Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea For A Competitive, Faction-Based Event, Incl. Player's Choice

Mak_Gohae

From Arid Fear we learned that the Tenno will fight for one of the enemy factions. This, of course, leads to the natural progression of..... why not have the Tenno fighting for different factions? At the same time!

How about an event where the Tenno have to choose one of two factions to fight with and those sides compete to fill their progression bar first?

The Corpus and Grineer are fighting over something blah, blah, blah, i dont have a story reason yet but you get the idea. The Lotus council is divided on which faction to back up so while this is happening the Tenno end up making their own decisions. This will be the first time they ignore the Lotus council and the LOTUS! DUN-DUN-DUUUUUUUUUNNN!!! And because of this when you choose a side you will get a ew person helping you through the missions. For the Grineer you will have....... THE (What?) STALKER!!!! And for the for the Corpus this could be the introduction of....... Derf Anyo?

Since the event will, OF COURSE, have one side loosing there will be two sets of prizes. You will get one set when you choose one of the factions and if your faction wins you will get the other.

For choosing a faction you will receive a faction specific emblem and weapon. And for winning you will receive a faction specific helm. I was thinking for the Grineer you get the Commander Helm which will give you faster reloading but lower the zoom while aiming. For the Corpus you get a Corpus Helm which will give you better zooming but lower reload speed.

Or maybe you get new Sentinels? For Grineer you get a roller! The roller weapon could be a shotgun that shoots those roller blades (heh). And when an enemy gets within range and it has energy it performs it's famous rolling stagger attack. Or maybe a Grineer Regulator which uses a sniper rifle for a weapon and it's special ability is a damage buff or an emp grenade attack that lowers enemy accuracy. For the Corpus you will get a bomb Osprey that uses a sniper rifle for a weapon and it's special attack is flying toward an enemy in range and dropping a bunch of bombs. Or maybe a new EMP Osprey that shoots one of those metal fish things that disables an enemy's weapon so they have to melee, you know, like Radial Disarm but for just one dude. In fact... that should be a new enemy. 

If DE chooses to have top 100 prizes maybe the prize should be a different skin for the Helm/Sentinel for people who were on the side that won and a different skin for the weapon for the people that didnt end up in side that won.

And there will always be folks that will want another option so....... if you dont choose a side you will get a white feather Emblem and a practice Skana that does no damage but staggers enemies. 

I think for choosing one of the factions you should have an actual story mission where the map is set so you can add a bunch of events while in mission. It could be like the Lore trailer where you, and your team if you have one, land your kite ships and a Grineer Commander/Corpus Tech with some troops come up you and say, "What are you doing here under a flag of truce, Tenno? If this is some sort of trick i will make sure your death is extremely long and painful, we are very busy here." There is a huge fight happening behind them. Then, since the Tenno dont speak, one of them just hands the commander a datapad. He reads it and is weary of what it says but agrees to work with you and puts you on a mission immediately. The mission plays out like one of those WWII D-Day invasion-type missions where you have to push forward into heavy fire then sneak around to some artillery and blow it up. You know, run here, oops we need you to do this, wait do this other thing, etc, etc. Then at the end there is another cut scene where you receive you emblem and weapon. The Commander/Tech comes up and slaps the emblem on your shoulder thanking you for your work, the Tenno looks at the emblem then forward again, cause they dont talk, and then a weapon is shoved at him with the Commander/Tech saying, "Welcome to the Grineer/Corpus." 

I dont have an actual idea of what the mission would be like but, of course, if you are Grineer you will be attacking Corpus mission and if you are Corpus you will do the opposite.

And i know people are going to ask, "But what about if several huge clans just join one side? That would spell the death of the other side!" Well, maybe before the event starts DE could ask these mega huge clans to split up evenly on both sides. Or maybe, i dont know how much work this will be but..... maybe they can have two counters? The huge clans can opt into a Huge Clan Counter to have a more personal competition with other huge clans leaving the rest of the population to fight without that big shadow looming.

So.... discuss...... i'll fix spelling and whatever else later. Gotta got get that blaze alert.

I don't think PvP means what you think it means.

What do you think it means? It means Player versus Player. Any instance in which a player is competing or playing against another player is Player versus Player.

Edited by FatalX7

What do you think it means? It means Player versus Player. Any instance in which a player is competing or playing against another player is Player versus Player.

PvP is traditionally understood as direct combat between players, not by some sort of proxy.

Edited by Hipolipolopigus

That's a pretty interesting idea.  Not too sure about the stalker and derf ano part. Also, I think if there are different rewards for each side, the majority of players will choose the side with the better reward, so that's probably not the best idea. I like the general idea though.  

On the other hand, I think an event like this will cause more whining than normal from the losing crowd, which may not be a road DE wants to travel down.  

PvP is traditionally understood as direct combat between players, not by some sort of proxy.

Haha, that's just ignorance and generalization. PvP is Player versus Player. Think outside the box and that covers a very large area.

but pvp is players fighting other players.

Think outside the box.

Edited by FatalX7

Haha, that's just ignorance and generalization. PvP is Player versus Player. Think outside the box and that covers a very large area.

At which point did I say "PvP can never be anything other than direct combat"? Consider posts before condemning others to ignorance :P

Please do not derail this thread with the meaning of PvP.

Players versus players. Whether it be rushing to extraction first, getting the highest in defense, that's all PvP. Shooting each other in the face isn't the only form of PvP you know...

On topic: +1's all I really can say.