Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daily Tribute Dev Workshop!

[DE]Rebecca

26 minutes ago, wizardeiges said:

Wrong,for me at least

That is the key part of your argument, though it ties into what I already mentioned: feeling like you want everything available, like you don't want to miss out, etc. Same facet of the same diamond. You did hit on what others keep saying, that cosmetics and such are fine for login rewards, but that the weapons and mods shouldn't be tied to years of consistent logins. DE seems to be missing that in their quest to keep numbers stable. Blizzard accepts that their numbers will peak for a while during new content releases then stabilize somewhere lower after the fact. While DE might not have that same steady revenue design or steady subs during, $80+ for Prime Access packages--more than the cost of most box titles or anything comparable like character packs in other games--is a pretty good source of income I'd have to imagine. That said, maybe hooking players to steady logins to get all the gear that's fit for your kit makes for more dollars spent. I don't know how much there is to compare that to because so many metrics for gaming companies are kept under lock and  key. Regardless, my itch for being a completionist just isn't strong enough to deal with such a tiresome system.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb wizardeiges:

Locking MR progress behind a 2 year time gate is silly.

Sorry, but I find it silly to join a game several years too late and to expect to get all items. If you want to live out being a completionist you usually have to be at the start of the lifetime of a game.

Cosmetics alone won't motivate enough. They often can't be really dinstinguished and drown in the sheer mass of available items that often even look way better. 

As you sain you can get 99,99999  % of the game by simply buying or grinding it. Sigma & Octantis are special because you can't simply take a short cut.

And considering MR. The impact of MR is really, really low and those little amounts of MR in the login system in comparison to the sum of all available points is negligible.

1 hour ago, Sahansral said:

Sorry, but I find it silly to join a game several years too late and to expect to get all items. If you want to live out being a completionist you usually have to be at the start of the lifetime of a game.

Cosmetics alone won't motivate enough. They often can't be really dinstinguished and drown in the sheer mass of available items that often even look way better. 

As you sain you can get 99,99999  % of the game by simply buying or grinding it. Sigma & Octantis are special because you can't simply take a short cut.

And considering MR. The impact of MR is really, really low and those little amounts of MR in the login system in comparison to the sum of all available points is negligible.

We aren't talking about primed skana or excalibur prime. We are talking about MR fodder locked behind a time wall that takes over a year to gain access to.
Zenistar and the rest of the login weapons are nothing super special,there is no reason why weapons required for game progression should be behind a 2 year wait wall.

I have the zenistar myself and I hate that I had to wait a year to get it no matter how much I played the game.Dropping everything I was doing every single day for almost an entire year for some MR fodder. These weapons aren't event gear like ignis wraith or other weapons unique to time events that roll around through the year.  It doesn't matter how often you check the forums for updates or check the game for events or how long you play the game. All that matters is a 2 year commitment and that's frustrating when all I want to do is make progress.

A lot of people here seem to think the weapons should only be about prestige through a prestige system. Fine. Keep them requiring effort to get. Just make them obtainable through a sane method because 2 years for some Mr fodder is crazy. 
Weapons shouldn't be a badge when they're required to level up and progress through the game. Armor,skins,sydannas,sekharas? those are prestige items and badges of completion and symbols of being here for events so wear them well.   Another option would be to make the skins on them currently "prestige skins" like those in the conclave and give zenistar and the rest different skins when they are put through a new syndicate or something so those with them currently get something fancy. You win and those wanting to progress through the game win. Win win. 

"But these weapons only give so much MR!" yeah,so what? it's still MR locked behind a 2 year time wall regardless. That argument doesn't take anything away from the point that game progression is behind a 2 year wait wall. 

You belittle the login rewards and yet you insist in making them easily available. (If they can get outside a login system, they are easy to get). And because you label them as MR fodder you expect everyone who aquired them to consider them as lowly as you do. 

You brush away that the amount of MR we are talking about is miniscule. You are willing to ignore founders gear, but login rewards are a problem? At least there‘s a guarantee that someday you will get them (if you are willing to spent the same effort like other players before you)

I find your arguments ambivalent and not very convincing. 

