[DE]Rebecca

Daily Tribute Dev Workshop!

I think his is to cheap... If you guys move the zenistar from 300 days just when iam getting there i leave the game... I will prefere to play Destiny than look back...i would not loging another 100 day just for a weapon... Bye bye...

45 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Tenno!

You may recall us confirming back in Devstream #100 that we are looking at changing how the Daily Tribute system works. 15 Devstreams later, we had mockups to show, and we relied too much on recall of that 100th Devstream to properly explain the changes, so here’s a write up of two parts: the Scaling day-to-day, and the Milestones!

Scaling Day-to-day:

In the current Daily Tribute system, the day to day rewards have very little scaling. There was two tiers of rewards, so for example, the lower Endo reward was 50 Endo, and the higher was 80. And then we decided if you got lower or higher based on Mastery Rank times 5%. So a Mastery Rank 10 player would have a 50/50 chance and a Mastery Rank 20 player would be guaranteed to get the higher reward. Which isn’t much scaling at all.

On the new system it now scales based on the amount of days you have logged on. They increase by 25% for every 50 days. So for the example of Endo, the starting value will be 50 Endo, someone at 400 days, will get 3x the rewards as someone just starting, 150 Endo. For the veterans on day 900, it would be 275 Endo. This is just free Endo for logging in that now scales better - we know that’s not headline news, but it is better.

MR

Old Endo Average

Days

New Endo Average

It’s largely the 50 day intervals that are under discussion, so let’s take a look at the changes there:

Milestones:

For Daily Tribute milestone rewards, we’ve divided them into three separate categories that will appear at the intervals listed below:

1. Sigils and Resources. Days 50, 150, 250, etc.

Includes packs like Sigil, Forma and Orokin Reactor. All existing packs will be an option for these intervals.
Includes evergreen packs like 3 x Riven Mod and we are considering adding 3 x Forma.

2. Primed Mods. Days 100, 300, 500, etc.

All existing Primed Mods will be an option for these intervals.

3. Weapons and Equipment. Days 200, 400, 600, etc.

This includes the Azima, Zenistar, etc. But also includes the Lodestar Syandana and the upcoming Lodestar Armor Set!

The simple explanation here is that once you've reached a given category, you pick an eligible item from that category. We are also looking into adding a fourth category past the 1000 Milestone with more 'evergreen' rewards'.

Under some amount of debate is also Milestone rewards such as Primed Mods and Weapons, being tradable. At this time, we are removing this from the plan.

As a final point, we are making these changes because the linearity and complete lack of customization of the system is starting to show its age. We've made it only slightly more flexible while still respecting the core need to login frequently. Personalization is a huge part of Warframe and we think that this changes the Daily Tribute system to better reflect that. With the new track milestones, we're hoping each Tenno will have a reason to look forward to those 50 day logins.

So stay tuned all, hopefully this clarifies the current plan!

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1

27 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

This includes the Azima, Zenistar, etc. But also includes the Lodestar Syandana and the upcoming Lodestar Armor Set!

The simple explanation here is that once you've reached a given category, you pick an eligible item from that category. We are also looking into adding a fourth category past the 1000 Milestone with more 'evergreen' rewards'.

As a final point, we are making these changes because the linearity and complete lack of customization of the system is starting to show its age. We've made it only slightly more flexible while still respecting the core need to login frequently. Personalization is a huge part of Warframe and we think that this changes the Daily Tribute system to better reflect that. With the new track milestones, we're hoping each Tenno will have a reason to look forward to those 50 day logins.

1- The new kids can CHOOSE the weapons each 200 days, and then they can pick the best stuff that we had locked up...... not cool....

2- so, past 100 days i only get rivens that i already got all the slots filled so i cant even do sorties again? no new stuff? no cosmetics ow NEW weapons for those that stayed with this punishing model por years?

3 - what is the point in "complete lack of customization" it's a login SYSTEM it dont need to be costumizable.....

4 - what about those people that are days to get a weapon that they waited so much and the patch comes before it? will they have to wait ? even more ? what's the plan there?

• Woah 1
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

Alright, unless I'm completely misreading this, has... Nothing changed, basically? Except for the fact that you can choose what you get at a certain milestones. Which is what was asked for a lot, iirc. And Endo scaling for... whatever reason. And what item is at what milestone.

Edited by TheEternalJester
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 3

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

1. Sigils and Resources. Days 50, 150, 250, etc.

Includes packs like Sigil, Forma and Orokin Reactor. All existing packs will be an option for these intervals.
Includes evergreen packs like 3 x Riven Mod and we are considering adding 3 x Forma.

2. Primed Mods. Days 100, 300, 500, etc.

All existing Primed Mods will be an option for these intervals.

This is timing is different than current system. If this were implemented, players would have a delay of 100 days; a 3rd of a year; 4 months, et. al before they get the mods/weapons they've been waiting for in the current system which is: 

1. Sigils and Resources. 50

2. Weapons and Equipment. 100

3. Primed Mods. 200

Please don't screw us out of our quinquagintisol/centisol bread. 

^Not a typo

Edited by Neumeier
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, (PS4)ramsez31416 said:

I think his is to cheap... If you guys move the zenistar from 300 days just when iam getting there i leave the game... I will prefere to play Destiny than look back...i would not loging another 100 day just for a weapon... Bye bye...

we all know you are just making the drama queen

Posted (edited)

Honestly, just adopt the mobile games with how they do login systems and make daily tribute a permanent ongoing event...it works well in most of them for good reasons, messes with the game addict's mind. Basically reward players based on an actual real life calender and in increments of 7.

