Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daily Tribute Dev Workshop!

[DE]Rebecca

18 hours ago, walter100 said:

I think the 50 Day System much better, this prevents players who do not want visual items or resources can get + weapons or mods, not only that, players who have spent the respective days of things he wants will have to wait 100 to 200 days (My case, I'm almost 100 days, and I do not want the next weapon, I just want Zenistar (Yes, 100 days, although I played long before the system of days and then resealed the account)

Better still would be if the weapons were exchanged for exclusive versions of the current ones, (Type the Prism weapons) and the base versions were put in the market or in the dojo

Like, "Zenistar" goes to the Dojo and the Daily would have the "Lodestar Zenistar" (or a different name

You do realise that would solve nothing.

If the "lodestar zenistar" had anything different about it, there would still be the same 'i want it noe' people complaining about having to wait to get it, and they would still be using the argument that it's cos of the affinity, even though that measly 3k affinity means less and less as we reach towards mr26+

18 hours ago, True_Naeblis said:

@(PS4)supernova_gi You're acting as though there are only two sides here that are diametrically opposite each other and there's no one anywhere in the middle. Most people who say this system and the adjusted one are bad don't mention anything about people being entitled. It's just a bad system. It doesn't reward dedication to the game, it rewards clicking sign in each day. As someone else pointed out, you could literally write a script to open Warframe, log you in each day, and then close the game out.That doesn't show loyalty, or dedication, and logging in each day does nothing to better the community simply by the act of doing so. As long as this thread is I get that you didn't read every post, but even the majority here aren't as black and white as you're making them out to be.

Missing the point. DE created this system and all they asked for was that we log in X amount of days to get Y reward. While I'm sure some people have been doing the log in thing and getting right off the game, most of them probably get back on at another time of the day and play for hours or they can only really play on the weekends, but thing about it is this: even those people weren't too lazy and entitled to just log in instead of whining.

Think of it as an assignment, your teacher tells you to write two sentences about your favorite food and you will get an A for the semester. The teacher is not going to give you an A if you only write one sentence and they're not going to give you an A+ if you write three. It was a simple directive.

Also, there might be, I'm guessing, like 100 idiots on each platform that actually just log in and never actually play the game. It makes no sense for someone to log in beyond 200 days just to get rewards that they will never use or play with in the game. So this argument is bogus in two ways: 1) It's not about how hard or easy it is to log in; it's about the fact that this is what DE required 2) The likelihood of anyone just logging in for the rewards and not actually playing the game has to be extremely low, because why get something you're not going to use? Even if it's someone with a second account it doesn't matter, because they can't trade any of it for plat.

If it was up to me, which it is not, I'd only maybe cut the time requirements in half. This isn't about having something exclusive, it's about the fact that I was a beginner and I was faced with the same daunting challenge, but instead of whining, I just played the game and time just started adding up. It feels like some people think that those of us that are beyond 500 days had it somehow easier, as if we got all the rewards on one day. I've literally logged into Warframe over 850 days and have 4000+ hours played. I didn't skip any lines, my Warframe experience wasn't any less fun or exciting before I got any of the rewards and now that I've gotten most of the "good" rewards, my Warframe experience isn't different, at least, not in any noticeable degree. Heck, Umbral mods have made more of an impact on my Warframe experience than all of the daily tribute mods and weapons combined!

This doesn't really do it for me tbh. It is an improvement, but.... I've been playing Warframe off and on since 2013, and just hit 350 days login in my next 2 logins. I can't catch up, I'm years away from the mods and weapons, and those are ALL I CARE ABOUT at this point. Consumables every 50 is just a slap in the face that I wasn't logging in all that time.

23 hours ago, (PS4)supernova_girlie said:

Think of it as an assignment.

That's exactly the problem. A game shouldn't be a job, an assignment, a required task day after day for years to achieve BiS items. You should be able to play the game, enjoy it, contribute to the community, and be rewarded for it. Give paths to the items that require actual game play, not simply logging in. Again, you could write a script to do that for you and never spend an hour actually participating in Warframe and have rewards that a player who's put in hundreds of dollars and hours of time each week will not see for years and years to come.