I am one of those ppl that are at 90+ days and would rather get Zenistar at 100 rather than wait for 300; DE can you give us some rough idea at least when this is likely to be because I've actually stopped playing now in case the update drops in the next week or so

I'm guessing this is the opposite of what you were after if similar players are doing this?

Cheers 🙂

1 minute ago, Sahansral said:

You belittle the login rewards and yet you insist in making them easily available. (If they can get outside a login system, they are easy to get). And because you label them as MR fodder you expect everyone who aquired them to consider them as lowly as you do. 

You brush away that the amount of MR we are talking about is miniscule. You are willing to ignore founders gear, but login rewards are a problem? At least there‘s a guarantee that someday you will get them (if you are willing to spent the same effort like other players before you)

I find your arguments ambivalent and not very convincing. 

Never said anything about "easily available". they can take 500 orokin cells and a million of each common resource and 100k polymer etc,  and 20x forma and 20 mil credits to make after maxing out all syndicates including conclave to get their blueprint and i'd still be happy with that. At least getting them would be dependent on how well I play the game and not just based on devoting every day for 2 years to get them.

You brush away that MR is still MR. Miniscule but yet again,it is still MR and MR is required if you want to make progress. 
None of us would be here playing warframe if founders never invested in the game seeing its potential. They deserve to be the only ones with excal prime. There is a huge difference between a founder and daily login weapons. 

vor 36 Minuten schrieb xooSnowballoox:

I am one of those ppl that are at 90+ days and would rather get Zenistar at 100 rather than wait for 300; DE can you give us some rough idea at least when this is likely to be because I've actually stopped playing now in case the update drops in the next week or so

I'm guessing this is the opposite of what you were after if similar players are doing this?

Cheers 🙂

That is exactly what I am thinking. I stopped because of Zenistar and I think it's stupid!

You can very easily hit mr 25 without that mastery gained from the login weapons and you cant hit 26 yet.  

Calling them fodder though really jist proves they arent necessities to your gameplay though and should be left the way they are.  Thanks from those of us who value them

vor 19 Minuten schrieb wizardeiges:

Never said anything about "easily available". they can take 500 orokin cells and a million of each common resource and 100k polymer etc,  and 20x forma and 20 mil credits to make after maxing out all syndicates including conclave to get their blueprint and i'd still be happy with that. At least getting them would be dependent on how well I play the game and not just based on devoting every day for 2 years to get them.

You brush away that MR is still MR. Miniscule but yet again,it is still MR and MR is required if you want to make progress. 
None of us would be here playing warframe if founders never invested in the game seeing its potential. They deserve to be the only ones with excal prime. There is a huge difference between a founder and daily login weapons. 

Logging in 1000 days means to reserve a part of the day despite job demands, despite possible illnesses, despite possible computer problems, despite holidays and despite possible family obligations. For three years, every day.

So in comparison to that, I'm not impressed by any resource requirement at the least. None of the current available weapons is hard to get. If a weapon can be farmed/grinded it is easily available.

21 minutes ago, Sahansral said:

Logging in 1000 days means to reserve a part of the day despite job demands, despite possible illnesses, despite possible computer problems, despite holidays and despite possible family obligations. For three years, every day.

So in comparison to that, I'm not impressed by any resource requirement at the least. None of the current available weapons is hard to get. If a weapon can be farmed/grinded it is easily available.

Go hit max rank in conclave and tell me how easy it was.   Maxing all syndicates is very time consuming and if you want to even get to as many resources as I listed you'd need to have already played a mega ton of the game to get to that point.

How would you even define difficulty of obtaining something? by just spending time doing something that doesn't require effort in game or something that requires you to play the game,farm bosses,and get super lucky with rare drops like rare eidolon arcane drops that require you not only to have built up a good weapon selection and built a strong frame but to also learn mechanics and work together with others as a group. 

Nothing about the game makes it difficult to log in. There isn't some super complex mathamatical quiz you need to complete in order to login. All of that revolves around real life.   However it is difficult to stay interested in a game I have to log in frequently every day for 2 years straight to make a little more progress in my MR.

vor 48 Minuten schrieb wizardeiges:

Go hit max rank in conclave and tell me how easy it was.   Maxing all syndicates is very time consuming and if you want to even get to as many resources as I listed you'd need to have already played a mega ton of the game to get to that point.

