FEEDBACK ON EMBER AND SOME NOTICEABLE ISSUES
So far, had some fun with her but she feels very annoying due to extreme micro-management on her Immolation meter, which turns into a "Spam 3 or suffer from exponential drain" issue. Passive itself is a really nice passive, rewards you for setting things on fire as the flame-based warframe.
1. So far, main issue is inconsistent Heat procs on enemies. Outside of direct hits, enemies may or may not get Heat procs. Sometimes they just take damage, other times they also suffer from a Heat proc. I am uncertain if this is a bug, but it would be great if this was addressed.
2. Lingering Napalm effect removed. Personally, this would be semi-useful for some minor CC and more AoE debuffs. It would be great if this was re-implemented.
3. 2m-2.4m AoE radius is too small. Multiple 1st abilities have a larger AoE than Fireball, a 20% increase in AoE on full charge is too little of a benefit when charging it costs up to double the energy cost. Even pre-reworked Fireball had a larger AoE, with 3m - 6m fully charged.
This ability is basically the entire backbone of Ember's synergy, so far it feels super micro-management needed in order to maximize your buffs.
1. Exponential energy drain. The drain over time gets often too high to sustain even with 170% efficiency when there is nothing to Fire Blast on. A suggestion is to make the initial drain/s fixed, but have a higher drain over time (maybe fixed 15/s instead of the current exponential 10/s), this is mainly so you can have more leeway on using her abilities at maximum potential. Concerns over people going AFK with this ability also shouldn't be a major issue as she does not nuke or decimate entire maps just by standing still.
2. Feels like reverse Redline, punishing you for maxing the meter when all her buffs rely on it maxed. Immolation by far is the most punishing ability in the game, the exponential energy drain means that you cannot maximize your 90% damage reduction all the time, and on top of this a maximum Immolation meter is needed to maximize all of her abilities to full effect but you are punished for doing so with continuous increasing drain over time.
She basically needs a maxed Immolation meter to maximize Fireball/Fire Blast/Inferno, but she cannot do that due to how Immolation drains each time you use Fire Blast and the exponential energy drain.
3. Buildup of meter can be either super-slow or too fast, resulting in excess need to use Fire Blast. The meter building itself is super slow initially, but as more abilities are used the meter starts building up too fast that even a single Fire Blast will not slow the drain enough. This is an issue which can result in needing to spam Fire Blast unnecessarily, resulting in wastes of energy just to make sure you don't hit the 90% mark too often.
(3) FIRE BLAST:
1. Blocked by obstacles. Most of Fire Blast's potential in non open-world maps like Plains or Fortuna is hindered by it not ignoring walls or obstacles. Some examples of Gauss/Banshee/Frost show that even their abilities ignore walls, but Ember doesn't
2. Base 75 energy for CC and occasional armor strip is too expensive. 75 base energy for a spam-heavy ability needed to "cool down" Immolation is too expensive. This is also considering how you have to use Fire Blast unnecessarily just to lower Immolation's meter. A simple suggestion is to lower the ability cost to 50 energy, since it's main reliance is on Immolation and otherwise, it's only function is to ragdoll CC.)
3. Inconsistent armor strip. You cannot 100% armor strip consistently with Fire Blast due to how the ability lowers your Immolation meter, the main outline for Fire Blast is how you're able to armor strip with it, but the ability itself relies on a maxed meter (which of course will start draining energy/s) and you can only 100% strip once per maxed meter. A suggestion to this is to allow players to hold Fire Blast to lower Immolation, but tapping Fire Blast will allow you to keep a maxed Immolation to strip armor.
1. DoT on marked enemies needs a buff to damage and utility. Currently she deals 5000 explosion damage and 350-700 DoT on marked enemies, with it scaling off Immolation meter. Ember needing to constantly recast the ability to stack the damage also means that she is less energy efficient on nuking with Inferno than most of our DPS frame arsenal.
This feels abit lackluster as Volt, another notable nuke frame with just pure damage has 1200 DoT on Discharge unmodded. On top of this, Volt also doesn't need Line-Of-Sight for his 4 and has CC on it. Ember just spreads DoT marks on enemies. Notable examples include Miasma scaling 4x more on spores without LOS+Viral procs, Peacemakers having moddable damage with LOS, and others.
2. Ability doesn't have any Heat procs aside from the initial explosion. This is more of a subjective issue, as enemies who get "infected" by Inferno's debuff do not get any Heat procs. Inferno is supposed to spread the heat, but why are newly marked enemies not getting Heat procs? A simple suggestion is to give Inferno a 50% status chance to proc Heat on marked enemies. This would help boost Inferno's DoT while also keeping to the theme of spreading the heat.
Overall, Ember is now more interactive and stronger than her old self. However, I do think she needs more work to be on par with some our 2019 frame arsenals if she is intended to be a DPS/CC/Utility Tank hybrid with the likes of Saryn/Mesa/Gara/Gauss/Volt as some of our top DPS/CC/Utility hybrid frames.