Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daily Tribute Dev Workshop!

[DE]Rebecca

To be honest the whole tribute idea is not bad by itself, however its not realistic either.

Rewards appear at every 50th day. Player then must login every single day without ever missing even one in order to have been able to keep get all rewards. I highly doubt that the players that achieved that are many. And the more you miss or the later you join warframe, the more disconnected you are with the system.

I guess thats the whole idea of this whole workshop - to fix this up a little bit.

So how about keep this split in the categories they - weapons and mods being one after another with cosmetics/utility being in between all of them - but also introduce progressions scaling so people can catch up with it?

Keep new milestones comming up at every 50 days, but allow players to get their rewards faster until they exaust all possible ones. At every 30 days, or even better at 50-<player mastery rank>, so at MR25 that would be every 25 days.

Wow I never foresaw this topic was going to be such a storm... I'd like to bring in my views as a newish middle tier player as I did in Brozime's video about it:

I really think the ethos of the game should be that any thing that affects gameplay significantly should be obtainable through gameplay. I think DE made a mistake when they included weapons and mods exclusive to the tribute system, specially when some of them are meta defining. Your power should be defined by how much you've played and how well you've played but going through the effort of keeping Warframe in your life and remembering to check in with the game every day of course deserves a reward. 

Proposed solution: Remove all gameplay items from the reward table and make them available in game gated behind any appropiate system you'd like and put prestige cosmetic items instead. Then, retroactively give all the new reward items to the people who have already reached the milestones since the system was implemented.

Now, people who are days away from the zenistar just got very mad at me, so it would also be necessary to allow people who are, say 10 days away or less of a gameplay reward to purchase get it easily.

Disclaimer: I'm 245 days in, 800h MR19 at the moment of writing this, so I'm not eligible for any of the criteria above and my propsal comes from zero emotional attachment.

Other thoughts/What I've experienced so far is: I love the sigils, they're beautiful and a badge of honor and they put a smile in my face when I get them. The difference between having primed fury and not having it is way larger than I imagined before having it and I don't understand why something that affects gameplay at that scale is not obtainable playing the game. I've heard zenistar and primed shred are similar in that regard. 

Honestly I hope we'll find a solution that makes everyone happy soon. 

Thanks for reading!

I am a veteran I have well over 2000 hours, I have been here since U7.

I find the hottakes about "the Scandal" that is the new login rewards system to be ... strange. Just strange and wierdly upset about a system that was not that great to begin with. Does it really matter that you have the Sigma&Octantis and someone else doesn't. Who will notice it anyways. I dont check the other loadouts in Public matches to find rare things to be envious about. I never bought the Excalibur Prime Founderspack. It does not cripple my gameplay experience that my collection is missing a single Warframe (and now I have a Umbra aswell).

Why are some folks so upset about a system that is peripheral and is going from kinda meh to kinda meh?

I dont care about the new login reward system being opened up to pretty much everyone. It is and always has been an awful way to introduce prestige anyway. Also nooen will have everything Immediately. Some people sound like they have to share their Villas with a vagrant all of a sudden.

It is exclusionary, it is tedious and it provides no real value. and some of the rewards are terrible (hello "Primed Surefooted"). I'd much rather have the new system and some real prestige rooted in actual gameplay. Something that says "you are awesome" that does not require me to log in every day.

I would love to see a system that rewards and supports newer players much more than the veterans. I know that I love this game. I dont need 80 Endo to come back every day. A new player however might need an extra warframe slot or a reactor instead of 10000 credits that he does not know what to spend on.

Would a better login reward system be nice? Sure! But this is neither the untimate betrayal nor the ultimate answer. I feel it is far from both.

9 minutes ago, thebrainbrain said:

I am a veteran I have well over 2000 hours, I have been here since U7.

I find the hottakes about "the Scandal" that is the new login rewards system to be ... strange. Just strange and wierdly upset about a system that was not that great to begin with. Does it really matter that you have the Sigma&Octantis and someone else doesn't. Who will notice it anyways. I dont check the other loadouts in Public matches to find rare things to be envious about. I never bought the Excalibur Prime Founderspack. It does not cripple my gameplay experience that my collection is missing a single Warframe (and now I have a Umbra aswell).

Why are some folks so upset about a system that is peripheral and is going from kinda meh to kinda meh?

