REPORTING HUGE PROBLEM ABOUT MELEE 3.0 PHASE 1:
Hi, I'm an Excalibur main. I play nearly all mission with Excalibur.
In this update, melee 3.0 phase 1, I can see there is huge combat flow improvement and potential. Like instant melee/gun change(Good for doing arbitration as an Excalibur, for no need to turn off EB), directional slam attack.
Those fx are cool, but they are QoF changes. Not as important as those action mechanics.
The huge problem tho...in an Excalibur main perspective.
Is the Glide/Block mechanic.
We always used to use our right mouse button to glide and block, but now, DE make right mouse button constantly as an range weapon aim button.
This is a direct nerf to us, Excalibur players, as we can no longer glide AND BLOCK with our Exalted blade.
It will be much better if we can still do blocking manually.
Problem No.1: Need manual blocking keybind back.
Secondly, channeling. I JUST DON'T KNOW WHY, DE is taking away the "Hold to channel" option, now I can only toggle channeling instead of hold to channel, and that is extremely annoying.
Problem No.2: Need Hold to channel keybind back.
DE know art. DE know how to build a game. DE don't know how to play a game.
Some suggestions that I believe will help Warframe to have a much better melee system.
1. I'm looking forward to future melee phases update. One of them is spamming melee attack IN THE AIR.
Like, imagine if Excal can spam sword waves in the air instead of only 1 swing, that will be so beautiful.
So, No.1, we need separate keybinds for "Slam attack" and "Air attack". And air attack should be able to be performed even facing downward.
2. Melee finisher keybind. We all know that that is annoying when we don't want to perform a melee finisher. It will be cool if melee finisher is optional and have a keybind.
3. Excalibur 3rd's augment. No one in the team can see the enemy is affected by the 300% finisher damage. There is no any mark to show that.
Need mark above enemies that affect by Excalibur 3rd's augment.
4. Bring back no cool down slide acceleration.
This can provide player the way to perform in air/a2g/g2a complex and speedy input and movement for melee action combo. Like, I use it as a small dash. If someone played GunZ will for sure understand what I'm talking about.
1. When insert data mass in MD mission while Exalted blade is on, after inserting, the frame hold gun and exalted blade at the same time.
2. After activate Exalted blade and press "switch weapons", it has an deactivate exalted blade animate, which I assume that it shouldn't be there.
Directional slam is awesome! And I do have an Devil May Cry dream in Warframe, DE, will it happen??
We have directional slam now, and we need 2 more things...or it will be disappointing if phase 1 is being called 2."9"already. For me, not even close to 2.5.
1. separate slam and air attack, and spamable air attack. Like, we can spam air attack while facing down.(Maybe just becuz we're just above the enemy in the air)
2. Melee attack that can drive enemy in the air with Controllable Physics. Such as mechanic in GunZ and DMC.
So that we can Drive enemy in the air>spam air attack>fire>spam air attack>fire>facing upward slash dash with holding glide key>fire>slam!