Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daily Tribute Dev Workshop!

[DE]Rebecca

Sooooooooooo lets say if I'm currently on day 499, 1 day away from the Zenith under the current system. And you happen to patch to the new system on that day. I'm presuming that means I now have to wait and extra 100 days to get that reward huh? You understand that I might not think this is better for me right? 😛

I already passed the 200 weapon milestone and am really looking forward to the zenistar, at 300. Im at 273, i would be really disappointed having to wait till 400 for it, it would be absolutely amazing being able to have a choice on older milestones because I would choose the zenistar above the Azima not only because i like melee, but because of the more useful secondary fire mode. A short look at it would be very useful and would make it a choice. 

Thanks for maybe reading this, your game made me discover my secret love for leveling and grinding. 

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

3. Weapons and Equipment. Days 200, 400, 600, etc.

With this current scaling aren't you increasing the required time to aqquire all the login weapons by 100 days, seeing as how currentley you require 700 days to aqquire all 4 weapons and with that system you would require 800? Maybe i'm misunderstanding something.

It was indeed a typo, the margins remain the same, good step in the right direction but the numbers need to be revised to solve the issues i currentley have with the daily logins, the 2 year completion time.

Hmm, I thought the purpose of fixing milestones was to let people choose if they want mods/weapons/cosmetics first, but this proposal makes no changes at all to that... Slightly disappointed, that I will have to get 800 days to get all weapons and mods locked behind Daily Tribute. 3 EFFIN' YEARS.

3 minutes ago, Neonpkz said:

With this current scaling aren't you increasing the required time to aqquire all the login weapons by 100 days, seeing as how currentley you require 700 days to aqquire all 4 weapons and with that system you would require 800? Maybe i'm misunderstanding something,

They just switched mods and weapons milestone around. http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Daily_Tribute

I think his is to cheap... If you guys move the zenistar from 300 days just when iam getting there i leave the game... I will prefere to play Destiny than look back...i would not loging another 100 day just for a weapon... Bye bye...

45 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Tenno!

You may recall us confirming back in Devstream #100 that we are looking at changing how the Daily Tribute system works. 15 Devstreams later, we had mockups to show, and we relied too much on recall of that 100th Devstream to properly explain the changes, so here’s a write up of two parts: the Scaling day-to-day, and the Milestones!

Scaling Day-to-day:

In the current Daily Tribute system, the day to day rewards have very little scaling. There was two tiers of rewards, so for example, the lower Endo reward was 50 Endo, and the higher was 80. And then we decided if you got lower or higher based on Mastery Rank times 5%. So a Mastery Rank 10 player would have a 50/50 chance and a Mastery Rank 20 player would be guaranteed to get the higher reward. Which isn’t much scaling at all.

On the new system it now scales based on the amount of days you have logged on. They increase by 25% for every 50 days. So for the example of Endo, the starting value will be 50 Endo, someone at 400 days, will get 3x the rewards as someone just starting, 150 Endo. For the veterans on day 900, it would be 275 Endo. This is just free Endo for logging in that now scales better - we know that’s not headline news, but it is better.

MR

Old Endo Average

Days

New Endo Average

It’s largely the 50 day intervals that are under discussion, so let’s take a look at the changes there:

Milestones:

For Daily Tribute milestone rewards, we’ve divided them into three separate categories that will appear at the intervals listed below:

1. Sigils and Resources. Days 50, 150, 250, etc.

Includes packs like Sigil, Forma and Orokin Reactor. All existing packs will be an option for these intervals.
Includes evergreen packs like 3 x Riven Mod and we are considering adding 3 x Forma.

2. Primed Mods. Days 100, 300, 500, etc.

All existing Primed Mods will be an option for these intervals.

This includes the Azima, Zenistar, etc. But also includes the Lodestar Syandana and the upcoming Lodestar Armor Set!

The simple explanation here is that once you've reached a given category, you pick an eligible item from that category. We are also looking into adding a fourth category past the 1000 Milestone with more 'evergreen' rewards'.

Under some amount of debate is also Milestone rewards such as Primed Mods and Weapons, being tradable. At this time, we are removing this from the plan.

As a final point, we are making these changes because the linearity and complete lack of customization of the system is starting to show its age. We've made it only slightly more flexible while still respecting the core need to login frequently. Personalization is a huge part of Warframe and we think that this changes the Daily Tribute system to better reflect that. With the new track milestones, we're hoping each Tenno will have a reason to look forward to those 50 day logins.

So stay tuned all, hopefully this clarifies the current plan!

27 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

This includes the Azima, Zenistar, etc. But also includes the Lodestar Syandana and the upcoming Lodestar Armor Set!

The simple explanation here is that once you've reached a given category, you pick an eligible item from that category. We are also looking into adding a fourth category past the 1000 Milestone with more 'evergreen' rewards'.

As a final point, we are making these changes because the linearity and complete lack of customization of the system is starting to show its age. We've made it only slightly more flexible while still respecting the core need to login frequently. Personalization is a huge part of Warframe and we think that this changes the Daily Tribute system to better reflect that. With the new track milestones, we're hoping each Tenno will have a reason to look forward to those 50 day logins.

1- The new kids can CHOOSE the weapons each 200 days, and then they can pick the best stuff that we had locked up...... not cool....

2- so, past 100 days i only get rivens that i already got all the slots filled so i cant even do sorties again? no new stuff? no cosmetics ow NEW weapons for those that stayed with this punishing model por years?

3 - what is the point in "complete lack of customization" it's a login SYSTEM it dont need to be costumizable.....

4 - what about those people that are days to get a weapon that they waited so much and the patch comes before it? will they have to wait ? even more ? what's the plan there?

Archived