Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daily Tribute Dev Workshop!

[DE]Rebecca

Sounds much better. I'm also glad you decided to steer clear of trade complications.

> We are also looking into adding a fourth category past the 1000 Milestone with more 'evergreen' rewards'.

This would be nice, having to choose a duplicate weapon at a 200 day interval would be ok (free slot)...but being able to pick something like a riven pack or a resource booster could be preferable...

So if I understand correctly, the category (evergreen/resource, cosmetics, or weapon) will be determined by the amount of days logged in (ie on day 200 it's a weapon), but the player will be able to pick what they'd like to work towards. So on day 200 they get a weapon, then they are asked to pick a sigil/resource that they'll get on 250.

In the end, to own the whole selection, people will require the same amount of logins, so it all evens out, veteran or not.

Intriguing, thanks for the info. 😉 

2 minutes ago, Emalde said:

If the point of this change is to alleviate the necessity of logging in for Three Years to obtain all of the notable Primed Mods/Tribute Weapons, it doesn't sound like the proposed changes offer anything to that objective? If that wasn't the goal of changing Daily Tribute then why bother in the first place?

Making everything tradeable was at least a functional way to get around the "three years" issue. If you canned that idea because there is some fear that people would start creating extra accounts to farm login days to sell these, it underlines a/the fundamental issue with the system at large.

I disagree... Everything can be obtained in this new system without trading. Trading will allow people to stack accounts to make platinum off trading primed fury and the like. It can be abused too heavily.

This is neat, but I’d love for the ability to have the login rewards available on the app as well. It’s not every day I can get to my computer, but I always have my phone on me. Maybe even have Wyrmious, Happy Zephyr and/or Frame Fighter as a means to use the boosters too on the app.

Any scaling on non-Endo rewards? Any chance to get Cryo or Oxium in daily rewards?

Also, while I'm a relative late-comer to the game starting late last year, I have 600+ hours and I'm MR 24 so I'm a heavy player. Is there any chance to get some form of accelerated reward system in place? I know there's a balancing act here, but it's frustrating to know it's going to take another year or more just to get all the weapons.

I like it, keeps the exclusivity of those who have all four of the weapons, the Zenistar/Azima/Zenith/Sigma and Octantis to players who have 800 Days logged in, while allowing players to pick any one of them at the 200 day login.

And good call on not making them trade-able, because that part actually made no sense... the only people you'd trade them to would be players with less than 200 days played... who are going to get their pick of these weapons anyway...

Yeah, this does seem fair, and seeing the scaling rewards was a very welcome nod to us Veterans who have more than 600-700-800 days logged in already ^^ Thanks guys, this one is much more fair than I'd thought it was going to be.

Ok so I've been logging I  for over 450 days and I've been so excited to get my zenith. But you are saying I need to wait another 100 extra days because you decided to switch prime mods with weapons. Please reconsider.

so, I just passed day 200. does that mean i have to wait till 400 to try and get the zenistar after this is implemented? because i was already getting exciting that day 300 was getting closer an closer, but if it just gets pushed back to day 400  that means another 3+ months LONGER than what i would have to log in under the current system (assuming i miss no days at all). If i had known this was the plan, i wouldve just quit playing warframe on day 199 until this was implemented.

As a current MR 25 player only missing 2 weapons and 350 days in to the current login system (and someone that played a lot before the current login system was ever introduced)...

From the moment the reworked was announced I was filled with joy that I would be able to target each of the Mastery related items 1 by 1 every 50 days. They're all I care about and all that matter to a lot [completionist] players. Since we're not going to be able to do that, what's the point of the rework?

The Zenistar is single-handedly the best solo/endurance melee in the game. Even under this new system a player has to wait TWO HUNDRED DAYS to experience the joy and badassery this weapons brings.

You're not fixing anything with this proposed rework; you're just skewing when we can get things.

Mods and weapons shouldn't be behind the daily login milestones, no matter how useless they are.It's just anti-fun to have to wait 200, 400, 600 days just to get a couple of weapons and i imagine it's even worse for someone just joining in having to wait 2-3 years (that is if they do log-in every single day) just to get something.

I'm all for having cosmetic items in it...

Will there ever possibly be a way for players to catch up somehow on the log-ins? Especially players like me who work all the time and can’t log in daily and are waaaay back in between 450 and 500...?

