Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daily Tribute Dev Workshop!

[DE]Rebecca

12 minutes ago, (PS4)FurryZenJustice said:

I love Warframe and it's the only game I've been playing for the last six months. Games that don't respect my time and how I want to play drive me batty. My partner isn't going to understand or respect the idea that I have to interrupt the show we're watching to log in for this or that. And frankly it's kind of insane to expect that. I have certain times that I can play. And I play a lot, probably to my detriment. Please, please, please respect your player's time more.

If I put in 1,000 hours over 250 logins I kind of feel like I should be at the same place as someone who hit 1,000 hours over 1,000 logins no?

Actually, no. Just because one person can only put in 1 hour a day for about 3 years, doesn’t make them any less than someone who put in 4 hours for less than 1 year.

8 minutes ago, ADirtyMonk said:

I dont understand how they dont realize that locking mastery and mods behind a time gate measured in YEARS feels #*!%ing terrible.

To be honest, i don't understand why players can't get that mastery is nearly pointless and that most old players have been doing amazing for years before primed mods were introduced.

I don't understand either how players are ok with having "mastery and mods" locked behind timewalls set in the past but not with stuff that can at least be obtained eventually with no other investment or effort than checking the game for 2 minutes at least once every 24 hours.

So we're going from 700 days to obtain all of the weapons and 900 days to obtain all of the primed mods to 800 days to obtain all the weapons and 700 days to obtain all of the primed mods?

related note: Weapons and equpiment are every 200 days? Well, there are 4 weapons (azima, zenistar, zenith, and sigma & octanis) and 2 equipment options (syandana + upcoming armor set). Doesn't that push it to 1200 days?

The meager Endo increase is fine since that's just a small perk to have. Being able to choose the reward you want is a nice touch as well. I can't help but feel like the net change from this "rework" doesn't really change the system enough to address the concerns and feedback provided over the past 1000 days.

Why is DE sticking to this raw tally system at all? Why not explore a weekly login system or a monthly reward track like many other games have implemented? They achieve the same goals of retention and are often paired with an incentive to play.

I imagine a system which rewards players with random trivial but still beneficial daily rewards like Endo/Credits/small resource packs and then every 7 days (or a specified day of the week) they get a Relic Pack with a chance of any quality aside from Radiant. Not only would it encourage them to log in for the reward, but it would incentivize them to actually engage and play.

This current system is still just a a login check with nothing else to it. It feels like the idea was copied because they saw other games doing it without understanding why they did it. I mean, unless the goal is to just brag about a hollow daily unique user count without substantiating it with anything else like play time / conversion rates helps somehow?

Thanks for the information! I definitely think this is a step in the right direction, but I am disappointed to hear that we won't be able to elect to get a weapon in place of a primed mod or vice-versa. Newer players might want to focus on acquiring all the interesting weapons, or focus instead on getting the best mods.

Since the riven packs are becoming evergreen, will we see more sigils to replace the current spots in the rotation held by the 3x riven mods at the moment?

I'm interested to see what the new types of rewards beyond 1k logins will be. Keep up the good work!

Isn't it time to stop with these daily logins? If someone starts playing right now they will need to wait 3 years just to get the lodestar armor set. And as the game goes on he will effectivelly NEVER be able to get the rewards. Its almost like a Ponzi Scheme. It's not that daily login reward milestones should never exist or be removed, its just that there needs to be a limit to it...

12 minutes ago, TheFatDrake said:

Actually, no. Just because one person can only put in 1 hour a day for about 3 years, doesn’t make them any less than someone who put in 4 hours for less than 1 year.

Isn't this hipster logic. I was there first, so even though our time investment has been the same, the less dedicated (time-wise) player who happened to play the game earlier should be ahead?

For me I'm not upset at all that it takes so long to get a lot of the rewards. Once I put in the time in, it's a nice thank you for being dedicated to the game & a way to set myself apart from other players. So many other games have exclusive items for the players who have been playing a long time or were around for specific events & these items are a point of pride when you have them. Why can't warfare have the same exclusivity of items? It's not a bad thing to have to wait a long time for an item if it gives the item some meaning. 