The system works based on logins, so why you call people who log in just for the rewards to accrue and play when they can idiots I don't know. Someone might play for a few weeks after every major content drop, or only after every story update, what have you. Regardless, it's ridiculous that people have to turn logging in regularly into an assignment as you put it just to have the best items.

Lastly and once again: this system is not about rewarding loyalty, it is 100% about keeping DE's daily login numbers as stable as possible between content droughts. If it were about rewarding participation in the game and being a part of the community it would be handled in a different way entirely. The games that I do play pretty much every day also have reward systems with some items given just for logging in and some given for clearing specific content daily. On days that I can't do much I still get something, and on days that I can give more time I'm rewarded even more. If I don't get on each day, I'm not yet another day behind on my path to receiving the best version of a mod, a unique weapon, etc., and I appreciate that some of the most unique non-cosmetic items in the game aren't time gated in a way that does nothing to reward actual participation in the title.

The worst part is this: it's actually incentivizing players who are coming up on 200 or 400 days to bide their time logging in. If they hit 200 or 400 days before the "fix" goes into place they'll have to wait longer than many other players who aren't so close to those milestones and won't hit them before the change is implemented to get one of the more choice mods. Same thing for players coming up on 100 days who could take one of the later weapons over Azima. That's not good design. Players who continue hopping on could actually be worse off for playing than they would be if they took a short break for now.

The bottom line is that the current system is about keeping DE's login numbers inflated and stable rather than rewarding players for being a part of Warframe. If you want to see it otherwise that's fine, but I'm not going to waste energy trying to keep up with such an outdated design. It's part of why I grew tired of Guild Wars 2, and it's doing nothing to give me actual incentive to play Warframe more than here and there. Shame, but I'm not going to feel like I'm chained to my PC by DE just to get rewards literal years down the line.

On 9/9/2018 at 5:55 AM, revanatar said:

So what will replace all the mods and weapons? Visuals? - That's crap. There MUST be something special and not useless. Otherwise tributes will become stupid freebie.
50 days - maybe it's too short.

The mods have nothing to do, just remove, or trade for visual mods, but this is worse than visual because you would spend a space to put something visual,

Now Variants weapons would be perfect, I liked that weapon for its functionality I buy the base in the market, testo it, if I liked it, I wait X days and I get a stronger version (Only a little stronger, if it would not be another mimimi)

On 9/9/2018 at 6:52 PM, (PS4)dst123daniel said:

You do realise that would solve nothing.

If the "lodestar zenistar" had anything different about it, there would still be the same 'i want it noe' people complaining about having to wait to get it, and they would still be using the argument that it's cos of the affinity, even though that measly 3k affinity means less and less as we reach towards mr26+

Remove the mastery of these weapons, simple, first place, Login awards weapons should not come with mastery, so "Lodestar" weapons would not have mastery, so the staff would only use if it were good.

But I'm talking about Variations. because what irritates me the most is that it does not even have a weapon that works like Zenistar in the market or in the dojo, you have weapons of the same category, but it has unique functions.

But everything would be solved excluding the Login system, this does not match the game, better put a system of daily challenges like Sorties but something personal, giving the player exclusive coins and the player trades for the items

9 hours ago, True_Naeblis said:

That's exactly the problem. A game shouldn't be a job, an assignment, a required task day after day for years to achieve BiS items. You should be able to play the game, enjoy it, contribute to the community, and be rewarded for it. Give paths to the items that require actual game play, not simply logging in. Again, you could write a script to do that for you and never spend an hour actually participating in Warframe and have rewards that a player who's put in hundreds of dollars and hours of time each week will not see for years and years to come.

The system works based on logins, so why you call people who log in just for the rewards to accrue and play when they can idiots I don't know. Someone might play for a few weeks after every major content drop, or only after every story update, what have you. Regardless, it's ridiculous that people have to turn logging in regularly into an assignment as you put it just to have the best items.

