Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daily Tribute Dev Workshop!

[DE]Rebecca

Tenno!

You may recall us confirming back in Devstream #100 that we are looking at changing how the Daily Tribute system works. 15 Devstreams later, we had mockups to show, and we relied too much on recall of that 100th Devstream to properly explain the changes, so here’s a write up of two parts: the Scaling day-to-day, and the Milestones!

Scaling Day-to-day:

In the current Daily Tribute system, the day to day rewards have very little scaling. There was two tiers of rewards, so for example, the lower Endo reward was 50 Endo, and the higher was 80. And then we decided if you got lower or higher based on Mastery Rank times 5%. So a Mastery Rank 10 player would have a 50/50 chance and a Mastery Rank 20 player would be guaranteed to get the higher reward. Which isn’t much scaling at all.

On the new system it now scales based on the amount of days you have logged on. They increase by 25% for every 50 days. So for the example of Endo, the starting value will be 50 Endo, someone at 400 days, will get 3x the rewards as someone just starting, 150 Endo. For the veterans on day 900, it would be 275 Endo. This is just free Endo for logging in that now scales better - we know that’s not headline news, but it is better.

MR

Old Endo Average

Days

New Endo Average

It’s largely the 50 day intervals that are under discussion, so let’s take a look at the changes there:

Milestones:

For Daily Tribute milestone rewards, we’ve divided them into three separate categories that will appear at the intervals listed below:

1. Sigils and Resources. Days 50, 150, 250, etc.

Includes packs like Sigil, Forma and Orokin Reactor. All existing packs will be an option for these intervals.
Includes evergreen packs like 3 x Riven Mod and we are considering adding 3 x Forma.

2. Primed Mods. Days 100, 300, 500, etc. 200, 400, 600, etc.

All existing Primed Mods will be an option for these intervals.

3. Weapons and Equipment. Days 200, 400, 600, etc. 100, 300, 500, etc.

This includes the Azima, Zenistar, etc. But also includes the Lodestar Syandana and the upcoming Lodestar Armor Set!

The simple explanation here is that once you've reached a given category, you pick an eligible item from that category. We are also looking into adding a fourth category past the 1000 Milestone with more 'evergreen' rewards'.

Under some amount of debate is also Milestone rewards such as Primed Mods and Weapons, being tradable. At this time, we are removing this from the plan.

As a final point, we are making these changes because the linearity and complete lack of customization of the system is starting to show its age. We've made it only slightly more flexible while still respecting the core need to login frequently. Personalization is a huge part of Warframe and we think that this changes the Daily Tribute system to better reflect that. With the new track milestones, we're hoping each Tenno will have a reason to look forward to those 50 day logins.

So stay tuned all, hopefully this clarifies the current plan!

EDIT - 2:31 PM EST
After reading your feedback, we are switching the tracks for Primed Mods and Weapons/Equipment to respect current milestones. The main post has been edited to reflect this change, here's the list of updated tracks for posterity:

1. Sigils and Resources. Days 50, 150, 250, etc.

2. Weapons and Equipment. Days 100, 300, 500, etc. 

3. Primed Mods. Days 200, 400, 600, etc.

Interesting. I am happy to see progress to allow players the freedom of choice to gather what they want when they want while still maintaining the current system. I have a question though. Will players be able to choose a reward more than once? For example, 2 Primed Fury mods could be useful for players who enjoy using Deconstructor Prime.

EDIT: Also, with these changes, as someone who is closing in on 1000 days, this system shows no change for anyone who has missed (almost) no login days. Will rewards be added more often then every 50 days at the last second?

Everything looks good so far, scaling rewards will be nice to see. 

I think overall having the awarded items being untradable would be the better option, avoids the problem of people mass-farming daily log in rewards on accounts to trade them over to sell. Similar to a past issue where people did that for 75% plat discounts. 

Scaling is always nice! THANK YOU FOR NOT MAKING THEM TRADEABLE!!! Alt farming rewards would be a huge problem and all your statistics would be even more skewed. If your going to make the insulting decision to allow players to choose rewards, mastery lock the weapons!!

Or please better yet, don't allow it... It takes away the strive to aim for something and the sense of accomplishment...

And this is coming from someone who trashed azima before the magazine ejection function was fixed.

I take back what I said on Twitter. This sounds like a great system. And I'm especially happy about the unique Primed mods and Daily Tribute weapons no longer being tradeable in the update. Thank you guys for your hard work!!

Still not entirely keen on the idea of weapons and primed mods with unique mechanics being locked behind hundreds of days. This doesn't feel like enough of an improvement, considering it'll still take literally over two years to get all of them assuming you're consistent with logging in

Could there be something in place to allow people who reach that 1000th day 1100th 1200th... Get access to the milestone before say someone on their 100th? Or 200th? Basically a lvl of exclusivity for those if us who have loyaly logged in.

I mean i remember the old system, this is way better than that... I wish days logged in from the old system could be carried into this system and we could get an exclusive sigil/cosmetic for it. Fashion frame is true endgame after all.

This is excellent news, the old system has really been showing its age 😊 while as a veteran it'll be nice to get some bigger rewards for my dailies, I'm much more excited for the new players that'll be able to get their hands on these rewards without multiple consecutive years of logging in 😁

Thanks guys! 

1. I'd like to see the scaling of endo, credits reward increased. You can either increase the base amount, which would help greatly for new players, or increase the scaling of the reward, 25% to 50% (or more). I know these are just trivial rewards but it is better to feel that when u reach a milestone of days, the reward is not just an amount of endo that you can pick up in one mission.

2. I applaud the no trading policy, as it would only promote phantom accounts for trading.

3. I'd like to see a decrease in the intervals, 50 to 30. 

4. What do you plan to have in the middle of these intervals, some random RNG rewards? I think there should be something given in the middle of the intervals so that we do not feel like we are waiting for a paycheck. Your players like to be rewarded.

If the point of this change is to alleviate the necessity of logging in for Three Years to obtain all of the notable Primed Mods/Tribute Weapons, it doesn't sound like the proposed changes offer anything to that objective? If that wasn't the goal of changing Daily Tribute then why bother in the first place?

Making everything tradeable was at least a functional way to get around the "three years" issue. If you canned that idea because there is some fear that people would start creating extra accounts to farm login days to sell these, it underlines a/the fundamental issue with the system at large.

With regards to the Daily Tribute changes, will there be further changes to some rewards on the Daily Tribute drop tables such as resources? Long-time players surely do not need a minuscule number of resources from daily log-ins such as Detonite Ampules or Neurodes as there are far better sources of said resources elsewhere. These resources only serve to dilute the droptables and also leads to a lack of incentives to log in daily and I hope to see the less useful rewards be retired from the Daily Tribute system when the changes roll about. 

I really like that you're rethinking the rewards. Nice work.

The only question for me is that I'm coming up on 200 days played (150 something right now) and Primed Fury. Under this new system, would I have to wait until 300 days until I got my first Primed mod option?

Archived