How would you even define difficulty of obtaining something? by just spending time doing something that doesn't require effort in game or something that requires you to play the game,farm bosses,and get super lucky with rare drops like rare eidolon arcane drops that require you not only to have built up a good weapon selection and built a strong frame but to also learn mechanics and work together with others as a group. 

Nothing about the game makes it difficult to log in. There isn't some super complex mathamatical quiz you need to complete in order to login. All of that revolves around real life.   However it is difficult to stay interested in a game I have to log in frequently every day for 2 years straight to make a little more progress in my MR.

At the least, difficult to obtain means "cannot be bought by money or traded".

Conclave? Been there, done that. I even do the weekly mission to make the Celestia syandana shiny.

Syndicates? Been there. All six (switched once).

Kuria lore? Done. 

99% of the obtainable weapons can be farmed by brute force within one day.

At the moment all login rewards are the only hard to obtain items. As you say, it is difficult to stay intrested in a game to log in frequently. Those rewards are for those people who stay intrested. These items are NOT for casuals. And you better bring some good arguments to convince these people if you devalue their effort.

About what we have now.

It's sad when you just out of habit (from other games experience) waiting something nice from login reward and receiving absolute zero with 90% chance. That is about regulars.
But even on personal anniversaries it looks mostly bad.

400 Days - Primed Vigor - really? Is it a punishment?
550 Days - Lotus Deliverance Sigil... - additional Orokin Reactor to 20+ unused for some dude with max rank? Credit Booster for his 10KK +++ credits? It could be a bit better with double resource, you know. And much better with formas pack instead reactor.
600 Days - Primed Shred - A bit softer punishment than on 400... but this... on 600.. Is it really softer?

650 Days - Spectral Tide Glyph... -Orokin Reactor...again?.. pretty nice if you still ~15 rank...maybe...
800 Days - Lodestar Syandana - Literally an empty reward but full of disappointment. Nuff said https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWdddlKG5LI
850 Days - One Veiled Rifle, Pistol and Melee Riven Mod each... - only one shotgun riven will be better than this three.
900 Days - Primed Sure Footed - punishment again
950 Days - Lustrous Major Glyph - Orokin Reactor...again? for those who still ~15 rank? Credit Booster for dude`s 20KK +++ credits?
1000 Days - Lodestar Armor set
Nuff said again, too bad. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgWBo7ui9tw

Additionally, I think all the tribute weapons must have max synergy. Required rank or any of that magick balance you do doesn't matter.
Also zenistar with disk not hitting through walls looks pathetic, but that is for another discussion.

The salt in this thread - there's enough to literally season all of the fast food fries in the world.

I thought this was a community?

Gating off content and letting the vets "lord" over the peasant "noobs" with in-game content doesn't create a nice community in my modest opinion.

Vets complain about new players having all the cool gadgets - where would the game be if those newbies didn't sign up? Sure, you helped establish the foundation - but you can't help it grow alone. 

Take the mods and weapons out of the tribute system. Give them to Baro (lord knows he needs some new wares). Put in kickass cosmetics, syandanas, exclusive weapon/warframe skins.

41 минуту назад, arii1986 сказал:

letting the vets "lord" over the peasant "noobs"

23 минуты назад, Cephalon_Umbra сказал:

remove the Weapons and Mods from Login

1. In any way there should be some good encouraging for logins, for noobs as well as not for noobs. It's like say hello and smile to you when you log in. And make a birthday cake for your little anniversary.
  2. Noobs and not noobs have very different needs in game. Tributes system should consider this. So rewards shold be differrent.
  3. Unique stuff - the main feature of any reward system. You are not weak without that stuff but it's good(at least it has to be) to own it.

Splitting categories does not help the issue.  It just perpetuates the exact same problem as the old system.  Someone who is behind can NEVER catch up.

An ideal system would allow slow gradual catch-up on gameplay-affecting items by forgoing cosmetics and boosters.

