Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daily Tribute Dev Workshop!

[DE]Rebecca

So the only thing to happen to this reward system is you can choose the order that the login rewards can be obtained... great

I was excited to see about the ability to pick login reward system so that when I invite new players they can pick up the weapons/mods a bit quicker than previously possible. But NO. You just had to make it so it takes the same amount of time to get all of the weapons/mods as previously possible, just they get to pick what weapons/mods they want first. This does not solve the issue I, a MR 25 player, with almost 900 login day reward, have when it comes to inviting new players to the game. I do not like to have to tell them that you will need to play for two to three straight years just to get ALL of the login gear. You should be able to pick ANY mod/weapon you want EVERY 50 days. If you already have them in your inventory at that point then riven packs and the like are great for players who run out of milestones (like me soon). I would also suggest that you keep the sigils/glyphs/cosmetics to the same time tables as before as that gives veterans the chance to show off how long they have been playing without affecting what game-affecting content newer players have access to once you hit the high login milestones. I personally equip the 800 day glyph just to tell other people that I have been supporting warframe for years and I would prefer you keep it that way.

TL/DR: give newer players the option to pick which mod or weapon to get EVERY 50 days to give them a chance to catch up, keep the cosmetic rewards at the same login intervals so that players with a lot of login time can show off their long time loyalty like me.

Just now, Kajikuro said:

I love the new system, wonderful work DE for updating this waiting game to be more futureproof.

By changing this system, you can easily implement new sett's of gear without it being hidden behind years of logging inn. Are we loosing prestige? I don't think the current system should be a sign of prestige. People could have done nothing else than logging inn and collecting the reward, that or build a macro to do it, I think our prestige in game should rather come from what we do in the game. Warframe is developing further and further, implementing new content and challenges. Something I see more prestigious than waiting for picking up something when I log inn.

This is as fresh wind in our sails, I can’t wait to see what the future brings.  😄

I personally spent easily 80 days of my 309 doing exactly that - logging in and *maybe* doing the sortie, then logging out. It doesn't help that I get a damned pineapple 96% of the time. 

I think these are excellent changes!

The only thing that I would request is that everyone get the chance to pick from any of the login rewards for their 100-day-period milestone or longer.

This would mean that players (like me) who just hit a big milestone for a primed mod and were looking forward to getting a weapon in 100 days still have the opportunity to get that weapon after 100 days instead of 200. It would be greatly appreciated!

Just saw that the milestones were swapped around - my request has been rescinded. Looking forward to this implementation!

7 minutes ago, Beartornado said:

I mark an F on your post and scribble in small text "see me after class" for this abhorrent excuse of a comparison. When the test is literally 'use your keyboard for 5 minutes each day' to claim a free reward that requires no additional effort I don't think the teacher cares if you've managed to do it for 50 days or 500 days. The task you've been given is inane and minimal effort, and if your ability to do it more than others is the only thing defining you from those that come after you then the teacher would be thoroughly disappointed at how much you've wasted the bastion of opportunity the school represents.

The fact that you upped the ante by going from test to Ph.D. and claiming that someone who logged in for 800 days in a video game is equivalent to someone who went through the spectacularly brutal effort required to specialize yourself in a specific field to the point that you can have the title "Doctor" before your name is more insulting than calling them elitist snobs would've been. Push off with this garbage.

Wow this reply is simple-minded. The overall analogy is quite obvious: Demanding to have things without wanting to fulfill the requisites. This wasn't about the value of the items involved. I think you knew that and that infuriates me. Just man or woman up and admit that these people are demanding something because they don't feel like meeting the requirements.

hey folks.

My last loggin idea was not that well received... since people thought too much was going on. but since people hate the new dev workshop to oblivion i decided to cut some pieces and reintroduce my idea simplyfied:

so - the daily reward system needs to go along with a ranking system (like the syndicates etc).

that means that people level there ranks by some sort of value.. previously i considered sticking this task to baro so i thought of ranking it with endo BUT overall it can be anything. (maybe somewhat quest based like simaris?)..

and the higher the rank when reaching a milestone the bigger the accessable reward pool. OFCOURSE players would start with a rank accordibg to the previous days logged in. so veterans might even start on on of the higher ranks.

ALSO the rank should still slowly increase every day with every loggin - this is important because:

this would treat new players and veterans alike. as new once could grund their ass off to achieve a decent rank until the next milestone (eg. to earn the zenistar earlier) or just simply play the game as before and slowly reach higher ranks and earn the weapons just like before/now!

PLEASE TELL ME YOUR OPPINION AND LET THIS REACH DE!

46 minutes ago, (PS4)supernova_girlie said:

You got a test in class two weeks from now.

You study your pa-tooty off.

Two weeks have passed and you're now about to take the test.

As the teacher is passing out the test in class, enters Student X.

Student X argues "There was too much material to cover and I wanted to hang out with my homies, please just give me an A"

The teacher gives Student X an A on the test even though Student X didn't even take it.

How do you feel about that?