I dont care about the new login reward system being opened up to pretty much everyone. It is and always has been an awful way to introduce prestige anyway. Also nooen will have everything Immediately. Some people sound like they have to share their Villas with a vagrant all of a sudden.

It is exclusionary, it is tedious and it provides no real value. and some of the rewards are terrible (hello "Primed Surefooted"). I'd much rather have the new system and some real prestige rooted in actual gameplay. Something that says "you are awesome" that does not require me to log in every day.

I would love to see a system that rewards and supports newer players much more than the veterans. I know that I love this game. I dont need 80 Endo to come back every day. A new player however might need an extra warframe slot or a reactor instead of 10000 credits that he does not know what to spend on.

Would a better login reward system be nice? Sure! But this is neither the untimate betrayal nor the ultimate answer. I feel it is far from both.

This^. I think login rewards should be Warframe slots, Weapon slots, and Orokin Reactors. In my experience Orokin Reactors have a way too low drop chance. I've been playing for a while now, and I don't know if my game is glitched or I'm simply just the unluckiest person in the world, but I'm not getting any Orokin Reactors at all. No alerts that offer them. None from Sorties. Nothing. This is severely crippling the mod potential of my Warframes. At this point it looks like the only way for me to get Orokin Reactors is by spending Platinum. 😞

Is there some other way to obtain Orokin Reactors that I'm not aware of? Can you get them from Bounties? I guess I'm just going to have to Forma every slot of all of my Warframes in order to fit in the mods that I want to use. 😞

As a 1500 hour veteran... I also don't get the issue.

Let younger players have cool stuff. I don't log in for years for a weapon - I log in to play.

If more players can partake in the awesomeness of looking like me (for I am the pinnacle of a mediocre player who has too much time to play and not a lot of skill)... good for them?

1 minute ago, Dhrekr said:

As a 1500 hour veteran... I also don't get the issue.

Let younger players have cool stuff. I don't log in for years for a weapon - I log in to play.

If more players can partake in the awesomeness of looking like me (for I am the pinnacle of a mediocre player who has too much time to play and not a lot of skill)... good for them?

game is huge ther's a lot of cool stuff out there for this "younger players" 

damn issue is they want everything as fast as possible and keep cry loud about it all the time

whats next focus trees and syndicates or will they even ask for the mythical exc prime

I find the complaints don't come from true veterans. They are people who logged in for the past two, maybe three years. The old vets will remember when the idea of trading was a far off thought. The old vets will remember how exciting solar conflicts and alliances were. The old vets will remember when the only bows in the game were the dread and paris set. The new popularity with Warframe is nice, but I don't want people to forget the wonderful relationship we have with DE, the fun sharing and supportive nature of the Warframe community, and the times when we were uncertain if we'd even have Warframe later down the line. I hope the crank and entitled minority shrinks. Playing for two years doesn't make you a vet. Heck, being a vet doesn't even make you a vet. Being a vet is having that vet mindset.

25 minutes ago, (PS4)NachoZissou said:

Big fuss over nothing in my opinion. 

Yeah. 

25 minutes ago, (PS4)Dead_End895 said:

This^. I think login rewards should be Warframe slots, Weapon slots, and Orokin Reactors

No. 

22 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

I don't log in for years for a weapon - I log in to play

Haven't been around as long as you, but yeah. 

Just now, HIGHDAMAGE said:

damn issue is they want everything as fast as possible and keep cry loud about it all the time

That's funny. At the moment, those who are crying out loud are the veterans.

All squealing, coming both from greedy newbies and from stingy veterans, still sounds like squealing.

7 minutes ago, HIGHDAMAGE said:

whats next focus trees and syndicates or will they even ask for the mythical exc prime

Remember how some time ago, with ESO, some veterans cried that this was a huge slap in their face and the worse thing to ever happen because now even newbies could have full Focus and all of that? I remember quite a number of "veterans" crying.

After a couple of months, nobody even cares. That's how much it affected the game. Same with the login system.

Also, I don't see why you say "even ask for the mythical exc prime" as if that was unthinkable. There has probably been one such thread popping up every week for the last 5 years. "Asking for the mythical exc prime" is basically a Forum must, at this point.

