[DE]Rebecca

Daily Tribute Dev Workshop!

2 hours ago, Lakais said:

I think you missed the part where you can choose to repeat reward lines for Primed mods (that you can sell to the impatient) and weapons you might have wanted to retry but sold after leveling. My guess is these reward lines also contain some with potatoes, forma and boosters. Things that are by no means any less valuable then the mods and weapons. The devs on the stream specifically said that you could repeat reward lines to sell to other players. 

Also I don't get the problem with having only one new thing to choose from because we already HAVE all the rest. We are just ahead of the curve. It's not unfair just because we have eaten up everything given to us already and have little else BUT the new thing to go for. It's just the way things work. I can't imagine the devs just up and basically doubling EVERYTHING in the reward options just for us vets. Even then it'd be a case of "unfairness" as we vets would have half the options the new people have. 

If this is confirmed and absolutely true then all my butt-hurt-ery ends now! Otherwise, I feel this is a kick in the face to those of us that not only logged-in beyond 200 days, but also played the game beyond 200 days. I remember when I started there was Primed Vigor and Zenistar and I was like 'I'll get them if I enjoy this game enough.' Here I am 839 days in, still playing the game everyday like it just got released or something. I even got a crap-ton of people to play this and they've gone on to bring a crap-ton more.

Dear DE,

Today, I will login for my 251st tribute. I was excited about getting a Zenistar in 49 days. It seems that from the information offered so far, I'll be waiting AN EXTRA 100 DAYS!

This is not how you treat your customers. I bought 3 Prime packs, two of which were a pair of frames and weapons I support you DE. Please don't screw me over. Please?

3 hours ago, InappropriateTennoName5009 said:

i have all those things and i do care

You care about your own personal shiny things. You don't care about the overall health of the game.

Stop being selfish.

Why do not you consider the possibility for newcomers to catch up with experienced?
For example, a daily task that would increase the counter by +1 (but did not give a reward)

translated by Google

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

As a final point, we are making these changes because the linearity and complete lack of customization of the system is starting to show its age. We've made it only slightly more flexible while still respecting the core need to login frequently. Personalization is a huge part of Warframe and we think that this changes the Daily Tribute system to better reflect that. With the new track milestones, we're hoping each Tenno will have a reason to look forward to those 50 day logins.

So stay tuned all, hopefully this clarifies the current plan!

I like all of these changes although it doesn't quite address the sheer amount of logins required for newer accounts. Not being able to trade weapons/mods is ok, as it'll stop extra accounts being created purely for the purpose of earning these items faster.

I would like to make two different suggestions that approaches the login tribute differently:

• Have a 48hr weekend alert every 2 months or so that adds days to your current track so that your next login finishes the track. This reduces the number of logins required slightly at the expense of receiving resources from the daily tribute, and you can disable/hide the alert for accounts that are within 150 days of the current daily login maximum value. At 2 months (60 days, 50 min logins) a player could gain the equivalent of 100 days. There's still a significant amount of time before you'd catch up to within 150 days of the maximum.
  • Turn the daily login system into a weekly alert (similar to Clem, ayatan sculpture hunt). Significantly increase and reward a mix of items (have 4 drop tables and grant a reward from each table). Every x completions of the alert is a rotation and allows the player to pick a reward (rotation a = sigil/resource packs, b = mods, c = weapons).
Edited by Kokomala
  • Applause 1

I just don't understand who these changes are for? There seems to be this vocal minority of people whining about the stuff locked behind this time-gate. So what? There's plenty of people who have earned the rewards already, it's not like any of them are necessary either. They're bonuses. It never kept me awake at night that I didn't have the Sigma and Octantis. I just played the game, ground my stuff, earned my mastery and got a prize once in a while. 

Why change the system? Log in rewards benefit the people who have logged in the most, it's implicit! I do not see the issue here. All I can see is people getting angry they can't get a shiny thing, these are the only items in game you can't drop plat on. Everything else in this game you work for, you grind it, you craft it, you wait. Is the issue that the time-scale is too long? If that's the case just squash the milestones down, give everybody the rewards retroactively (i.e. if you've played 1000 days you earn earn everything up to that milestone) and move on.

