Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daily Tribute Dev Workshop!

[DE]Rebecca

49 minutes ago, (PS4)Wolfou_Jams said:

As a player Will we be able to select our weapons and mods as compensation for days spent? ive got 200 days up until now and i'd love to get the zenistar but id have to wait until day 300

It would probably be a mess to implement, since login weapons grant mastery points. Besides it's just another 3 months of logging. You don't even have to play the game, just log in and log out.

As for all the "veterans" who are complaining about the fact that newcomers will get to pick their milestone rewards, I just don't get it. I'm at day 996, so I've only been missing 10-15 days since the system was implemented, and yet I welcome this change.

I know some MR25 players who rushed the game (as in, they're good at it and haven't been carried), and some of them got really annoyed when they understood they would always be a tiny bit behind me MR exp-wise. It's no big deal to most people, but they kind of gave up since weapons like zenistar and mods like primed shred also give you quite an advantage. It's even worse when you're the collector kind. Plus, it's no founder pack, we were given these for free. It's nothing to brag about, in my honest opinion.

On the other hand, for those who are complaining because they won't ever be able to catch up: it's all about being at the right place at the right time. At least, you're given the right to pick. I know for sure I'd have skipped Azima, Primed Vigor and Primed sure footed in a heartbeat if I had the chance to. Plus, in a way, you'll be able to catch up, sort of, since we're supposedly getting evergreen rewards past day 1000. Whatever they have in mind, this means that even if it's maximum 3 years of logging in and out, you'll eventually catch up in a way, valuable reward-wise.

As for the number of total days logged since the new system, I fail to see why the number itself is so important to some of you. It's just like Mastery Rank. It doesn't mean that you're good at the game or even that you've been playing a huge amount of hours, it just means that you're someone with a brain and at least one arm and one finger, who were able to use it to perform a login in warframe, potentially followed by an immediate AltF4. Wew lad. It's at almost as useful ingame as a knife is for mashed up potatoes.

Then again, it's just my opinion, and whilst having everything, I still welcome these modifications to the daily tribute system with open arms, for the Tenno who don't have certain rewards but deserve them nonetheless.

21 hours ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

That's not how I interpreted Reb's description of proposed login system...

After 1000 days it's just "evergreen" milestone rewards, i.e. DE is setting those of us that reach 1000 days free (because they love us)...and letting everyone else "catch up" by not adding more mastery points or game changers like primed sure footed beyond the current milestone rewards. 🙂 

If that's what she meant then it's somewhat lacking explanation but is a good solution.  A hard cap to end all gameplay-affecting rewards does achieve the goal of catch-up, since there is an eventual point (1000) when you will be on par with everyone above you in login count.

7 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Wait, so you're saying that because I was born before my sister, she'll never be the same age as me? That's terrible.... Wait no, that's not the word I want... It's "normal". 

Do you try to catch up with your father, in terms of the number of days that he has existed? Why should this be any different. It's not a race to see who can get to 100. You don't get a bigger prize for being first to get there. We can all get there. The gear we get isn't going to be worse than what the first person gets. 

What bothers you about that? 

Stop thinking about it in those terms. You don't need to catch up with anyone because that's not how this works. 

You'll never be as old as your father, but you can become his equal in strength and intelligence.

That's what this is about.  The actual tangible benefits should be equally reachable by everyone.  What you say about not having a bigger prize is just false if the scaling continued on forever.  If you always have 4 more things than another player, your prize is bigger.  By the time they have 4 you will have 8.  The advantage has not changed at all.  Catch-up or hard caps are the solution.  There should be a time when both of you have the same things.  You will still have a higher number counter and have enjoyed more ephemeral bonus items, but the real permanent tangible prizes (weapons and mods) will eventually be even.

vor 1 Minute schrieb Callback:

If that's what she meant then it's somewhat lacking explanation but is a good solution.  A hard cap to end all gameplay-affecting rewards does achieve the goal of catch-up, since there is an eventual point (1000) when you will be on par with everyone above you in login count.