3 minutes ago, TGDM said:

So we're going from 700 days to obtain all of the weapons and 900 days to obtain all of the primed mods to 800 days to obtain all the weapons and 700 days to obtain all of the primed mods?

related note: Weapons and equpiment are every 200 days? Well, there are 4 weapons (azima, zenistar, zenith, and sigma & octanis) and 2 equipment options (syandana + upcoming armor set). Doesn't that push it to 1200 days?

I didn't notice until you pointed it out, but it appears they switched the mod and equipment milestones. Previously, the [100, 300, 500, ...] set was the weapons and the [200, 400, 600, ...] set was the primed mods. I feel like this should be consistent with the current system.

il y a 5 minutes, ChaosSabre a dit :

This login system rework still sucks for newer players. They should have just made it that every 50 days you can pick one reward you want from those. Thus making weapons not so bad to get for people that want them. It'd still take forever to get them but at least it wouldn't be as bad. Timegating weapons and primed mods is not very good. That's from someone who is hitting that lodestar armor set 1k login milestone in round 13 days.

Totally agree with you!

I really like the changes but, please let us claim our daily tribute off of the Warframe app, that would make it so people with more busy lives or people who travel a lot for their jobs be able to get the rewards still. 

You could set a limit to how many times people can use the mobile app to claim before having to login on a computer again.(A week maybe?)

That is my only extra request for the changes

Gonna throw in my two cents,

While being able to choose which items you want first is a much appreciated improvement, it still doesn't solve the problem of needing to log in for 3+ years to get everything, and as the front runners of the login system keep pushing those high numbers, DE will continue releasing further items to get through logins, and new players are going to be helplessly behind.

I would personally like to see a catch up mechanic added to daily logins(eg, skip alot of the non-milestone days), so new players aren't permanently 3 years behind the content ball. Would need balancing, but at its base it seems like a fair trade-off given you wouldn't get the login rewards for those skipped days. (rare resources, weapon bps, boosters, plat discounts(lots of good stuff you'd be missing out on, but it would be worth it to some.))

I also want to give a special mention to the swapping of the mods with the weapons, i'm not sure why this change was made, but it seems to be upsetting many-a-players. Just keep the weapon on uneven hundreds and mods on even hundreds.

EDIT: swapped milestones fixed, still doesn't address the overarching problem however.

I feel that this new system is a bad idea. There are players that are really close to milestone weapons and now they will need to wait an extra 100 days just to get to the weapon they have been so closed to. I think that is really #*!%ed up

Finally I won't have to wait forever to get the sundial weapons....

oh

wait

3. Weapons and Equipment. Days 200, 400, 600, etc.

This includes the Azima, Zenistar, etc. But also includes the Lodestar Syandana and the upcoming Lodestar Armor Set!

I still have to wait for day 800 for the sword and sheild

Currently, I just need to login for another week to get my primed fury, if you change it...just don't change anything pls. The "new" system isn't any better than the current, people still need to login for 600 days to get all those weapons, which is worse than the current one(500 days). 

il y a 1 minute, Eruyt a dit :

WTF!!! I am 280 days!!! I am counting days to get my Zenistar and now THIS !!! WTF!!! =_=

Please someone tell me that I wont have to log more 100 days to get that @!#$!@ Zenistar!?

People like us near the Zenistar... Don't like this change.... 100 days extra for the Zenistar!! Not Happy @!#$!@

I get the feeling people are worried that this is happening next week and its going to make them restart at day 0 to get whatever their next tier reward was. Going by Rebecca's own post here it sounds like this is still more in the discussion phase and not too much in the development phase since all we've been shown are a few mock-ups and not the real deal. 

Suggestion for the small daily rewards: Update the general drop table and the "3 shell game" drop table with new resources. Veterans might scoff at some Detonite Ampules or Endo pebbles, but I think they'd be at least a little more enthusiastic about Kuva, Wisps, gems or solarium.

I am sorry to say this, but these changes are really not an Improvement at all. 

The only good thing in the daily tributes is the zenistar and i am currently at about 220 days. Now instead of having 80 days left, i am facing 180 days of worthless tributes. 

I feel like i am betrayed of my reward. Please DE find a better solution for this or do not change the system at all.

Archived