Don't even get me started on a choice of Prime Mods, none of the older players got to choose, that doesn't seem right.

Edited by JCBeastie
Naughty words oops
  • Like 4

Doing it based on login days isn't really fair for the first part, it doesn't account for how much the person has actually played. For example I only started playing after Plains of Eidolon and only have 270 days but I have reached MR 24 and played for 1000+ hours. Under the proposed system someone who has played very little and just logged in every few days but not played much might have the same number of days, but no where near the number of hours or MR rank.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, (XB1)H3L1X said:

Dear DE,

Today, I will login for my 251st tribute. I was excited about getting a Zenistar in 49 days. It seems that from the information offered so far, I'll be waiting AN EXTRA 100 DAYS!

This is not how you treat your customers. I bought 3 Prime packs, two of which were a pair of frames and weapons I support you DE. Please don't screw me over. Please?

Hey there -- if you read the edits made to the main post at 2:31pm EST today, you'd see that we're swapping the Weapon and Mod tracks to better reflect the current milestones. :) 

That means Weapons will be 100/300/500, etc!

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 1

I really like the scaling login rewards. I still think you should place the weapons and primed mods in eso (or other content that’s challenging) while putting peculiar mods in the login system as it’s seems for fitting imho. As far as trading login rewards, I don’t mind it at all, I logged in for it. It’s mine and I feel like I should be able to do what I want with it but if it stays the same then it’s whatever. But yeah my only problem is that these weapons and mods are behind a time wall, that’s not a good way to do it imo.

And for those who have already won the prizes without being able to choose? I do not want Azima or Primed Fury.

Edited by --Peter--
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, PoisonHD said:

Getting a new reward or still receiving one isn't a nod towards your playtime if it is something everyone can get. Whenever they really announce a new system, it's more targeted to new players, and their experience. From things like, what was supposed to be a veteran only ESO, got a lower level, casual mode for newer players to experience. Beta players (Which I am not) losing out on their exclusive Braton and Lato vandal with no nod towards how long they've been playing to have that. etc.

Things like that, that are only taking newer players into account without really acknowledging the dedicating of older players are what bother me. Losing my toys doesn't bother me in the slightest, give it all away since it's too hard to get right now. I just want the players who've had those items, or put the time in for them, to be acknowledged for it.

Beta player here. Couldn't care less that other people can get those weapons. In fact I'm happy for them, if that's actually true. I haven't looked into it since my return to the game a few weeks ago.

Also, I absolutely love when people pretend to be offended on behalf of others.

No.

Wait.

I don't. It's so patronizing. So stop doing that.

Aside from that you listed one specific thing out of dozens and maybe hundreds of things DE has changed or added to the game in the last year. I hardly call that catering to new players.

Edited by f3llyn

So instead of waiting two years to get weapons, we have to wait.... two years? This system seems like it addresses none of the biggest complaints about the current system, and makes things more complicated.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

The correct would be to only put cosmetics as reward for daily login.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 3

So you guys are just gunna give the Zenistar and similar weapons away to early player while semi-veterans and veterans (like myself) sit here with nothing new. Hook our a*s's up DE! Aint fair that they can get their zenith or zenistar at day 100 while we had to wait. Make a Zeni-Warframe and give it to those who feel this way. 😠

I absoloutly love the game, its my all time favorite. But you guys are making some bad choices, and getting people angry! This Excalibur Prime dilema where u r buffing his energy is just as fair as the new login system (That is, it's not fair.) I've paid then your average founder and from the moment i got the game ive been supporting (Joined around saryn prime's release.). 😞

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

This new system looks pretty good to me. But the one question I have is, how do you plan to handle the transition itself? For one, I'm currently working toward my 300 days milestone, for the much-anticipated Zenistar - if you were to just flip it over, I'd be forced to get another primed mod, to then wait another 100 days to get the weapon.