DE,

Why not make another set of items(weapons, cosmetics, etc) and put it within intervals of the current milestone. Just like you guys make people forget about Excalibur Prime with Umbra. Thus new players get their new weapons n cosmetics n veterans have the thing they've been waiting for years. And it will reduce the intervals between milestones. so players will be attracted to it more. But please keep the current milestones items prestige for players who hv been logging in for soooo long time.

TLDR: Just add new items within intervals

Login reward = redundant = superfluous 

Even discussing dis is the same. What sort of value this brings to the game? Is this the game of the logins?
I seriously don't care AT all about peanuts. And personally I think there's more important things (Crashes, eidolon hunt BUGS and wf stuck etc).

login rewards brings NOTHING to the game, despiste the charts (is this all about charts?). For me DE failed like never did before. If they want to bring new people there's more important and urgent issues.

The issue is that literally every other game has timed exclusive reawrds,  or rewards you get for hard work and only hard work.  They make you feel like youre rewarded for supporting their games by letting you show off, even if its just looks.  

How many other games have you logged into as a newbie and been awed by someones glowy flashy armor and weapons.  All the ones ive played at least.  

Warframe had that and now it doesnt.  Every event has had its prestigous weapons tossed out for the taking to any newbie now. All event mods have been rereleased with the exception of primed chamber (weirdly)  and the login rewards really are the last of the things people who have played the game consistantly for a long time can show for it, and theyre giving the newbies those too.  

2 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

That's funny. At the moment, those who are crying out loud are the veterans.

All squealing, coming both from greedy newbies and from stingy veterans, still sounds like squealing.

Remember how some time ago, with ESO, some veterans cried that this was a huge slap in their face and the worse thing to ever happen because now even newbies could have full Focus and all of that? I remember quite a number of "veterans" crying.

After a couple of months, nobody even cares. That's how much it affected the game. Same with the login system.

Also, I don't see why you say "even ask for the mythical exc prime" as if that was unthinkable. There has probably been one such thread popping up every week for the last 5 years. "Asking for the mythical exc prime" is basically a Forum must, at this point.

no no no those being upset right now are those who played the game continuously the Q.Q guys are here 

as i know focus is still locked after a time wall (personally i did choose adaro) my concern is will ^^ try to smash that wall next 

Doesn't really matter how many hours you've played.

Only thing that really matters is if you thought about Warframe every day as the login system was designed to do.

That effort; be it even 5 minutes a day is pushed aside with no real care just as DE pretty much gave away one of the most exclusive items in the game ( Rift Sigil ). It's pretty clear they only care about the new player experience and that will likely never change.

The only difference between the login systems is that new players can get things that other players have put 900+ days into which removes the exclusive value of these items and in the end exclusive items are the only thing that separate a 5+ year players from a first year player in this game. Seeing another player with Rift Sigil means nothing now and any Founder playing Excal Prime over Umbra is just being foolish.

There is nothing in this game any longer that separates veteran from newbie. Esp content.

Very Very important!

I'm pretty sure that I'm not alone in this, and that it also applies to other of varying Mastery Ranks and Daily progress etc. I'm sure what DE is doing with this system is gonna be great or get updated and reworked to look great in future, but like, can it wait like a week? I'm three days away from another primed mod,  and Billy over there is two days away from his first weapon etc etc.

Please DE, if there isn't a way to ensure that people on the cusp of milestones don't get screwed over with the implimentation of new scaling and whatever, absolutely set a big red flashing warning with a clear release date for this change with enough time for all of us to either grab those really close milestones or go into mourning. 👻

47 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Seeing another player with Rift Sigil means nothing now

That's funny, it meant nothing to me before either. And if I have things right, that sigil was given out before as well. There was no way to tell who got it the first time around from the second time around. 

If someone is trying to rate their enjoyment of things in the game based on some misguided sense of "I have something you don't", then yeah I can see your argument holding merit. If someone is actually looking at how a player plays the game, instead of trying to compare cosmetics..... then not so much. 

56 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

There is nothing in this game any longer that separates veteran from newbie.

Well then, I suppose that means that those veterans aren't particularly good players, because a lot of newbies aren't particularly good. Maybe that's why they focused so much on the 'exclusivity' of the shiny baubles they had? 

