Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We need an Archwing Syndicate

MysticDragonMage

Let me start out with a quick review of the current Archwing system as briefly as possible before moving on. Read the "TL;DR" or skip if you don’t want to read wall of text.

Spoiler

If I had a word for its current situation, it would be “awkward” or “arch-ward,” may it trend.

The developers have not created much Archwing content lately, which is understandable; archwing's popularity quickly declined and thus they feel no worth in spending so much time developing it. Instead, they simply applied arching within future content such as a travel/mount mechanic or transitioning mechanic.

The only way to obtain Archwing parts is via syndicates and dojos, Players may not see any worth in dedicating so much time and resources into building these items besides what they are and the mastery they reward. in order to get all Archwing weapon parts, you need to join and betray syndicates as well as sacrifice a high-value item to gain the next title (while it is worth it to do so in order to obtain syndicate weapons and augments, it is not specifically for arch-weapon parts). In order to get Archwing parts, you need first join a dojo or create your own and dedicate so much of your/your clan’s resources to research the parts. Its not just one Archwing set either. dojo’s hold every Archwing type available.

Other details concerning Archwing’s flaws include its actual gameplay. Drifting, though adaptable, has gotten a little out of control which could be fixed with a few physics adjustments or a simple air break function. Melee is a little clunky because your character model needs to be facing the target before it locks on, and there is no clear indication of a locked-on target. For gunplay, I just think hitboxes need adjustments for some enemies so that most of our shots don’t miss.

In general, the entire concept of space battles itself seems to be the only reason why only a handful of people still enjoy Archwing.

TL;DR:

• Archwing's place in the game is a little awkward. Mostly a mounting and transitioning mechanic now. Not its own thing.
  • Basic procedure when progressing. Get mods, get parts, rank up for mastery.
  • The only way to obtain parts is via dojo research and syndicates, both have nothing to do with Archwing.
  • Drifting is out of control. Air break or physics adjusments required (we basically need more control over our momentum).
  • Enemy hitboxes are too precise with their models. Most shots miss.
  • Melee lock on mechanics need to be improved. Add lock-on indication and camera LoS, not character LoS.
  • Archwing is only played for either mastery rank or the fun concept of space battles.

So here is my concept:

What we need is an Archwing Syndicate.

A Syndicate that gives the player reputation for doing Archwing missions and offers them items that they can pay for with that reputation.

Offerings would include:

• Archwing mods
  • arch-weapon parts
  • Archwing parts
  • Archwing augments
  • maybe even Archwing sigils placed on archwings that earn bonus rep if possible.

of course, other offerings are necessary for players that want rewards they may use outside of archwing. This would include items such as:

• relic packs
  • resources
  • built drones
  • maybe air support placements
  • Dare I even say Oxium

I would also like it if weapon and archwing parts where moved from syndicates and dojo’s to these Syndicate offerings, though maybe not all of them.

Along with the faction, create Archwing Syndicate alerts that reward reputation upon completion. This would add more Archwing mission difficulty variety, such as high-level Arch-exterminate missions that we rarely get.

TL;DR:

• Introduce an archwing Syndicate
  • Players play archwing content for archwing reputation
  • Present archwing parts, arch-weapon parts, sigils, and augments as offerings in order to present archwing progression.
  • Present offerings that players can use outside of archwing, such as relic packs, air support drops, and special recources, giving players motivation to play Archwing content specifically for items that can be used outside of archwing.
  • Present daily Archwing Syndicate alerts, presenting mission difficulty variety.

other than that, I've already briefly explained how archwing gameplay can be slightly improved.

• increase enemy hitboxes
  • give us more control over drift (apply an air break or adjust physics)
  • arch-melee lock on needs range indicators. lock-on much be determined by camera LoS, not character model LoS.

I know that it may not turn out exactly how I imagine it, but I think a new Archwing Syndicate in general would really boost Arching’s popularity and will fit well with the game.

This concept is not focused on creating new missions or enemies, though I would like to see these concepts in the comments. This concept is to simply put arching in brighter spotlight. Motivating players to play Archwing content.

Thank you as always for visiting the thread and supporting the concept if done so. Please post your thoughts in the comments below and start conversations with other people.

Fight on, Tenno!

Edited by MysticDragonMage

I agree that Archwing needs some sort of... resurrection. Making special faction (it's called Syndicate, btw), it could make players invest more time into it, given to that it'll actually be rewarding.