But it also takes away all motivation to log in everyday beyond 1000 days. Those "evergreens" must not be something desirable, because that would hurt somebodies feelings, right?

6 minutes ago, Sahansral said:

But it also takes away all motivation to log in everyday beyond 1000 days. Those "evergreens" must not be something desirable, because that would hurt somebodies feelings, right?

They can be perfectly desirable.  They just can't be unique weapons/mods.  You want a legendary core for 1200 days?  Go for it.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Callback:

They can be perfectly desirable.  They just can't be unique weapons/mods.  You want a legendary core for 1200 days?  Go for it.

Sorry, I doubt that anyone gets excited to log in for over 6 months for something nonunique at that point. Legendary core? That would be greater disappointment than Primed Surefooted. At least the latter can't be bought within five minutes. 

24 minutes ago, Sahansral said:

Sorry, I doubt that anyone gets excited to log in for over 6 months for something nonunique at that point. Legendary core? That would be greater disappointment than Primed Surefooted. At least the latter can't be bought within five minutes. 

You have to balance the excitement against the frustration.  Nobody's going to be that  bummed that they can't get a guaranteed legendary core for 4 years, but people would definitely give up if a powerful mod or mastery-related weapon were locked behind that kind of ridiculous gate.

The goal is to maximize how many people are logging in.  And with how deep the system currently is, you're going to get a lot more mileage out of motivating the people behind.

On 2018-08-29 at 5:01 PM, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Personally I think DE should just make it an opt-out system. If anyone doesn't want the gifts, they're free to not receive any of them. How many people do you think will jump on that bandwagon? I'm thinking that it would be a very small number. 

Look at you quoting AGGP, while disagreeing with his take on it.

9 minutes ago, Sahansral said:

I just login out of habit at this point...it's certainly not excitement over any of the rewards that motivates me (especially since I don't typically know what the reward will be until a few weeks ahead of time).

I would be perfectly happy having the choice of stuff like a legendary core, booster, riven pack, large amount of kuva, etc. for my future milestone rewards (1000 in 12 days and not proud of it).

They could keep adding cosmetics after 1000 I guess, but I actually hope they don't, I'll just keep using Tennogen stuff regardless.

I don't really *need* anything after so much time playing, but other than exilus adaptors (thanks Reb! 🙂) and reactors there's stuff I'd still appreciate getting for doing practically nothing.

I do hope DE takes everyone's input to heart and doesn't exacerbate matters by adding even more mods/weapons...would be nice to get clarification on the post 1000 day plan...

vor einer Stunde schrieb (PS4)Elvenbane:

I just login out of habit at this point...it's certainly not excitement over any of the rewards that motivates me (especially since I don't typically know what the reward will be until a few weeks ahead of time).

I would be perfectly happy having the choice of stuff like a legendary core, booster, riven pack, large amount of kuva, etc. for my future milestone rewards (1000 in 12 days and not proud of it).

They could keep adding cosmetics after 1000 I guess, but I actually hope they don't, I'll just keep using Tennogen stuff regardless.

I don't really *need* anything after so much time playing, but other than exilus adaptors (thanks Reb! 🙂) and reactors there's stuff I'd still appreciate getting for doing practically nothing.

I do hope DE takes everyone's input to heart and doesn't exacerbate matters by adding even more mods/weapons...would be nice to get clarification on the post 1000 day plan...

Currently at 1006  or something days and proud of it. And to be honest, the one thing that motivated me to log in each day was the login reward system.

If in the future post-1000 days rewards are basically glorified ressources, my login habit will change especially when there are content droughts for months every year. There's simply nothing to do.

And if you can cherrypick the rewards newer players will also loose motivation after all good rewards are chosen. I aggree though, that it would help enormously if DE stated what "evergreens" means...

