Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[English] Assorted grammar/formatting errors in text displays during missions. (Move to UI & Localization)

(PSN)HeelArgenrost

I've been blessed with having my efforts noticed by DE staff, so I wanted to construct a follow-up thread highlighting similar issues that happen during assorted missions.

The vast majority of these errors either having missing punctuation, incorrectly used punctuation, or awkward formatting. I will divide them into sections, listed in alphabetical order, for better organization.

Here's the list so far:

General

• During missions with Synthesis targets, Simaris refers to Synthesis scanner; this should be Synthesis Scanner (keyword consistency).

Awakening (Tutorial Mission #1)

• Multiple lines in subtitles have punctuation errors:
    • "This is my prize" needs a period at the end (opening cutscene, before Vor speaks).
    • "Bring it out" needs a period at the end (opening cutscene, spoken by Vor).
    • "Its your only way." needs to change Its to It's (half way through the mission, spoken by Lotus).
    • "The Queens want to destroy you, but I need to know more" needs a period at the end (half way through the mission, spoken by Vor).
  • Widgets explaining Warframe's controls during gameplay have multiple format errors. They should read as follows (this assumes the PC version of the game but can logically be translated to consoles):
    • "Press <Key> for <Ability Name>" (Title convention.)
    • "Hold <Key> to Sprint" (Title convention; this description also has an error where the word to is missing.)
    • "Press <Key> to Jump" (Title convention.)
    • "Choose Melee Weapon" (Title convention.)
      • The widget descriptions of both melee weapons need periods at the end. (Sentence convention.)
    • "Melee Attack with <Key>" (Title convention.)
    • "Hold <Key> to Crouch" (Title convention.)
    • "Choose Secondary Weapon" (Title convention.)
      • The widget descriptions of both secondary weapons need periods at the end. (Sentence convention.)
    • "Hold <Key> to Aim" (Title convention.)
    • "<Key> Stealth Attack on unaware enemies." (Sentence convention; this description also appears to have an extra space after <Key>.)
    • "Hold <Key> while moving to slide." (Sentence convention.)
    • "Tap <Key> for Quick Melee" (Title convention; the only error here is that the description appears to have an extra space after <Key>.)
    • "Hold <Key> to Cycle Melee/Ranged" (Title convention; this description appears to have an extra space after <Key>. Also, there are extra spaces before and after the slash in Melee / Ranged.)
    • "Double Jump - Tap <Key> while in the air." (Sentence convention.)
    • "Wall Dash (Across) - Jump onto wall and hold <Key>." (Sentence convention.)
    • "Wall Dash (Up) - Jump forward onto wall while holding <Key>." (Sentence convention; this description also needs to change forwards to forward. Fun fact: this is an American English vs. British English distinction, and while I know Canada uses the latter, Warframe tends to use the former.)
    • "Choose Primary Weapon" (Title convention.)
      • The widget descriptions of both primary weapons need periods at the end. (Sentence convention.)
    • "Tap <Key> to Cycle Weapons" (Title convention.)
    • "Hold <Key> to Cycle Melee/Ranged" (Same rules as the first instance.)

Natah Quest

• Part 1: Scan the New Drones
    • Upon completing both scans, one of Ordis's lines reads "Did the Lotus just abandon the operator get cut off?" (approximated). This should use em dashes ("--") to separate Ordis's tone changes ("Did the Lotus just--abandon the operator--get cut off?"). This type of occurrence happens frequently throughout the game and should be applied in all instances.

Second Dream Quest

• Part 2: Find the Sentient Fragments
    • Alad V: One of his first lines refers to "Those Dogs"; Dogs should be dogs (incorrect capitalization).
    • Alad V: A later line refers to "boogey man of the Corpus"; boogey man should be boogeyman (incorrect word usage).
    • The prompt on the final objective reads "Touch Old-War Fragment"; Old-War should be Old War (incorrect hyphenation).
    • Hunhow: A line refers to "Womb of the sky"; Womb should be womb (incorrect capitalization).
    • Alad V: A line starts with "Yes hurry Tenno but be careful, last time"; this should be "Yes, hurry Tenno, but be careful. Last time" (insufficient punctuation to represent pauses).
  • Part 3: Follow the Stalker
    • On the Orbiter, Alad V: A line says "Tell me, Lotus what is this Reservoir?"; the comma should be placed after Lotus ("Tell me Lotus, what is this Reservoir?").
  • Part 4: Protect the Moon
    • On the Orbiter, Alad V: A line continues with "Lotus you have to tell us your secr- Hey, don't cut me off-"; this should be "Lotus, you have to tell us your secr--Hey, don't cut me off--" (incorrect punctuation to represent pauses and interruptions).
    • Alad V: A line starts with "Uh Oh."; Oh should be oh (incorrect capitalization).
    • Lotus: After destroying the second Pendula, a line refers to "they eye"; this should be "the Eye" (typo, proper noun capitalization).

Challenge Rewards

• All Challenge Reward descriptions except for Rifleman and Treasure Hunter are missing periods at the end of their sentences.
  • Exercising Power and From Within each describe the same type of task but with different formatting. Both descriptions should either read "Use your first/fourth Warframe ability five times/once." or "Use your first/fourth ability five times/once." for consistency; the main convention here is that numbers less than 10 in a sentence represented the way they are here need to be in full word form.
  • Looter reads "Collect 4 energy orbs"; energy should be Energy (keyword consistency).
  • Rifleman reads "Get 30 Rifle kills."; this should be changed to "Get 30 kills with your primary weapon."; this more accurately conveys the challenge objective for cases where the player isn't using an actual rifle as their primary weapon.
  • The challenge completion text reads "Completed. Affinity +X". The format should be changed to either "Completed: +X Affinity" or simply "+X Affinity" (completion is implied); Completed. uses an incorrect period as there is no sentence, and Affinity +X should place the value change first.
    • Additionally, when the value of X is greater than 1000, this is the only instance in the game where comma separation is used (i.e. "Affinity +5,000"). This doesn't occur in any other instance of an Affinity gain, even when the value is greater than 1000, so the comma should be removed.

Fissure/Relic Missions

• At the start of a Fissure mission, one of Lotus's potential lines partially reads "I am detecting a Void Fissures nearby."; a needs to be removed (incorrect grammar for plural).
  • Upon obtaining enough Reactant, one of Lotus's potential lines reads "The Relic has been cracked open return to your Orbiter to find out what is inside." This line has significant errors; the immediately obvious one is the missing period separating two sentences. ("The Relic has been cracked open. Return to your Orbiter to find out what is inside.") The primary error is the fact that this subtitle doesn't match with the spoken line at all. The subtitle should read "The Relic has been cracked open. Finish your mission to find out what's inside."

Mobile Defense Missions

• When approaching terminals prior to defense phases, multiple spoken lines by Lotus in subtitles use incorrect punctuation. In all cases the colon needs to be replaced with a period.
    • "Here is a terminal:" should be "Here is a terminal."
    • "Location reached:" should be "Location reached."
    • "Terminal Spotted:" should be "Terminal spotted." This also fixes incorrect capitalization.
Edited by (PS4)HeelArgenrost
9/19: Additional errors found, WIP

• 1 month later...