Lastly and once again: this system is not about rewarding loyalty, it is 100% about keeping DE's daily login numbers as stable as possible between content droughts. If it were about rewarding participation in the game and being a part of the community it would be handled in a different way entirely. The games that I do play pretty much every day also have reward systems with some items given just for logging in and some given for clearing specific content daily. On days that I can't do much I still get something, and on days that I can give more time I'm rewarded even more. If I don't get on each day, I'm not yet another day behind on my path to receiving the best version of a mod, a unique weapon, etc., and I appreciate that some of the most unique non-cosmetic items in the game aren't time gated in a way that does nothing to reward actual participation in the title.

The worst part is this: it's actually incentivizing players who are coming up on 200 or 400 days to bide their time logging in. If they hit 200 or 400 days before the "fix" goes into place they'll have to wait longer than many other players who aren't so close to those milestones and won't hit them before the change is implemented to get one of the more choice mods. Same thing for players coming up on 100 days who could take one of the later weapons over Azima. That's not good design. Players who continue hopping on could actually be worse off for playing than they would be if they took a short break for now.

The bottom line is that the current system is about keeping DE's login numbers inflated and stable rather than rewarding players for being a part of Warframe. If you want to see it otherwise that's fine, but I'm not going to waste energy trying to keep up with such an outdated design. It's part of why I grew tired of Guild Wars 2, and it's doing nothing to give me actual incentive to play Warframe more than here and there. Shame, but I'm not going to feel like I'm chained to my PC by DE just to get rewards literal years down the line.

oooo WHY? WHY CAN'T PEOPLE TAKE THEIR TIME AND READ THE POSTS THEY ARE REPLYING TO? WHY? WHY DO I FEEL LIKE I'M TRYING TO CLAP WITH ONE HAND SOMETIMES ON THIS FORUM? WHY? WARUM? Почему? WEISHENME?

I called people that just log in to Warframe to get the rewards that most likely will never actually play Warframe idiots. I stand by that judgment. Just having the log-in rewards is not going to give you magic Tenno dust my homies. Why get something you're not going to use? Also, they;re going to end up deleting Warframe because it's taking up too much space.

I respectfully acknowledged the people that log in during the week and play on weekends. I don't see anything wrong with this, they're fulfilling the requirement to get the dang reward.

Okay, let me get my panties out of the bunch and take a deep breath.

I respect you, my fellow Tenno. My comments are not meant to be personally attacking you. However, I will attack your arguments like a Doberman that hasn't eaten in 30 days! You argued that the log in requirement is like work, yet you argue that you want to be able to work towards getting the log-in. This is a bad argument for anyone that is trying to get the system to change, because they will eventually come back to the bogus argument " You're not actually working for it, you're just pressing a few keys or buttons."  This argument is most detrimental to those that want the system change, because when they belittle the act of logging in, saying it's not real work or that it's easy, then they're admitting that they don't want to do something that is easy.

I'd just like to point out that the whole entire video game is a series of required tasks. Alert comes up for Orokin Catalyst, you're required to complete that mission, that task, to get the Orokin Catalyst.

Warframe is FREE TO PLAY, not Pay to Win, so the amount of dollars anyone has spent should have no bearing on whether or not they have the log-in rewards, which require, as you put it, simply logging in. When you purchase something, you spend money to get it. You got what you payed for. Ninjas be riding for free.

You literally can get on right before work or school and be done in less than 30 seconds. I don't see how this is "chaining" you to your PC.

I don't care WHY DE created this system. It's none of my business. They didn't have to come up with any of these cool rewards at all. They are extras! I'm just saying too many people are looking a gift horse in the mouth. All they require is that we log on X amount of days to get Y reward. It's so simple and so easy, you basically just have to play the game. Why should someone not really playing the game be rewarded? By not really playing, I mean they're going to get on a few times annually, but sit at the barstool daily of another video game.