It’s rather disheartening when you know what all the upcoming rewards will be and have no easier way of obtaining them because all you can do is wait hundreds of days for them.

I just recently got the 400th day Primed vigor, and am currently less than 90 days from getting the Zenith, but the new proposed changes means I'll be another 190ish days from the Zenith...
I'm going to have to wait an additional 3+ months to get another weapon.

I've been playing nearly a year now. I'm pretty bad at consistent log-ins and have been sitting waiting to get the zenith, this doesn't seem like it will help me at all. This doesn't really fix anything in my eyes. I feel the rewards need to stay cosmetic. I'm locked out of weapons because I can't log on every single day, even though I'm MR20 now and right around 200+ daily rewards. The original idea that I gt from this seemed better to me; that every interval would allow you to choose your reward, giving better incentive to logging on at least for those 50 days rather than having to still wait 100-even more daily log-ins to then be able to choose. IDK, just my take on it. You can't satisfy everyone I guess

It looks good !
But personally, I always thought it lacks something essential to this system ..
An overview.
Could we have that ?
An overview, in game, of the path of daily tribute ?
Put that on a button in our profile if you want ^^
Just to see, in advance, the choice that is on the 100 days, the 500 days .. ect ..
it would show the new players that these objects exist, and that they are there, in this system of reward, on this particular milestone.

21 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

2. Primed Mods. Days 100, 300, 500, etc.

All existing Primed Mods will be an option for these intervals.

I take this includes not only daily tribute-exclusives like Vigor, Fury and Shred but also the ones from Baro?

Honestly, that sounds like barely anything will change overall, days ending with 50 will still be rather uninteresting and getting worthwhile stuff (like weapons and primed mods) will still take years given no catch-up mechanic in any form. It's just punishing for people that missed logins no matter whether it's because of not starting to play the game soon enough or any other reason.

7 minutes ago, Pyrah said:

This is neat, but I’d love for the ability to have the login rewards available on the app as well. It’s not every day I can get to my computer, but I always have my phone on me. Maybe even have Wyrmious, Happy Zephyr and/or Frame Fighter as a means to use the boosters too on the app.

Logging in on the app isnt logging into the game. Could be abused heavily. 

Just a quick note, as others have pointed out already, the current daily tribute gives weapon rewards (and the lodestar syandana) at days 100 - 300 - 500 - 700 - 800, and primed mods at days 200 - 400 - 600 - 900. If you switch the days around so that primed mods are given at 100 - 300 - 500 etc., it means everyone who has over 100 login days but under 200 days won't get their first primed mod until day 300, and a similiar delay effect will hit those at >300 and <400 days etc.Just a quick note, the current daily tribute gives weapon rewards (and the lodestar syandana) at days 100 - 300 - 500 - 700 - 800, and primed mods at days 200 - 400 - 600 - 900. If you switch the days around so that primed mods are given at 100 - 300 - 500 etc., it means everyone who has over 100 login days but under 200 days won't get their first primed mod until day 300, and a similiar delay effect will hit those at >300 and <400 days etc.

I crossed 200 day login reward a week ago so that means I won't be able to get a weapon like Zenistar,Sigma octantis,azima etc until 400th day comes ! I was looking forward to day 300 for weapon(Zenistar). Are you #*!%ing kidding me ?

Any thought to compressing the gain? Say 30 days instead of 50? I'd even be okay with long-term players just getting a whole bunch of rewards all at once. That would still be 600 days for everything in the current system, which is a lot. Warframe is getting this huge wave of positive press right now for being an awesome game. It seems bad to appear to be punishing newer players with this system.

This doesn't seem much of an improvement to me, this still locks all the good rewards behind months or even years of playing, for example the Zenith, Zenistar, and Sigma & Octantis are all good weapons, currently it would take 700 days to get all 3, with the new system, it would take 600 days, that's still almost 2 years, not much of an improvement.

Also are you planning to add more primed mods? Because swapping primed mods to day 100 and weapons and equipment to 200 means that within 700 days you would have all the primed mods, but 1200 days for all the weapons and equipment.

Personally I think a better option would be every 50 days you could pick any weapon, primed mod, or sigil pack. Lodestar Syandana could switch to a forced reward at 500 days, and the new armor pack could stay as a forced reward for 1000 days. This would allow new players to catch up faster as they could choose the rewards that would have the biggest impact on their gameplay first, while leaving the more obvious cosmetic items time locked to allow bragging about them. 

Archived