I personally perceive the movement of Archwing Weapon parts into other Syndicates Offerings as a really bad joke. It forces player to trade, it literally forces everyone into mechanic which can be both scary for new people and is becoming scary even for everyone else given to what's happening around trading with Platina and banning people who became victims of hackers and their illegal Platina (which is stupid in it's core cause DE acts as if Platina had the same safety marking as bullion) as well. Let's move Archwing Weapon parts to a place where everyone can get it as a reward for daily activity, in this case, new Syndicate is the best place for it. That is, the reason I feel behind this movement of parts and forcing players to trade is simply corporate greed since buying a full weapon from Market or just part from another player means to force another player to buy Platina in the first place.

Archwing is useful in Plains, especially for fast travelling, it's somehow useful there but otherwise useless. The fact remains, however, that DE completely stopped making more content for Archwing and focuses on their super important landscapes (even through Plains of Eidolon were a way to gain experience for DE, it was still fiasco in its own way, especially Bounties and Squad system).

Another thing I really can't comprehend is why, just why we can face only Grineer in deep space. Corpus is technologically far more advanced, you really want to tell me they can't do what Grineer can with their archaic design and inferior technology? Yeah, Corpus always needs their large ships, while Grineer not. And what about Infested? They always pop out around Nodes, always some Invasion, since they absorb and assimilate Grineer and Corpus alike, I would expect to see them in deep space as well, maybe as some sort of invasion fleet which you're supposed to stop from actually landing on some planet. Dear DE, you're shooting yourself into legs and lately even into arms. You threw effort you put into Archwing through the window while it still has so much potential.

Don't even make me start on the removal of Trials, especially Jordas Verdict which utilized Archwing for most of its duration and was actually fun to play.

DE, please notice what you're destroying in your pursuit of landscapes and removal of challenging content. Archwing is now an important part of the game, yet instead of building it deeper and actually making general gameplay better, it's ignored with all it's potential.

Edited by CoreXCZ

5 hours ago, CoreXCZ said:

I agree that Archwing needs some sort of... resurrection. Making special faction (it's called Syndicate, btw), it could make players invest more time into it, given to that it'll actually be rewarding.

I personally perceive the movement of Archwing Weapon parts into other Syndicates Offerings as a really bad joke. It forces player to trade, it literally forces everyone into mechanic which can be both scary for new people and is becoming scary even for everyone else given to what's happening around trading with Platina and banning people who became victims of hackers and their illegal Platina (which is stupid in it's core cause DE acts as if Platina had the same safety marking as bullion) as well. Let's move Archwing Weapon parts to a place where everyone can get it as a reward for daily activity, in this case, new Syndicate is the best place for it. That is, the reason I feel behind this movement of parts and forcing players to trade is simply corporate greed since buying a full weapon from Market or just part from another player means to force another player to buy Platina in the first place.

Archwing is useful in Plains, especially for fast travelling, it's somehow useful there but otherwise useless. The fact remains, however, that DE completely stopped making more content for Archwing and focuses on their super important landscapes (even through Plains of Eidolon were a way to gain experience for DE, it was still fiasco in its own way, especially Bounties and Squad system).

Another thing I really can't comprehend is why, just why we can face only Grineer in deep space. Corpus is technologically far more advanced, you really want to tell me they can't do what Grineer can with their archaic design and inferior technology? Yeah, Corpus always needs their large ships, while Grineer not. And what about Infested? They always pop out around Nodes, always some Invasion, since they absorb and assimilate Grineer and Corpus alike, I would expect to see them in deep space as well, maybe as some sort of invasion fleet which you're supposed to stop from actually landing on some planet. Dear DE, you're shooting yourself into legs and lately even into arms. You threw effort you put into Archwing through the window while it still has so much potential.

Don't even make me start on the removal of Trials, especially Jordas Verdict which utilized Archwing for most of its duration and was actually fun to play.

DE, please notice what you're destroying in your pursuit of landscapes and removal of challenging content. Archwing is now an important part of the game, yet instead of building it deeper and actually making general gameplay better, it's ignored with all it's potential.

fixed. i didn't do it at first because i was not sure if factions like conclave and simarius were considered Syndicates because they dont conflict with others. just wiki'ed it and yes, literally everything that involves reputation is a Syndicate. sorry for that.

i understand your first point. joining a syndicate applies risk and dedication and then we have people trading a lot because they dont want to betray their syndicate (again, its an awkward way to obtain archwing items).

i like archwing as a mount mechanic, but i generally agree with you. archwing on the plains was over-hyped IMO. probably why they are going with hoverboards for the next one.

i would also like to see more tileset variety. deep space corpus tileset sounds interesting and close quarter grineer tilesets as well.