Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Bring Events Back As Quests

(PSN)Shade_of_Moons

As the title suggests, this is a suggestion post. This is also my first time posting on a forum, so please bare with me. 

I've been playing Warframe since just a couple months after the PS4 came out. I play the game fairly consistently, but life happens and I missed out on some events. As nice as it would be to be able to get those event rewards again, that's not really what I care about and most of it is available through grinding anyways. What I really want to see is having all of the previous events brought back as replayable quests. The fomorian event alone was so amazing when I was playing through it and I just found it hard to believe that all the work they put into animating and voicing these stories was all just gone after the event ended. I feel like so much story is missed for players who didn't participate in these events and that bringing them back as quests would fill out the game content a bit more. Though I'm not saying the event exclusive rewards should be attainable from running a simple quest. I understand keeping those as exlusive, or requirimg high tier grinding.

Now that I've spent so much time going on about that, I'll throw a bulleted list of concise ideas I'd like to see in the game.

1: Previous events return as playable quests.

2. The ability to toggle dual sidearms to single, either in mission by holding the reload button, or at least in the arsenal.

3. Rhino's Iron Skin texture should apply to his cosmetics.

4. The ability to use benches, other than using the sit emote while standing on top of them. For example, in the personal qaurters on the orbiter.

5. Better scaling on the effects of Air Support.

6. Confirmation prompts for randomize appearance and remove all mods.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I wish you all a wealth of potatoes and triumph in the face of Eidolons.

Edited by (PS4)Shade_of_Loss

Well ... 

1. I'd say no. The participation in such events shows how old you are in the game, and is sort of a prestige thing, like Excalibur Prime, or as used to be Vandal items.

2. Why not, I'd love it reverse to have my Akvasto Prime (this is only my opinion). Yet the interest I feel here is to play with throwing melee. And so I'd say HELL YEAH ! In the arsenal though.

3. Why not. Yet I like my fashion frame without it. Fixing bugs, on the other hand, would be nice. I'm talking about the Phased Vauban and Rubedo-plated Rhino skins which both don't apply to the helmets other than Base and the helmet of the skin. I wouldn't say a damn about it ... If the primed body didn't benefit from this ! Indeed, if you use these skins on a prime frame, it doesn't get you the Base body, it gets you the Primed body. So please ... DE if you ever watch this.

4. Yes ! Chairs and benches would be great as decorations and could give a comfy look to an orbiter, or in a natural dojo, jungle styled room with a marble or polished stone. My my.

5. Yes, as well as fewer and fewer mechanics long ago forgotten. Isn't necessary though, so I don't mind if DE doesn't fix this RIGHT NOW. Good to point that out though.

6. Seems like deja vu for you. But I will say no for randomized colors. Removing mods is another thing, you don't need to do it several times in a row. So yeah, probably, sounds like a good idea.

1 hour ago, Unfazer said:

1. I'd say no. The participation in such events shows how old you are in the game, and is sort of a prestige thing, like Excalibur Prime, or as used to be Vandal items.

I'm not saying to bring back the rewards for completing the event putting scores on players profiles. Those would stat exclusive to the events themselves. I'm just saying to basically make them replayable since there is so much story that has been lost to players who didn't participate in those events.

3. Why not. Yet I like my fashion frame without it. Fixing bugs, on the other hand, would be nice. I'm talking about the Phased Vauban and Rubedo-plated Rhino skins which both don't apply to the helmets other than Base and the helmet of the skin. I wouldn't say a damn about it ... If the primed body didn't benefit from this ! Indeed, if you use these skins on a prime frame, it doesn't get you the Base body, it gets you the Primed body. So please ... DE if you ever watch this.

I'm playing on console, so I don't have access to a lot of those special skins. My main issue on this point is because my Rhino Prime has a white color scheme with gold details, amor matching. When I use Iron Skin in mission, my entire frame turns gold, but my armor and syandana stay that harsh contrasting white. I've stopped using the prime skin to avoid this, but I really liked having the gold.

6. Seems like deja vu for you. But I will say no for randomized colors. Removing mods is another thing, you don't need to do it several times in a row. So yeah, probably, sounds like a good idea.

Again, I play on console and unfortunately they decided to have one button randomize your entire warframes appearance. All colors, armor, sigils, syandana, and colors for all of the above all randomize as soon as you bump one button, easily erasing whatever look you had. Since this is the same button to mod your gear, it happens very easily with no prompt to prevent accidentally undoing everything. It's very frustrating when I'm tweaking my favorite frame and accidentally randomize my entire look with one click.