We need to move away from a system where you get permanently screwed for having taken a break.  This change was meant to move the system to one that encourages people to log in moving forward, not continue to discourage them with the reality that they will always be a minimum of X number of primed mods behind a complete collection.  That's the current system and all it really does is breed apathy, causing more players to lapse or move away from the game entirely.

It's far easier to give up when you've already lost.  That's not healthy for the community, fails to reward actual player engagement/loyalty, and frankly does not really help metrics on the Steam charts, which we all know is the entire reason for this system existing.  Allowing catch-up and encouraging people moving forward is the best way to tackle all of these issues.  Long-term logins get rewarded by being able to enjoy the x50 rewards as a little extra bonus to thank them for their consistency.  Actual gameplay rewards are shared with everyone who can play at least semi-consistently, and the ability to catch up on these gives all players, no matter how far behind, the encouragement needed to push forward.

There is one issue, which is people nearing a milestone before a new item release may be encouraged to stop logging in until it is out.  That's counterproductive.  To combat this, I suggest a token system.  Give a token on milestones that can be traded for your choice of available reward, instead of forcing the choice immediately.  This lets players near that point continue logging in and just hold their token for the new item, instead of forcing them to choose between continuing to play or waiting an extra cycle for the new thing.

1 hour ago, Callback said:

Someone who is behind can NEVER catch up.

That's not how I interpreted Reb's description of proposed login system...

After 1000 days it's just "evergreen" milestone rewards, i.e. DE is setting those of us that reach 1000 days free (because they love us)...and letting everyone else "catch up" by not adding more mastery points or game changers like primed sure footed beyond the current milestone rewards. 🙂 

It would be great if Primed Mods was an option to buy from Baro instead. Even with weapons, without Zenistar there are some other good weapons to use. But when it comes to primed Vigor or Primed Shred there is no such good mod for what it does. What are you even thinking?

If you are do something horribly bad and pointless, it is best to stop it asap, not invent a new exiting way to make exacly same mistake.

Currently I have only 90 days in my login rewards.  The thing is when the game first came out I had played for a year or more every day.  My steam login count shows me on for 2738 hours, or put another day 114 days of straight playing, so even if I only played 12 hours a day my day count should be in the range of 228, some days I played more some less but the fact is that if I play at 4 my time till 6 my time, I am on for a total of two days because in the summer the day switches over at 5 my time.  So I really only have to play every other day to count for every day.  How many actual days do I have logged in?  I have no clue.  I assumed that the current login rewards were concurrent rewards and so I didn't stress about it,I was just bummed but to find out that it wasn't and in fact is a total days logged in I felt jipped because I have WAY more days logged in than 90.  I hope that there is some method to resolve this... it is frustrating to know that I am missing login rewards because my old logins are not counted.

15 hours ago, Callback said:

Someone who is behind can NEVER catch up.

Wait, so you're saying that because I was born before my sister, she'll never be the same age as me? That's terrible.... Wait no, that's not the word I want... It's "normal". 

Do you try to catch up with your father, in terms of the number of days that he has existed? Why should this be any different. It's not a race to see who can get to 100. You don't get a bigger prize for being first to get there. We can all get there. The gear we get isn't going to be worse than what the first person gets. 

What bothers you about that? 

Stop thinking about it in those terms. You don't need to catch up with anyone because that's not how this works. 

Implement after 1000 then for everyone...

++ easy fix implement this system after 1000, obviously new rewards after day1000 but I think after day 1000we all vets 😛 I would be happy with that. what do you think? And toss in a system like the first person to reach 1000 days picks his next milestone and cap that reward so like 1000chosse primed ammo drum now 1001 cant choose until next milestone, but this might upset as well lol well good/day/night 😛 Ps good job yo... 

3 hours ago, (XB1)arkenup101 said:

Implement after 1000 then for everyone...

++ easy fix implement this system after 1000, obviously new rewards after day1000 but I think after day 1000we all vets 😛 I would be happy with that. what do you think? And toss in a system like the first person to reach 1000 days picks his next milestone and cap that reward so like 1000chosse primed ammo drum now 1001 cant choose until next milestone, but this might upset as well lol well good/day/night 😛 Ps good job yo... 

Seems like a bad idea tbh, the point of this system change was to get rid of the 1000 day requirement, not push it further.

Archived