Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beloved De: U16: Pause Of The Next Big Thing. (Straw Poll Included)

Nkomo-Sama

I think DE has made it so that won't happen. They're constantly releasing content which is putting this game too close to the line where beta-game and finished-game meet. Not in the way that the game is stable enough to be considered finished, but in the way that it is treated. So, there will probably always be new content coming in and not "pausing" for bug fixes. Also, the fact that Archwing is coming should be a hint.

So the CREATIVE team CANNOT CREATE OR MAKE PROTOTYPES OR PROOFS OF CONCEPT because artists modelers and programmers are FIXING CONTENT? Do any of YOU have any idea what you are talking about? ever heard of it? Also who argues against improving the product you use? Not smart people I am guessing. Also I feel like those same people would be sure their perspective is the only possible one therefore allowing them the gift of passing judgement and being extra critical of an opposing idea. Go figure?

Well that explains how much you know about the subject.

Since you are so adamant that your view is somehow possible, duly note that those who create will continue to create, whether you like it or not. NOT putting things in game changes nothing besides simply not having them in game. As is obvious, those same people aren't the ones fine tuning on the programming side. No one is arguing against a product being improved, simply pointing out the flaw in your logic, and why the product will always be improved, every week, almost every Wednesday.

They have nothing to do with what I am proposing. They can carry on business as usual. How is this missing everyone?

Well you're requesting a pause on new content releases, and asking them to fine tune the game.

The new content guys and the fine tuning guys are different people with different skill sets.  As a running business you can't tell 1/2 your office to stop working and go on vacation and ask the other 1/2 to work double time all of a sudden.  It's just weird and makes no sense.

;)

You misunderstand. I mean make U16 ONE GIANT HOTFIX. In addition to that the hotfix notes only cover about 1/3 of the actual changes that go into the game.

They did this with one of the Wednesday patches.

People raged.

Despite people asking for it.

Clearly too difficult to comprehend. Probably the same reason why we get armchair devs with zero development experience thinking they can do a better job than actual game developers.

That applies to any game, mind you.

You just might not have any idea what it is you are talking about. I am not sure who it is that says they can do a better job than a games developers but I AM POSITIVE that I have seen you SPECIFICALLY giving an opinion on CHANGES to THIS game and things that COULD BE DONE DIFFERENTLY. Just like I am here.

If they can carry their buissiness as usual, then why are you trying to forbid them from publishing it? xD

I mean, seriously, dude, have you heard yourself? "Make the coders fix the bugs, as usual, and make the creative team create content, as usual, but do not release said content"

We may have a language barrier. I am not forbidding anything. I am proposing for Update 16 that instead of adding new content (POSTPONE IT TO U17) that we clean up what we currently have. (After U15)

We may have a language barrier. I am not forbidding anything. I am proposing for Update 16 that instead of adding new content (POSTPONE IT TO U17) that we clean up what we currently have. (After U15)

Why do we have to postpone it? That doesn't make any sense.

You just might not have any idea what it is you are talking about. I am not sure who it is that says they can do a better job than a games developers but I AM POSITIVE that I have seen you SPECIFICALLY giving an opinion on CHANGES to THIS game and things that COULD BE DONE DIFFERENTLY. Just like I am here.

"I'm out of arguments, so I'll just star talking about one of your mistakes! Ha! That should teach you to not try to correct my flawed thinking!"

Also, why postpone anything? If it's ready by U16, why not release it in U16?

Edited by Angius

Do you actually think that Warframe won't get a week or two weeks of hotfixes and updates after a major update.... I don't believe you've been here long enough.  Usually after a big update, the next week is nothing but patches and fixes.  What exactly are you going on about?

They're always making updates, they're always adding new things, they're always adding new weapons, they're always patching things every week... what else do you want?

Gesh you really think someone is going too stop all production simply too fix all they have now? Its not like the developers just ignore old content its updated every week like recently Oberon being updated with 14.5. It doesn't need its own holiday just too be updated, everything will be in time.

Updated: Plus I find this really more of a joke rather then something important to be posted seeing as you have caps locked pretty much everything you wrote down.

Edited by Monybags33

Thanks for all of your opinions. This is what I asked for. I will try and say this clearly: There have been some instances of bugs and lackadaisical animations/pathing etc.. since U7 That ARE STILL IN THE GAME. ALL I am proposing is that instead of adding new broken content on top of old almost broken but totally non gamebreaking content....we stop...take a second and fix the old almost broken but totally non game breaking stuff.

"I'm out of arguments, so I'll just star talking about one of your mistakes! Ha! That should teach you to not try to correct my flawed thinking!"

"One of your mistakes?" ALMOST 6k posts? Angius we all have varying opinions and you have voiced yours on the forums just like I am as we should. Look we disagree here. That's cool.

Do you actually think that Warframe won't get a week or two weeks of hotfixes and updates after a major update.... I don't believe you've been here long enough.  Usually after a big update, the next week is nothing but patches and fixes.  What exactly are you going on about?

They're always making updates, they're always adding new things, they're always adding new weapons, they're always patching things every week... what else do you want?

Over a year, FAITHFULLY. Now be quiet.

