Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Advice On Playing Trinity

CF_HoneyBadger

Question

I  built Trinity about a day before the "nerf"  that sent such waves and moans throughout the forums.  I saw a video of a guy on T3S with Blessing going pretty steady allowing him and his invulnerable team-mates to survive at > 35 min mob levels and thought, "That looks cool, I'll try that"....about a day too late.

I usually play damage dealers like Rhino / Mag / Nova where you can kick grass and take names. Playing as a frame w/ no "press 4 to win" is a bit different to me. My question to you guys is this : how do you use trinity? I just can't seem to get the hang of using her.  What play strategies and mod setups (w/o potato please) do you use to get the best use out of her?

And is it just me or does she look like a ladybug...

Edited by CF_HoneyBadger

8 answers to this question

quick thinking and rage. vitality/flow too if you can manage them, other than that, blessing, link are the two skills i use most of all. i don't know if they made well of life/energy vamp better at some point but they could be worth looking into. anyway, quick thinking and rage are nigh mandatory for her to have, if you get down to 2hp and go into energy draining, drop blessing to fully heal and get a 99% damage reduction from it for however long you have it. use link in between blessings and energy vamp/well of life to stop bigger enemies (heavy gunners and S#&$ like that). weapons which would help her the most would be high alpha damage weapons like snipers/shotguns/explosives since she does not have any directly murdering skills of her own.

2 ways to play her now, imo. Short duration with Rank 0 Blessing, and spam Blessing whenever you or a teammate need a heal. Alternate Energy Vampire's every 3-4 Blessings and cast a short duration Link when you need the knockdown prevention. Or ditch Link and get even more effective health with QT and Flow.

The other way to play is bring QT/Flow, no health or shield mods, and build long duration as before. Nuke yourself with an AoE weapon until QT is activated, and press 4 for ~30 seconds of 99% damage reduction for your whole team. You can then hit Link, bringing you to 100% reduction, and build with Stretch, maybe even OE, and self nuke as before.

Even before the Blessing nerf, I rarely used it. Link is a better skill overall. That's just me, though.

I usually use a Rage, Vitality, Vigor for survivability mods. Rage allows you to build up energy for Blessing if the grass decides to fight back with an army of Elite Lancers or something.

Stretch for Link range.

For the Aura, I use Rejuvenation.

Trinity is very fleixble with how you want to play her.

You can:

Stand back and be support, or

Use Link and be the melee tank, or

Heal like crazy (see the above Quick Thinking type build).

Personally I like using Link, then spamming Energy Vampire for my team and using a Channeling Melee build. Then I do a heal as needed. This works well up until some of the really high level enemies (Level 40+) and the melee weapons start to fail to do enough damage or even with Link you're taking too much. I also use Energy Vampire as an Offensive skill against single heavy enemies as it's a long term stun.

Edited by PlebbyMilliner