I like the fact some of you are competitive in the logins, wanting things sooner than others by delaying logins, yet when it comes to the actual game, being competive, wanting to do more and so on seems to be tossed out the door. When it's personal you want it all, when it comes to showing others what you can do then a let down is the only thing that happens.

On 2018-09-09 at 8:45 PM, (PS4)supernova_girlie said:

Also, there might be, I'm guessing, like 100 idiots on each platform that actually just log in and never actually play the game.

That is very ignorant to say. It's common for people to take breaks from this game, but continue logging in so that they don't fall behind on the login rewards. These players come back to play eventually, so "rewards that they will never use " is just incorrect.

1 hour ago, oodalumps said:

That is very ignorant to say. It's common for people to take breaks from this game, but continue logging in so that they don't fall behind on the login rewards. These players come back to play eventually, so "rewards that they will never use " is just incorrect.

Please re-read the statement you quoted and take note of "never actually." What does the word "never" mean to you? If they never play the game why would they just log into it for 1000 days? The unspoken part of this is: People sometimes do stupid stuff like this, thinking I'll get back to it some day, but in reality they never actually get back to it. If you want to defend this sort of inanity, I won't judge, but I don't even care about someone that plays Warframe 5 hours a year, but goes plays some other game 1000 hours a year.

Anyway, this statement came from the strawman argument that some people just log on and don't actually play the game. I say, if they can only play on weekends, but log in during the week, they are in the clear because DE did not say you have to log-in and play X amount hours for Y amount of days to get Z reward. They said log-in for X amount of days to get Y reward. I also say the idiots that barely play 5 hours a year are also in the clear, I just think they're idiots for logging in to get rewards they're most likely never going to use. That's my opinion and if you think that's ignorant, I disagree and am moving on.

Please people bring substance to the table. We need more meat and bones and less needle-in-the-haystack, low-effort, nitpicking and emotion-driven responses. The person that can seriously answer the following question in a way that I currently don't agree, but convinces me otherwise, is GENIUS OF THE MONTH.on the forums:

When I started playing Warframe I, too, had to wait X amount of days to get Y rewards. At the time, I knew I had to wait 400 days to get Primed Vigor. Here I am at 850+ days. Why should it be any different for new Tenno?

P.S. I don't get a say in the final matter. DE reserves the right to yada yada yada ... These are just my opinions, though I would argue that many are based on fact and backed by logic.

21 minutes ago, Accaliah said:

when is this supposed to release? is there any word on whether or not its gonna be soon?

since this workshop was made there hasn't been any real mention of the login rehaul by staff, could mean nothing, could mean it's further away than expected. i'd say to not expect it soon however given the reception this login rework got, it's entirely possibly de saw the feedback and went back to the drawing board on this particular subject. 

On 2018-09-10 at 2:37 PM, LegendaryNeurotoxin said:

This doesn't really do it for me tbh. It is an improvement, but.... I've been playing Warframe off and on since 2013, and just hit 350 days login in my next 2 logins. I can't catch up, I'm years away from the mods and weapons, and those are ALL I CARE ABOUT at this point. Consumables every 50 is just a slap in the face that I wasn't logging in all that time.

Catch up with what? 

Why do you feel like you need to catch up? You weren't logging in much over the last few years, were you? Maybe once every few days, maybe just weekends, maybe you took months long breaks and played every day for a month here and there? 

Look, I get it. We all have lives external to the game. That's OK. I can't tell you if I'll be playing next month or if I will drift away. That's OK too. 

We don't need to catch up. If we get to any given milestone eventually, that'll be fine. We won't get broken ones off the reject pile, they'll be as good as the very first one that anyone got, so don't sweat it. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Catch up with what? 

Why do you feel like you need to catch up? You weren't logging in much over the last few years, were you? Maybe once every few days, maybe just weekends, maybe you took months long breaks and played every day for a month here and there? 

Look, I get it. We all have lives external to the game. That's OK. I can't tell you if I'll be playing next month or if I will drift away. That's OK too. 