Edited by CrystalSpark
  • Upvote 2

Good on removing the plan on having them tradeable, that would have been a horrible idea.

Also good to have scaling rewards (...would also be good to have a similar idea for Onslaught & Kuva survival.. just saying).

Nice to see changes overall to the login reward system, not really sold on the "track" idea, but any change is good. Would prefer seeing consecutive logins given some form of reward (which would incentivize people to keep logging in everyday), primarily in the form of allowing a multiplier for login days once you get a high enough streak. Could simply be at 200 days of logging in, you get a 2x multiplier (with nothing beyond 2x). Then that 1000 day login reward would be obtainable at day 600 (200 + the halved remainder, just as long as they never broke the streak). Anyone who would be at the current maximum login days would be unaffected by the multiplier as they would be "capped".

Posted (edited)

Wow...now instead of waiting 25 more days to get my long awaited Zenistar I just need to wait 4 more months. Thanks DE.

edit: Thanks a lot for reverting the weapon/mod acquisition days. You guys don't realise how much of a relief this actually is, seeing as I've been waiting for this weapon pretty much since I started playing.

Edited by krausser666
  • Like 9

Oh no this is REALLY bad... there are issues with this. If i'm at day 667 i'll only get the Sigma and Octantis at day 800. Is that correct? are there any plans for preventing this?

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, InappropriateTennoName5009 said:

as title says everyone gets choices except the ones who are at the max logins available we only get whatever new weapon or mod de issues we dont get a 1 of 3 choice ie primed mods weapons or syndanna's...kinda thought thats what trading was going to balance for us at the max logins...the the riven mods and endo whatever seem okay but not the primed mods and weapons thats only balanced for those with less logins

I think you missed the part where you can choose to repeat reward lines for Primed mods (that you can sell to the impatient) and weapons you might have wanted to retry but sold after leveling. My guess is these reward lines also contain some with potatoes, forma and boosters. Things that are by no means any less valuable then the mods and weapons. The devs on the stream specifically said that you could repeat reward lines to sell to other players. 

Also I don't get the problem with having only one new thing to choose from because we already HAVE all the rest. We are just ahead of the curve. It's not unfair just because we have eaten up everything given to us already and have little else BUT the new thing to go for. It's just the way things work. I can't imagine the devs just up and basically doubling EVERYTHING in the reward options just for us vets. Even then it'd be a case of "unfairness" as we vets would have half the options the new people have. 

Edited by Lakais

i fail to see how this is an issue. just grab the new rewards as they come up.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 7

choice between what? newer players can choose between the rewards they dont have, the same as you. The only difference is that you already have everything the system offer right now, so its pretty obvious that you can only choose 1 new reward at a time....

• Like 4

You got your stuff. What do you really care?

Moreover, you now have more options going forward. Not seeing a problem here. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Lakais said:

I think you missed the part where you can choose to repeat reward lines for Primed mods (that you can sell to the impatient) and weapons you might have wanted to retry but sold after leveling. My guess is these reward lines also contain some with potatoes, forma and boosters. Things that are by no means any less valuable then the mods and weapons. The devs on the stream specifically said that you could repeat reward lines for those reasons. 

Also I don't get the problem with having only one new thing to choose from because we already HAVE all the rest. We are just ahead of the curve. It's not unfair just because we have eaten up everything given to us already and have little else BUT the new thing to go for. It's just the way things work. I can't imagine the devs just up and basically doubling EVERYTHING in the reward options just for us vets. Even then it'd be a case of "unfairness" as we vets would have half the options the new people have. 

you may have missed the part of rebeccas post where you cant sell the login rewards ...this seems all about making it fair for new players yet doing nothing for older login reward players...all de would have to do is a have constant stable of 3 new choices at the max tier of logins so we always have a choice

1 minute ago, Lakais said:

I think you missed the part where you can choose to repeat reward lines for Primed mods (that you can sell to the impatient) and weapons you might have wanted to retry but sold after leveling. My guess is these reward lines also contain some with potatoes, forma and boosters. Things that are by no means any less valuable then the mods and weapons. The devs on the stream specifically said that you could repeat reward lines to sell to other players. 

Having them tradeable has been removed from the plan (which having them even being tradeable was a terrible idea).

To the OP:

This isn't FOR you, if you're already at max, then great, but the current system has been busted for a long time now, so any change is good.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

So new players will still need to play for over two years to get MR25 (or whatever max is at that time)?

In fact, by the time they get there, they still won't get max, unless you are saying that you won't be introducing any more login weapons.

Sounds like you haven't fixed anything.

Edited by -AoN-CanoLathra-
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

So people below 200, 400, etc. will get two weapons earlier than those who aren't there when it gets implemented, which is a bit alarming, but even worse if this is getting implemented after how it is currently. People who are above the weapon login dates are going to completely miss their choice of what they wan't for 200ish days, this doesn't seem right to me.

• Applause 2
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, --SKZ--Pizza said:

Oh no this is REALLY bad... there are issues with this. If i'm at day 667 i'll only get the Sigma and Octantis at day 800. Is that correct? are there any plans for preventing this?

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that's a typo as its an inverse of the current system.

Can you pick the same reward more than once? Are there any limits? (i.e. can I just get 3 Rivens on every single 50s milestone?)

Are new "unique" rewards planned for the 100s and 200s milestones, or is the current set of equipment/weapons/mods just "it" and everything afterwards evergreen-type stuff?

Thanks!

Ah I'm like 30 days away from zenistar. If they do this I have to wait another 100 days.

• Applause 1

1 minute ago, Sean said:

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that's a typo as its an inverse of the current system.

8 typos in a row....