I would say awesome, good for student X, like any sane person would. Since I would have known personally how hard and difficult it was to study, I would of course be happy for anyone who didn't have to go through that nonsense. And since students X's grade, whether he failed or got an A, in no way, shape or form would affect me or my grade, there's no reason at all why I shouldn't be happy for him. Unless of course I was a petty miserable human being.

Thanks for the changes but personally not a fan of locking Primed mods behind login days. A person can simply just log in and not play more than 100 hours in 1000 days and yet have all the primed mods. While a new player who has spent 1000+ of hours in 200 days and still not have a necessary primed mod. 

Locking any weapon or mod that changes overall gameplay is just messed up in the first place. Plenty of users can actually make a use of Primed Fury/Vigor/Shred than someone who just logged in for 1000 days and never even uses it. Also, a new user will have to wait minimum 400 number of days just to get 2 useful Primed mods. By that time, so much will be changed and these will be redundant. If you have logged in and legitimately played for 1000 days, you wouldn't bother with these rewards as they are pretty much pointless after 3+ years of play time. 

If the final plan is to lock it behind a number of days, then it should at least be tradeable. So people who want to use those mods will actually use it and not let it bite the dust. 

Thanks for the changes. 

One more request: please refresh alerts and some of the mission rewards. Kind of feels pointless to do alerts for 1x Gallium or Morphics or insert uncommon/rare material. Even 50 endo seems not worthy as you can get way more just by playing normal and not do the alerts at all.  

Some of the survival missions (and others too) can use an upgraded pool of rewards. It was hilarious to see 500 credits reward after 30 minutes... 😞 

41 minutes ago, notpsion said:
  • Old system, final login reward weapon on day 700
  • New proposed system, final login reward weapon on day 700

Doesn't this sound wrong?

I propose this: Every milestone (50 days, currently) let players pick whatever they want from the reward table just like Syndicates. Simple, no fuss. It gives players control on what to prioritize - do they just want evergreen packs? Cool, they can. Do they want sigils? Cool, they can. Do they want weapons? Cool, they can.

I like MR. It's what I chose to focus on. I'm MR25 and maxed out on everything accessible to me well before day 300. For me, neither the current or the proposed system is an incentive to log in for over a year to finish that out, it's a problem! But if players could just choose every milestone, they're in control, they get to make real choices, and they get real rewards. Much more carrot, much less stick.

Time-gate cosmetics to "must have logged in at least x days to pick this" if you want, but primed mods and weapons should be accessible every milestone imo.

Same boat as you except I got the zenistar and now have to wait forever for another weapon which will likely be MR fodder. If I could have skipped those damned sigils then maybe I'd feel more enthusiastic about these changes. The login rewards aren't prestige, they're more disheartening than anything at times. I made MR 24 before login 200. I consider that more prestige than anything,  although I've seen MANY MR20+ players who still don't have a clue about the frames they're playing or the peculiars of the mission they're in. I will honestly say in that light prestige is hard to quantify, but it's not the simplest of mechanics in the game - login. It also doesn't do anything for DE as logging in and then out doesn't guarantee playtime.

So here's my issue with this: I've worked incredibly hard during the last year and a half of playing Warframe after being gone for years. I pushed my clan to do raids daily back in the day and tridolon hunts more recently. I farmed for hundreds of hours to not only bolster my gear and loadouts but those of friends and clanmates. I went from MR6 or so to now being at MR25 with nothing left to max except the usual Excalibur Prime gear and login weapons. With all that work put into the game, I am still, and will always, be behind other players because of the login rewards. There's nothing I can do to be on par with older players because they decided to start playing before I did. That's a super disheartening feeling. No matter how hard I try or how much I do, players with tenure will always be in higher standing. And new players will have it even worse than others like me. That's why we wanted a way to catch up on the login rewards or a change to the system, and this doesn't address that issue at all.

Just a random thought DE - what if, instead of locking primed mods and the login weapons behind daily logins you locked them instead behind played hours (and I mean mission hours, not sitting in your orbiter or dojo) - just send them in the mail when we reach X mission hours. Reward the people for ACTUALLY playing the game. Keep the daily tribute with fluff and discounts - put the meat behind played hours. Makes it more "Prestigious" , keeps people playing and gives them more content BY playing. 

1 minute ago, rune_me said:

I would say awesome, good for student X, like any sane person would. Since I would have known personally how hard and difficult it was to study, I would of course be happy for anyone who didn't have to go through that nonsense. And since students X's grade, whether he failed or got an A, in no way, shape or form would affect me or my grade, there's no reason at all why I shouldn't be happy for him. Unless of course I was a petty miserable human being.

I'm 99.999% positive this is pure BS. Look just keep on towing the line and going with the popular sentiment. I don't mind ruffling any feathers, especially if it involves telling the TRUTH.

Like I said folks, stick with the "it's not fair that powerful mods and weapons are behind a long time period" argument. Though this argument is weak, it is the best one you've got.

There was a time when people had dignity and handled any challenge to get the things they wanted even if in a video game. Now players want to get on the game and get everything handed to them in a week and roll with the "big dogs".

