I know this is a long post, but I believe some of it needs to be said and seen by DE. I said most of this last devstream, but added some new additions.
I'd really like for you guys to truly focus on end game. I feel like the current combat, warframes, and weapons are pretty solid (excluding the meele 3.0 updates and pet AI in pets 2.0) but veterans that are maxed out like me need a reason to continue logging in each day. This can be done in a few ways.
- Bring back raids. (or make new ones) It would need to be 8 players again though. With Anthem and The Division 2 coming out soon and having raids themselves, Warframe seriously needs them to stay relevent. I know we had ok ones in the past, but we need something that adds more players collaborating together to achieve an objective. Almost all of the game I can solo myself, and I don't want it to be a single player game.
- Railjack can be a good prelude to more boss fights, other than Nef Anyo. You can literally make every star chart boss have their own capital ship, with different guns, ship interiors, and hacking that you need to do. This can be further upgraded if you take syndicates into account, and make syndicate railjack boss fights, with syndicate factions and bosses. In fact, it would be pretty amazing to jump into a syndicate railjack fight kinda like crossfire, where you protect your syndicates capital ship, and attack the enemies capital ship. This could be similar to the sabatage mission we saw at tennocon, as well as a extraction or some sort of mobile defense for our friendly syndicate ship. Also there would be archwing and the player owned ship battle involved as well. This literally forces teamwork and if it works right, it could be very repayable and interesting. (sounds like a good mode for 8 players to me.) 😊 don't be scared of adding more 8 player content. Not everything in Warframe needs to be "bite-sized." My old clan that fell apart a little after raids disappeared, used to do all 3 runs of the raids every single day, and it kept us logging in at the same time each day for like a year straight. I think this was because we had some serious fun with it, and although it was really easy, we did fun stuff like an all Atlas run and an all Loki run, etc. This basically made the game more challenging and forced us to play smart.
- Seriously, scale back the cosmetics. I say this because I don't believe Warframe is in a state to just spam out cosmetics and cash in from play sales. I believe you need to focus on a reason for players to continue logging in. For example, if a new update comes out and it's just tennogen and maybe a couple weapons or a syandana, I won't even log in past getting my login reward. This is because to me, it's not actual content. Sure, I do own almost every tennogen or syandana or cosmetic in the game, but I don't feel like I really need much more. Plus the weapons don't even matter anymore when we have over 400 to choose from.
- Make more umbra frames for The New War. I feel like this is going to happen anyways, but we are dying for a few more Sentient killing frames and weapons for the upcoming story quests. As well as Tau polarity slots..
- You can make Sentients invade planets, much like the kuva fortress with the kuva floods and siphon, you can make a fleet of Sentients invade planets and cause chaos. This could be done like a crossfire mission, where you assist the Grineer, or Corpus, or even some syndicates in there shiny new ships.
- I'd love to finally see some more meele 3.0 in action as well as learn a little more about the changes coming with it. I did hear how you said you wanted to phase out different weapon types, this is fine, just don't take an entire year on the whole thing. We're already pretty far into from the first time we heard about it, and we never even got Revenant's two-handed nikana because of it.
Just some food for thought. I love Warframe, but I'd love me some real end game content. As would most players that get past like Mastery Rank 10. Until that point, you're still just learning the basics and nuances of the game and combat. After that you need a reason to show why you grinded to MR 26 like me.
Also, please add the Hyena Pack into pets 2.0 😉 they already have abilities in game, and those can easily be the mods for them as pets.