Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

I have already advised my clanmates and alliance members(around 3000 players) to stop buying platinum until DE's official response about this.

We are very familiar with PW's capability of turning awesome games into mindless money sinks. So it is better to stop paying for a would be money-sink game sooner than later. We will resume our normal platinum purchase when DE denies PW's investment or when we are made sure PW's involvement will not affect the future development of Warframe(might take a few month).

100 members of the family of Diors, temporarily refused to buy all products (DE), perfect world will only make the game into a heap of rubbish

We might support a kickstarter or something like that. But it's not our duty to save DE from dooming itself. We can always find another game if Warframe turns into a money sink in the future.

This. So much this.

Here's the wikipedia about the company: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfect_World_(company)

In a nutshell: Chinese company that runs the Perfect World MMORPG, among others like Star Trek Online and (as Sadisticnerd mentioned) Blacklight Retribution.

They use a fairly heavy micro-transaction system in their games from what I've seen, and not it isn't limited to cosmetics / convenience like Warframe or LoL make a point of trying to do. If I remember correctly, you literally can buy weapons, armor, and mounts that give you a noticeable advantage.

EDIT: Fixed the link, apparently the parenthesis threw off the auto-url detection

Edited by FalseIncarnate

lol this feels almost as intense as the race with Smite in the MMOBomb showdown! XD 

The difference: we were frantically obsessing over that competition, trying so hard to have Warframe surpass all the competitors and come out on top. With our votes and a large, battlefield-esque struggle, we managed to say, "Warframe, our beloved game, is better than all of the competitor games", and now the whole world has heard our message.

Now, we're putting all of our hearts into telling DE a new message: "Please, don't sell out. We're deathly afraid. Warframe should be developed by Digital Extremes, and Digital Extremes alone, as we think its future would be best with DE instead of any other company. We want our wonderful game to remain wonderful, and that can't happen if someone else is making it. Stay with us!"

...And to believe, the Warframe community has made 1.8k posts without any arguments leading to vileness and bans. Nope, we all unanimously agree that it'd be in DE's best interest to keep their firm hold on the game.

this is the scumbag who wants to destroy warframe 

NSkWfCV.jpg

michael yufeng chi the ceo of perfect world

warframe will be in the hands of someone who practices embezzlement and tax evasion

unfortunately it cant be helped in that chinese companies are investing heavily western assets , not because western companies want to sell but they cant survive in their own economic environments so its either sell out or die 

91 pages of tears, heartbleed and passion.

If our passion was money, we could buy them back 1000 times.

At least I can say that I'm proud of the WF community. Other game communities would show some kind of "i don't give a fck" mentality. Like when Webzen got Archlord from CM....which was bad. But no one really cared.

Basically - bad game company worse than EA may potentially buy Warframe stock and thus screw over dev descisions by adding lots of pay2win gates.

There are companies worse than EA? The only ones i knew worrse than them is Gearbox Software (i mean about DNF and ACM scandals).

Hey everyone - currently awaiting official comment/info on this topic.

I hope its good news. As in, No PW has not bought DE or PW has bought DE but the development of Warframe was given over to valve/riot/CD projekt red just before

well my nephew recently bought me GTA5 for my ps3, suppose i could play more of that if the need arises.

yeah and I have Lightning Returns FF13 sitting on my shelf collection dust. I guess I could play that if things get bad here

They are publishers that are trying to drain as much money as possible from games, before letting them die.

EDIT: Imagine farming mats, just so you can build items that are needed to have 10 % chance of upgrading your weapon. Or pay 5 $ to have complete upgrade immediately.

And yes, base mats have horrible drop chance of 1 % from elite mobs.

Edited by RoboDoge

As a Reddit user put it, this is what PWE Warframe would look like, since PW has done this to basically all other games:

"Now that you've mastered the basics of movement and combat Welcome to the Warframe Market Tutorial, Step One Acquire a Braton Mk1 Blueprint from the Market - your first one will be free don't forget to stock up on ammunition and repair kits! Next craft the Braton Mk1 in your foundry, and claim it into your arsenal - not enough space? Buy arsenal extender packs to give you more room to customize!

Using your Braton Mk1 in combat decreases it's durability, use repair kits to prevent it from breaking. Using a repair kit lowers maximum durability by 1 per use. When your weapon breaks you can simply buy or craft another!

When you're ammunition runs out use ammo restoration kits to give yourself more. Don't have any? Use your trusty unbreakable Skana - additional Melee weapon skins can be purchased to change the appearance of your Skana in the store! Alternate melee weapons are more powerful but use durability and can not be repaired."

Not to mention, PWE has a strict policy on Devs not being able to communicate with players. No devstreams, no prime time, no developer workshop, and probably no design council.

I have already advised my clanmates and alliance members(around 3000 players) to stop buying platinum until DE's official response about this.

We are very familiar with PW's capability of turning awesome games into mindless money sinks. So it is better to stop paying for a would be money-sink game sooner than later. We will resume our normal platinum purchase when DE denies PW's investment or when we are made sure PW's involvement will not affect the future development of Warframe(might take a few month).

100 members of the family of Diors, temporarily refused to buy all products (DE), perfect world will only make the game into a heap of rubbish

We might support a kickstarter or something like that. But it's not our duty to save DE from dooming itself. We can always find another game if Warframe turns into a money sink in the future.

Im gonna do the same.

Sorry for being a Slowpoke, but can someone please tell me what is going on? What is Perfect World and what is going with Warframe with it and such?

just think of a good game you like thats playable online, then imagine someone coming along and sucking all the enjoyment out of it by wrapping nearly everything in a pay/grindwall and in some cases a secondary paywall, this my friend is one minor bad point of many regarding Perfect World, where game enjoyment comes last place.