We don't need to catch up. If we get to any given milestone eventually, that'll be fine. We won't get broken ones off the reject pile, they'll be as good as the very first one that anyone got, so don't sweat it. 

Catch up with getting access to the different weapons, mods, and their build characteristics. It isn't just an MR grind for me, I actually buy slots and keep most things so I can mess around with them later and do my own tests, comparisons, etc. Right now I've got about 120 more mundane items left (BP available on market or in dojo) and I'll probably be through most of that by the end of the year. 

I don't see daily exclusive equipment as a milestone or a reward. I see it as a punishment for not being loyal. Everyone gets it, unless you didn't log in every day. Aesthetics, booster+consumable packs, these don't matter to me because they don't make my build options more dynamic.

7 minutes ago, LegendaryNeurotoxin said:

Catch up with getting access to the different weapons, mods, and their build characteristics. It isn't just an MR grind for me, I actually buy slots and keep most things so I can mess around with them later and do my own tests, comparisons, etc. Right now I've got about 120 more mundane items left (BP available on market or in dojo) and I'll probably be through most of that by the end of the year. 

I don't see daily exclusive equipment as a milestone or a reward. I see it as a punishment for not being loyal. Everyone gets it, unless you didn't log in every day. Aesthetics, booster+consumable packs, these don't matter to me because they don't make my build options more dynamic.

I totally support what he speaks, and I would say more, the only difference between the login system and Pay to win is that in PtW I pay and I receive, in the Login system I have to wait a number of absurd days to get a weapon, both are negative things for the game but even so the players defend the Login system.

Not defending PtW but at least the company makes money with it, in the case of Login, nobody wins anything, only loses

Just finished my 200 day login a few weeks ago. Now having to wait for another 200 days to complete some of the builds feels pretty S#&$ty. I'm usually playing for prolonged times when I play so the rewards system is putting me at a direct disadvantage - I cannot even complete the builds if I wanted to pay for it because those mods cannot be traded. Same goes for weapons, but there are at least substitutes and workarounds as there are tons of other good weapons around. Primed Vigor, not so much. So the reward system in this is unbalanced, unfair and not engaging me to play the game. I could log in every day for 2 minutes to get the reward and put another Forma in the Foundry, but it's neither a good solution nor an engaging one.

Put cosmetic stuff in there to highlight the status of someone who logs in for a thousand days - because frankly, who knows whether I'll still be playing this game then?

3 hours ago, LegendaryNeurotoxin said:

I understand that you want to own them, but I think that the problem you face is tied to the idea that you think that you should have what others have. I bet that you have a lot more stuff than I do. I'm okay with that. You earned them, in the time that you have played. Should I be concerned that you have stuff that I don't yet have? Is it a case of me never being able to get those things? Or will I get them in time? Is this a race? Or something that we can all get in time? 

So there are folks at 1000 days and I'm not, it doesn't bother me any more than the idea that there are people with multi-million dollar yachts and I don't have one. 

I'll get the rewards in my own time. You can too. If they make the proposed changes it won't make any major difference, so we don't lose anything. 

Don't let this stuff bother you. 

24 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

I understand that you want to own them, but I think that the problem you face is tied to the idea that you think that you should have what others have. I bet that you have a lot more stuff than I do. I'm okay with that. You earned them, in the time that you have played. Should I be concerned that you have stuff that I don't yet have? Is it a case of me never being able to get those things? Or will I get them in time? Is this a race? Or something that we can all get in time? 

So there are folks at 1000 days and I'm not, it doesn't bother me any more than the idea that there are people with multi-million dollar yachts and I don't have one. 

I'll get the rewards in my own time. You can too. If they make the proposed changes it won't make any major difference, so we don't lose anything. 

Don't let this stuff bother you. 

I appreciate that you are trying to defend DE's position, but I disagree. The problem is tied to the idea that I will have earned everything I can through conventional gameplay, and the artificial limiter preventing me from last percent is an arbitrary timesink that has absolutely nothing to do with how long I've actually played and supported the game. . 