Thanks for all of your opinions. This is what I asked for. I will try and say this clearly: There have been some instances of bugs and lackadaisical animations/pathing etc.. since U7 That ARE STILL IN THE GAME. ALL I am proposing is that instead of adding new broken content on top of old almost broken but totally non gamebreaking content....we stop...take a second and fix the old almost broken but totally non game breaking stuff.

"One of your mistakes?" ALMOST 6k posts? Angius we all have varying opinions and you have voiced yours on the forums just like I am as we should. Look we disagree here. That's cool.

The guys who create new broken content are not the same guys who fix old broken content.

Bolded and italicized for effect.

Now answer me those:

Let's say, that DE has 100 people - 50 coders and 50 of creative team.

How it is now:
 - 50 people fix bugs
 - 50 people create content and put it in game

Your idea:
 - 50 people fix bugs
 - 50 people create content and do not put it in game

If they can carry their buissiness as usual, then why are you trying to forbid them from publishing it? xD

I mean, seriously, dude, have you heard yourself? "Make the coders fix the bugs, as usual, and make the creative team create content, as usual, but do not release said content"

And see how well your arguments hold.

Edited by Angius

I actually have posted exactly this on many, many game forums... but I have to switch sides now. Warframe could definitely use a clean-up pass from all departments. Map bugs, weapon clean up/rework/updates, optimization... every other livestream Scott tells us frame balance is waiting because he's busy*, we have technical threads ongoing, drop tables...

*Citation needed.

Problem with that general statement is that Scott isn't flipping a switch to change up how something works in game. He actually has to decide how to change it in the first place, and it might warrant a complete rework. If you were looking at the patch notes, you'd see just how many ability fixes went through.

Also Sheldon is the droptables guy. Technical threads are per their respective departments (like holes in tilesets, menu bugs/improvements, animations, etc).

Those are things you post in their respective feedback areas in this forum. Those bold statements have been made countless times before with just as little details following about all that irks them with X bug that has been around since Y udpate. So far the devs listen a bit more when such things are posted, not vaguely asserted with broad statements.

So no, new content will continue to arrive. The train cannot be stopped.

I didn't propose stopping any and all content production in favor of a patch with nothing but bugfixes.

There's a difference.

Angius, on 02 Sept 2014 - 5:21 PM, said:snapback.png

Let's say, that DE has 100 people - 50 coders and 50 of creative team.

How it is now:
 - 50 people fix bugs
 - 50 people create content and put it in game

Your idea:
 - 50 people fix bugs
 - 50 people create content and do not put it in game

So what? The same people who create concepts have absolutely nothing to do with the first 50 if they have it broken up the way you do. We have no idea how the staff is designated lets not pretend that any of us do.The first 50(the people who fix) are the same people who put the stuff in the game. Update 16 will be the update of a smoother optimized experience and the game will be better for it.

Angius, on 02 Sept 2014 - 5:24 PM, said:snapback.png

The creative team create. That is all they do. It is what they are good at, Coders create CODE. They take assets and CODE them. AFTER the code is fixed the creators content can then be coded properly. I am suggesting that we take the time and create a better environment for the assets to be coded in to.

Angius, on 02 Sept 2014 - 5:32 PM, said:snapback.png

Because after every release there is a series of hotfixes indicating that it is NOT ready for release but is stable enough to not completely break the game. How does no one understand what I am saying here?

Those are things you post in their respective feedback areas in this forum. Those bold statements have been made countless times before with just as little details following about all that irks them with X bug that has been around since Y udpate. So far the devs listen a bit more when such things are posted, not vaguely asserted with broad statements.

So no, new content will continue to arrive. The train cannot be stopped.

Content can arrive. So what? It does not have to be coded into the game. That happens all the time. As a matter of fact what I am proposing is probably already happening on a smaller scale. That is why there is a dev build and a public build. I am proposing doing it on a bigger scale and dedicating ONE development cycle to tightening this baby up....I am not sure where the opposition draws inspiration. I am guessing it is a knee jerk reaction to protect DE. I am not attacking DE nor do I not appreciate all the work they do and have done. I am proposing a way to improve the game I love. It is not drastic. It is playing with the Archwings until U17...How bad is that?

Content can arrive. So what? It does not have to be coded into the game. That happens all the time. As a matter of fact what I am proposing is probably already happening on a smaller scale. That is why there is a dev build and a public build. I am proposing doing it on a bigger scale and dedicating ONE development cycle to tightening this baby up....I am not sure where the opposition draws inspiration. I am guessing it is a knee jerk reaction to protect DE. I am not attacking DE nor do I not appreciate all the work they do and have done. I am proposing a way to improve the game I love. It is not drastic. It is playing with the Archwings until U17...How bad is that?

So you're suggesting they make content but not release it.

Seems like this is just one big argument against the OP now...

I just want to say one thing to others who say that there are already a bunch of fixes: Seeker damage. To elaborate, for a while now regular Seekers have done way too much damage and has not been fixed.

And also to people saying that the creative staff won't have anything to do: with all new content that comes in, there are also a bunch of new bugs that come in also. The art designers (not sure of technical term) don't have to go back and fix things that don't work, or at least not very much. The code people have to work on the new content and old content, which obviously has not all been fixed yet.

On the other hand, the designers will be sitting around doing nothing if there is a focus on fixes.

My opinion: Even though this game does need a giant uber hotfix, it's screwed either way. Let hell commence.