2 hours ago, Callback said:

That's what this is about.  The actual tangible benefits should be equally reachable by everyone.  What you say about not having a bigger prize is just false if the scaling continued on forever.  If you always have 4 more things than another player, your prize is bigger.  By the time they have 4 you will have 8.  The advantage has not changed at all.  Catch-up or hard caps are the solution.  There should be a time when both of you have the same things.  You will still have a higher number counter and have enjoyed more ephemeral bonus items, but the real permanent tangible prizes (weapons and mods) will eventually be even.

Uh no, because as I progress, the difference between us even if they continue to have 4 more weapons than me forever, will become vanishingly small. That's what happens when we scale up in mastery. Even at my middle of the field rank 16, 4 weapons are not going to make much of an impact. The Sure Footed is nice but I have a pretty sweet Vaykor Sydon which I use to poke stuff so I can shrug about that because I have alternatives 

There's no actual problem, other than the belief that there's a problem. 😉

As I am only 9 days away from 200 days, would it be sensible to stop logging in before they bring this out?  Quite a ridiculous situation we are in for people close to milestones.

Also rewards that affect gameplay like the primed mods should not be only accessible through days logged in, its a stupid system.  I see alot of crap from so called veterans saying they deserve this or that, but thats rubbish the only thing veterans deserve is decent competitive gameplay, which they definately dont have at this time, content is far to easy and there is simply no reason to do endless missions beyond 20 minutes.

3 hours ago, Offskii said:

As I am only 9 days away from 200 days, would it be sensible to stop logging in before they bring this out?  Quite a ridiculous situation we are in for people close to milestones.

You aren't the first person to ask something like that. It didn't occur to me. Even after I saw it asked, I didn't understand what it was about. 

Did they say "hey we're planning on doing this as soon as reasonably possible, are you guys and gals ready for it", or was it a "hey we're thinking about making a change what do you guys think about this"?

3 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

You aren't the first person to ask something like that. It didn't occur to me. Even after I saw it asked, I didn't understand what it was about. 

Did they say "hey we're planning on doing this as soon as reasonably possible, are you guys and gals ready for it", or was it a "hey we're thinking about making a change what do you guys think about this"?

Considering the radio silence since the thread went up, I'm thinking the latter.

On 2018-09-04 at 4:22 PM, revanatar said:

Unique stuff - the main feature of any reward system. You are not weak without that stuff but it's good(at least it has to be) to own it.

Make nonsense, why the hell weapons and mods? Why not synada or other cosmetic stuf? All gameplay related stuff should be obtainable via playing period.

3 минуты назад, Keetsune сказал:

Make nonsense, why the hell weapons and mods? Why not synada or other cosmetic stuf? All gameplay related stuff should be obtainable via playing period.

I don't understand why you so angry and why someone needs that mods and weapons so hard? As for me - I almost reached 450 days for now, and all that stuff is gathering dust 99.9% of all time I have it. Will placing it in shop or labs or baro change this? - Nope. I became op or imbalance with it? - Nope. Anything changed when i got them? - Nope. Anyone can get it? - Yep.

So just tell me - why you care about this? What does it change? Why not about usless frames and weapons, not about over9000 bugs and ignored reports, not about updates we waiting too long?

1. Sigils and Resources. Days 50, 150, 250, etc.

2. Weapons and Equipment. Days 100, 300, 500, etc. 

3. Primed Mods. Days 200, 400, 600, etc.

this isn't a fx.

a fix would be letting us choise between all 3 every 50 days.

or atlest combining the weapon equipment with primed mods. for every 100 day.

the 3 catagories spread out like this is what caused the outcry in the first place.

On 9/7/2018 at 5:48 PM, revanatar said:

I don't understand why you so angry and why someone needs that mods and weapons so hard? As for me - I almost reached 450 days for now, and all that stuff is gathering dust 99.9% of all time I have it. Will placing it in shop or labs or baro change this? - Nope. I became op or imbalance with it? - Nope. Anything changed when i got them? - Nope. Anyone can get it? - Yep.