2 minutes ago, nokturnihs said:

Every milestone (50 days, currently) let players pick whatever they want from the reward table just like Syndicates. Simple, no fuss. It gives players control on what to prioritize - do they just want evergreen packs? Cool, they can. Do they want sigils? Cool, they can. Do they want weapons? Cool, they can.

I agree. Simple and perfect. Just let users choose what they want every 50 days. It's not like every primed mod from the current table is being used nor can be traded. So what's the point of locking it behind every 200 days? A lot can change in 200 days. 

To make this even more interesting, put in some cosmetics (exclusive) so people won't just always go for the mod (and not even use). 

The current system is silly. You have to wait for 200 days and pick up an MR fodder which you won't even use more than 20-30 minutes. What's the point of it? At least the mod can be usable in many places and the user will have to invest 20-40k endos if he/she is interested. 

Hopefully DE will re-consider and have a proper login system that will help every player and not just someone who has logged in 500+ days and yet have 100 hours of playtime. 

Dear DE, intend to make Daily Tribute rewards scale is welcomed and honestly, it would be nice to see scaling in other systems as well. However, Endo rewards will still be laughable, at least double the new numbers you intend to give us. It will help new players way more than to Veterans and I mean it. Veterans mostly get Endo from other sources, especially rotations and Sculptures (which are tradeable). So for Veterans, there's no real way to scale it to not break it, for Newbies, that's another story.

To Milestones. DE, never make stuff from them tradeable. It will put meaning behind Daily Tribute to oblivion. In the moment where you will make that stuff tradeable, you can expect dozens of exploiters, utilizing separate accounts in order to get it just to sell it and make Platina and even you must be aware that you will never be able to caught and ban them all, it's an impossible feat in every online game and will always be (since new exploiters will always pop out).

I know, DE, that messing up Daily Tribute could have consequences, but you shouldn't be worried to experiment more and be more bolder about stuff. You have a community here which cares about game and is willing to go through experiments and crazy stuff (still remembering years back when I began to play, you were much bolder with everything than you are now and it's really a shame, it was what I found golden).

6 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

We are also looking into adding a fourth category past the 1000 Milestone with more 'evergreen' rewards'.

The problem there is then we're right back to square one. The only way it works is if those rewards are so superficial that they aren't sufficiently desirable as to be come demotivational to newer players. At which point they aren't going to please the people you're adding them to please either. 

Personally I think they could make it one degree more flexible. Like let's say at 50 you can grab Zenistar freely (as an example), but that precludes you from grabbing another weapon for 200 days. So by elimination you'll have to grab the other milestone rewards at some point in the cycle.

So the intent would be the same outcome over a long stretch of time, but allows people to backload or frontload their acquisitions as they want. Maybe you choose to get new weapons ASAP every 200 days, Maybe you try to stack the big rewards to be close to each other with one at the end of a cycle and the other at the start of the next cycle.

So it would be: every 200 day interval you have to pick two resource/sigil packs, one weapon, and one mod, at some point in the milestones in that timeframe. If you pick a weapon and a mod in your first 100 days, you're going to be waiting 150 days before you get a milestone that isn't a sigil pack. So it's more freedom, but still essentially constrained by the same limits without privileging 100-days over 150-days. Just a little bit more control.

(If no-trading remains the rule then the possible worry of creating 50-day Zenistar farm mules is a non-issue also)

Hope they don´t make the Weapons and Mods tradable, but is there any Plan to really reward People that already have like 900 Days or more( 3 Riven and Forma doesn´t look like a good reward for playing over 2 Years)?

Like give a special Cosmetic Item or anything exclusive to those that reach 1000 Days to show how long they have been supporting this great game 😉

16 minutes ago, (PS4)supernova_girlie said:

I'm 99.999% positive this is pure BS. Look just keep on towing the line and going with the popular sentiment. I don't mind ruffling any feathers, especially if it involves telling the TRUTH.

Why on earth would you assume that's bs? 

I am currently 3 days away from getting the zenistar. If I had bothered to lock into Warframe for the past 2 weeks I would have it, but hey Monster Hunter World came out so I kind of forgot all about Warframe. But I log in 3 more times, for a total of 300 days, and I get the zenistar. Now, why on earth would it bother me in any way at all, that some new player got it right away? It wouldn't change the fact that I have it. It would in fact not affect me or my experience in Warframe even one tiny iota. Being upset about that would be absolutely pointless (and quite petty). And it's not like logging into Warframe for 300 days was a Challenger or an accomplishment. It didn't require any special skills or talents for me to do. 

I thinks is a bad policy weapons and mods stays in Daily Logins...

One good fix is move that to new achievments, like find all the kurias, scan all cephalon fragments, and so. I don't think that a "wait list" is good to players...

I already have all weapons and warframes, have Mastery Rank 25, and I have to login almost 400 days to get the two weapons I don't have and a player that has Mastery Rank 15 or even lower already have that weapon... Is this fair?

I'm happy that DE is working in changing the Daily Tributes, but I don't think this answer solves the problem.

Archived