25% for secondary and 25% for melee.

Even if it was about XP, you only get XP if it dies within a certain radius of the player. So the guy defending the pod gets nothing because the range on MP is so large.

A side note: The shared exp radius is around 50m, as far as I know.

To give you an idea how big the radius is: If you have a maxed out Enemy Sense (30m), you'll see all the enemies on your minimap.

I'd suggest you change that part as it could spread some confusion.

The way exp work is like this:

Killing an enemy with a weapon, will give that weapon 50% of exp and 50% of exp will go to your warframe.

Killing with your warframe powers, will get your frame 100% of exp from that enemy.

If a team member kills an enemy, you'll get 25% exp for your warframe, 25% for primary, 25% for secondary and 25% for melee.

Is there any proof behind your statement?

I made a solo run with my Frost and only used Lanka and ult. As a result I got 10k for warframe, about 5k for Lanka and 2k for melee/secondary.

Oh look, another "If you don't do what I want, the game will die" statement. I laugh whenever people say things like this.

Oh look, another tool who brings nothing to the discussion besides adding useless drivel.

Bring something to the discussion if you disagree rather then posting for the sake of insulting something of worth. It's fact that many quit the game because of all this nerf BS. I have a friend who quit after the Rhino nerf and to this day refuses to ever touch the game again. People get accustomed to FOTM and when you pull the rug out from under them it pisses them off. Especially when most people are spending real money to boost a particular frame just to have someone else complain because they don't like it.

Maybe you haven't noticed but the game has lost a ton of players in fact it lost 7 ranks in Steam top 100 over the past week alone. Today was the highest low the game has seen in a long time which is due to lack of content, lack of proper AI, crappy RNG system, constant fears of nerfs and lack of interaction from the developers. I remember when DE used to be much more involved but they have started pulling back which means either they see the writing on the wall or they have to much on their table right now. So the next update better hit one out of the park or this game will be dead before it's out of beta.

If they really believe the game can survive purely on console sales they are way off. Plus things in the shop will have to become more and more costly as the game loses more and more paying players. Eventually there just wont be enough people infusing money to keep the development afloat. I doubt the game would just get shut down but it will go the way of Global Agenda where you basically end up playing a multi-player by yourself.

Is there any proof behind your statement?

I made a solo run with my Frost and only used Lanka and ult. As a result I got 10k for warframe, about 5k for Lanka and 2k for melee/secondary.

Here you go:

37934,warframe20130823023251545JXOR.jpg

Warframe experience is 700 higher because I got 200 for completing the mission objective and 500 for completing the challenge of getting 10 headshots.

Anything else?