If it's any consolation I've never actually worn that sigil in a mission, and there were more than a few people who figured Excal prime really wasn't worth the angst that so many people seemed to have, and that was long before Umbra came along. 

These changes change nothing at all.
It's still an excessive 50 days to get to each milestone.
It's still a monumental 700 days to get all weapons.
The only change here is the fact that resource rewards scale with mastery, which is irrelevant for anyone actively playing the game, but still a nice addition.

I'd be okay with this if I could choose whatever I'm missing at each milestone, instead of having to pick something I'm not interested in, but I'd still be annoyed at it taking 50 days each.

Elder Scrolls Online has me coming back for daily logins without any complaints. There are about 20 days worth of rewards each month that they change every month. From various junk, to a single unique item in the middle of it and finally loot boxes at the final days. Logging in after getting all rewards and before the next month starts offers nothing, but allows people to catch up.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

That's funny, it meant nothing to me before either. And if I have things right, that sigil was given out before as well. There was no way to tell who got it the first time around from the second time around.

It was given out for the Phoenix Intercept Event in 2015 and once again at less than 1% reward chance in an endlessness Tactical alert event. DE made it a rare item on purpose much like Primed Chamber. So it was very exclusive. Regardless what it mean to you; it was a rare item. very rare. "Enjoyment" is subjective rarity is not and rarity will always have value or purpose in a video game.

Veterans good? What's there to be good at anymore? DE has eliminated any incentive for players to push themselves and ignored veterans numerous times when we ask for more difficult content because as I mentioned. The "New Direction of Warframe" does not have long term players as an interest.

Players didn't care about Excal Prime because it was a tiny increase while Founders should be outright furious over Excal Umbra who can muster over twice the eHP of Excal Prime let alone normal Excal. The most exclusive item in the game, given to players for literally saving this company and supporting them with their money was pushed aside by something any player can get a week from starting.

There is no such thing as " Veteran " in Warframe. If there were; how would you even know? That's my point.

2 hours ago, (PS4)NachoZissou said:

Big fuss over nothing in my opinion. 

This. 

It is a non issue. 

6 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

There is no such thing as " Veteran " in Warframe. If there were; how would you even know? That's my point.

Six years and 5500 hours and all the content consumed in that time in the game says so. 

Fundamentally, I've never regarded the login reward system as anything but a bonus for doing something I was going to do anyway. 

I think the problem is that it's a metric that doesn't accurately measure a player's dedication to the game.

A simple hypothetical: A person could log in every day and only play rarely. Another person could play for long periods every few days, but cannot log in daily due to various reasons. Who is more dedicated? It could be argued that both are equivalent. However, due to the arbitrary daily tracker, the first player is deemed more "dedicated". Logging in does not necessarily mean playing.

Many old-timers are in situations like this. They played a lot before the Daily Tribute system was ever implemented. However, since they are maybe not as active now, they are deemed to be less dedicated, by this system.

The proposed changes are an improvement. This is not up for dispute. However, they are so lackluster that they seem totally irrelevant in the wake of the literal years-long gating of items.

I'm personally not hung up about it, but I can see why others would be. As for the exclusivity side, I don't really let such trivial things bother me at my age.

4 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

"Enjoyment" is subjective rarity is not and rarity will always have value or purpose in a video game.

And what purpose does it serve other than being rare? 

6 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Veterans good? What's there to be good at anymore?

Ah, well, there you go. 

7 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Players didn't care about Excal Prime because it was a tiny increase while Founders should be outright furious over Excal Umbra who can muster over twice the eHP of Excal Prime let alone normal Excal.

Ahhhhh but it's soooooo rare. Which I'm told always has a value and purpose in video games. 😁 Can't have it both ways mate, pick a line and stick with it. 

9 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

They'd play better than a newb like me. 😅 

But you must be thinking about veterans like the ones who dress up in their old uniforms, put on their old medals, and sit around all day comparing old war stories, and doing little else other than gather dust and mutter about whippersnappers. 

And I doubt we'll ever run out of those. 

4 minutes ago, ArcKnight9202 said:

Many old-timers are in situations like this. They played a lot before the Daily Tribute system was ever implemented. However, since they are maybe not as active now, they are deemed to be less dedicated, by this system.

Emphasis added, because that's a pretty good definition of less dedicated if you think about it. 

Archived