I'm glad that you are okay with not having the arsenal that I have - I was MR8 right before Plains with enough resources to get me past MR16, now closing in on 21. I played long and hard to get what I have, but it isn't impossible for you to achieve by any means. You could catch up to me in 6 months of focused, regular gameplay, plus making friends with people that trade in vaulted items, and have all of what I have, except for anything I may have that was exclusive to a login or event that will never be replayed. Considering I used to use my Lato Vandal as a sign of being old school, and now everyone who cares has one, nothing is ever gone from access permanently, and player meme campaigns can get DE to soften up on items that had been exclusive.

Thanks for offering how I ought to feel, but I'll completely dismiss it. My first game was QA on Scooby Doo: Mystery Mayhem (PAL) back in 2003 at THQ. I am a game industry veteran, and as such I feel my personal opinion is both valid and warranted. DE wanted to know what we think, this is what I think, that is the point of this post! 

One other point - life happens, people get sick, experience natural disasters, ship off, get higher education degrees, get in trouble, etc, and can't get to their computer for anywhere from days to years - and if Warframe is a thing they care about, inability to grab those daily login milestones is serious demotivator. I like the DAILY logins themselves as a way to reward regular use, but locking items behind daily login milestones turns something that is supposed to feel like a bonus into a necessary chore, or a source of FOMO that people don't need looming over them. 

I'll settle for this: if we won't get complete choice every 50 days, add low, medium, and high tier Sortie rewards for 1, 3, and 5 days on account, as well as 1 day credits in secret treasure caches, and as possible late-rotation rewards in higher defense / survival / interception / excavation missions. This way, high-end players can slowly chip away at the deficit. Once someone is all caught up, that reward will act as "daily insurance login" so vacations and other downtime won't interfere with login credit.

5 minutes ago, LegendaryNeurotoxin said:

My first game was QA on Scooby Doo: Mystery Mayhem (PAL) back in 2003 at THQ. I am a game industry veteran, and as such I feel my personal opinion is both valid and warranted. DE wanted to know what we think, this is what I think, that is the point of this post! 

I can't really remember if mine was asteroids on the Atari, or pong. I wasn't working for them, just playing it like any other kid back in the '80s. Thirty-something years tends to dull the memory of which we played first. 😅

Did you know that there's no endgame in asteroids? The level just rolls over from max back to start. Boy was I disappointed when I found that out. Does that make me a veteran too? 

And yeah DE does want to know what we think. Some of us agree, some don't. That's okay. Isn't it? 

13 minutes ago, LegendaryNeurotoxin said:

You could catch up to me in 6 months of focused, regular gameplay, plus making friends with people that trade in vaulted items, and have all of what I have, except for anything I may have that was exclusive to a login or event that will never be replayed.

What!! How many months!! But that's so long!! It's unfair!! I've played hundreds of hours!! 

Wait.. No, that's not unfair, it's totally understandable that some people will be ahead of me in the game. I'm cool with that. I don't begrudge you of the stuff you have, not even the stuff I might never get. Why are you fussing about what someone else has that you can earn just by continuing to enjoy the game? I just don't get it. 

18 minutes ago, LegendaryNeurotoxin said:

One other point - life happens, people get sick, experience natural disasters, ship off, get higher education degrees, get in trouble, etc, and can't get to their computer for anywhere from days to years - and if Warframe is a thing they care about, inability to grab those daily login milestones is serious demotivator. I like the DAILY logins themselves as a way to reward regular use, but locking items behind daily login milestones turns something that is supposed to feel like a bonus into a necessary chore, or a source of FOMO that people don't need looming over them

Oh yes it's a good point. I said the same thing. You actually quoted it above:

5 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Look, I get it. We all have lives external to the game. That's OK. I can't tell you if I'll be playing next month or if I will drift away. That's OK too

It's understood that we have lives that will interrupt gameplay. Maybe even permanently. That's why we can't look at this as a race, that we need to catch up with the front runners. The only question is, are we further today than the last time we logged in? Once the answer is yes, then it's OK we can all get there, in time. 

