Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dual Heat Swords?

Dementia

Question

I play on Loki 24/7, and I've recently created the Dual Heat Swords. Enemies I've one shotted before with the skana take 2-3 shots to kill with the dual swords (I'm using charged attacks). Do heat swords have a lower charge damage than the Skana?

15 answers to this question

Well even if they do fix the bug, their isn't really any real reason to use the Dual Heat Sword over the Dual Skana's anyway. They do pretty much the same job, with the Dual Skana's having the same charge damage and speed except with a faster melee speed. Some could argue that it's a dual sword that is used to normal melee with, but its slow attack speed gets out played by the Dual Skana's so in turn they deal about the dps with the Skana's probably dealing more damage overtime as melee damage mods are easier to acquire. Even then why would anyone use the Dual Heat Swords over the normal Heat Sword as it has better stats across the board for normal melee attacks or even the Cronus for that matter.

Edited by demsoulja

Well even if they do fix the bug, their isn't really any real reason to use the Dual Heat Sword over the Dual Skana's anyway. They do pretty much the same job, with the Dual Skana's having the same charge damage and speed except with a faster melee speed. Some could argue that it's a dual sword that is used to normal melee with, but its slow attack speed gets out played by the Dual Skana's so in turn they deal about the dps with the Skana's probably dealing more damage overtime as melee damage mods are easier to acquire. Even then why would anyone use the Dual Heat Swords over the normal Heat Sword as it has better stats across the board for normal melee attacks or even the Cronus for that matter.

um..... What? Dual skana's charge dmg does 75 dmg (one of THE LOWEST charge dmg ever), if Dual heatsword's charge dmg was fixed, it would do 150 dmg. Dual Heat swords also has a base 30 melee dmg, while Dual skanas have 25. it's stronger than Dual Skanas, or even cronus and heatsword's charge dmg for that case.

Heatsword's charge dmg is also 75(Cronus also has same charge dmg 75), while the only upsides to Heatsword is its base 35 melee dmg and its 1.5 fire rate, making it the fastest swing motion sword currently.

Other than that, all the swords have same charge speed only difference is, Dual heat sword's charge dmg does more than twice the dmg of all the swords you just listed.

Edited by BushidoCode

um..... What? Dual skana's charge dmg does 75 dmg (one of THE LOWEST charge dmg ever), if Dual heatsword's charge dmg was fixed, it would do 150 dmg. Dual Heat swords also has a base 30 melee dmg, while Dual skanas have 25. it's stronger than Dual Skanas, or even cronus and heatsword's charge dmg for that case.

Heatsword's charge dmg is also 75(Cronus also has same charge dmg 75), while the only upsides to Heatsword is its base 35 melee dmg and its 1.5 fire rate, making it the fastest swing motion sword currently.

Other than that, all the swords have same charge speed only difference is, Dual heat sword's charge dmg does more than twice the dmg of all the swords you just listed.

Uhh I don't know what Dual Skana's your looking at but it also does 150 Charge Damage. The lowest Charge Damage is 50 from the Dual Zorens. Also the atk speed of Dual Skana's is 1.0 while the Dual Heat blades are 0.8. Then you add in the fact that Melee Damage Mods are easier to come by and have higher values then Atk Spd Mods. So the Dual Skana's will overcome the Dual Heat Blades, granted you can put the same modes for both of them but then again why you would use the normal attack with the Dual weapons when they shine in their Charge attacks.

Also with the Heat Sword and Cronus deal, I was comparing the fact that if a player wanted to use the Dual Heat Swords for the normal attack, then its severly out played by both the Heat Sword and Cronus Melee Damage Value and Atk Spd Value. The single swords shine much more when dealing normal melee attacks compared to charge attacks.

Edited by demsoulja

Uhh I don't know what Dual Skana's your looking at but it also does 150 Charge Damage. The lowest Charge Damage is 50 from the Dual Zorens. Also the atk speed of Dual Skana's is 1.0 while the Dual Heat blades are 0.8. Then you add in the fact that Melee Damage Mods are easier to come by and have higher values then Atk Spd Mods. So the Dual Skana's will overcome the Dual Heat Blades, granted you can put the same modes for both of them but then again why you would use the normal attack with the Dual weapons when they shine in their Charge attacks.

Also with the Heat Sword and Cronus deal, I was comparing the fact that if a player wanted to use the Dual Heat Swords for the normal attack, then its severly out played by both the Heat Sword and Cronus Melee Damage Value and Atk Spd Value. The single swords shine much more when dealing normal melee attacks compared to charge attacks.

The Dual Skanas have the same base attack and charged attack as the Regular Skana. The only diffrence is that it has massive aoe and shorter range.

Edited by Dementia

http://warframe.wiki...wiki/Dual_Skana

what are you smoking again?

Type Melee Base Damage 25.0 Base Firing Rate 1.0 Accuracy 100 Base Charge Damage 75.0

http://warframe.wiki...wiki/Heat_Sword

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Cronus

http://warframe.wiki...ual_Heat_Swords

if you stack heavy charge speed mods and charge dmg mods, on a dual heat sword and when DE decides to fix the bug of it doing 50 charge dmg instead of 150 like it's suppose to, it'll out dps melee swings, besides the fact that using melee swings on Dual Heart swords is bad because of its 0.8 fire rate other than that same charge speed as the rest.

Edited by BushidoCode

I'm currently crafting the Dual heat swords, how does it fair when being mobbed by chargers, what are the enemies that it can 1-hit on a full charge swing and how many enemies can it hit at once?

They're glitched atm their charge dmg should do 150 but it's doing 50 atm.

But yah if it works like dual skanas, it SHOULD multi hit enemies.

Edited by BushidoCode

I'm currently crafting the Dual heat swords, how does it fair when being mobbed by chargers, what are the enemies that it can 1-hit on a full charge swing and how many enemies can it hit at once?

Theoritcally, it should be find depending on how you angle your charge attack semi-circle Area-of-Effect and the timing.

If you can slash most of the chargers before they get to "stun-charge" you and then retreat to rinse-and-repeat, you should do much better than a Dual Skana that is using the same strategy.

But for me, i have Rank 30 Dual Zorins with an absurd amount of crit dmg increase and crit rate increase with fire rate. Lawn mower Zorins are awesome.

But for me, i have Rank 30 Dual Zorins with an absurd amount of crit dmg increase and crit rate increase with fire rate. Lawn mower Zorins are awesome.

I've actually been farming the mods to try a crit/crit damage build for my Zorens. Is it working out pretty well? I mean I really enjoy my Scindo and Fragor, but the Zoren's are really entertaining to use.