If that's the case, I'll deal. But I'd like to suggest a grace-transition: As soon as the new system is live, players will continue on the old track *as well as* the new track for the first milestone; meaning that for me, I'd hit the old 300-days reward and get a choice of reward in the new system. All subsequent milestones would then obey the new system.

To make this fair, I'd propose that everyone gets an evergreen-tier pick on top of their current expected reward. So someone at an x50 Milestone would get their expected sigil/evergreen and an evergreen. Someone at a mod or weapon would get that plus an evergreen reward. This allows an extra nicety for everyone moving from one system to the next, without causing unnecessary edge-case frustrations for people like me who might get their Zenistar/Zenith/Sigma delayed by potentially over 100 days.

2 minutes ago, JorgeJoestar said:

So instead of waiting two years to get weapons, we have to wait.... two years? This system seems like it addresses none of the biggest complaints about the current system, and makes things more complicated.

Well yeah, its still two years for the weapons, but now you can get them in any order, so you select the most valuables first and let the azima to rot at the bottom of the can. It's not a perfect system, but at least now we can choose what reward we want for that particular milestone.

Is not this fair, for those who, for example, are waiting for 300 full days for Zenistar, will not be able to choose the previous prizes? while those who get the first 200 days can already have the best prizes?

It would be nice if those who already had accumulated days received extra prizes, I do not think it's right that some wait so long to finally see new players winning the same prizes without having any advantage.

And I'll say it again, we'd better just have cosmetics as a reward, otherwise we'll have this discussion forever.

Edited by --Peter--
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

After that correction, I need to login a hundred more days for my weapon. I'm sorry, I can't see anything good about these changes. I don't know if this was the plan 3years ago, that after 3 years, de will change the login system. Youre saying it's showing age? Of course it will! New players are coming and loyal players are still here, and all i can see is that you see them similarly and rewarding them similarly. There's no equity in the rewards. I mean sure, i log in the game to just have an attendance for the login, but there were days-months where the game was just the thing i enjoyed. But we took the effort to give the game a few minutes of those days even just for logging in. The only people I see who will benefit from this changes are the new player– those less than a hundred login, and a few 3+years old player of the game who have logged in regularly who agrees with this. People in the middle?... I don't know the word for it. It's just sad. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

So nothing has really changed everyone got mad for nothing new players still have to wait they just get to pick what they're waiting for. 

All this hoopla for nadda 

• Upvote 1

This is not good for either veterans or new players. Both are #*!%ed over. Veterans lose any prestige or show of dedication and new players still have to wait anyway but slightly less or more depending on your login days.

Having played on the xbox for years and then switching over to PC I understand the long wait times to get those weapons and primed mods, but to be honest there should be a bit of a lock out on some of them, I would be angry if I had been playing for years and hit that 1000 day milestone armor and then someone comes along and gets it at day 200.

(edit) After further consideration keep the milestones as they are just give us some better daily logins like some kuva, nitain, forma, or exilus adapters

Edited by SarinRedfield
Further considerations
  • Like 2

How about a progressive system like affinity.

You get a reward every, say 60 credits. You get 4 credits a login until you hit four (4) rewards. Then you get three (3) credits per login for the next four (4) rewards. What you get decreases by 1 credit/day until you hit a floor of 1/day.

That would mean that the existing 20 rewards come out at: 15 / 30 / 45 / 60 / 80 / 100 / 120 / 140 / 170 / 200 / 230 / 260 / 320 / 380 / 440 / 400 / 460 / 520 / 580 / 640.

The actual numbers should be tweaked, but progressive XP systems are designed to prevent players coming in late or players who have to miss a bit not being overly penalized. It's the same basic concept that almost all XP-based systems use. It still means that people who are ahead will always stay ahead and we can stamp a giant number of days above each Tenno's head to show your "loyalty" score, but maintaining player inequality does the game a disservice.