So just tell me - why you care about this? What does it change? Why not about usless frames and weapons, not about over9000 bugs and ignored reports, not about updates we waiting too long?

You do not like it, other people like it, it's useless to you but many builds use these Mods, the weapons are not OPs but there are people who like them and do not care about damage, the problem is, DE is taking content from the game to put This is not good, especially Zenistar one of the few melee weapons with a single effect, one of the few if not the only melee weapon that has something special compared to other weapons of the same gender

I think the 50 Day System much better, this prevents players who do not want visual items or resources can get + weapons or mods, not only that, players who have spent the respective days of things he wants will have to wait 100 to 200 days (My case, I'm almost 100 days, and I do not want the next weapon, I just want Zenistar (Yes, 100 days, although I played long before the system of days and then resealed the account)

Better still would be if the weapons were exchanged for exclusive versions of the current ones, (Type the Prism weapons) and the base versions were put in the market or in the dojo

Like, "Zenistar" goes to the Dojo and the Daily would have the "Lodestar Zenistar" (or a different name

As far as I know, none of us actually asked for this system in the first place, but something strange has happened: DE created this system and two groups seem to have emerged: One group said "Okay, it will take me X amount of days to get Y, l'll just keep playing on until I get it." and a second group says "Omg, that is too long to get it. I want it now!" I think most of the people showing such disdain for those of us that have reached the required log-ins already are working under the assumption that we just logged on and got off the game. Nothing could be further from the truth! I'm sure there are some who might have pulled this, but many of us have spent an amazing amount of hours playing Warframe. 

Also, many are using the word "entitled" absolutely wrong. Calling a person who has worked for something or fulfilled the requirements to get something "entitled" is absurd because they've already gotten whatever it is they worked for in the first place. Entitled is wanting something given or handed to you when you haven't worked for it or haven't fulfilled the requirements to get it. That is the context in which this word is used today. I'm sorry to say this, but this is NOT how life works. You don't get to go to the grocery store and pass the ten customers standing in front of you at the register just because you don't feel like waiting. I dare you to try it on Black Friday.  It's just NOT how life works.

Even the argument about the mods and weapons is bogus, because most games require us to play a long time or do XY&Z before you can get this or that weapon. Why do you feel like you should be able to "catch up" to anybody? No one is rolling out the red carpet for those of us that have gotten these log-in rewards already. In fact, we're getting called "entitled" or "elitist" for asking DE why did they require us to do this and are now backpedaling. The more I think about it, the more absurd this whole situation is becoming. I'm sorry Generation Gimme, but real life doesn't allow you to "catch up", it doesn't allow you to skip in the grocery queue and it damn sure doesn't call you a "vet" just because you've been playing it for three months or bought all the "good" stuff in the first three weeks.

Hermione signing out

@(PS4)supernova_gi You're acting as though there are only two sides here that are diametrically opposite each other and there's no one anywhere in the middle. Most people who say this system and the adjusted one are bad don't mention anything about people being entitled. It's just a bad system. It doesn't reward dedication to the game, it rewards clicking sign in each day. As someone else pointed out, you could literally write a script to open Warframe, log you in each day, and then close the game out.That doesn't show loyalty, or dedication, and logging in each day does nothing to better the community simply by the act of doing so. As long as this thread is I get that you didn't read every post, but even the majority here aren't as black and white as you're making them out to be.

5 часов назад, walter100 сказал:

You do not like it, other people like it, it's useless to you but many builds use these Mods, the weapons are not OPs but there are people who like them and do not care about damage, the problem is, DE is taking content from the game to put This is not good, especially Zenistar one of the few melee weapons with a single effect, one of the few if not the only melee weapon that has something special compared to other weapons of the same gender

So what will replace all the mods and weapons? Visuals? - That's crap. There MUST be something special and not useless. Otherwise tributes will become stupid freebie.
50 days - maybe it's too short.

Archived