32 minutes ago, LegendaryNeurotoxin said:

I'll settle for this: if we won't get complete choice every 50 days, add low, medium, and high tier Sortie rewards for 1, 3, and 5 days on account, as well as 1 day credits in secret treasure caches, and as possible late-rotation rewards in higher defense / survival / interception / excavation missions. This way, high-end players can slowly chip away at the deficit. Once someone is all caught up, that reward will act as "daily insurance login" so vacations and other downtime won't interfere with login credit.

Uh... I think that you missed something. People at the 1000 day mark would also be able to earn those, and the RNG means that you might never get any, but those high login people might get all the 5 day rewards every single time they play. So in 6 months they're rolling up towards 2000 days, and you're not even at 600. 

Doesn't seem like something that you would be happy with, given what you said before. 

And it means that some people will not need to log in for the week anymore, to keep pace. Kind of not something that I suspect DE will be happy about. 

7 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

I can't really remember if mine was asteroids on the Atari, or pong. I wasn't working for them, just playing it like any other kid back in the '80s. Thirty-something years tends to dull the memory of which we played first. 😅

Did you know that there's no endgame in asteroids? The level just rolls over from max back to start. Boy was I disappointed when I found that out. Does that make me a veteran too? 

And yeah DE does want to know what we think. Some of us agree, some don't. That's okay. Isn't it? 

What!! How many months!! But that's so long!! It's unfair!! I've played hundreds of hours!! 

Wait.. No, that's not unfair, it's totally understandable that some people will be ahead of me in the game. I'm cool with that. I don't begrudge you of the stuff you have, not even the stuff I might never get. Why are you fussing about what someone else has that you can earn just by continuing to enjoy the game? I just don't get it. 

Oh yes it's a good point. I said the same thing. You actually quoted it above:

It's understood that we have lives that will interrupt gameplay. Maybe even permanently. That's why we can't look at this as a race, that we need to catch up with the front runners. The only question is, are we further today than the last time we logged in? Once the answer is yes, then it's OK we can all get there, in time. 

Uh... I think that you missed something. People at the 1000 day mark would also be able to earn those, and the RNG means that you might never get any, but those high login people might get all the 5 day rewards every single time they play. So in 6 months they're rolling up towards 2000 days, and you're not even at 600. 

Doesn't seem like something that you would be happy with, given what you said before. 

And it means that some people will not need to log in for the week anymore, to keep pace. Kind of not something that I suspect DE will be happy about. 

I think you missed something. I also played since the 80s. Are you a career game developer? TBH that actually doesn't matter, the origin of someone's opinion doesn't really matter here, only the content does! 

What you do with your time when you play is up to you. If you spend 1000 hours playing dress-up across 6 months, that won't and shouldn't earn you the resources and rank to expand your arsenal. I spend my time getting gear and resources so I can try everything - and yes, raise MR in the process, but I don't -plan- on hitting 25. 

Kinda feel like you made a straw man argument that I begrudge that people have what I don't - I begrudge the system by which certain items are distributed, it literally wouldn't matter to me if I'm the most logged-in person ever at my current 349 days and nobody else has it. Though if THAT were the case I'd probably grumble about how assets for things we can't access are basically wasted art team cycles. 😛

Yes, people who achieve full login daily status by filling in with rewards would be able to earn login insurance. If DE is worried about veterans taking a break on built-up time, they could put a cap on it or make it expendable, like adding a way to spend a day of insurance to reset daily focus earning capacity before the next daily rest, or even trading extra days for plat. But earning days is just a bandaid, it isn't a true fix to the system.

Getting all the exclusive weapon and mod items off the 100 day intervals entirely, just making them special boss drops or semi-regular event drops, would be a much better solution in my opinion. Let daily logins just be a reward for logging in THAT DAY, period. Maybe keep the 50 day intervals with some bonus consumables and credits as something to get excited about, maybe keep aesthetics on the 100s since those don't affect functional gameplay. 

Archived